Start by marking “Timothy Mean and the Time Machine” as Want to Read:
Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

With Timothy Mean’s amazing imagination and time machine, anything and anywhere is possible!

Join Timothy on a magical rhyming adventure as he skips through time and pranks with pirates, gets daring with dragons, and even teases a T-Rex!

“It’s Monday. Hip hip hooray! Where shall we travel in time today?

With Timothy Mean, every day is a rhyme in time!
Paperback, 1, 24 pages
Published January 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Timothy Mean and the Time Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

Jane
A big thanks to the author for providing me with a review copy of Timothy Mean and the Time Machine. It is clearly a labour of love, and I can imagine the author telling this story to his children night after night until it came into its present form.

In this book, we follow an imaginative little boy who uses his time machine to visit various points in the past and future. Each two-page spread starts with a repeating rhyme that announces the day of the week, then the other page has a longer rhyme
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I received a physical copy from the author, in exchange for a honest review!

This was such a fun childrens picture book, following main character Timothy Mean as he builds a time machine and every day, he ventures into a different time period such as 1969 (first man on the moon) and the Viking era. The story was easy to follow, text clear to read and I loved the illustrations. I will be passing on my copy to my second cousin who is 2 and would really enjoy a fun, quick and educational read! Plus,
Tracy Shephard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean and the Time Machine is everything a children's book should be. It is bright, beautifully illustrated and lots of fun.

A week in the life of Timothy Mean, it is a story told in rhyme. Every day Timothy goes on a wonderful adventure, using a Time Machine he built with boxes and glue in his basement.

Dragons, Vikings, Pirates and free ice-cream , even Robots make an appearance. Timothy's wonderful imagination works up a storm.

The accompanying pictures are amazing and really capture Ti
HeidiLynns BookReviews
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank William A.E. Ford for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Timothy Mean and the Time Machine by William A.E. Ford was a very creative, adventure fun filled, and sometimes even comical read. Many children and us big kids at heart would really get a kick out of all the places Timothy goes in his time machine.

Marcelo Simonetti blew me away with his incredible illustrations and graphics in this book. Each picture was so incredibly detailed and lifelike.
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review post (available from May 22nd, 2019): http://swiftcoffee.blog/2019/05/22/ti...

To be honest, I'm not very fond of this cover, but the illustration inside was way better! That was actually stunning. It was almost even better than the story/verse.

Talking about the story: it's a fun and dynamic story about a mischievous little boy who's got a huge fantasy and his hobby is traveling through times. I have to admit I was not totally convinced by this time travel thing: there were very fant
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this to my two pre-school girls, I was interested to see what they thought about this book. This was a unique experience for them, seeing as it was their first book they have read "on screen". However, they appeared to enjoy the experience and see the adventures of Timothy Mean.

There are many things that I look for in books that I read to my children. I do like a book with a good rhyme scheme and Ford has got it right in this picture book. However, what would have been better was if the
Books R&B
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
his children book truly has a very catchy story telling approach that will keep kids jonesing on. This is a perfect bedtime book to any kid below the age of 8 which is not only entertaining but also boosts the kids imaginations. The whole writing is so cute that I read it a couple more times just for the fun of it and I'm 24! The pictures are visually appealing and but I felt that it was slightly advanced for a children's book. However, it is very relevant and to the point.

Timothy Mean is not at
Divya Mahajan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book wanted me to be a kid again so that I could own it and show it to all my friends. Timothy Mean is a mischievous kid with a lot of imagination Young kids would love to be read to and the illustrations are just too good. I am sure kids of all ages including those kids only at heart like me would love this book. The rhyming lines add a nice touch that ring a nice tone when read aloud. The robot teachers, the flying cars, dinosaurs, parents as kids what a varied story and mischief of Timot ...more
Ashley Uzzell
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story about a naughty boy who builds his own time machine. Timothy Mean travels back and forth in time, playing pranks. The illustrations were cute with humorous details. The rhyming made the story more enjoyable for my kids. A great read for young ones!
Gayle
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rhyming adventure with Timothy Mean as he whizzes through time in his home made machine. The book flows really well for a read aloud story. My children were quickly joining in and shouting out ‘Nobody knows!’

Over the course of a week Timothy travels from the dinosaurs to the future and meets some pirates along the way. Be prepared to read this over and over!
Melissa Espenschied
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Adams
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I liked this book. The rhyming did not always work so well, so reading aloud was a little difficult. It is a fun imaginative story of a boy's journey through time. He isn't always so nice on the journey, like pulling down Neil Armstrong's pants when he landed on the moon. Kids will probably think that is hilarious.
Overall we liked the story. We recommend the book for kids around ages 4-8.
We received a free PDF of this book and we are voluntarily sharing our review.
Jessica D. Ad
Shane Moore
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great art full of charming detailed and imaginative imagery! Perfectly understandable for a 3 year old, and appealing enough that he wanted me to read it again right away. The places visited by Timothy's time machine are great and varied. I took the opportunity to have a conversation with my son about how Timothy's behavior is not nice in most of the situations. He steals from the pirates, teases animals, and is generally naughty in mild ways. My son and I talked about how it is fine to pretend ...more
Cassandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

Super cute mini adventures for young readers. I really enjoy that you can read this either one page a day of the week or all at once and it makes a great sleepy time book. I like that you can read this outloud but also share the very creative illustrations inside. While younger kids will really enjoy the rhyming, any age can snuggle down and get lost in a few short moments of fun.
James Smoot
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean is a mischievous, yet fun little boy. He builds a time machine using "found" items and embarks on a new adventure daily ranging from dinosaurs to "teacher" robots. The author has taken a unique path with Timothy showcasing the playful and somewhat "not so innocent" side, we all possess, very refreshing and works really well. The illustrations are detailed, vivid and creative. I applaud the author William A. E. Ford and Illustrator Marcelo Simonetti.
As an author myself, I appreciate
Aditi Agarwal
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun children's picture book written as poetry. Really liked the illustrations. Recommended for both parents and children who love to read time-travel adventure books.
Kirsten Loves Books
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend Timothy Mean and the Time Machine by the lovely William AE Ford. I was lucky enough to be sent an e-copy by author William and my son enjoyed it so much not only did I want to write a review but I’ve just bought 2 paperback copies – one for the house and one for my 4 year old’s nursery!

