Start by marking “Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2)” as Want to Read:
Beauty in Hiding (Beauty in Flight #2)

Beauty in Hiding

(Beauty in Flight #2)

Book 2 in the Beauty in Flight series:

Harper’s second chance at life will become a second stint in prison if anyone connects her to those two dead men.

Nutfield, New Hampshire, is as good a place as any to hide from the murderer Harper left behind in Maryland. All she has to do is lie low and make enough money to keep herself and Red alive until she can figure out who her
Published March 12th 2019 by JDO Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Beauty in Hiding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty in Hiding

Staci
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
The action continues in book two of the Beauty in Flight series. Harper Cloud shows so much strength and heart through her actions. I especially loved how the novel demonstrates how God loves us even when we don't realize it and can bring good from a bad decision. There has been a focus on caring for the elderly thus far in the series. The meeting space for senior citizens was a nice touch.

My gratitude to the author for a complimentary NetGalley copy of the novel. I was not required to post a re
Pascale
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
-‘He watched her, his eyes pleading, begging. For what, she wished she didn’t know. But she did know what he wanted, and she knew exactly what it would cost to give it to him. “I’m sorry.” He turned, walked toward the front door. She didn’t move, couldn’t bring herself to watch him leave.’-

This story dives right in from where the previous story left off. If you didn’t read the first one, you need to read it before this one because these stories are not standalone, they are definitely a series an
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Beauty in Hiding
Beauty in Flight #2
By Robin Patchen

Harper Cloud finds herself running. The dead bodies that were in Red's living room and the tampering with his Gatorade have convinced her that they both need to disappear. And they need to go somewhere unexpected where Red's grandson Derrick won't find them.

Nutfield, New Hampshire seems about as unexpected and off the beaten path that Harper can find. Now she needs to be sure they stay off the grid so that whoever is looking for them will find n
Debi Lantzer
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had not heard of this author previously but her new series of books sounded very interesting to me, so when I saw a book tour with Just Reads, I signed up for all three books.

Beauty in Hiding is the second book in author Robin Patchen’s new series, Beauty in Flight. Today's book releases on March 12, and the third book in the series, Beauty in Battle comes out on April 9, 2019.

Here's your "heads up" warning on this book:  This story jumps in right where book 1 left off.  I personally don't f
Cheri Swalwell
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beauty in Hiding by Robin Patchen is the second in the Beauty in Flight trilogy. I’ve read other books by this author and thoroughly enjoyed them. I wasn’t sure how I would feel about this series as the blurb didn’t capture my attention as much as her previous books. However, I have to say I LOVE this series. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to relate to Harper because of her beauty, her past, her lifestyle but she was so relatable. I kept forgetting how beautiful she was until the male characte ...more
Cyndi
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lots of action, suspense and romance in this second book in the series. As soon as Harper and Red arrive in Nutfield we are introduced to Jack. Jack is Harper's handsome, kind next door neighbor, landlord. Jack is awesome the way that he helps Harper and Red , but there is no way Harper is going to trust a man again. I loved all the interaction between these three characters, they are characters you can't help but develop feelings for. You can't help but wonder what the story is behind Vanessa. ...more
Claudia
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loneliness, and the need to connect. Loneliness, and the fear of connecting. Both of these phrases go to the heart of Beauty in Hiding. Both of these phrases are true of so many in our society, so many we see but often don't notice.

Jack Rossi is living what he refers to as a solitary life in Nutville in spite of his many interactions with those at the community pantry and rec center. His new tenants, Harper Cloud and Red Burns, could not escape his notice. Harper was gorgeous, but obviously h
Edward Arrington
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper Cloud – an interesting name and a bit unusual. Somehow, it seems to me she would have assumed a different name somewhere along the way to try to make it more difficult to be traced, but I suppose she had too many other things to consider when she loaded Gramps in the car and ran from his home. Often in a book series, keeping track of what happened earlier in the series is difficult because of the time lapse between releases. With the speed at which each book is being released and the way ...more
Pam
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just when Harper has settled in well at Derrick’s grandfather’s home in Maryland and she and the old man are becoming quite close, the author kicks the story up a notch and sends them on the run after the particularly disturbing events of one evening. It is evident that someone is out to get Harper or at least point the finger at her for murder and she can think of nothing but protecting Red. Derrick is beginning to show his true colors and Harper does not trust him – even with his own grandfath ...more
Erin Laramore
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic ride! This is the 2nd book in the Beauty in Flight series. While this one would probably make sense as a stand-alone, you really should read the first book in order to get the history before reading this one. This book starts where the first one left off. Harper has taken Red and fled for their lives. She ends up in Nutfield, NH (fans of the author's Hidden Truths series will find that town to be familiar - and some familiar faces show up as well!) in order to go into hiding and ...more
Kelly Bridgewater
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it

