Start by marking “Saving South (Damaged Souls Golden Hearts, #4)” as Want to Read:
Saving South (Damaged Souls Golden Hearts, #4)

Saving South

(Damaged Souls Golden Hearts #4)

Most secrets cause pain, but sometimes they heal.

South
With my band’s album skyrocketing up the charts, the last thing I want is a girlfriend. I like it rough and preferably with strangers, and I sure as hell don’t do love. Ever since my buddy introduced me to the kooky pet wedding photographer, I’ve done my best to ignore her. But Mia won’t take no for an answer. Now she’s
Published February 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Saving South, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saving South

Caroline Doig
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my 1st read and review for this author and this is a fantastic story and my absolute favourite genre. Mis see’s a picture of South in a magazine and she instantly falls in lust with him she ends up being a bit of a stalker because everywhere South is Mia is there, she goes to his concerts and she makes sure that she is in the front row and she’s there at all of the parties that South goes to. South has noticed Mia everywhere he goes she is there he doesn’t do commitment or relationships ...more
Doris
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!!

South and Mia's story was one h*'ll of a rollercoaster ride. As the bad boy lead singer of Up Void, South lived every bit of the rock star life; drinking, drugs and one-and-dones. Mia was a different story and once he finally let her in his life she made him break all of his rules.

South had a extremely bad upbringing until he found a family that showed him he could be loved and put a guitar in his hands. There are times I wanted to strangle him but knew that deep down he was worth all
Gladys
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this read. South and Mia's story had plenty of emotional turmoil on their road to romance. I liked both these characters and it was easy to root for them as a couple. For Mia's part, I thought she added some cuteness to the story. Her fangirl crush was relatable and realistic. South was wounded and his baggage caused him to act out. To start this was a bit off putting and I was not happy with his actions toward Mia. Once you got to know him though, you could understand where it ...more
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Feb 26, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a rough read. If I hadn't known how messed up South's childhood was I would have probably given up on this. Thankfully Mia was able to help him in the end even if she believed lies and almost destroyed him for good. What also saved this was that the band got together in the end and fired the chick that was responsible for all the drama. I thought it was a creative way to handle the situation.
Ashley Haltom
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was an emotional roller coaster to read. There were some high point and really low points. There was impeccable character development throughout the book. The characters really pull on your heart strings. I love that the book really shows the importance of communication in a relationship. The realism and character development combine to create an attachment between reader and characters. This was an amazing read. I highly recommend reading it!

I received a free copy of this book via Boo
Diane Richmond
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, it’s a rock star romance, but so much more. South was the result of a violent rape and his mother never bonded with him, being emotionally abusive to South until he left aged fifteen. He was determined never to have any children or open himself to love another woman...the band became his family.

Mia loved South at first sight and he quickly responded to the attention she gave him. When Mia became pregnant she worried that would end their relationship, but someone was already determined to do
poppy
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This was a super read I really liked Mia and South and really enjoyed their story I have to admit there were times I really wanted Mia to tell him to do one I know he had his issues but the way he talked to her at times made me want to beat him, overall though you cannot help but like these two together this is a really good well-written addition to the series and I would recommend it.
Lisa H
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Mia’s has a Jones for South since she met him.

South is the lead singer for Up Void, a local band. He’s had a thing for Mia too, but he doesn’t do girls he’s friends with or knows well.

It’s the push and pull of their attraction to each other.

Magali
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Between passion and torment
Mia is very attracted to South singer in a rock band, but he seems to run away. He thinks she deserves better and she only wants one night until they discover themselves. The story is fairly classic with a tormented rocker and a friend who's been drawn to him for a long time, and they start a relation, but the story takes a turn I loved when a "watcher", a stalker or a fan who spies South is introduced. We do not know if it's a man or a woman, but one thing is certain,
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book I've read written by Amy J. Heart; she has done an great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Treasa
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
INTENSE EMOTIONAL RIDE!
A gripping emotional rollercoaster ride that will tug and pull at your heartstrings at times making it incredibly hard to put down! Sexy exciting chemistry and fantastic twists! An intense emotional read that is so worth the read and more!
Lynn
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.  First time I have read one of Amy's books.  I hope it won't be the last.  I loved it.  It had despair, hope, laughter and happiness.  South is a lead singer in a up and coming band.  He has always had a thing for Mia but won't allow himself the chance to be with her.  That won't matter.  Mia has always been in love with him. She has always secretly stalked him in an innocent way.  She will whittle away his resistance eventually.
Jamie Mounts
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first I've read by this author. It was a great read. The chemistry between these characters was hot. I liked and will be reading more from this author.

Giofab21
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally South's getting some love. Poor guy is broken and meeting Mia is just what they both need if they only cut through the crap. Having gone through all the drama with his other band members it was only a matter of time for him to fall for this fun and different girl. Hot sex guaranteed (you can count on that with all the books in this series).
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
South and Mia will take you on quite the ride during their story! Many ups and downs, twists and turns, and drama. All the aspects of a good romance! Quite an emotional journey!

