Start by marking “All the Ways We Said Goodbye” as Want to Read:
All the Ways We Said Goodbye

All the Ways We Said Goodbye

The New York Times bestselling authors of The Glass Ocean and The Forgotten Room return with a glorious historical adventure that moves from the dark days of two World Wars to the turbulent years of the 1960s, in which three women with bruised hearts find refuge at Paris’ legendary Ritz hotel.

The heiress . . .
The Resistance fighter . . .
The widow . . .
Three women whose
Published January 14th 2020 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about All the Ways We Said Goodbye, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Candace
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of All the Ways We Said Goodbye
Paige
I would describe this as primarily a mystery of family lineage with the thrill of untangling the relationships of the characters in the past set over three different time periods. Secondly, I describe this as a romance. Each of the main characters has their own romantic relationship that is flourishing.

Summary: In 1914, heiress Aurelie seeks to restructure her future while war breaks out. In 1942, Daisy joins the resistance though her husband works for the Nazi's. In 1964, shortly after her
Laura • lauralovestoread
All the Ways We Said Goodbye was so good! It was written by not one, but three fantastic authors. This story takes three POVs, by three women in three different timelines, with the Ritz Hotel in Paris at the center of each of their stories.

This was such a beautiful story, and it captivated me right away. A beautiful story woven through the timelines of WWI 1914, WWII 1942, and post-war 1960s. I just loved this book so much, and recommend it to historical fiction lovers, and those looking to give
Katie B

I've been wanting to check out a book by this trio of authors for awhile now because I have enjoyed some of the solo efforts of writers Beatriz Williams and Karen White. I'm not sure how they broke down the writing duties for this one but I was really impressed how it felt like a cohesive story and not three different styles of writing. This might not make my list of top historical fiction reads but it certainly was a good story and I definitely recommend giving this one a look if you
Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews
Three women, three different time periods, three different situations, but they all find the Ritz of Paris to be their comfort zone.

We meet Aurelie in 1914 who lived at the Ritz with her mother. She needed to get away and had the perfect excuse. She drove her fiancée to the front, and on her way back, her car was shot up. She thankfully was near her father’s estate and walked there to only find she would be stuck there because the Nazis had arrived and had taken over the estate.

We meet Daisy in
Karren  Sandercock
All The Ways We Said Goodbye is a story about three strong women and all had a unique connection to the famous French hotel. The three women had lived or stayed at the Ritz, Aurelie Courcelles is a French heriess, Marguerite (Daisy ) Villon is a French resistance fighter and Babs Langford is a English widow.

France 1914, Aurelie is staying at the Ritz with her mother, she makes a rash decision to leave Paris and to drive her fiance to the front. The Germans are advancing towards capital, all men
ABookwormWithWine
/ 5

I am thoroughly impressed with All the Ways We Said Goodbye by Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig and Karen White. I mostly listened to it on audio and I loved the three narrators; I thought they each did an excellent job of reading their characters.

If you gravitate towards historical fiction novel with strong female leads then look no further, All the Ways We Said Goodbye has that and more. It was such an intricate plot that spans three different characters and three different time periods. I
MicheleReader
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 rating rounded up

All The Ways We Said Goodbye is another gem by the writing team of Willig, Williams, and White. Each strong writer tells the tale of one of the three female characters set in: 1914, 1942, 1964. As this writing team has done in two earlier works, the joint effort works seamlessly and effectively. While two of the three timelines take place during World Wars, the focus is on the strong women who are trying to survive versus the detailed horrors of war that we normally find in
Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict)
It's 1914 in Paris and Aurelie leaves her plush surroundings at the Ritz to head to her father's estate. Once she gets to her father's very old, yet still impressive castle, it doesn't take long for the Germans to come and declare this location as their newest headquarters. This is obviously a tough pill to swallow, but she recognizes one of the German soldiers as Max Von Sternburg. Aurelie knows Max from a very different time in Paris where she was a debutante and their worries were few and far ...more
The Nerd Daily
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Marla Warren

Almost immediately after closing this book, I already missed these characters. Williams, Willig, and White (also known as “Team W”) have crafted a gorgeous tale about the interwoven lives of three truly formidable women, in three different timelines, but all tied together through the illustrious Paris Ritz Hotel.

