Start by marking “Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)” as Want to Read:
Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)

Damned

(Shaye Archer #7)

When young priest Nicolas Chatry took his vows, he thought the hardest thing he’d have to deal with was accomplishing his duties from a wheelchair. Until a murderer steps into the confessional. Unable to recognize the voice or maneuver quickly enough to get a look at the killer, Nicolas has no way of identifying who admitted to such a horrific deed. And even if he did, his ...more
Published January 17th 2019 by J&R Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Damned, please sign up.
Lola I think it is.
I think it is.
I found this on the author's website (https://janadeleon.com/contact/), it basically said that since the Shaye Archer series is not selling well this is it. I'm still 2 books away from the end but I will there were more too.(less)

Start your review of Damned (Shaye Archer, #7)
Sharon
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
As much as I loved the other Shaye Archer books, this one was a little disappointing.

It isn't that the mystery wasn't well-constructed (although I saw the whodunnit coming for quite a ways). It wasn't that the characters were poorly drawn or unbelievable. I think that the book felt rushed, if I'm honest. It just didn't have the same level of engagement for me as other titles in this series.

I felt like Shaye and Jackson were both given short shrift in this book, like they didn't have enough meat
Sandee
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An insane murderer who believes they are doing God's work. A disabled priest who is challenged by his vows. A police case involving a missing girl. Multiple crimes creating an extraordinary puzzle left me sitting on the edge of my seat. The relationships of the main characters continue to develop and grow while the mysteries retain their action, suspense and surprises. I highly recommend this book and this series.
Elisa
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was such a fantastic thriller, I really love this series Shaye Archer is an amazing character I also love Jackson he is such a patient and protective partner for Shaye, I especially love how he accepts Shaye as she is and lets her become more comfortable with him at her own pace, its sweet.

I have to say I didn’t see that ending coming at all that last twist was awesome and Father Nicholas is a great new character.
Tina
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I was a little disappointed by this installment of the Shaye Archer series, especially after anxiously waiting for it.
There is little to no back story for anyone new to this series to entice them into going back to book one and falling into this world.
The mystery was not as intricate as in previous books. I had the baddie pegged at the beginning because it was fairly predictable.
Maybe the series has lost steam now that Shaye has discovered her past and the aftermath is being sorted. It would hav
Angela
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I've read all 7 of the Shaye Archer books. I realized how polite everyone is and how much explaining was done when it wasn't necessary. The subject matter is dark and the setting is spooky New Orleans but it was more like Mr. Rogers' neighborhood. The dialogue was so innocuous and polite. I kept laughing to myself picturing Big Bird trying to pick up a hooker off the block 🤭. Father Nick says" Someone confessed they murdered a young woman to me." Shaye Archer says "I'm so sorry you had to experi ...more
Yvonne Wolfe
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book in the series but read them all

What a fantastic book! I really like all the Shaye Archer stories but Jana DeLeon has done a great job with this book and the continuing story. Shaye has survived a horrific childhood and with the help of her adoptive mother and her therapist she has carved out a productive place for herself in her recovery. To her mother’s horror Shaye has decided to become a private investigator. She has completed her internship and has hung out her shingle. Thus each s
Gwen S.
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another must read!

In “Damned” Jana DeLeon has given another excellent Shaye Archer suspense thriller.
She does an excellent job bringing us right into a priest’s dilemma when facing the choice to keep his vows in the confessional or speak out according to his personal moral compass.
Her descriptions of the priests in the story make them real and relatable rather than lofty. They are men who we find to be much like us.
With threads leading to a large list of suspects this one kept me guessing
Kandice
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series has me hooked and it's not my usual genre. A compelling storyline with a few teasers and twists. Quick appearances by Corinne, Eleanor and Hustle - loved seeing them. What I missed from this book was delving into Shaye's story. Watching her work through persoanl issues as well as the current. This book focused on the current mystery and Shaye's ability to relate, but no more reveals about her past. Of course there's the last line of the book, which is more of testament to how far she ...more
Cathy Pardue
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So so good

I love this series and this book is no different. It's a little dark and gritty, intriguing and well written. A priest has to come to terms with his vows concerning confessions and his personal sense of justice. Can he keep quiet? Shay is on the case and per usual, pulls the smallest details out of virtually nothing. I love how the author pieces together clues until the whole picture is formed. I also love that Jackson and Shay seem to be moving forward in their relationship. Can't wai
Kimberlyn j grimes
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shaye Archer does it again!

