Start by marking “Paint the Stars (Free Fall #3)” as Want to Read:
Paint the Stars (Free Fall #3)

Paint the Stars

(Free Fall #3)

Ezra Greene has made a pretty decent life for himself. He has a nice apartment and spends his days doing the one thing he’s always loved—creating art. Despite being somewhat of a grumpy recluse, he’s even made a few loyal friends. When he takes a side job painting a mural at a local holistic center, he can’t help being curious about a certain friendly and self-assured yoga ...more
Audible Audio, Unabridged (6 hrs 55 min), 7 pages
Published March 6th 2018 by Audible Studios (first published February 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Paint the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paint the Stars

Judith
4 Stars.

I haven't read the previous books in this series but that definitely didn't spoil my enjoyment of this so I would say it can be a standalone.

Ezra is an Artist,currently working on a mural at the Mind Body Holistic and Wellness Centre in Santa Monica.This is where he meets Dae who does Yoga classes at the centre.

These two couldn't be more different in terms of their personalities and their family background.
Ezra grew up in a highly religious Catholic family.His parents have never really f
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

This is a beautiful friends-to-lovers story, told in an alternating first-person POV, about two very different men quietly falling in love.

Ezra, the son of devout Catholics, is the brooding artist; he's introverted and happiest at home with his paints and weed. He's also demi-sexual, so an emotional connection is integral to him feeling sexual attraction.

Daevonte, or Dae for short, is a student and yoga instructor; a few years younger than Ezra, Dae loves being around people and prefers
Christina
Dec 17, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
***JUST FYI: All three books in the FREE FALL SERIES are currently enrolled in KU. Nyrae Dawn (AKA Riley Hart) and I will be releasing a spinoff romance between Ben (Ezra's ex in Paint the Stars) and Xavier (from Nyrae's A HUNDRED THOUSAND WORDS) soon. Stay tuned for more info.

If you were curious about Ezra from the earlier books (Touch the Sky and Chase the Sun), Mr. Grumpy Painter Boy gets his own HEA. ;-)
Shile
3.5 for the Audiobook and the story

I usually have a problem with 2 narrators, atleast in this they tried, but i still felt disconnected. Ezra's voice was almost a whisper, i kept adjusting the volume. Dae was somehow ok.

Overall the story was ok but it did not wow me. This series has been a miss for me,i barely remember the story from the previous books. I am sure if you ask me 3 days from now what this book was about, my answer will be: "I have no idea."

If you want some fluff with a little bit
Ele
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy I didn't give up on this. I struggled a lot with the first 30% of the book, but the rest of it was pretty amazing.
.Lili.

Paint the Stars by Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn is the third installment of the Free Fall Series. *shouts* WE FINALLY GOT EZRA'S BOOK!

I've been waiting for his story since Touch the Sky. Ezra was the quiet, intense roommate. He kept to himself and would lose himself in his art. Art was his solace. In this book, he has a job painting murals at a holistic center, and it's while working on his paintings that he meets Daevonte. Daevonte who is fun, fearless, and outgoing. What began as a simple frie
Elsa Bravante
En principio el que menos me atraía de la serie, y al final el que más me ha gustado.

Ezra y Dae hacen una pareja absolutamente adorable, su historia es slow burn, en gran medida al ser Ezra demisexual y necesitar primero establecer un vínculo afectivo con Dae. Todo se desarrolla de una forma dulce y creíble, sin caer en tanto simplismos como en los libros anteriores. Quizás hay temas que se podrían haber tratado con más profundidad como la influencia de la religión o las familias, pero creo que
Dani
I FREAKING ADORED THIS BOOK.

It was great, y'all! I actually didn't expect it. I can even say that the writing improves enormously with this last installment and FYI you can read this as standalone if you want to, I think it won't spoil the story.

Ezra appears from book one, he was Gabe's stiff roommate and then Connor's. He considers himself demisexual, he's an artist, he has trouble opening up to people but that hasn't stopped him from having a great group of friend that he definitely finds ann
River
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
This book is beautiful and I love it and I want more.

I wanted Ezra's story since book 1 and I thought his book was going to be 2 actually, not that I'm complaining, book 2 was good and the wait was totally worth it.

