Start by marking “SwanSong (Sons of the Desert, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
SwanSong

Allie McCormack

SwanSong (Sons of the Desert, #1)

Sarah Pendleton was born into a life of wealth and privilege, raised in the shadow of her famous soprano mother and her father, an equally famous composer. Shy and retiring, Sarah has left behind the world she grew up in to make her own life in the coastal town of Santa Barbara, California.

A visiting University professor of Arabic literature from the small oil-rich country
Published March 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about SwanSong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SwanSong

Start your review of SwanSong (Sons of the Desert, #1)
Suzannah
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swan Song is a wonderfully creative, contemporary romance by Allie McCormack. It is book one in McCormack’s Sons of the Desert series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I can honestly say, I have never read anything like it before. It had twists and turns that I didn’t expect. I fell in love with both the hero and the heroine. Arab Sheik Khalid Al Mansour is entranced by a belly dancer at a local Greek cafe. American Sarah Pendleton dances to forget her worries and her past. Khalid is the cons ...more
Angela
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved This One

Hands down, loved this hero's patient pursuit of his woman. Insta-lust to love is a favorite of mine, especially when the male lead just dives head first. Khalid is a great contrast of sexy dominant and refined academic. It's a slow burn to get to the steamy stuff, but worth the wait.
Jenn Bradshaw
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allie McCormack comes through again with the premiere of her multicultural romance series, Sons of the Desert. Swansong is the story of Sarah and Khalid - a seemingly carefree dancer and the scholar-sheik.

Sarah feels like an entirely different woman as she steps out onto the floor as Cassandra when she performs as a belly dancer for the first time. Cassandra is the antithesis to Sarah's demure, shy personality, and the wild, sexy dancer has caught the eye of a wealthy Arab man.

Khalid knows, from
Dawn
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book!! I love Sarah and Khalid! Their chemistry is off the charts! Sarah is so sweet and sincere and Khalid is such a beautiful alpha male! The story is well developed, the supporting characters add so much to the story too! I can't say enough about this book and this author! Her work is great!! I definitely recommend the book and this author! You will not be disappointed by this book!
Wytzia Raspe
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very authentic and believable lovestory

I did not know the writer had lived in Saudi and Egypt until I reached the end of the novel but that explained why nowhere did details clash with what I knew from my time in Jordan or my Iraqi friends. So after a while I started to read the cultural details as facts and they were interesting. The novel is filled with them and great food ideas. But I tought Baba Hanoush was made with eggplants? Are you sure you are not mixing it with the cucumber dish Tzazik
Wendy Hill
Mar 22, 2019
Brittani Avery
Apr 25, 2019
Allie McCormack
Jun 12, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Renégade ♥
Nov 11, 2019
Ruthy85
Apr 24, 2020

• Blue Blooded (Lord & Lady Hetheridge #5)
  • Deadly Ties: A Political Thriller
  • I Can't Sleep
  • Fires in the Night
  • The German Midwife
  • The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • Murder in St Paul's
  • Blue Murder (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #2)
  • Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #1)
  • Something Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #3)
  • Black & Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge, #4)
  • The Man on the Porch
  • House of Shadows (The Victorian Gothic Collection Book 1)
  • Do Not Awaken Love (The Moorish Empire #4)
  • The Cup (The Moorish Empire #1)
  • None Such as She (The Moorish Empire Book 3)
  • Just Another Viscount in Love (Season's Original #3.5)
  • The Good Neighbors