Start by marking “Damned (Shaye Archer Series Book 7)” as Want to Read:
Damned (Shaye Archer Series Book 7)

Damned (Shaye Archer Series Book 7)

When young priest Nicolas Chatry took his vows, he thought the hardest thing he’d have to deal with was accomplishing his duties from a wheelchair. Until a murderer steps into the confessional. Unable to recognize the voice or maneuver quickly enough to get a look at the killer, Nicolas has no way of identifying who admitted to such a horrific deed. And even if he did, his ...more
Published January 17th 2019 by J&R Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Damned, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Damned

Elisa Hordon
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was such a fantastic thriller, I really love this series Shaye Archer is an amazing character I also love Jackson he is such a patient and protective partner for Shaye, I especially love how he accepts Shaye as she is and lets her become more comfortable with him at her own pace, its sweet.

I have to say I didn’t see that ending coming at all that last twist was awesome and Father Nicholas is a great new character.
Yvonne Wolfe
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book in the series but read them all

What a fantastic book! I really like all the Shaye Archer stories but Jana DeLeon has done a great job with this book and the continuing story. Shaye has survived a horrific childhood and with the help of her adoptive mother and her therapist she has carved out a productive place for herself in her recovery. To her mother’s horror Shaye has decided to become a private investigator. She has completed her internship and has hung out her shingle. Thus each s
Kimberlyn j grimes
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shaye Archer does it again!

Another hit for the Shaye Archer series. As always, the characters are well fleshed and with all the normal human failings and insecurities. The plot hummed right along and kept you savoring each tiny clue. You’re back and forth between characters to figure out who is behind the evil doings. This one was really quite complex. I love that her street kid, her mother and Eleanor are part of the work. I love Jackson’s character strength also. Looking forward to the next on
Cathy Pardue
So so good

I love this series and this book is no different. It's a little dark and gritty, intriguing and well written. A priest has to come to terms with his vows concerning confessions and his personal sense of justice. Can he keep quiet? Shay is on the case and per usual, pulls the smallest details out of virtually nothing. I love how the author pieces together clues until the whole picture is formed. I also love that Jackson and Shay seem to be moving forward in their relationship. Can't wai
Kandice
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series has me hooked and it's not my usual genre. A compelling storyline with a few teasers and twists. Quick appearances by Corinne, Eleanor and Hustle - loved seeing them. What I missed from this book was delving into Shaye's story. Watching her work through persoanl issues as well as the current. This book focused on the current mystery and Shaye's ability to relate, but no more reveals about her past. Of course there's the last line of the book, which is more of testament to how far she ...more
Pandora
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, riveting story

If Ms DeLeon had not written such funny, silly books as her Ghost in Law series and Unlucky, I would truly sorry about how in-depth her knowledge is about serial killers and there thought process. Chilling! When I first began reading this series I didn't realize how serious this series would be. Complete turn around from her other books even though their were protagonists in all of them. Wonderful read.
Sheila OBryan
Each book gets better

I could not put this down. I have an early rise in the morning but sleep was out question. I have read 'all the books in this series and hope there are more to come so Jana hurry up and write another one. You are one of my favorite authors and I hope there will be a new fortune book out soon. Thank you for many hours enjoyable reading. You are truly gifted.
Pat
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I totally love this book. Jana hit it out of the park again. This series just keeps getting better. Shaye is one of my favorite book characters. Not much gets her down. After all she gone through, with the help of her mother and her mother's best friend she just keeps going. She is hunting a killer no one knows the identity of. Jana kept me guessing till the end of who really did it. Well worth reading.
Jana Gundy
Brilliant!

This book was brilliant, just like the rest in the series. I can’t believe it’s already number 7, so much has happened and so many excellent mysteries have come from this series. Shaye is a very unique character and this author does her justice. I love every story and even the titles are just perfect.
Karen
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic - Can't get enough of this series. Love the way all the characters have grown and developed through the seven books so far. Particularly enjoy the tenacity of Shaye Archer (and indeed all those around her). I found myself holding my breath towards the end of the book and then breathing out with relief as a tear rolled down my face for the final paragraph.
Raelene Cowley
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Breathtaking story

This is probably my favorite series of all I have read. I have so enjoyed this story of Shay Archer and her life she has lead and what she has become. Such a strong lady, and the story lines are so exciting I can hardly put the books down! I hope there will be more Shay Archer adventures to read

*Raelene*
Marilyn G Werschky
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I started this series I thought it might be a little "dark" and depressing for me. However, I couldn't stop reading them. When this last book became available, I was thrilled. I enjoyed the book very much, and the ending was a real pleasure. I think Jana DeLeon is very talented and I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Rosanna Gossett
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mystery with a little twist

I am really liking the evolution of Shaye and how she is dealing with her past. Using a priest as the bad guy was brilliant. so many people stay away from doing those kinds of things, and it made for a good plot. The twist with the father of the kidnapped girl was good. I really wasn't expecting that to happen.
Sharon
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riveting

What a page turner with never a dull moment. Shaye is at it again. Taking an investigation involving a priest and a confession.

