Start by marking “Timothy Mean and the Time Machine” as Want to Read:
Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

*2019 READERS FAVORITE BEST SCI-Fi \ FANTASY CHILDREN'S BOOK AWARD*

With Timothy Mean’s amazing imagination and time machine, anything and anywhere is possible!

Join Timothy on a magical rhyming adventure as he skips through time and pranks with pirates, gets daring with dragons, and even teases a T-Rex!

“It’s Monday. Hip hip hooray! Where shall we travel in time today?

With
Paperback, 1, 24 pages
Published January 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Timothy Mean and the Time Machine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Timothy Mean and the Time Machine

Start your review of Timothy Mean and the Time Machine
Jane
A big thanks to the author for providing me with a review copy of Timothy Mean and the Time Machine. It is clearly a labour of love, and I can imagine the author telling this story to his children night after night until it came into its present form.

In this book, we follow an imaginative little boy who uses his time machine to visit various points in the past and future. Each two-page spread starts with a repeating rhyme that announces the day of the week, then the other page has a longer rhyme
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
I received a physical copy from the author, in exchange for a honest review!

This was such a fun childrens picture book, following main character Timothy Mean as he builds a time machine and every day, he ventures into a different time period such as 1969 (first man on the moon) and the Viking era. The story was easy to follow, text clear to read and I loved the illustrations. I will be passing on my copy to my second cousin who is 2 and would really enjoy a fun, quick and educational read! Plus,
Tracy Shephard
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean and the Time Machineis everything a children's book should be.It is bright, beautifully illustrated and lots of fun.

A week in the life of Timothy Mean, it is a story told in rhyme. Every day Timothy goes on a wonderful adventure, using a Time Machine he built with boxes and glue in his basement.

Dragons, Vikings, Pirates and free ice-cream , even Robots make an appearance. Timothy's wonderful imagination works up a storm.

The accompanying pictures are amazing and really capture
Juli
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean is bored. He's imaginative and wants to find something to do. So, he finds a cardboard box, some glue and crafting supplies and builds a time machine. Every day of the week he uses his time machine to zoom off to a fun place in history. From pulling dinosaur tails to playing pranks on astronauts, there is nothing Timothy Mean can't do with a vivid imagination!

This is such a cute book for young kids! The rhyming story of Timothy Mean and the colorful, fun illustrations would make
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank William A.E. Ford for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

Timothy Mean and the Time Machine by William A.E. Ford was a very creative, adventure fun filled, and sometimes even comical read. Many children and us big kids at heart would really get a kick out of all the places Timothy goes in his time machine.

Marcelo Simonetti blew me away with his incredible illustrations and graphics in this book. Each picture was so incredibly detailed and lifelike.
Nen & Jen
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, arc
This was such a fun and whimsical read! I’ve been wanting to try MG for a while now and as my first foray in to the genre, this book did not disappoint. Ford’s lyrical narrative features adventure, time travel and historical events that captured my attention and had me wishing I could time travel too! What really made this an exceptional read were the graphics. They would fit right in with a Pixar movie and quite frankly, I would adore watching this!

Pros:
This story was so adorable! It was full
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Full review post (available from May 22nd, 2019): http://swiftcoffee.blog/2019/05/22/ti...

To be honest, I'm not very fond of this cover, but the illustration inside was way better! That was actually stunning. It was almost even better than the story/verse.

Talking about the story: it's a fun and dynamic story about a mischievous little boy who's got a huge fantasy and his hobby is traveling through times. I have to admit I was not totally convinced by this time travel thing: there were very
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this to my two pre-school girls, I was interested to see what they thought about this book. This was a unique experience for them, seeing as it was their first book they have read "on screen". However, they appeared to enjoy the experience and see the adventures of Timothy Mean.

There are many things that I look for in books that I read to my children. I do like a book with a good rhyme scheme and Ford has got it right in this picture book. However, what would have been better was if the
Shalini
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was certainly a display of author's imagination as he plotted his main character Timothy right in the middle of things.

Bored of the same sword, Timothy used his brain to build a time machine. And lo and behold, on each day of the week, he flew to a different land. I loved the way he traveled to varied lands of the dinosaurs, then to the moon, into the future where there were robots, and into the past when his parents were kids. Some of the artwork looked quite attractive.

