Start by marking “Curse and Consequence (The Whitby Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Curse and Consequence (The Whitby Tales, #1)

Curse and Consequence (The Whitby Tales, #1)

When Love visits Ravenhead Hall, sparks fly…quite literally.

Miss Rea Abernathy only wants to honor the family who has taken her under their wing, rescuing her from a life of poverty. But thanks to two determined suitors, she finds herself in a state far worse than the one from which her benefactress saved her.

When Mr. Sedgwick Whitby sets his sights on his mother’s sweet-t
ebook
Published July 4th 2019 by Dragonpen Press

To ask other readers questions about Curse and Consequence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curse and Consequence

Deborah O'Carroll
You need this hilarious Regency-esque fantasy novella in your life! It recently released and I loved it SO much I read it twice in the same week! (The second time, I read it aloud to my younger brother and sister so I could do the voices, which was so. much. fun! Especially Hugh. XD We laughed a ton! And now we quote it all the time. :P)

This whimsical tale, though in a fantasy setting, has a Georgette Heyer/Jane Austen Regency vibe, with a dash of Diana Wynne Jones (anyone remember Twinkle? I WI
Kyle
There is a strong Jane Austen element to this book, but it's so wonderfully original that it would be unfair to shelve it with fantasy-themed Jane Austen retellings. It's not actually a retelling at all. At heart, it's a Regency fantasy with a world and a story all its own. There's enough of an Austen touch to make fans of the Pride and Prejudice miniseries (or book*) smile at the witty dialogue. But as the synopsis indicates, the influences of Diana Wynne Jones and Gail Carson Levine are there ...more
Rebeka
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun, gorgeous, whimsical. I can’t wait for more from this romantic, magical Regency-esque world! ❤ ...more
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

They had me at “Jane Austen meets dragons” haha. The moment I read that I knew I had to read it for myself. And now that I have I must say that this really was a fun delightful read! Equal parts historical romance and fantasy adventure with plenty of humor woven throughout. I thought that the blending of mischievous magic into this English era of reserved propriety worked quite well and lent itself to establishing a tale with wit and charm.

Read my full review/visit my blog t
C.O. Bonham
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Curse and Consequence by Savannah Jezowski is a magical fantasy with regency flare.
The Whitby twins are as different as night and day. Hugh is a wild play boy who never grew up. Sedgwick is responsible, and willing to do anything to prevent his brother from having a chance with the woman he loves.
I loved the interplay between the two brothers. It was over the top hilarious but also not unheard of for siblings.
The best part though was the little dragon Rea. She was cute and adorable but full of
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Unicorn Quester. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Best to be mindful of what you wish for.
Curse and Consequence by Savannah Jezowksi is a cheerful story that has a moral tale in it. Everyone has heard the saying about choices and consequences, and this story takes that on a lot. The main male character made a choice, and now he has to deal with the result of that choice. Well unless he can fix it.
Sed
H.S.J. Williams
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I could not stop laughing. This charming story is Jane Austen meets magic and faeries. The writing style and setting is perfectly Regency era, only with pixies and dragons running about, and I love that! This short story has comedic disaster at every turn, and I’m glad there’s another book coming out because I wasn’t ready for the adventure to be over!
M.H. Elrich
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I discovered this book recently because Savannah Jezowski, the author, is both a cover designer and author. I really admire her cover designs and I absolutely loved the premise of her book. I mean, who doesn’t love a book about magic and romance, all set in a Victorian England type of setting? Well, the book that promises to be a combination of Jane Austen and Dianna Wynne Jones didn’t disappoint.

Plot
This is a novella whose action is very fast paced. The basic premise of the novel is that Mr. Se
Jessica Belmont
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Curse and Conseqence is charming, witty, funny, magical…let me just stop there because I could go on and on with praising this novel.

This is a Regency Fantasy, and I love that about it. The setting, culture, clothing all feel realistic and the descriptions are beautiful. I don’t think this story would have worked as well if it hadn’t been written in this period. It added to the wit and humor of the characters and it really helped me connect to the story.

Savannah Jezowsk has a knack for making me
Kara
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
The first words that came to mind once I'd finished this story were cute and entertaining. Plus a bit of silliness, which came from the brothers of the story. Sedgwick and Hugh could both use a bit of growth seeing as how they are constantly frustrating each other and acting like children. And then Sedgwick decides a curse is a good idea. Never a good idea! The consequences bring lots of shenanigans.

But the cuteness? That comes courtesy of watching Rea and Sedgwick figure out their hearts. These
Yakira Goldsberry
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Curse and Consequence was a fun romp that had me laughing till the end! The Edwardian feel and style of the story put me in mind of Jane Austen—if Jane Austen had written about magic and fairies and dragons. It was very well written for a novella, and I applaud anyone who can pull of such a short story and make it work.
Heather Barbour
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story and its not finished yet, there is more to come in 2020! This story takes you on a adventure. Makes us realize that consequences can harm those we never meant to harm, so be careful with your actions and your words.
Naomi
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! In fact, I wish it was longer, but that’s how series go. 😂 The characters were relatable and lovable, and the storyline instantly grabbed my attention. Already looking forward to #2! The writing style is very versatile. I think any of all ages would enjoy it as I have!
Katherine Brown
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun and entertaining read! It did not evoke the Pride & Prejudice vibes that I expected but I still found the dilemmas faced by the characters to be humorous and unexpected. Good lesson on being careful what you wish for.
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy, paranormal
And now for something completely different! I am a huge fan of Jane Austen fanfiction, and while this is not a direct spinoff from any Jane Austen novel, there are hints and flavors in this book that call up the writings of Miss Austen. How to describe this book? Part of it tries so hard at humor, succeeding mostly, that it feels like romantic Regency farce meets magical, fantasy world. This mash-up of worlds can be endearing and funny, but at times, the farce gets to be too much and starts to b ...more
Heather Birch
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from Hidden Gems in exchange for an honest review.

What a cute story! Part fairy tale, part classic, I really enjoyed reading it. The characters were well written and developed, even though it was a short story. The dialogue was witty and flowed well (that’s huge for me). I am definitely looking forward to part 2.
Jenelle
I HAVEN'T THE FOGGIEST CLUE HOW TO PROCESS MY FEELINGS RIGHT NOW.
Grace Mullins
Jul 03, 2019
Kendra Ardnek
is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2019
Wyn Estelle
Jun 22, 2019
Savannah Jezowski
Jan 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Nicki Chapelway
Jan 26, 2019
Jessica
Jan 31, 2019
Jan 31, 2019
Savannah lives in a drafty farmhouse in Amish country with her Knight in Shining Armor, who is no less shiny after eight years of matrimony, and a loyal brigade of kitties, who may or may not sleep on the job. Her work has been published in Ray Gun Revival, Mindflights and in the student publication of Fountains at PCC. She is also an author in the Five Enchanted Roses collection. She likes books, ...more