Another hit for the Shaye Archer series. As always, the characters are well fleshed and with all the normal human failings and insecurities. The plot hummed right along and kept you savoring each tiny clue. You’re back and forth between characters to figure out who is behind the evil doings. This one was really quite complex. I love that her street kid, her mother and Eleanor are part of the work. I love Jackson’s character strength also. Looking forward to the next on
Thomas
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a young wheel chair bound priest hears a confession that someone had strangled a girl. His vows will not let him go to the police. But, his conscience will not let him stay silent. He contacts Shaye Archer.

With very little to go on other than a whispered confession, Shaye takes on what will be one of the most difficult cases she has faced. An unknow victim, and unknown perpetrator. She is once again looking for a serial killer, this one with a belief that he is saving people from themselve
Epicbookaddict
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, so this was a super fast series for me. I think I've read the series in about a week, once I start one I just couldn't put them down. With books 1-3 being tied for my favorite I loved them all. I have to say I missed Corrine, Eleanor and Hustle in this book although Hustle does make a really brief appearance. The comfortable banter between Shaye, her mom and Eleanor really make these books tick. I hope there is a book 8 in the works as I really want to see what awaits Shaye and Jackson.
Happ
Amanda
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first thought when I finished this book... I pray this isn't the last book of this series! I love Shaye. And I love her with Jackson. They've made one heck of a team through this series. This book is no different. This one has a religious case that hits close to home with Shaye's past. Finding out who the killer was was a complete shocker (even for shaye this time). And I mean I had to pick my jaw off the floor shocker! I hope there will be another book in this series cause I miss shaye alrea ...more
Tracy T.
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This has been a good series. I have enjoyed it. I don't think this was my favorite book but still an entertaining listen.

I liked the story line and plot. It did seem like Shaye Archer was actually not the star of this book to me.

It was a good mystery and the villain was a psycho for sure. There is a lot of dialogue throughout the entire book, which was great.

As for the narration it was great! I really liked it. Julie McKay does a great job with all the voices and the male voices. Everyone get
Pat
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally love this book. Jana hit it out of the park again. This series just keeps getting better. Shaye is one of my favorite book characters. Not much gets her down. After all she gone through, with the help of her mother and her mother's best friend she just keeps going. She is hunting a killer no one knows the identity of. Jana kept me guessing till the end of who really did it. Well worth reading.
Pandora
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, riveting story

If Ms DeLeon had not written such funny, silly books as her Ghost in Law series and Unlucky, I would truly sorry about how in-depth her knowledge is about serial killers and there thought process. Chilling! When I first began reading this series I didn't realize how serious this series would be. Complete turn around from her other books even though their were protagonists in all of them. Wonderful read.
Sheila OBryan
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Each book gets better

I could not put this down. I have an early rise in the morning but sleep was out question. I have read 'all the books in this series and hope there are more to come so Jana hurry up and write another one. You are one of my favorite authors and I hope there will be a new fortune book out soon. Thank you for many hours enjoyable reading. You are truly gifted.
Lisa Parker
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Mystery Read

I choose this book because I had read and enjoyed the previous books in this series. This new book did not disappoint! I thought for the first time that I had figured out the criminal but yet again there was a twist and I had missed a few clues. I would recommend this book to anyone that enjoys a little scary, edgy, with a little romance thrown in for good measure mystery!
Lucinda G. DeLap
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mysterious, scary, funny, family, friends and love

Wow, U read books 1-7 without stopping. The experiences off Shaye and how she was saved fits so perfectly with her job as a private investigator. I think both her mom Corrine and get counselor Eleanor are great characters till help Shaye lead as life as possible. Detective Jackson Lamotte is quite the hero. And don't forget about Hustle.
Nanette Fandino-Diaz
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book could be read as a stand alone story. The author does a very good job incorporating enough information about previous character and their back stories to better understand their role but not make the reader feel like they’ve missed something.

