Start by marking “The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)

The Princess Will Save You

(Kingdoms of Sand and Sky #1)

The Princess Will Save You is a YA fantasy adventure inspired by The Princess Bride, in which a princess must rescue her stable boy true love, from the acclaimed author of Sea Witch, Sarah Henning.

When a princess’s commoner true love is kidnapped to coerce her into a political marriage, she doesn’t give in—she goes to rescue him.

When her warrior father, King Sendoa, myster
Published July 7th 2020 by Tor Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Princess Will Save You, please sign up.
Gabrielle oh awesome I thought it looked liked Charlie's work... it made me do a double take when looking through new books to read :D
…more
(less)

Start your review of The Princess Will Save You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #1)
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
Dear Future Me,

Listen up bitch. Don’t forget about this book.

Sincerely, Past Me
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

'Twas another buddy read with Tabi, who ditched me for the last one...HARRUMPH! :P

description

Where do I even start with my disappointment??? Let me just start off by saying that The Princess Bride is my second-favourite movie of ALL TIME. Second only to The Adventures of Robin Hood with the iconic, Errol Flynn. This was one of my most anticipated releases and ... I regret hyping this up for myself. It seems that Robin Ho
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
This has nothing to do with Princess Bride. Will people stop with that crap....

I was back and forth for a bit with the book because I’m in some kind of book slump crisis crap thing!!

Anyway, I loved ole what’s her head. I thought she was a good bad ass girl with a good head on her shoulders. Oh and she killed some bad people.

I loved the secondary characters as well! I do look forward to the next book and damn if the cover of that book isn’t awesome too!! Charlie Bowater!! I still want her to se
jessica
ive never read/seen ‘the princess bride,’ so i cant make any comments as to how to this compares as a retelling. so coming at this from strictly a YA perspective, this is okay. not terrible, but nothing special either.

this has everything you could want from this kind of story. cute romance between a princess and a commoner, high adventure while trying to rescue the boy she loves, and political scheming between neighbouring kingdoms. its all there, but its nothing new, nothing i havent read befo
Leah Waters
The Princess Will Save You was one of my most anticipated reads of 2020. And guys, it was PERFECT.

This book is everything. The main character is such a badass, I loved her from page 1. She's smart, confident, brave, and compassionate--and she's an awesome debater and can fight. But she's not unreachable either, and despite being so amazing, I really related to her. Luca is so sweet--I wanted to charge in and save him alongside Amarande.

And the plot! Fast-paced, with action, and political intri
C.G. Drews
I'm getting concerned where the lines are for "retelling" vs...um, plagiarism. (Also how is the Princess Bride allowed to be retold when it's not out of copyright yet? Genuinely curious.) ...more
megs_bookrack
ARC received!!!

Thank you, Tor. I am so excited to get to this one!

Original:

I had no idea this story inspired by The Princess Bride!!

Now that I do, there is nothing that shall stop me from getting this for my shelves!

Inconceivable and exciting!!!
Sarah Henning
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Watch this space for pre-order swag <3
♠ TABI⁷ ♠
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss, netgalley
another buddy read (I tried) with the fabulous Helena!

DNF @ 30% because apparently instead of being INSPIRED BY The Princess Bride this is instead LOOSELY INSPIRED and comes across as claiming to be whole milk but is, in fact, 2% milk which tastes really nothing like whole milk at all.

description

I'll try to pick this up again when I can get my hands on a physical copy, but consider me highly disappointed, staring sorrowfully at the wreckage of my ruined expectations.

I received a digital ARC from Tor Teen v
Lindsay (pawsomereads)
"A princess, a stableboy, a quest"
Say no more, that's literally all I need to hear
Victoria BookLover
Thank you thank you thank you Tor Teen for sending me a copy of this!!!

The Princess Will Save You was a wonderfully done retelling of the Princess Bride. It had all the elements of good storytelling for me: wonderful writing, ship-worthy romance, political intrigue, and action.

Lets just jump right in. Spoilers ahead.

So this book took me completely by surprise. If you see reviews of the books I’ve been reading, you know that I just haven’t cared about any of them really, which sucks because the
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
ME:Well, I guess after seeing this cover I’ll have to read it.
BRAIN:But why don’t you first read the synopsis and see if you...?
ME: NO! Look at that cover!
BRAIN:But...
ME:PRETTY. COVER. ME. NEED. IT.
BRAIN:*sighs* Here we go again...

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
Lea (drumsofautumn)
my bookstagram picture with the cover on ipad

“True love is already yours. True love is the most powerful force on this earth—we just forget it because those with power here deal in fear rather than love. ”

The Princess Will Save You is a YA Fantasy that, while feeling very familiar in a lot of ways, is quite a refreshing take on the genre.

I absolutely loved Sarah Henning's debut novel, Sea Witch. It was one of my favourite books of 2018, and so I was very excited to read a new book by this author and I did not end up being disap
Grace
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
I am... torn.

As you may gather from the title, this book is not subtle. It's all about turning a popular narrative on its head, and that popular narrative is The Princess Bride.

I did not realize this until about sixty percent through the book. Up until that point, Amarande was just a sixteen-year-old princess in the process of figuring out just how unprepared she was for the job of taking her late father's throne. She's one of those "I'm ruthless, I'm a devastating warrior, I've been training f
Erica (storybookend)
Ah nostalgia, you are a lovely friend. I only needed to hear “The Princess Bride retelling” to know I would love this book. And I did indeed love The Princess Will Save You.