Ezra is an artist, he has a pretty descent life, he gets money for his paintings, he has friends, he lives in a nice apartment so he doesn't feel like anyting is missing from his life, least of all, love.
He loved in the past and that cut him deep, now he doesn't have the time for r
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

A sedate, slow burn with a hard earned happy ending.

The blurb really does say it all.

Ezra identifies as demisexual, and on top of a painful relationship past, it takes a lot to overcome his self imposed exile in the majority of social situations. Trust for him is very hard to come by and those not willing to take it slow are quickly dismissed. However, there’s something about the friendly Daevonte, who doesn’t push too much but doesn’t back off easily either, all of which makes Ezra wan
Nyrae Dawn
Jun 03, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
It meant a lot to me to write this book. I connected with Daevonte before the first word was written. As authors I think we often times put a little of ourselves, our lives or people we know into our books. Dae has a lot of personal ties to me and it meant a lot to twine them into his book. And of course he finds his perfect match in Ezra who is brooding and oh so sexy. Dae and Ezra own my heart.
Claude
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very beautiful book between a very very very shy Ezra and the beautiful yoga teacher Dae.
When i started this book, i was eager to see Ezra let go...just see him not so stressed and happy. That happened (at Ezra's level ^^) but that was not the most incredible in this book. The part i really loved was see Dae growing up! He wasn't my favorite in the beginning (Ezra <3) but in the end i really loved him. At just 21 with just one-nights stand at his count, he wasn't prepared for a REAL relati
Meags
4 Stars

This was another beautifully poignant addition to Lee and Dawn’s Free Fall series.

In this third installment, we finally get Ezra’s story. Previously introduced as the brooding and enigmatic painter and roommate to Gabriel (see: Touch the Sky), and then later Connor (see: Chase the Sun), Ezra has been an intriguing mystery up until this point.

An introvert by nature, Ezra likes to keep to himself. He avoids personal relationships as much as humanly possible, especially sexual relationships
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
5 + Stars

Throughout the first two books in this series, we've gotten glimpses of Ezra, but he has largely remained a mystery. A mystery I couldn't wait to solve. I loved watching as his layers slowly peeled away to show us this shy and insecure young man who has been hurt in the past. Once he finally breaks free of that protective outer shell, he has so much to offer. So much personality, sweetness and love. Dae was an amazing character. He's never found anyone that's made him want what his par
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

This was my favorite book in this series - I read the fourth book first, so this is the last in the series I'm reading in order to read them all - and Ezra and Daevonte were my favorite couple in this series. I enjoyed the others a lot, but I simply loved these two together. They had great chemistry from the start and their scenes were wonderfully romantic, with amazing build up.

I enjoyed getting to know Ezra more in this book, because in the first two he's pretty stoic and grumpy and
Jay
3.5 stars – I have been reading M/M romances for a little over a year now, and Nyrae Dawn (Riley Hart) and Christina Lee are individually the two authors I’ve read the most books by. Since they wrote two previous collaborative works that I enjoyed (Touch the Sky, in fact, was one of my top-ten books of 2016), I was definitely looking forward to Paint the Stars. I loved the characters and the story found here, but while everything worked out the way it should have, the ending came across as too r ...more
Tammy
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazing-books
Wow the last 10% I just smiled like a lunatic!! I was so impressed with Ezra throughout the book and coming out of his shell even with Ben in the picture with all that happened I feel he handled things as well as can be expected. Dae on the other hand had the patience of of a saint or a man who knew what he wanted. ☺ The middle of the book was a little slow going for me but it picked up where I couldn’t wait to see where things were going. I love the that the other couples in this series were in ...more
Mike Oaks
By the Numbers

Fairly light read with a HEA. The drama isn’t too angsts. The story felt a bit formula for me. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed turning the pages. Think of it as a pallet cleanser between heavy books. 3.0 for friends first.
David Alexander
4.5 Stars
The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears
"Daevonte"???? Really???

It seems the only way readers are going to accept an Afro-Latino yoga instructor is to name him something identifiably ethnic. It's perfectly fine to name an Afro-Latino hero something like "Rick" or "Alex" or "Gabe".

I really need to teach a class on how to not name fail ethnic characters.
Melissa | Slow Readers Blog
Originally posted on Slow Reader's Blog

I love the way this series is maturing. Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn have really found their groove as they bring us stories that have a distinct vibe. I love their approach to writing varied characters and topics and Paint the Stars is a great addition to the series.