This book brings our focus back to Shaye Archer the private investigator. Shaye and Jackson continue to strengthen and solidify their relationship in this book.
Jana Gundy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!

This book was brilliant, just like the rest in the series. I can’t believe it’s already number 7, so much has happened and so many excellent mysteries have come from this series. Shaye is a very unique character and this author does her justice. I love every story and even the titles are just perfect.
Karen
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic - Can't get enough of this series. Love the way all the characters have grown and developed through the seven books so far. Particularly enjoy the tenacity of Shaye Archer (and indeed all those around her). I found myself holding my breath towards the end of the book and then breathing out with relief as a tear rolled down my face for the final paragraph.
Sharon
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting

What a page turner with never a dull moment. Shaye is at it again. Taking an investigation involving a priest and a confession.

The characters are believable. The bad guy is really scary. He is in a profession of trust.

Loved the book and i am so ready for the next adventure.
Raelene Cowley
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking story

This is probably my favorite series of all I have read. I have so enjoyed this story of Shay Archer and her life she has lead and what she has become. Such a strong lady, and the story lines are so exciting I can hardly put the books down! I hope there will be more Shay Archer adventures to read

*Raelene*
Rosanna Gossett
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery with a little twist

I am really liking the evolution of Shaye and how she is dealing with her past. Using a priest as the bad guy was brilliant. so many people stay away from doing those kinds of things, and it made for a good plot. The twist with the father of the kidnapped girl was good. I really wasn't expecting that to happen.
Dawn Gee
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation of series

The mystery is well written and captures your attention right away. Shaye has suffered through and survived some of the vilest act a man can commit on another human. Yet, she still puts herself in danger to help others. She still wants to find peace, love and be safe for once. Jackson continues to be patient and caring with Shaye.
Heather Huth
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous series

As always I am impressed with the plot twists and turns of the Shaye Archer series. Love the way the story develops and keeps me invested. Looking forward to a little more Jackson and Shaye in the next book and how their relationship develops. Also love that characters from past books come back in to visit like old friends .
Nellie Neves
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

There are limited phrases that actually make me gasp, but seeing the line "shaye archer is back" in my email was thrilling. This was another wonderful installment. I loved the premise of the book. I loved the characters. I love jackson!! It has good twists and changes. And that last line!! Good gracious, I hope this series never ends.
Marilyn G Werschky
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started this series I thought it might be a little "dark" and depressing for me. However, I couldn't stop reading them. When this last book became available, I was thrilled. I enjoyed the book very much, and the ending was a real pleasure. I think Jana DeLeon is very talented and I can't wait to see what will happen next.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fortune and Fame (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • The Body in Witch Elm (Miss Fortune Series)
  • Mystery Night Murder (Merry Wrath #10)
  • A Blooming Fortune (Miss Fortune World)
  • Musket Ball Murder (Merry Wrath Mysteries Book 14)
  • The Identity Inquiry (Miss Fortune World Book 1)
  • Dirty Devil (J.J. Graves Mystery #8)
  • A Dirty Job  (J.J. Graves Mystery #7)
  • The Fish Bomb Caper (Miss Fortune World)
  • Dirty Money (J.J. Graves Mystery #6)
  • Fortune and Glory (Miss Fortune World Book 2)
  • Once Hunted, Twice Shy (The Happily Everlasting Series, #2)
  • Leaving Sinful (Miss Fortune)
  • Fooled Around and Spelled In Love (The Happily Everlasting Series, #3)
  • Happy Birthday, Marge (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Spirits Book 1)
  • Fortune and Pride (Miss Fortune World Book 3)
  • Meerkats and Murder (Merry Wrath #11)
  • Murder on the Sinful Express (Miss Fortune World: Sinful Stories Book 7)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more

Shaye Archer (7 books)
  • Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1)
  • Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)
  • Diabolical (Shaye Archer #3)
  • Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)
  • Unseen (Shaye Archer #5)
  • Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)