What I loved most was that it wasn’t a direct retelling. Their names weren’t Buttercup and Westley and there weren’t ROUSs (rodents of unusual sizes for you uncultured swine! I’m totally kidding 😂 But really, if you haven’t seen The Princess Bride, you should rectify that immediately! 😁)

It was a close enough retelling that y
shre ♡
May 06, 2020 marked it as to-read
i see a charlie bowater cover, i add it to the list. that's it. that's the review. ...more
Cindy ✩☽♔
Nov 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Omg, how did I not hear of this sooner!? Also, covers like this are really warming me up to cover models 💕 But not gonna lie, I will forever associate this cover font with The Folk of the Air trilogy ✨
Alaina
Second time read and review.

Guys! I am so excited that I dove back into this book because now I'm beyond pumped to dive into my ARC of the next one. It also doesn't hurt that I recently re-watched the princess bride either because I was LOVING the vibes I was getting. I think maybe today is the day that I fall in love with all my books because I was just really enjoying this one.

It also doesn't hurt that I enjoyed the crap out of this the first time around either. So it's safe to assume that I
Alexandra
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
I received an e-ARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Review will also be available on my blog *Milky Way of Books* on 17/6/2020

Kilikina
A PRINCESS
A STABLE BOY
A QUEST

"And nothing will stop her from saving her true love and rescuing her kingdom. The acclaimed author of Sea Witch turns the classic damsel-in-distress tale on its head with this story of adventure, identity, and love."

Maddie
Actual Rating: 3.5 stars

This was one of my most anticipated books of 2020 (I'll admit, a lot of that had to do with the cover) and while I'm not... disappointed exactly, I am a little let down. It wasn't that this book wasn't good, because it was. But it also wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I feel like this could have been done SO much better. I mean, gender-swapped Princess Bride retelling? The potential is through the roof.

But I feel like it's important to understand one thing: This did
Rachel Kathryn Wright
This book upset me a bit, I was expecting to really enjoy this. All of the plot twists were given away in the author trying to foreshadow or hint. Everything that happened did not surprise me, but I did enjoy the story line until the final chapter. I just wished that it wasn’t as predictable. The characters I really liked and thought they were enjoyable to see grow. The only slight bit of criticism I have with the characters is the growth of the relationship, we know these characters have been f ...more
✩ Yaz ✩
2.5 - ⭐️⭐️💫

The Princess Will Save You is a reversed retelling of the beloved classic The Princess Bride

While I’m not the biggest fan of the movie nor did I read the original novel, I was excited to learn that this will be a unique retelling of it.

Well... not exactly

• The Writing is mediocre although it caught me in the beginning it just fell flat to me later.

• The Plot is very predictive due to the fact that the author did not steer far from how the events unfolded in the original tale which w
Sara Saif
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: eh, 2020

Through the haze of monotony and tears of boredom, I think I appreciated what this book was trying to do.

It was lacklustre, humourless, and predictable to boot. The lead characters had less chemistry than two blocks of stone. Oh, they were childhood sweethearts, how funking original. The book's plot is basically one giant rescue mission and honestly, I've never read something less unexciting in my life.

The world-building isn't anything spectacular either, made all the more dreary by stupid kingd
Stay Fetters
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"True love is the most powerful force on this earth- we just forget it because those with power here deal in fear rather than love."

The Princess Bride is a classic and was an instant favorite when I was younger and it still is to this day. So when I heard that Henning was writing a strong feminist retelling, I was nervously excited because those are some pretty big shoes to fill. But Henning stepped up to the plate, knocked it out of the park, and left me in awe.

What if Buttercup saved Westley?
Caidyn (he/him/his)
I received a physical ARC from TorTeen in exchange for an honest review!

CW: sexism, kidnapping, physical injury, murder, death, and betrayal

4.5/5

Each book I read by Sarah Henning gets better. And ever since I heard about this one, it's been on my TBR. I feel so grateful I was able to snag an ARC and I can't wait to see the finished copy! So glad that I have it preordered.

This book has multiple POVs, but it mainly follows Princess Amarande. One day, her father dies. It's a surprise and completely
Morgan (dragonsandpages)
Oof...... I’m......... underwhelmed.

If you want to get me interested in reading a book, have Charlie Bowater design the cover. I mean, seriously, did you LOOK at that cover. Going into this my expectations weren’t set as high as others I have seen surrounding this book. I have never actually seen Princess Bride *gasp*, so I was not as bought into the hype.
When I started this book, it was off to a decent, if not predictable start. We have a princess whose father dies and she has to marry to bec
Vee
Jan 26, 2020 marked it as want-to-read-new
(view spoiler) ...more
Joey
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
Too cliche for me sorry 🤷‍♂️

Cass
Nov 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 53%

I'm so very underwhelmed. I was really excited about this book, but I found it boring and really hard to get through.

I tried, I really tried to get through it (for 53 days) and it didn't work out.

Things I had problems with:

Amarande - Sure, she's strong, but she's naive to how the outer world really is (and she doesn't admit that to herself either)

The Love Story - There wasn't any build up to the love. Everyone just knew that they were in love. There wasn't any romantic tension, I did

• Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2)
  • Cilka's Journey (The Tattooist of Auschwitz, #2)
  • Vengeful (Villains, #2)
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • The Starless Sea
  • Edgedancer (The Stormlight Archive, #2.5)
  • Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
  • A Single Thread
  • Fence, Vol. 1
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Sun Is Also a Star
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness #1)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • Weather
  • Shadows of Self (Mistborn, #5)
  • Vicious (Villains, #1)
Sarah Henning is a recovering journalist who has worked for the Palm Beach Post, Kansas City Star and Associated Press, among others. While in South Florida, Sarah lived and worked through five hurricanes, which gave her an extreme respect for the ocean. When not writing, she runs ultramarathons, hits the playground with her two kids and hangs out with her husband Justin, who doubles as her long-s ...more

Kingdoms of Sand and Sky (2 books)
  • The Queen Will Betray You (Kingdoms of Sand and Sky, #2)