Terry
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Mia has had a crush on South since ... well, before they even met. Once they did meet, it became her obsession. South doesn't believe that he is worthy of being loved, so he lives his life to the max ... the good old cliche - sex, drugs and rock & roll! But when he meets Mia, he doesn't understand the feelings he's having. It doesn't take long for Mia to win him over and they start their tumultuous relationship. South has told Mia plenty of times that he never wants kids and when Mi
J. Ockenhouse
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mia and South are going to take you on an emotional rock star journey. It's full of highs and pitfalls. These two are such memorable characters. The storyline is incredible. Their connection is intense and you can't look away for a moment or you'll miss another surprise that awaits them and you. I received an ARC for an honest and voluntarily review.
Gaynor Jones
Opposites attract

Mutual attraction and lust may not be enough to make them cross the line into lovers....but when they do he rocks her world! What he doesn't expect is to want another taste, and another and.....well then all bets are of when their coupling produces results!
Lofty
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2*
Mia is Ivy’s best friend and has been crushing over her boyfriends band member South forever.
South feels damaged he never has girlfriends & doesn’t mess about with friends but Mia has certainly got him in a twist. Can South realise what he’s got before it’s too late?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Kimberly
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story has many twists and turns with unexpected challenges between start to finish.

Nadea Croix
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like this story It grabbed and caught my attention from the first page kept me enthralled has so many twist and turns and unexpected challenges in between till the finale

Amy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Saving South is an angsty story about learning to love yourself while finding love when it is unwanted. The story follows South, the frontman for Up Void, an up and coming band poised for stardom. He is handsome, rough, and unavailable for any profound relationship by his own choice. Mia is a photographer who photographs dog weddings and ceremonies. She is also the best friend to the girlfriend of one of South’s friends. Mia has eyes for South. She wants a one-night stand with him, but South giv ...more
Anna
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amy J. Heart knocks it out of the park again with Saving South. I was first enchanted with her writing back when I stumbled upon A Boy Called L. This book is a bit more light-hearted than that taboo dark love story, but there is still a bit of drama characteristic to this author’s books. I do love a damaged, bad-boy rocker and South is definitely it. I like how he is also vulnerable and has insecurities that he must overcome. My heart broke for this complex character many times over. Mia is quir ...more
Pam Curran
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new author and series for me and having not read the previous books I didn't know the history of the characters. However, I liked the story but did find it seemed to be a little slow, and dragged out a bit too much time between parts of the story.

I felt so sorry for South being so damaged that he was so scared to fall in love. Mia seemed a bright bubbly character most of the time who had a major crush on South at the beginning and was so lucky to get together with him. Taking into acc
Jennifer Olivas
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can love save his damaged soul?

Pet photographer, Mia fell hard for rock star, South, the first time she saw him in a magazine. So begins her quest to seduce him for a night of hot sex. South seems like his isn't interested in Mia, but he has secretly been crushing on her for some time now. One night at a party, the two give in to their lust and have some mind blowing sex. While relationships aren't normally his thing, South can't deny his feelings for Mia. Can they get past his painful, damaged
Ashley
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
South doesn't do relationships; he's a one night stand only kind of guy. Mia is a friend of a friend and wants a chance with South, even if it's only one night. To both their surprises, South gets one taste of Mia and keeps coming back for more.

It's a beautiful story. Though they have to overcome their obstacles and both have their stupid moments during the story, the end is perfect. Once South gets his head out of his butt, he's a gem.

Great characters and story. Loved it!

I voluntarily reviewed
Kathy Aronoff
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars - I am not as enthralled with this book as others. In fact at one point I wanted kick South -south of his less used brain. Which is sad because parts of the book were really good. Mia chasing a rock star was a welcomed change since she was from the inner circle and not a groupie, most of my enjoyment came at the beginning of the book. The book went "South" (pun intended) for me with the "Watcher" and both Mia's & South's reactions, thought process and ultimate decision making. Sorr ...more
Chanda Norman
This romance is a about an South, a rockstar and his stalker girlfriend, Mia. Both are emotionally immature, make quick often childish decisions that are hard to overcome. Their story had some depth but frequently went in so many directions it was easy to get lost. I think a young adult reader would enjoy this sexy tale the most.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy provided by Hidden Gem.
Alanna
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 stars An improvement. Some tonal and plot flow issues, built if tension that doesn’t all get its due release. However the characters stay in character. The story ideas and characters are good, and since the storytelling improved as the series went, I’ll probably read another book from this author.
Miss Piggy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
I loved this! It grabbed me from the first page, kept me til the last and enthralled me in between. Well worth your time to read it.
Damaged souls. Golden hearts. Redemption.

Amy J Heart adores helping golden-hearted girls and broken boys find redemption. She loves indie music, mad hair colors, nuclear strength coffee, Siamese cats, and guys with long hair. But not in that order!

VIP Email list: http://eepurl.com/duiJbj
Website: https://www.amyjheart.com/books
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amyjheart

Damaged Souls Golden Hearts (4 books)
  • A Boy Called L (Damaged Souls Golden Hearts, #1)
  • Lightning Boy (Damaged Souls Golden Hearts, #2)
  • Tempting Ivy (Damaged Souls Golden Hearts, #3)