Then came my
Books R&B
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
his children book truly has a very catchy story telling approach that will keep kids jonesing on. This is a perfect bedtime book to any kid below the age of 8 which is not only entertaining but also boosts the kids imaginations. The whole writing is so cute that I read it a couple more times just for the fun of it and I'm 24! The pictures are visually appealing and but I felt that it was slightly advanced for a children's book. However, it is very relevant and to the point.

Timothy Mean is not at
Ashley Uzzell
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story about a naughty boy who builds his own time machine. Timothy Mean travels back and forth in time, playing pranks. The illustrations were cute with humorous details. The rhyming made the story more enjoyable for my kids. A great read for young ones!
Divya Mahajan
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book wanted me to be a kid again so that I could own it and show it to all my friends. Timothy Mean is a mischievous kid with a lot of imagination Young kids would love to be read to and the illustrations are just too good. I am sure kids of all ages including those kids only at heart like me would love this book. The rhyming lines add a nice touch that ring a nice tone when read aloud. The robot teachers, the flying cars, dinosaurs, parents as kids what a varied story and mischief of ...more
Gayle
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A rhyming adventure with Timothy Mean as he whizzes through time in his home made machine. The book flows really well for a read aloud story. My children were quickly joining in and shouting out ‘Nobody knows!’

Over the course of a week Timothy travels from the dinosaurs to the future and meets some pirates along the way. Be prepared to read this over and over!
Melissa Espenschied
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emily (moonlight&moths)
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-the-stars
This was such a delightful book! As a kid my mother would have a sighed a little when I asked her to read this book because Timothy Mean can be a little troublesome, but that's just what makes this book so fun. Adults get worried about kids getting into trouble but as a kid it just feels like a big adventure.

Timothy's adventures were just the right amount of fun and educational, giving kids pictures of things from history but also encouraging them to think outside the box and be creative. The
Shane Moore
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great art full of charming detailed and imaginative imagery! Perfectly understandable for a 3 year old, and appealing enough that he wanted me to read it again right away. The places visited by Timothy's time machine are great and varied. I took the opportunity to have a conversation with my son about how Timothy's behavior is not nice in most of the situations. He steals from the pirates, teases animals, and is generally naughty in mild ways. My son and I talked about how it is fine to pretend ...more
Jessica Adams
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I liked this book. The rhyming did not always work so well, so reading aloud was a little difficult. It is a fun imaginative story of a boy's journey through time. He isn't always so nice on the journey, like pulling down Neil Armstrong's pants when he landed on the moon. Kids will probably think that is hilarious.
Overall we liked the story. We recommend the book for kids around ages 4-8.
We received a free PDF of this book and we are voluntarily sharing our review.
Jessica D.
Sarahi Flores
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven’t reviewed any children’s books since the beginning of the year but when the author of this book asked me if I can review it, I decided to get some help, from no other than my kids. We read Timothy Mean before bedtime and they were thrilled to have read this story. The wording was made into a rhyming theme and it was easy for my boys to understand it.

The illustrations were spot on. Bold colors and thrilling pictures of each adventure. I think my boys were mesmerized with the pictures
Cassandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

Super cute mini adventures for young readers. I really enjoy that you can read this either one page a day of the week or all at once and it makes a great sleepy time book. I like that you can read this outloud but also share the very creative illustrations inside. While younger kids will really enjoy the rhyming, any age can snuggle down and get lost in a few short moments of fun.
James Smoot
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean is a mischievous, yet fun little boy. He builds a time machine using "found" items and embarks on a new adventure daily ranging from dinosaurs to "teacher" robots. The author has taken a unique path with Timothy showcasing the playful and somewhat "not so innocent" side, we all possess, very refreshing and works really well. The illustrations are detailed, vivid and creative. I applaud the author William A. E. Ford and Illustrator Marcelo Simonetti.
As an author myself, I appreciate
(kidsstoryworld.com) Kirsten  Allen
I highly recommend Timothy Mean and the Time Machine by the lovely William AE Ford. I was lucky enough to be sent an e-copy by author William and my son enjoyed it so much not only did I want to write a review but I’ve just bought 2 paperback copies – one for the house and one for my 4 year old’s nursery!

