Start by marking “In the Eye of the Wind” as Want to Read:
In the Eye of the Wind

In the Eye of the Wind

Born in the northern wastes of Kaleva in the middle of a devastating war between light and darkness, Rikko’ has found his way south to the warm shores of the Circled Sea, the first elver to ever turn pirate.

Forbidden by the rules of the Andalouan court to pursue such an ungentlemanly career, Gael can only dream of ever becoming a doctor, and his medical studies remain unf
Published January 16th 2019 by Evernight Publishing

To ask other readers questions about In the Eye of the Wind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Eye of the Wind

Joyfully Jay
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elizabeth
A Joyfully Jay review.

This is a genteel, romanticized version of pirates and pirate ships. Gael gets to see the blood and injuries of pirate attacks, and he suffers the lack of privacy that can only come from being on a ship of two hundred people, but he (and we) are spared the unpleasant parts of the story. There’s no mention of foul food or rough seas or even much detail about the life of a pirate. Gael is an optimist and we get to see the story through his rose-tinted glasses.

Gael b
Dieter Moitzi
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
Let me say right away: I genuinely enjoyed this novel. Less a fantasy romance than a nicely paced and gripping adventure-and-romance tale, it is set in an imaginary world that strikes as fairly familiar. I always seemed to almost recognize places from our own, very real world. Gael, for instance, is the nephew of the Andalouan queen—everything about Andaloua and its neighbours reminded me of Spain, some place names sounding outright Castillan or Catalan. Now, Gael is a young nobleman living a sh ...more
Katerina Ross
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Foreign shores, sea battles, a sophisticated one-eyed elf, a naive young doctor with family issues, and a lemur! It was a fun read (mixed with angst at times), in the elegant traditions of pirate fiction. And although it's a M/M story, the scene when Rikko' meets Queen Amata is most noteworthy :)
Jessie Pinkham
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rec-of-the-month
4.5 stars, rounded up for excellent voice.

This is a thoroughly enjoyable high seas tale with one of the most unique MCs I've read in a while (Rikko'). Now, during a formulative phase I saw Orlando Bloom as Legolas, which imprinted upon me an appreciation for blond elves, but Rikko' was a more interesting character. He's a delightful bundle of contradictions. Plus, his internal thoughts are very entertaining, and I do so enjoy when a character's voice draws me in.

Despite addressing some heavy t
Angela