Start by marking “Her Best Friend's Secret” as Want to Read:
Her Best Friend's Secret

Her Best Friend's Secret

Your best friend deserves the truth. But it will ruin her life. What would you do?
In summer, the small Cornish village of Gorran Haven fills with tourists, but in the colder months its pretty narrow streets are blissfully quiet, the bell on the village shop door rings only for locals, the beach is unspoilt, empty and safe.

It’s been over twenty years since four very diff
Published April 1st 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Her Best Friend's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Best Friend's Secret

Debra
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
What if you have a secret? What if you know a secret? What if that secret could hurt someone? What if that secret could change lives? What if that secret could alter relationships? Would you tell the truth? What would YOU do?

It has been twenty years since Emily, Jess, Lolly and Amanda sat on a beach and promised to be best friends forever. Time, circumstance, moving, careers, happened as they often do when people grow up and the four friends drifted apart. But after a chance meeting between Loll
Berit☀️✨
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, blog-tour
Real, raw, and relatable, this book was packed with friendship, secrets, and truth!

What if a secret would destroy your best friend? Would you tell her? Is there anything sweeter or stronger than those friendships you formed in your youth? The girls you swore you would be BFFs with forever? The girls you confided in and cried too, The girls who stood by you and supported you through all your firsts. This book was steeped in sentiment it had me feeling nostalgic for my teenage years. I think what
Carrie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Her Best Friend’s Secret by Anna Mansell is another book that falls into my own personal genre of popcorn reads. In other words grab a nice big bowel of popcorn or you’re favorite snack and sit back and enjoy the drama only to make you feel your own problems are not so bad.

This one is the story of four women who when young were the best of friends but as time went by they had lost touch with one another. Twenty years have passed since these four were teenagers together and now Emily who had move
Kim ~ Traveling Sister
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour, netgalley
Best friends forever? They made the promise during their teen years and so much has happened since then, is it still possible? This is an emotional story that drew me in right from the start. I was absolutely intrigued with the lives of these four women. Why did it hold my interest so intently? It is because their stories are so darn easy to relate to! These women could be my friends that I grew up with!

I feel like everyone has that group of friends that they grow up with and they truly believe
Shalini
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Friendships forged in childhood especially in the teenage years are never forgotten. Even if the meeting takes place 20 years hence, the heart always recognizes the love and draws in together.

The same was seen with Emily, Lolly, Amanda, and Jess who met after 20 years with secrets galore between them, yet one look at each other just erased the distance between them. It then felt like they had never separated. They stood up for each other.

Anna Mansell was brilliant in her writing, she knew how to
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ

3.5 Stars

This book started a little slow for me, but by the halfway point I was captivated with this story and the fierce bond the women had with one another. I was equally captured by the conflict between them. I had so many questions, questions that were slowly answered throughout the novel and in just the right time. This book shows how even though we can have the fiercest of bonds with someone, guilt can bring us to doubt, to point fingers, to desperately want logical explanations to the ex
Renita D'Silva
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this author and adore her writing. And this book, wow! Beautiful and heartwarming, a wonderful celebration of friendship and resilience, love and loss, forgiveness and acceptance, moving forward despite setbacks - a stunning and poignant story about what it is to be human. LOVED this absolutely beautiful book - it reduced me to tears and uplifted me. Amazing. Very highly recommended to everyone.
Els
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is a saying that claims that women are the weaker gender. Well, I admit there are some things (not a lot obviously being a woman myself lol) that are more difficult for them but it goes without a doubt that there are certain things that men can’t do either. This story is a testimony to prove that this saying is total rubbish.

This book is about 4 girls who used to be great friends, but lost contact over the years and now, out of the blue, they meet again and start reconnecting. It’s not an
Donna Hines
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Relationships, Friendships, and Marriage are tricky territories but for four women who decided to get together for a small class reunion it may shed some light on the cracks and the desire to improve.
They were once tight but have lost touch even though two ladies live nearby.
So much has changed. So many lives altered. So many differences now exist.
Emily was to be the success story but it's gone terribly wrong so much so that the secret she harbors is more epic than her failures in life.
The reuni
Vikki Patis
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one - the characters are all so full of life, so rich and real that I feel like I know them! Mansell drip feeds the reader with accuracy, constantly tempting them to read just one more page. And of course I absolutely loved the Cornish-isms, though it made me miss my adopted county even more than usual!
Kristine
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Original review can be found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.com...