The mischievous Timothy Mean is the main character and is a bit bored one day so he builds a time machine out of carboard and glue. He then travels in time and causes mayhem with his pranks! He
Lel Budge
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy is a bit of a rascal, he’s bored so in his imagination he builds a time machine and has a marvellous adventure every day of the week.

This is a simple rhyming story with an easy cadence and children will love its humour and the pranks he pulls.

I’ve seen some reviews that feel there should be repercussions for Timothy’s behaviour and Yes they could be seen as naughty but his name is Timothy MEAN….so children will be able to make the link…..or the adult could ! And have a chat after the
Aditi Agarwal
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun children's picture book written as poetry. Really liked the illustrations. Recommended for both parents and children who love to read time-travel adventure books.
Harker
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Timothy has a big imagination and a week of time to travel it! With his time machine he'll go everywhere, from the time of the dinosaurs to the far future with flying cars and robots. Travel with him on his journey as he takes a look at different locales in his trusty Time Machine.

Thank you to William Ford for providing me with a copy of his book for review.

What I Enjoyed

Timothy was a curious, inventive child that built his time machine out of scrap parts in his basement. His crafting skills
Shahnila Hassan
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book.. I want to give more than 5 stars. Writer did Wonderful job.
Timothy is a character who is living in an imaginary world. Adorable kid having great fun.
All week days he traveled different places. Moreover his cuteness is much more than his traveling.
Neha Gunnoo
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend - the book was hilarious! I really loved the rhymes and the illustrations were creatively done.The dinosaur part was my favorite! I cannot wait to share this fun story with my two little nephews.
Kathy Clarke
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
William Ford creates an exciting imaginative world in Timothy Mean and the Time Machine, and the illustrations bring it alive wonderfully.
MJBurroughs
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timothy Mean and the Time Machine by William A.E. Ford, featuring illustrations by Marcel Simonetti tells the story of young Timothy Mean who, while tinkering in his family basement, is able to miraculously create a time machine using nothing but old boxes and childlike ingenuity. Powered by either childhood whimsy, or perhaps the personification of pure evil, little Timothy travels back to landmarks in earth’s timeline from prehistoric to futuristic...and is a complete rapscallion at every ...more
Jo Shaw
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
When the author contacted me to read and review his wonderful book I was intrigued by the concept. My own children are 24 and 25 and at the moment are some way from providing me with grandchildren. However my niece has a three year old firecracker of a daughter and I fully intend on purchasing a copy of this book for her, given that I have firmly become the Great Aunt who always buys her books!

The concept of a rhyming book works perfectly in this situation. Children enjoy rhyming books, and the
Al
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read, full of imagination, creativity and adventure. My favourite thing about the book is the illustrations. They are so detailed and engaging. The rhyming scheme was well placed, and it drew my attention to the story even more.

What a great imagination young Timothy had. I think this book will inspire kids to explore their minds and broaded their imagination. I'm not certain what exactly Timothy learned on his adventures, but I can surely say he had fun. The different time
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Brandon Goes to Beijing (Bĕijīng北京)
  • F is for Fall: An ABC Club Book (ABC Club Books 1)
  • Latoya's Downtown Day
  • Mighty Coconuts (Miss Tree Tales, #1)
  • Incredible Cacao: A Chocolate Story (Miss Tree Tales Book 2)
  • Let's Celebrate 5 Days of Diwali! (Maya & Neel's India Adventure Series, Book 1)
  • Cassie's Marvelous Music Lessons
  • The Magical Garden
  • Let's Celebrate Ganesha's Birthday! (Maya & Neel's India Adventure Series, Book 11)
  • Leonardo the Lion: A Leap of Faith
  • UNA BO: THE MAGIC TREE OF LIFE
  • Leonardo the Lion: A Hard Nut to Crack
  • Fight for the Blue Planet
  • Arial, the Chef (UnicornPreneur Book 5)
  • What Will You Write On My Wall Today? (The Write On Super League Book 1)
  • The Littlest Puppy
  • The Adventures of Little Miss Crazy Hair: The Girl with Curl
  • Where Has My Meow Gone?
William has always had a passion for books, writing and story-telling. William’s favourite way to end a cosy evening is to spend time dreaming up and reading bed-time stories to his five wonderful children.

Just one of his many stories, ‘Timothy Mean and the Time Machine’ was inspired by the spark of his children’s colourful imaginations as they tirelessly created unique, laughter filled days from