The mischievous Timothy Mean is the main character and is a bit bored one day so he builds a time machine out of carboard and glue. He then travels in time and causes mayhem with his pranks! He
Neha Gunnoo
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend - the book was hilarious! I really loved the rhymes and the illustrations were creatively done.The dinosaur part was my favorite! I cannot wait to share this fun story with my two little nephews.
Shahnila Hassan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book.. I want to give more than 5 stars. Writer did Wonderful job.
Timothy is a character who is living in an imaginary world. Adorable kid having great fun.
All week days he traveled different places. Moreover his cuteness is much more than his traveling.
Kathy Clarke
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
William Ford creates an exciting imaginative world in Timothy Mean and the Time Machine, and the illustrations bring it alive wonderfully.
Al
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read, full of imagination, creativity and adventure. My favourite thing about the book is the illustrations. They are so detailed and engaging. The rhyming scheme was well placed, and it drew my attention to the story even more.

What a great imagination young Timothy had. I think this book will inspire kids to explore their minds and broaded their imagination. I'm not certain what exactly Timothy learned on his adventures, but I can surely say he had fun. The different time
Ivana de B.

Timothy Mean and the Time Machine is a picture book written by William A.E. Ford. It was illustrated by Marcelo Simonetti. This picture book follows a boy named Timothy Mean as he builds a time machine and uses it to travel through time.

The fact that almost everything rhymed was enjoyable, but on a few places it appeared forced and a bit confusing – especially for a child. The illustrations were not my cup of tea. They were quite dark and almost naturalist
Christine
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kudos to the illustrator of this fun new poetic adventure! The illustrations tell a story all of their own. Really each time I read Timothy Mean and the Time Machine, some new nugget pops out at me from the brilliant illustrations. The author chose to repeat a verse for each day of the week. Young readers will enjoy the repetition, and I can already hear the classroom of kids on the story time carpet joining in as the teacher reads. The toys in the illustrations come to life as the story goes th ...more
Amanda Bell
Apr 30, 2019 added it
Shelves: fantasy
1) None
2) K-2nd
3) Living in an imaginary world, Timothy takes his time machine to different times and places. Timothy travels to both the past and the present, visiting things such as dinosaurs, the moon, robots and classrooms. As Timothy travels with his time machine, he also manages to play pranks and cause trouble.
4) I like how the story of this book followed a time sequence, having the pages and events labeled with days, while also including rhyming words in each page. As a reader, we are ab
Beverly
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pbf-fantasy
A cute rhyming story about a boy who takes his time machine to different times and places to have adventures with pirates, dinosaurs, his parents' classroom, and more. But, not all the lines that are supposed to rhyme with each other actually rhyme. For example, the author uses "small" to rhyme with "school;" "better" to rhyme with "remember;" "shop" and "lot;" and more. The adventures take place one per day, beginning with Monday and ending on Sunday. On the left side of each double-page spread ...more
Attila Benő
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I love the drawings, they complement the poems very nicely. This short book can be fun if you're looking for short, funny poems for kids; and can also be fun for smaller children who will spend a little time looking at the colorful drawings.
Sarah Reigrod
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eed375
Appropriate Grade Level(s):
K-2

Original Summary:
With his excellent use of rhyming, Timothy is able to skip through time and even party with dinosaurs!

Original Review:
This book is great to read with a class because of its enticing illustrations, and repetitive rhyming.

Possible In-Class Uses:
Read aloud
Ilham Alam
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun rhyming book full of adventure. Follow along with Timothy as he travels far back in time to the Dinosaurs, to the more recent past of the Apollo 11 moon landing and far into the future when we have robots as school teachers. Timothy is a Little rascal and gets up to a lot of mischief, which is hilarious. My kids and I loved this book.
Dee ~ Proudest Nanna Of Little  Millie ~
I just read this children's story, and I was so delighted. I could just picture my grandchildren reading this book, alone or with their Mum or Dad.
The themes were so creative and clever, and the pictures were so colourful, and well thought out. I especially liked the astronaut on the moon, because it was teaching a child/children, about one of the important events in history. The rhyming also, will be especially fun for the littlies, and the expectation of the next page, will be too exciting for
Anette Johnsen
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful children's book, with great rhythm and rhymes! It takes the reader inside a child's imagination, an amazing fantasy world of a young mind! The illustrations are detailed, colorful and funny. This is really the ultimate bedtime story for princes and princesses!
« previous 1 3 next »
William has always had a passion for books, writing and story-telling. William’s favourite way to end a cosy evening is to spend time dreaming up and reading bed-time stories to his five wonderful children.

Just one of his many stories, ‘Timothy Mean and the Time Machine’ was inspired by the spark of his children’s colourful imaginations as they tirelessly created unique, laughter filled days from