This time around for the second installment in this series by Robin Patchen, Beauty in Hiding flowed more like a suspense novel. Harper was looking over her shoulder, and Derrick was digging himself deeper and deeper into trouble. The tension was hiked up more and had me flipping through the pages quickly, wanting to see how the story would end. The romance between Harper and Jake kept growing as the story progressed. One of my favorite aspects of the entire series is that Patchen is NO
Anna
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ex convict Harper has settled into her job of caring for Derrick’s grandfather, Red. She loves the old man like her own family. Things aren’t right with Derrick, her ex boyfriend and just as she suspects he’s trying to poison his grandfather, she finds two dead bodies in the house. Added to the fact that she also feels like she’s being watched, Harper has to protect Red and quickly hatches a plan to escape Maryland taking him with her.
Jack is just starting to get his feet wet in real estate in
jax
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Beauty in Hiding and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading it. I started with Beauty in Flight (book 1) and got pulled into the story so when it left on a cliff hanger I just knew that book 2 would be on my to read list, Robin came through pretty quickly with the link to download.

We find Harper settling into a new community with gramps (Red - her ex boyfriends Derrick's grandfather)
Knowing that she couldn't draw any money from an ATM as it could lead Derrick to her she
J Young
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great second book in the series!

Harper and Red, on the run after the murders in Maryland (Book #1), find a house to rent in Nutfield, NH. Their new landlord, Jack Rossi, is a caring man but curious that there seems more to his new tenants than meets the eye. He is drawn to them, but Harper’s recent experiences have made trusting men even less likely. Derrick, Harper’s ex-boyfriend and Red’s grandson, is desperate to find them for his own future well-being, not theirs.

There is a lot of action
Kerri
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great second book in the Beauty trilogy. I once again was drawn back into Harper's story as she is doing what she thinks is best and keeping her charge, Red, safe. I love how she shows that she has turned from her past, yet she continues to have difficulty trusting men. Jack was a man of integrity that looks out for his new tenants. I loved seeing his compassion for Harper and Red. Harper is on the run from her ex, who happens to be Red's grandson. Seeing what is going on in his life ...more
Tiffany
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This entire series is amazing! (This is book 2, and you're going to want to read these in order) I have been completely captivated and it's been really hard for me to put the book down. In this book, as Harper moves to this new town and tries to keep Red safe, you can see her grow spiritually, she seems to trust God more and in turn starts trusting others a little more. Will she be able to keep Red safe from Derrick? Will she be wrongfully accused for what happens in Maryland because of her past ...more
Meagan
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
An excellent installment in the series! I finished book 1 very quickly, and did the same here—because I just had to find out what would happen next.

This book ended on a cliffhanger, also like book 1, so be prepared to rush out and get book 3 if you haven’t already.

My grandfather had Alzheimer’s, and watching Red with dementia brought back quite a few memories. I felt the author really represented well the struggles the patient and those around them have to go through.

Every time I read the town n
Cathy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibooks
The second book in the Beauty in Flight series, this continues the story of Harper as she tries to protect Red while in hiding. Harper must figure out who the enemy is while keeping them safe, knowing that Derrick is frantically searching for them. The drama continues and the suspense grows as they make a life in Nutfield, while trying to stay under the radar.

This book is the second in the series, which is to conclude with Beauty in Battle. As such, it ends in a cliff hanger.

