Start by marking “Her Midnight Sin (Shadows and Silk #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Midnight Sin (Shadows and Silk #3)

Her Midnight Sin

(Shadows and Silk #3)

Like a vengeful Norse God, Captain John Nylander has come from the sea to steal the only home that Callie has ever known. And that might not be all he's after.

Can a Viking . . .

Published April 17th 2019 by Soul Mate Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Her Midnight Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Midnight Sin

Start your review of Her Midnight Sin (Shadows and Silk #3)
Barbara Rogers
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xx-2019-read
Series: Shadows and silk #3
Publication Date: 4/17/19
Number of Pages: 296

3.7 stars rounded up to 4

This was an interesting read with lovely characters from disparate backgrounds finding love and acceptance. The supporting characters such as Kip, Pierre and Jane were funny and interesting, but the villain left me scratching my head. Yes, he was a villain, but he thought he was doing right – well – right by villain standards anyway. I think that, in the end, I had more questions than answers – but I
Amanda
"Readers will be rooting for the characters all the way to the very end!"

Check out the full review at InD'Tale Magazine:

Sissy's Romance Book Review
Her Midnight Sin by Sofie Darling is book Three in the A Shadows and Silk Series. This is the story of Callie, the Dowager Viscountess St. Alban and Captain John Nylander. I haven't yet read the previous books, so for me this is a standalone book.
John was an orphan who took to a dangerous life now in the present day he is looking to make a home...something he has never had. John heads to his friend / 'brother' Jake, where he ends up getting sick. Callie was summons to Jake's house where she lea
E.
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, adult, historical

“Her Midnight Sin” by Sophie Darling is the third book in the ‘A Shadows and Silk novel’ series and centers around Lady Calpurnia (Callie) Radclyffe, the atypical Dowager Viscountess St. Alban, who is fighting to retain control of the estate that she has worked so hard to revive. Nylander, a sea captain who has overcome his harsh past but has not quite realized his dreams, as nebulous as they might be, becomes her unwitting nemesis. He is fascinated by Callie, but each of them faces di
Coco.V
Apr 13, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/12/2020)! 🎁
Brenda
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Like a vengeful Norse god, Captain John Nylander has come from the sea to steal the only home that Callie has ever known. And that might not be all he’s after.

Orphaned as a child, Nylander has never known a real home. Now he is ready to leave the dangers of his past behind and put down the roots he has always longed for. The only thing standing in his way is a lanky aristocratic lady who is more at home in breeches and on the farm than in the ballroom.

Never considered a beauty Callie, the Dowage
Sandra Spicher
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since he strode across the deck of a ship in the first Shadows and Silk book, I’ve been hankering for Nylander’s story. And Sofie Darling doesn’t disappoint!

Nylander’s counterpart Callie, who commits that delicious midnight sin—of course with the godlike, golden-haired captain—is a worthy opponent in the struggle over Wyldcombe Grange.

This book is a satisfying read on so many levels. Pirates! Intrigue! Irresistible attraction! As the secrets Callie and Nylander hold are revealed, their sim
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Pirates and swords and romance, oh my! There are secrets abound in Her Midnight Sin. I really like both Callie and Nylander’s personality.

Full Review - http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/reviews/...
Tracy Emro
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
John Nylander, captain of the Fortuyn is back in London and set on attending a dinner at the home of his foster brother and friend Jakob Radclyffe, the Viscount St. Alban. He has a lot on his mind, including the fact that his ship was trailed by the infamous pirate ship the Free Reaver - he wishes he didn't have to go to the dinner as he is not feeling well, but would never miss a chance to see Jake.

Calpurnia "Callie" Radclyffe has been summoned to London by Jake, she can't imagine what he wants
Becky
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, historical
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 4/21/19.

My first read from Ms. Darling, but definitely not my last!

It's apparently my weekend to read about unconventional heroines--I absolutely adored Callie. Though she grew up in a family that never went without and supposedly married "well" her history did everything it could to mess the poor woman up. She had every right to be proud of what she'd accomplished out at Wyldcombe Grange (and she was!) pretty much everything that had come before--especial
Rosie Amber
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Midnight Sin is a Regency romance. Callie is a widow, who currently runs Wyldcombe Grange in Devon. It’s part of Viscount St. Alban’s estate, and one he wishes to sell off. But it’s Callie’s home and she’s poured her heart into making it turn a profit; she can’t stand the thought of losing it all. In her haste to raise the funds to buy the property herself, Callie strikes a deal with a notorious pirate.

John Nylander is a law-abiding captain of The Fortuyn. An orphan, he was raised by Viscoun
Lori D
London, 1825 "If you're goin' to have a wife, you might as well tup her right." Wisdom courtesy of a father long lost to John Nylander but the essence of the sentiment had somehow stuck with him (paraphrased). Captain of his ship, the Fotuyn, he had worked his way up the line and even though he may no longer love his work, he did it well and put in his all.
His life was about to change, although he had no idea, and it would involve one Lady Calpurnia (love that name!) Radclyffe.

Will finish in a
Janet
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Her Midnight Sin by Sofie Darling is well-deserving of 5 stars! This book is truly impeccable, Darling' weaves such a beautiful tale of deep passion, love and lots of steam! The characters are just wonderful and Nylander would capture the heart of any woman! I truly loved this book and would highly recommend to all!
Leah
Apr 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received a free ARC of this novel via Hidden Gems in exchange for a honest review. My opinion is my own.