Aurelie is living with her American born mother at the Paris Ritz during World War I, but Aurelie is French nobility on her
Davida Chazan
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of historical fiction, women's fiction, and literary fiction
4.5/5 stars! In their third collaboration, authors Lauren Willig, Karen White Beatriz Williams, (aka Team W) follow a family legend that spans two world wars and discovering the truth, with the stories of three women. This novel was released on January 14, 2020. You can read more in my #bookreview on my blog here. https://tcl-bookreviews.com/2020/01/1...
Blodeuedd Finland
This is a 3 part story, and I did feel that it either could have been longer or sorry one person should have been left out. I wanted more!

In 1914 there is noblewoman Aurelie, from an illustrious line, that keeps a locket with Jean of Arc's blood as a talisman. I did want more of her story. The German's take over her castle, she falls in love with one as she knew him before the war. Though she is just as much playing him for information. It was just over so fast!

I am not sure who narrated her
KC
Crossing multiple time periods (WWI, WWII, and post WWII) and told from multiple points of view, three women face tremendous hardship and loss while overcoming horrific challenges, clinging to love and hope. Perfect for book clubs and fans of WWII novels.
Rebecca
Set amid three different time periods (1914, 1942, and 1964), All the Ways We Said Goodbye follows Aurélie the French heiress, Daisy the Resistance fighter, and Barbara/Babs the widow. How do their three stories intertwine?

"Some women are lost in the fire, and some are built with it."

First of all, since so much of this story occurred at the luxurious Ritz Hotel in Paris, I took a few minutes to google it and ogle the extravagant photos. Oooooh la la! After that, I was ready to get back to
Tammy
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All The Ways We Said Goodbye is a sweeping family saga of three strong females and their heroic men that’s centrally located in different time settings at The Ritz of Paris Hotel and a beautiful century’s old French Chateau. This book easily transported me back in time to each different era. I didn’t want to put it down. With so many genres rolled up into one entertaining story; romance, humor, mystery & suspense, to secrets and tragedy from wartime France in 1914 & 1942 to the flip hair ...more
Dennis
A well written historical fiction/family-drama fusion. All the Ways We Said Goodbye has three different point of views (with Daisy's being by far my favorite) in three different time periods—World War I, World War II, and post-World War II 1960s. As the story unfolds, the three narrators, Barbara (Babs), Aurelie, and Daisy find that they have a lot more in common than they think. I really loved how the story unfolded, but quickly realized that this is more of a romance and family-drama than ...more
Tammy
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: release-2020
Samantha
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having really enjoyed the previous collaboration of these three authors on The Glass Ocean, I assumed this book would be a winner, and indeed it was.

It is primarily a family saga— a complex and intricate one featuring not one but two commendable war heroines—with dashes of mystery, romance, and espionage.

I’ll be very curious to learn how the writing process worked amongst the three authors (anyone seen an interview on this yet with any of them? Please do let me know if you have). I am assuming
Rebecca
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really love family saga's and this one lived up to all my expectations of this subgenre. This book was full of loss and pain, but also love and hope and passion and man did I really enjoy it! This book tells the story of three women during different types of great pain and upheavalin their lives and shows how strong and resilient they are, even when they can't recognize it in themselves. It shows the turning point in each of their lives and what they chooseto do to with.
_
There is
Susan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book is excellent! It weaves together three different stories from three different times. It was really hard to put it down. I did have to take notes to keep the characters straight but that’s mostly because it’s harder to flip back in an ebook. I really love historical fiction especially about WWII and this book was so good.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Rhonda Ruff
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time travel romance set in nazi Germany all rolled into one! Great storyline and unforgettable story makes for great reading. Wonderful book
Hristina
Everything about All the Ways We Said Goodbye was done right.
It flowed beautifully and felt very polished. The writing was somehow light, considering how detailed it was. The stories were intriguing, engrossing. I really enjoyed the characters, they were beautifully developed, and so easy to feel for.
All in all, it was an amazing, borderline unputdownable read. I really enjoyed it.

