Start by marking “Yes No Maybe So” as Want to Read:
Yes No Maybe So

Yes No Maybe So

New York Times bestselling authors Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed have crafted a resonant, funny, and memorable story about the power of love and resistance.

Jamie Goldberg is cool with volunteering for his local state senate candidate—as long as he’s behind the scenes. When it comes to speaking to strangers (or, let’s face it, speaking at all to almost anyone),
Published February 4th 2020 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Yes No Maybe So, please sign up.
Sasha There's nothing more than kissing and it's not very explicit :)

Start your review of Yes No Maybe So
Chaima ✨ شيماء
Who needs extreme sports when news of new book releases by my favorite authors give me more adrenaline than I will ever need for the rest of my life???
Warda
Oct 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
There's part of me that is gagging for this book and another part of me that is questioning how the faith aspect is going to be handled. I'm tired of it being inauthentic, wishy-washy and westernised, just so that it suits the audience. Just so that Muslims are perceived as normal.
Keeping my fingers crossed all the same.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
4.5 stars. Read this entire book during my red-eye to Philly bc I could NOT put it down. This was so, so good and I am so happy to have finally loved a book from Becky Albertalli again! I also especially loved the chapters written by Aisha Saeed and I DEF need to read more books from her immediately. This was honestly just great.
sarah xoxo
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2020-read
I thought going in that this would be a sweet, summery romance with a little bit of political discourse sprinkled in. It was, but it was also relevant, engaging and realistic. The romance took a back seat to the friendship and political aspects, which I loved. It had something for everyone, from relatable characters, to diversity in terms of race and religion to fighting for what you believe in.

I love how this book put our characters into situations that forced them to grow and re-evaluate
may ➹
Apr 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I live my life by simple rules: I see Becky Albertalli? I read it

update: I LOVE THIS COVER
Larry H
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Becky Albertalli's latest collaboration, Yes No Maybe So (this time with Aisha Saeed), is a lighthearted love story which deals with weighty issues, yet it is endearing and sweet.

"Some people are meant to change history. And some people are meant to change out of their vomity interview clothes."

Jamie Goldberg has political aspirations but knows he’ll never achieve them since he doesn’t do well under pressure. That’s not an understatement—he once referred to Jimmy Carter as a “penis
Christy

I was so looking forward to this one and when I saw it was listed as the YA BOTM pick, I ordered it right away and read it immediately. I liked it. It was a fast paced, addicting read, and I loved both of the main characters. The romance aspect, though not the forefront, was great and I enjoyed the writing. I did struggle to connect with a lot of the story and it was soooooo heavy on the politics, which while I agree is an important topic, I didn't want to read 400+ pages about it. I
beth ✨
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: releases-2020
we have a title and description about this book and i’m even more excited now!!

———

there’s literally no title, description or cover but it’s already one of my favourite books.
Tucker

yes no m
yes n
ye
y

this is the most beautiful title i have ever witnessed in my entire existence
April (Aprilius Maximus)
“We might give it our all and crash and burn. But we might win. We might actually change things. And that maybe makes it still worth going for, don't you think?”

representation: Pakistani-American Muslim MC (I believe this is own voices?), Jewish MC (own voices), m/m side relationship, queer side characters.

[trigger warnings are listed at the bottom of this review and may contain spoilers]

・゚: *・゚:* 3 . 5 s t a r s *:・゚*:・゚

I so desperately wanted to love this because I love Becky Albertalli and
Cassie
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss-arcs
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

This book was very good and I enjoyed it immensely. I thought it was just going to be this cute rom com type of story, and sure, it was. But, it was so much more than that. It honestly took me by surprise with how relevant it was, with religion, politics, even what people will do to go viral on the internet.

I’m a white cis woman, so perhaps take this review with a grain of salt, but I felt like the religion was handled in a respectful way and I appreciated that a lot.
rachel ☾

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Ivy
Feb 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: coming-soon-20
This book sounds great, and really cute! Becky is good at collaborating with other authors, so I’m sure she’ll be fantastic, and while I don’t know much about the other author she seems cool. So yeah. This’ll be good.
The Nerd Daily
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Mimi Koehler

Listen, I hate the current political climate as much as the next guy, but I can’t deny that I love the stories that are being published because of it. Never have authors been more politically active and never have young adult stories made me want to pick up a sign and protest to save the world more than they have in the last few years. Yes, No, Maybe So is a story that gives you back a voice you might feel like you have lost—or never
Parker Jensen
Jan 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
I don't know anything about this but I want it....now
Dahlia
I just...cannot say enough good things about this book. Come for the romance and wonderful Jewish and Muslim rep, stay to feel completely inspired about politics and an individual's ability to make a difference, whether or not they're of voting age. (And I particularly admire the respect this book pays to teens and the sensitivity to how difficult it is to be pre-voting age and feeling helpless in that regard.) There are so many decisions in this book I just loved, especially the ending, and I ...more
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
This wasn't bad by any means, and I enjoyed the characters and the romance for the most part, but my biggest gripe was that each family kinda annoyed me. Not enough to bring the story down, but enough to frustrate me and make the reading experience a more forgettable one. I really loved how Jamie and Maya really grew into themselves over the course of the story. We see their convictions, fears, and hopes all explored while they're canvassing for an upcoming special election. So overall, a good ...more
Jenny Baker
I loved the political activism story, especially as a YA novel, but the romance part got on my nerves. I typically like socially awkward characters and seeing them deal with their issues, but I couldn’t empathize with Jamie. I wanted him to get over himself. Also, the narration made this novel a little boring. Overall, it’s not as bad as The Upside of Unrequited, but not as good as the rest of Albertalli’s novels.
Emma
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it