This is the third book in a series but it stood really well on its own. The storyline kept me interested the whole way through. The main characters were sweet and I really liked how they found each other. I enjoyed this story so much i think I'm going to go back and read the previous books.
InD'tale Magazine
Readers will be rooting for the characters all the way to the very end!

Read full review in the 2019 Nov issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Teddy Cat Hester
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all three of Sofie's books and the Regency world she's created! Smart, passionate, romantic, beautifully written. :-)
Beverly McCall
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Her Midnight Sin (Shadows and Silk, book 3) by Solfie Darling is the third book in this series. Set in the early 1820s in London and Somerset we meet two distinct characters from dissimilar backgrounds. The female lead, Callie is a young widow, the Dowager Viscountess of St. Alban knows a lot about disappointment. She is a strong character and does not fit the stereotype of a docile Regency woman. It is her dream to own manor, Wyldecombe Granger. She has managed it for the last five years and mo ...more
Enola M Bloomfield
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scrumptious

I need a Captain Nylander in my life. Callie was such a wonderful heroine. Her strength and forthrightness was illuminating. So happy they found each other. First time reading a Sofie Darling book. She did not disappoint.
Cherie Melbourne
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Her Midnight Sin

Not a bad read, I enjoyed the characters, although Callie drove me a little nuts at times. The suspense part of the story wasn't hard to work out, so there was no real intrigue for me.
This is a first Sofie Darling read for me and I'll try another story.
Marjorie
Apr 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful love story

I really loved this book as it had sort of a mystery to it, after being married to a US Navy sailor I know that love of the sea they had. The end came out good.
Louise
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Captain!

Having run the Estate since her husband had died and made a profit and then to be summoned to London to be told it was to be offered to his friend was adding insult to injury. She wanted the Estate herself but how!
Tom Prejsner
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romance

Thank you for sharing these wonderful romance novels series books. Please keep writing more of these wonderful books. Thank you
Mary Powers
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Love the characters especially Callie, a strong and hard working Dowager. The times keep women kept under a husband or make relatives scrutiny.
Jean Matlock
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great HOT book. Loved it...
Lili Trudeau
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely story
Janet Russell
Apr 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sailor who is a landlubber

A woman who lives her land and hard work but a lady of the realm. Can a lowly captain a son of a pirate win the heart of a lady
David Taylor
Apr 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All encompassing novel

This was a wonderful fearful story that wove in love, mystery, bootlegging, piracy and village life. It was a great read.
Carol
Jul 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Easy read

This had a lot of action as Callie tried to find money to buy a manor. Meanwhile there are twists and turns till she finally gets what she really desires
Dana Bonnici
Her Midnight Sin was not what I expected. It's the story of Callie, the widow of the previous Viscount
St Alban, who has been running Wyldcombe Grange since the passing of her husband, and John Nylander, a sea captain. Callie is strong willed and dedicated to improving the grange, so dedicated she would put aside her own morals in order to maintain her ownership of it.

I found this book really hard to rate. There isn't really anything glaringly wrong with it, no typos or annoying grammatical pro
Jamie Jack
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019, regency
The book opens as Captain Jake is supervising the unloading of his ship in London. He is to meet with his good friend, Viscount St. Albans. The nobleman intends to give the captain one of his properties. Unfortunately, that property is currently under the care of the Dowager Viscountess St. Albans. During her marriage and since the death of her husband, the Grange has been her project. She's brought it back into the black, and it is her life. She asked the current viscount to give her a month to ...more

• His Wicked Heart (Secrets & Scandals, #2)
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • What Would a Duke Do? (Seductive Scoundrels #4)
  • To Jilt a Corinthian (Friendship. #12)
  • Winning the Heart of the Mischievous Duke: Historical Regency Romance Novel
  • The Angel of an Astronomer (The Heirs of the Aristocracy Book 1)
  • Duke of Havoc (Dukes of Destiny #1)
  • Scandal's Bride
  • Rescued by an Earl (The Duke's Daughters, #3)
  • An Unexpected Gentleman (The Haverston Family Trilogy Book 2)
  • A Secret Deal with the Devilish Baron
  • The Last Offer (The Dunne Family, #1)
  • Lords Of Night Street Collection: Books 1-4
  • My Forbidden Duchess (The Man of My Dreams #3)
  • Protecting Lady Esther (The King's League, #1)
  • Too Tempting to Resist (Gothic Love Stories, #3)
  • Highland Hope (Wild Thistle Trilogy, #1)
  • Redeeming the Earl (Perfect Series Companion, #3)
Sofie Darling is an award-winning author of historical romance. Her debut novel, THREE LESSONS IN SEDUCTION, won the Writers’ League of Texas’ Manuscript Contest in the Romance Category in 2016.
She spent much of her twenties raising two boys and reading every book she could get her hands on. Once she realized she simply had to write the books she loved, she finished her English degree and embarked

Shadows and Silk (4 books)
  • Three Lessons in Seduction (Shadows and Silk #1)
  • Tempted by the Viscount (Shadows and Silk #2)
  • To Win a Wicked Lord (Shadows and Silk #4)