** I received an advanced readers copy from Bookouture via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!**

The synopsis for Her Best Friend's Secret sounded so intriguing that I just had to read it. It sounded like it was full of deep, dark secrets that I was just dying to discover.

Her Best Friend's Secret was about four different women who were the best of friends in their younger teenage years. After Emily moved aw
Jamie McGrath
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m often drawn to a book focused on friendship and this one did not disappoint. Her Best Friend’s Secret gives us four friends that reunite after 20 years, written alternating between each of their points of view. Emily, Jess, Lolly and Amanda are four fiercely independent, likable and relatable characters. I really enjoyed this book and loved getting to explore the dynamic of their friendship. Each of their stories were intriguing and I was eager to keep reading to uncover the “secret”. Some u ...more
Julie
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story of four school friends who reunite many years later after life has taken them in different directions. The problem arises when one of them knows something about the other's husband. Should she tell what she knows and risk their new-found friendship? The story deals sensitively with trust, control, betrayal and friendship as the friends each learn something more about themselves. An engaging story that will make you question your own relationships. I loved how the char ...more
Sarah Roadley
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of books that celebrate strong, independent women and this is definitely one of those.
The story centres around 4 friends - Jess, Emily, Lolly and Amanda - who have drifted apart since their teenage years but who reunite in their early 40s facing up to the past and working out their current issues.
There was a brilliant OMG moment mid way through the book which had me reeling, loads of moments with which I identified with and quite a few laugh out loud moments too.
A warm, funny, enj
Joan
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
When four once inseparable school friends arrange to reunite after over twenty years of absence, they all nervously prepare themselves for their reunion. They had once been the very best of friends, but how would they react to each other after so long was the question that concerned them most. They needn’t have been concerned at all. Hashtag Friends Forever – that was what each of the women hoped would be their destiny.
Emily is newly back home living in the childhood seaside village of Gorran Ha
Jeanniehay64
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Best Friends Secret was a delightful gentle read. Four childhood friends who reconnect after 20 years rediscover their friendship even though their lives have taken them in different directions.

Emily has returned to Cornwall turning her back on her acting career in America. She has spent many years playing second fiddle to her partner but now has made the decision to change her life but will it include being a mother? And will her partner be part of her new life?

Jess is a high flying adver
Marianne
3.5 for great writing and characterization

I really enjoyed this story. The 4 main characters are each at a crossroads in life and reunite after 20 years. There is some strangeness and mystery as to how and why they suddenly fell out.

The friendships that were rekindled were lovey. The women start out quite guarded and eventually they let down their defenses. There are surprises, some you may see coming and some not so much.

This is a powerful story of women lifting each other up. That I did like.
Melike
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book very much with its four women characters and charming setting in the Cornish village of Gorran Haven. Emily, Jess. Lolly and Amanda were best friends in high school, but after Emily moved away at the age of 16 they drifted apart. After a couple of decades Emily decides to move back to the village she grew up in and the four friends have a reunion. Will they be able to rekindle their friendship and will that friendship survive secrets big and small?

Anna Mansell does an excell
Melike
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Anna Mansell does an excell
Linda A.
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bonds of Friendship

While I loved the stories of each of the four women in this novel, it was hard to accept that it took at least 20 years for each to find their true selves. Each woman held on to secrets, denying their true desires, and spent too many years being what others wanted them to be. Still, it is a beautiful story of friendship and acceptance.
Sarah Wolstow
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I requested to read this book! The story line really hits home, having friends that I very rarely see, however when we get together it's like we haven't spent any time apart.
This story really captures friendship, in a way I really love reading about. It isn't just a happy story of girls getting back together after years apart, it has all the issues that being an adult comes with.
Pregnancy, Marriage issues and Controlling partners. This book covers a wide range of issues that people a
Kathy Sandlin
This was a good read. I am drawn to books that are strong with female friendships and mother/daughter relationships. I liked the 4 main characters who reunite after 20 years but the story didn't have that extra piece that would give it a higher rating. I really enjoyed the setting of Cornwall and sometimes enjoyed some of the secondary characters more than the 4 women. I also found the secret a bit predictable but I think the author handled the outcome in a more a realistic way than what most bo ...more
Steph Lawrence
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow, Her Best Friend's Secret has blown me away. Just fabulous.
Review to follow on the blog tour where I'll be shouting from the rooftops how amazing it is.