3.5/5 Stars

I'm so happy for the recent recurring themes that a lot of young adult books seem to want to explore recently: politcs and elections. I didn't know it was something I needed to read so badly, but apparently I did and I'm glad I got the opportunity to do so.

This book focuses on Maya and Jamie and how the two of them spend the Summer canvassing for their local state senate candidate. I
mindful.librarian ☀️
(free review copy) as a very liberal, almost-40 school librarian I adored this book! It is a hard-core political message book (with sweet romance thrown in) and it’s a message I very much appreciated ~ just a heads up that it’s definitely a rally cry for liberal ideals......if those aren’t your personal ideals going into it, please keep an open mind political activism + love and peace and human decency and religious and gender/romantic freedoms for all are perfectly awesome messages to be ...more
kayla ☕
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
take ALL of my money. there is no title, cover, or description but i can already tell you it's going to be my favorite ...more
Bookphenomena (Micky)

This is a gift of a contemporary book that bravely tackles the political climate we live in. On top of this, YES NO MAYBE SO is loaded with cuteness. In this way, it balances the serious themes with some lightness very well.

YES NO MAYBE SO had two quirky and endearing characters in Jamie a Jewish teen and Maya a Muslim teen. They were childhood friends but they hadn’t seen one another for a long time. Suddenly, they were coerced into canvasing for a political leader’s election together.
Anniek
I was sent an eARC of this book through Netgalley, in exchange for my honest review.

This was one of my favourite releases of the year, and it's safe to say I really enjoyed it. But at the same time, it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I really think Becky Albertalli is at her best when she writes a character closer to her own experience. Sure, Simon Vs made a huge impact, but to me, The Upside of Unrequited is a lot better, not in the least because it
Brooke
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
i'm gonna go with yes
Swetlana (The Caffeinated Bookworm Life)
It's Becky Albertalli. Of course, I'm at the very least interested in this book but then I read the synopsis and now with the cover? I'm sold! Is it February 2020 yet?!
bookellenic
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Instagram | Twitter

2.5 stars.
Ι usually go into books knowing very little (a strategy a may have to rethink), so for this book my knowledge was: Becky Albertalli has co-authored it, ergo I want to read it.

The introductory note by the authors made something very clear: Politics would be a most prevalent theme in this young adult contemporary novel whilst giving the reader a fun coming-of-age story. And I have to admit, I haven't seen such a bold move in YA, so I was keen on reading on.

Yes No Maybe
✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile
4.5/5 stars

*** E-arc kindly sent by Netgalley and Simon & Schuster Australia in exchange for an honest review***

First off this is the first e-arc I have ever gotten and I’m so very thankful to have read this early. And I have to say that I loved this story; the commentaries, the messages, the family dynamics, friendships and the friends-to-lover romance (that DIDN’T take up the entire plot).

Yes No Maybe So is a story of religion, family, relationships and finding your footing in a world
Vee
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5/5 stars
Maria
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of S.K. Ali, Sandhya Menon, Becky Albertalli, Aisha Saeed
This book!!!

Okay gimme a second to recollect my memory of ever reading a book as cute and adorable as this one. It is like the authors found an ocean of cuteness and poured it all on this book.

Every damn chapter was so freaking cuteeeeee!!!

And it never felt cloyingly cute at all!!

Gosh, my review will be mostly incoherent fangirling but I don't care. This book should and must be fangirled over and I love it so so much!! I can't wait till February 2020 anymore!!

So first of all, I was so moved by
Amanda
Loved this! Fun, sweet, clever, positive, hopeful.

• Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Don't Read the Comments
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Gravity of Us
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • Not So Pure and Simple
  • Lucky Caller
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Just Breathe
  • 19 Love Songs
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Dark and Deepest Red
  • Every Other Weekend
  • The Liars of Mariposa Island
  • Darius the Great Is Not Okay (Darius The Great, #1)
Becky Albertalli is the author of the acclaimed novels Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (film: Love, Simon), The Upside of Unrequited, and Leah on the Offbeat. She is also the co-author of What If It's Us with Adam Silvera. A former clinical psychologist who specialized in working with children and teens, Becky lives with her family in Atlanta. You can visit her online at www.beckyalbertalli.com. ...more
“I peer around the room—which is so packed with earnest-looking college kids, you’d think this was an Apple Store.” 2 likes