The characters are believable. The bad guy is really scary. He is in a profession of trust.

Loved the book and i am so ready for the next adventure.
Dawn Gee
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation of series

The mystery is well written and captures your attention right away. Shaye has suffered through and survived some of the vilest act a man can commit on another human. Yet, she still puts herself in danger to help others. She still wants to find peace, love and be safe for once. Jackson continues to be patient and caring with Shaye.
Nellie Neves
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

There are limited phrases that actually make me gasp, but seeing the line "shaye archer is back" in my email was thrilling. This was another wonderful installment. I loved the premise of the book. I loved the characters. I love jackson!! It has good twists and changes. And that last line!! Good gracious, I hope this series never ends.
Heather Huth
Fabulous series

As always I am impressed with the plot twists and turns of the Shaye Archer series. Love the way the story develops and keeps me invested. Looking forward to a little more Jackson and Shaye in the next book and how their relationship develops. Also love that characters from past books come back in to visit like old friends .
Cynthia Donahey
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow

I have no idea how Jana goes from Gertie to Shaye, excellent mind! Read this in a day and a half, too good to put down! Excellent read, love Shaye and Jackson and now excited for Book 8.
Gwen Pace
Best Yet

Jana’s writing is amazing! The Shaye Archer series is one of the best! Jana never fails to surprise! I have yet to find one of her books that I can put down before finishing!
greg quaglia
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book deserves more than 5 stars!

Jana DeLeon has wrote another incredibly wonderful book! I really enjoy every one of the books in this series, each one gets better than the last! I am looking forward to the next one when it's released. Thank you for another amazing read!😊
Carmen Newsham
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another hit!

Shaye Archer series is a must read. If you haven’t read the series yet go start with book one and I guarantee you will quickly get sucked in . It’s a who done it murder mystery with an ongoing twist that is Shaye’s life. Looking forward to the next in the series!
Brian Thomas
Another great book.

Once again, Jana knocks it out of the park. Somehow every boom she writes.Is even better than the previous. Giving us chargers you can't help but become attached to.
Patricia
Love it

I can't get enough of Shaye Archer. I could not put the book down.. She is a strong fierce woman. Jana DeLeon books are my favorite.
These are keepers, stories have mystery, suspense and are scary....sad also. Love the characters. About time..the ending...
Kirsten
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great continuation of the series! Shaye is an amazing person who continues to grow, even after all she’s been through. This story had many characters, each with enough suspicious behaviour to make you really question who the bad guy could be. It was a great read!
Chris Pilgrim
Damned

I love the Shaye Archer series. Lots of great characters, suspense and enjoyable reading. Can't wait for Book 8!!! Jana DeLeon is one of my favorite authors.
Cheryl  Collins
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Another good installment in the Shaye Archer series.
Nicole
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Terrific! Interesting plot, well paced writing, and engaging characters. I can't wait for the next book in the Shaye Archer series.
Debbie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great mystery

Another great story leaving you suspecting everyone right up to the big reveal. Loved it! Can't wait for the next book.
Debbie Stephens
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series, love the characters. Great read.
Alma Winder
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another nail biter

Tension right up to the end. Really good storyline making you want to keep reading right to the end without putting book down. Can’t wait for Shaye’s next case
  • Cash Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #2)
  • A Good Bunch of Men: A Dickie Floyd Detective Novel
  • Next Time You See Me
  • Santa Fe Mojo (Vincent Malone #1)
  • Gemini Rising (Mischievous Malamute, #1)
  • The Devil Died at Midnight
  • The Phantom's Apprentice
  • Death In The Dark (A Sydney Rye Series, #2)
  • Crucible Steele (Daggers & Steele, #5)
  • The Hotel Detective (A Hotel Detective Mystery Book 1)
  • Deadly Kerfuffle
  • The Returns (The Returns, #1)
  • A Night at the Operation (Double Feature Mystery #3)
  • Graveyard Scavenger Hunt
  • The Farmer's Slaughter (Harley and Davidson #1)
  • "A" is for Actress (Malibu Mystery, #1)
  • Head Case
  • Try Dying
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more