*Updated 1st April*
I’ve loved Anna Mansell’s previous books, but this is my favourite so far.
So beautifully written.
Four women with very different lives. Shows the importance of friendship, the difficulties faced with forgiveness and dealing with judgement.
It made me happy, sad and totally overwhelmed at times….a few ‘oh my god’ moments.
I fi
Bibliojunkies
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emily, Lolly, Amanda and Jess were the best of friends back in the day having shared some memorable and significant moments with each other. When Emily abruptly moved away it put an end to that. The group's dynamic seemed to change overnight and the remaining three began to grow apart as well.

They're all in their forties now and at different points in their lives. Emily went on to enjoy acting success in America, Lolly became a physical therapist and is married with kids, Amanda who works two j
Tiffany
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

It’s been over twenty years since four very different teenage girls sat on the beach, and swore to be best friends forever. Their lives went different ways after Emily left. But each remembered that promise. And none truly found friendship like it again.

Emily is a 40 year old actress who is realizing that it may be time for a career switch. Even though she always thought she would be a Mum one day she didn't expec
Cara Ross
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Are childhood friends forever? Can you trust them to be truthful, or should you be wary that after two decades of not seeing them, that they could blow your life to kingdom come?

Her Best Friend's Secrets is about four secondary school friends, that come into each other's lives again after twenty years, after a chance meeting at a station between two of the friends, and a subsequent meetup changes everything. So rather than talk about the story as a whole, let's discuss the characters, starting
Sharon
I have read several of this author’s books before and have enjoyed every one of them, so was excited to get started on this new release. This book concentrates on four best friends – Emily, Jess, Lolly and Amanda. It has been 20 years since they promised to always be best friends but over those years they have drifted apart and their lives have gone down different paths. After a chance meeting, the friends are brought back together but they discover that their lives are not filled with secrets w ...more
Debi Lantzer
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
More and more often I find myself drawn to books published by Bookouture - not sure what that means, but because of it, I've joined a new Facebook book blogger group that notifies us book bloggers of new releases that are available on NetGalley and book tours that are available to join.  Today's book - Her Best Friend's Secret by Anna Mansell was listed as available to read and review, and because I had read (and loved) her book, I Wanted To Tell You.

Twenty years ago, friends, Emily, Jess, Lolly
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved the book!! I couldn't wait to read this because I loved I Wanted to Tell You. The title was perfect because all four of the friends had a secret that they were keeping hidden. Jess's secret was a mystery until the end. but it was easy to figure out. I loved everything about the book- the characters, story and writing style. I enjoyed getting to know Jess, Emily, Amanda and Lolly. After twenty years, they were able to pick up right where they left off. Amanda and her occupation was quite a ...more
Andrea Pole
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Her Best Friend's Secret by Anna Mansell is an emotionally engaging novel that will surely strike a chord with any woman who has cherished a female friendship at some stage in her life. This is a story about love, motherhood, and friendship and, ultimately, forgiveness. This is a lovely and reflective read that will have you rooting for these women, each of whom will feel like a personal friend by the time you read the final pages.

Emily, Lolly, Amanda, and Jess were school friends living in Corn
« previous 1 3 next »
Anna had a brush with 'fame' as a magician’s assistant back in 1977. She later decided that being sawn in half by her father, at barely 6 months old, was too submissive a role, vowing to channel the trauma in to something much more pro-actively creative. Having failed at acting, singing and professional murder mystery parties (she was ALWAYs the one to die!), she fell to something much more solita ...more