*Copy received through Edelweiss
*Rating: 5/5 stars
Meghan
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from HarperCollins Publishers - William Morrow in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I have read a lot of Historical Fiction novels focusing on the German Nazis and all the countries they have invaded during the Holocaust. But this one was a time traveler and a romance story as well as some history influence of Paris in 1914, 1942, and 1964 and all leading up to discovering secrets of one of Paris'
Diane
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the Ways We Said Goodbye, a triple timeline saga, is the third collaboration by authors Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig, and Karen White (collectively known as Team W).

All The Ways We Said Goodbye opens up in 1964 on an estate in Devonshire, England. Babs is still mourning the recent loss of her beloved husband Kit, who spent time in a prisoner of war camp in Germany during WWII.

Babs receives a letter from an American lawyer whose father also fought in WWII and is now dying. He asks Babs’
Kymm
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First I want to thank Goodreads for this advanced copy of All The Way We Said Goodbye by Beatriz Williams. I love their giveaways and this book was a great one to win! The book is about three different women who live in three different time periods. Aurelie de Courcelles in France 1914, an heiress to the de Courcelles estate, Daisy a women who is helping the resistance in Paris 1942 and Babs in France in 1964 who's there to find the woman her late husband Kit never forgot and always loved. The ...more
Danielle
Jan 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
So, I don't read a ton of historical fiction, but if a book from the perspectives of three women (who seem to be unrelated, but surprise they actually are related) that's set at least partially during WWII Europe sounds familiar, it's because The Gown: A Novel of the Royal Wedding did it a little over a year ago. I'm sure these aren't the only books to fit these confines, but the similarities really stood out to me (and made me enjoy the book less).

I really didn't like the multiple narrators.
Cheryl
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read books from all of these authors. They are famous for their time period books, which I am a fan of. This book is the perfect one for fans of time period stories as well as any of these authors.

In the beginning I was drawn to Daisy's story the most but as I got to know the other women better, you could say that it was a tie by the end of the story. Each woman grew bolder and made their stories their own.

With three different storylines, sometimes the transition between all of the
Susan (The Book Bag)
Three women. Three time periods. Three interesting stories that are tied together in one outstanding book. This was such a amazing read!

I don't know how three authors can pen a story together, to make each of their thoughts and ideas flow together, to make a captivating story that I personally, as a reader, became so entangled in. I felt like I was living the lives of the three women in the book.

This is the first book that I have read by Williams, Willig, and White and I am super impressed by
Donna Hines
"The heiress . . .
The Resistance fighter . . .
The widow . . .
Three women whose fates are joined by one splendid hotel"

Three women connected to one French hotel. Three time periods. Three lives altered by betrayal.
A uniquely driven appeal of the heart, mind, and inner emotions.
The interwoven connections was quite appealing and uniquely done.
The emotions raw. The feelings exposed. The end results were dramatic and rich.
It truly was more of a romantic story that elevates to a level unseen with
Andrea Nourse
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I believe I’ve developed an addiction to these dual timeline historical fiction masterpieces from Beatriz Williams. All The Ways We Said Goodbye sucked me in from the very first page and kept me captivated. Babs to Daisy to Aurelie were all three dynamic, formidable, and flawed women that made me fall in love with their stories and lives.
RoseMary Achey
Jan 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Three time frames, three stories that naturally intertwine, a bit of mystery and a great deal of romance make up this novel. I had some difficulty with the rotating times and keeping the characters straight initially. It was moderately entertaining novel, however not an exceptional piece of historical fiction.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Glittering Hour
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
  • The Sun Down Motel
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)
  • A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)
  • The Widow of Rose House
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • The Thief of Lanwyn Manor (Cornwall, #2)
  • The Paris Library