Ever since Ezra was introduced in book one I've been dying to for him to get his own HEA. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've read a story with a character on the ace spectrum and I'

Kim
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars, 4-5-stars

Fans of this series know Ezra--the previous room mate of Gabriel and then Conner. He's the quiet, broody, controlled artist who keeps to himself and shows his passion with his paints. He doesn't do hook ups or relationships, and he does no put himself out there. His sexuality is something that has been an issue for him, and his past has made him wary of trusting people, but he has his core group of friends that know more about him than anyone else does.

Daevonte is a younger college stud
Vallie
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, spicy-hot
Wow! This completely blindsided me. I absolutely loved Ezra and Dae. The authors did a fantastic job depicting a demisexual character in a way that seemed genuine. The relationship between the characters was the best kind of slow burn and it evolved into intimate scenes full of emotion and passion.

Recommend!
Sue bowdley
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: male-male, perfect
Can I give this one ten stars....I've loved this series and I really thought I'd found my fav in Gabriel...but....turns out my favourite is Ezra.....Oh damn he is so sexy..so sweet...so shy and boy does he make Dae work hard....A friendship which turns to love......I'm glad Dae understood Ezra.....Ezra's family ...yeah they weren't the best but damn they tried I guess later on....Dae was just adorable and my heart went out to him when Ezra's ex made an appearance....I was holding my breath beggi ...more
Dawn
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
This by far was my favorite in the series. Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn knocked it out of the park. The slow build of intimacy between Ezra and Dae mesmerized me. Ezra was very introverted from a broken heart caused by a past love. Cautiously he lived his life, isolating himself and keeping his heart locked up, until Dae showed up. With his out going, flirty personality he slowly pulled Ezra out of his shell. Starting with a friendship that built to so much more.
This book had such sensuality, t
Zane Kage
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5
I have been waiting for Ezra's book since Touch the Sky, and I was not disappointed. Ezra and Dae are sweet and funny and I just totally fell in love with them. And their kisses!! I've been saying it everywhere - their kisses are going to be the death of me. Sweet and sexy, I kept rereading those scenes!!! This series is so close to my heart; I love all three books with a passion and highly recommend. Crossing my fingers that this is not the end of it - I'm thinking maybe a certain someone named ...more
Mercedes
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The more I think about this book, the more I realize this is my favorite story in this series. I didn't think I would like Ezra's story but it turned out to be really good.
Joana
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It comes as no surprise, I adored this book.

I love Dae but I'm absolutely in love with Ezra.

There's a lot about Ezra that hit too close to my own feelings. I can relate with I'm so much, specially when it comes to being quiet and so antisocial. Like Ezra, I'd rather be at home chilling and watching some Netflix, reading a book and just enjoying the quiet, than going out and being around people.

Like him, I do go out but it drains me fast. Also trust issues and other stuff.

Reading about Ezra r
Natalie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweetly romantic

I enjoy the books this author duo puts out, some appealing more than others but always interesting. Dae and Ezra were an interesting couple, with Ezra a demisexual. It made for a slow burn and the UST wasn’t overwhelming but it was pretty hot when they got together. Not too much drama or angst to distract. Enjoyable.
  • Antisocial
  • Idlewild
  • Finding Your Feet (Toronto Connections, #2)
  • Moment of Impact (Moments In Time, #1)
  • Sex Ed
  • Candy Man (Candy Man #1)
  • A Hundred Thousand Words
  • Knights Out (City Knight #4)
  • Married for a Month
  • Beta Test (#gaymers, #2)
  • HeartOn (Full Hearts, #2)
  • Sated (Fit Trilogy, #3)
  • Gays of Our Lives (Queers of La Vista, #1)
  • Daily Grind (Takeover, #4)
  • Going Sasquatch (Finnegan & Morrow #1)
  • The Glasshouse (Lavender Shores #6)
  • Play On (Glasgow Lads, #0.5)
  • My Fair Dork (Men of Holsum College, #8)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Free Fall (4 books)
  • Touch the Sky (Free Fall #1)
  • Chase the Sun (Free Fall #2)
  • Living Out Loud (Free Fall #4)
“Can you feel that? Feel how fast my heart is beating? That’s how crazy I get every time I think about you.” 0 likes
“Auntie! Uncle! Dae-Dae brought a white boy home!” 0 likes