I was provided an a
Patty
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book and this is my review. I enjoyed this book very much. Looking forward to the next book. This book has mystery, suspense, new friends, and prayers. Harper just can not get a break. After getting to Nutfield things calm for a bit. Then a couple things happen around the same time. Red has an attempt made on his life and Harper has to go in and be questioned by the police. I hope the Nutfield, N. H. series continues to grow.
Mrs B E Woods
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second in the Series. Another a amazing story about the beautiful and troubled Harper. This time, she has gone into hiding with her patient, Red Burns and is doing her best to keep both of tem safe. It is tense, gripping and a another must read. I was so gripped that I had to read Book 3 - Beauty In Battle straight away. Book 3 did not disappoint and was a great ending to a fabulous series. If you haven't read Books one to three then I can honestly recommend them.
Sandy Arnold
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harper Cloud...vulnerable young woman who is learning through some tragic events to trust again. She runs from her past in Beauty in Flight; she hopes she is running to freedom in Beauty in Hiding. But her past and more recent events follow her as she seeks refuge in Nutfield, NH. Meet Red, Derrick, Jack and others who draw you into Harper’s world of intrigue. Excellent read...keeps you on your toes.
Pamela Pond
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robin Patchen has written a wonderful book! This book has everything a reader wants in a novel. It has romance, suspense and adventure; all combined with the undying love of Christ and faith in him. It is combined in a way that keeps the readers intrigued from start to finish. It will keep you up at night to finish because you can't out it down.
I have recommend it to all my friends and family. It is a great series and I cannot wait to read her next book!
Susan Veach
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superior writing. Robin Patchen doesn't dumb down her books--she has an excellent vocabulary and isn't afraid to use it, but those well-placed words won't keep readers from enjoying the fast pace and incredible tension. (Or discerning the meaning of those words they won't take the time to look up.)

This story is about hope that former mistakes lead to something better engineered by the LORD. I think it's His favorite kind of story, as He brings ex-losers out of hiding and into the light.
Debbie Anderson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beauty In Hiding by Robin Patchen follows Beauty In Flight. Harper has difficulty trusting. Especially men. And with good cause. The ones she’s trusted have brought her nothing but trouble. The last man she trusted may even cost her her life.
It’s difficult to take me by surprise. But Robin repeatedly brings into her plots surprises I did not see coming. Keeping me on my toes and making the story line exciting.
Nati
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hannah and Red are finally safe in Nutfield or so Hannah thinks. She got a job to pay their bills and Red can stay in the rec center during the day, and Jack, their landlord is helping them. But the danger is just around the corner and when the truth will be out, will Hannah be truly safe or she must run again?
Phillip M Lewallen
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Robin Patchen is astounding. This book is intense, complicated, it keeps you up at night reading because you can't put it down. There are so many twists and turns that you need to re-read some sentences to make sure you understand what's happening. You need to read this series. Yes, it is a series, and well worth it. I can't wait for the final book to find out what happens. A great read!
Dee Manning
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star

After reading BEAUTY IN FLIGHT, I pre ordered #2, BEAUTY IN HIDING, which is a stand alone book, but I Recommend reading reading # 1 first because it’s so good and you get to know the characters for the other 2 books in this series.Robin Patchen is my favorite Christian author.
I eagerly await #3 , which I also pre ordered.
I hope she is working on another series !!
Linda Rainey
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of Suspense

This series continues as Harper leaves Maryland with Red.
I loved the storyline with plenty of suspense,twists and turns with interesting characters.
This book should be read as part of a series to better understand the characters.
This book is recommended for those who love Christian suspense with an inspirational message.
Barbara Carter
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking suspense. Unbelievable wild ride through a beauty of a book! Beauty in Hiding is precious and takes the reader right inside a gripping tale only to deposit nuggets of truth and challenge into the heart. Can’t wait to read the next installment!
S.campbell8655yahoo.com
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just finished the second book in this series and I'm waiting again for the chance to read more ! The suspense is getting stronger and faith in God is increasing . Robin Patchen is rocking this series !
Aside from her family and her Savior, Robin Patchen has two loves—writing and traveling. If she could combine them, she’d spend a lot of time sitting in front of her laptop at sidewalk cafes and ski lodges and beachside burger joints. She’d visit every place in the entire world—twice, if possible—and craft stories and tell people about her Savior. Alas, time is too short and money is too scarce fo ...more

Beauty in Flight (3 books)
  • Beauty in Flight (Beauty in Flight #1)
  • Beauty in Battle (Beauty in Flight #3)