Start by marking “Shattered (Hostage Rescue Team, #11)” as Want to Read:
Shattered (Hostage Rescue Team, #11)

Shattered

(Hostage Rescue Team #11)

Servare Vitas.

To save lives. For the men of the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team, it’s not just a motto; it’s a creed they live by. Nobody knows that better than Special Agent Nate “Doc” Schroder, the team medic. As a former Pararescueman, Nate is accustomed to going into harm’s way to save people—including his wife, Taya—no matter the risk to his own life. But when a
Published November 16th 2017 by Kaylea Cross Inc. (first published November 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

Start your review of Shattered (Hostage Rescue Team, #11)
Jonetta
FBI Special Agent Nate (Doc) Schroeder is the team medic on the Hostage Rescue Team. He epitomizes optimism, the one person who can lift everyone’s spirits in the most dire situations. Now that he’s married to Taya, the love of his life and the woman he helped rescue years ago, Nate’s light shines even brighter. And, because of his specialized role on the team, he’s always the first to run into danger when there’s someone needing rescue. Unfortunately, in this latest tragedy, his natural ...more
Dísir
Kaylea Cross’s HRT series has always been one that I’d enjoyed straight after her Bagram books because those felt fresh and different, so it’s probably something I’ll look back on fondly for this reason. I’d been feeling rather lukewarm at the moment about Cross’s DEA FAST books of late because they seem too much like a rinse and repeat of the HRT series, so ‘Shattered’ return to this world was more than a pleasant surprise and also a good reminder of why I like that particular group so much, ...more
Mags
4.25

I really enjoyed Shattered and it was great to catch up with so many of the Hostage Rescue Team Members and their wives/girlfriends. Even if in some cases its very brief. But there are a few who feature more heavily including Zoe and Clay, Tuck and Celida and Nate and Taya. Who are the main focus of this story and this story was good. As it had pockets of action, laughter and tears. Plus it really reminded me how good this series is and anyone who is a fan is sure to enjoy it too.
Edna
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good addition to the series
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-dhasg
This was an ok but unnecessary read in my opinion. The last book ended so perfectly with the team all settled down, healthy and happy and it would have been a great series finale. But no, here is one more short story with an op gone wrong which ends with Taya and Doc again in turmoil. Why? Sure it is fun to check in with everyone but this novella was pointless.
Wild_irish_rose
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this look into what's going on with HRT.
Angela
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a short and sweet novella (read it in a few hours) and I loved it because it was very different than the rest of the HRT series. This was not about the men rushing in to save the day when one of their women find themselves in danger. This one was about one of the men finding themselves in harm's way.

We revisit Taya and Nate in this one. Taya has just found out she's pregnant and she and Nathan are happier than ever. Then a situation in Atlanta develops and the HRT Team is going to be
Ginny
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the HRT team series and Nate is one of my favorite characters. Such a haunted man but a heart that is so caring and giving. Taya is his perfect match she knows what a kind hearted man he is and how much of the hurt of others he takes on. It was great to see the other couples in this book and see how they are growing together and the families are building. I was emotionally drained as Taya and Nate worked through his injuries and fears. It was brutal to see how much it hurt both of them ...more
Donna Ferriola
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered

This was a fantastic novella in the Hostage Rescue Team series with Nate (Doc) fight for his life after a near fatal plane crash as they were on the way to an op in Georgia which killed the pilots after a from caused the crash. He had gone back to save the pilots but in the end his teammates had to help to save him. His team was by his side supporting him as he was recovering from his serious injuries and never let him give up hope. They were also there for Taya, Nate's pregnant wife.
Dawn Cruikshank
Shattered

OMG! This is a very intense story. The beginning few chapters were totally gripping and sad. I had tears in my eyes for Nate's horrific situation. He was the most seriously injured with Vance a close second in the accident. I still felt bad that lives were snuffed out because of carelessness. My heart was hurting for both Nate and Taya. I was cheering for Nate until the good news was shown towards the end of the book. I am so happy Nate did not die & has almost returned to normal.
Lea
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A reminder to appreciate what one has

This book is a stirring story of love and friendship. Readers of the HRT series will be flooded with memories of each couple's romance as well as the brotherhood between our sexy, Alpha male heroes. This is important because when tragedy strikes and the unthinkable happens, it's love and friendship that get you through it. Remember that you have more strength than you realize to ensure the unexpected. Stay positive, you heel faster!

Kaylea, this book was
Michelle
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome!

As usual Kaylea Cross delivers another really good read!
There is plenty said in the blurb and with others reviews. Plus I absolutely hate wrecking the "read"for others.
Been with this and all her other series from the beginning, I loved that you showed that real life happens with these men and women.
Kaylea, could have gone either way with this story .
You have to read it. If you have not read a HRT book yet so so they really are awesome! Thanks K Cross ! Can't wait for the next.
Elisa
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic short story from my favourite HRT team that literally let me Shattered.

Nate and Taya, Sawyer and Carmelita, Ethan and Marisol, Bauer and Zoe, Matt and Briar and everyone else were back in an explosive short story that hit all the right buttons for me action, adventure, drama and a lot of me holding my breath as I turned the next page...lol
I love Mamma Cruz the most she is freakin awesome
Libby is going to be a star such a cutie
and the ending was funny, wonderful and just plain
Jacqueline
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phe
4 Stars - Shattered is an adult romantic suspense thriller by Kaylea Cross and the 11th book in her Hostage Rescue Team series.

This novella is an intense, emotional story in which a careless act leads to tragedy for the HRT team and their families.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the story, it felt a bit rushed in places. It would have made a great full length novel if the author had delved a little deeper.

Tracey Warren
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an incredible ride!

This novella brings the guys back with their ladies. Sudden change of plan, innocent incident changes things for several of the team, a couple more than the others. Doc and Taya face the hardest challenges, biggest changes, will it ever be the same? Will they make it? Action packed, heart wrenching, insight into the team, their world and the risks. A captivating serious page turner, a must read.
Rose Boniello
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can’t put this down!

Nathan & Taya have been my favorite couple in the HRT series. I’ve reread their story many times. This story had me twisted up from page 1. I love the family feel of this group of brothers and their women. They support each other in amazing ways. This was a tough story — hated seeing Nathan and Taya struggle and suffer like this. But with love and support from their families, it ended with lots of smiles and joy!
Janet D. Murphy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered

Always great to catch up with the HRT guys. Nate and Tata great couple and so on love and great news headed their way. Then the unthinkable happens to Nate but can he overcome and trust that life will work out and learn to just appreciate what a great love he has in Taya!

Great read!!!
Valorie
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG.......................................... This was tooooooo short!!!!!! It was sooo good though. At one point I was laughing so hard at the guys ribbing one another, and on another I was tearing up! I am usually tough on the outside, but the events shook me. Again, Thank you for another exciting book! Keep them coming. Fan for life!!!!
Elizabeth
Too short

I read this in about an hour, I know I'm a fast reader but it was really short. It's a continuation of Taya and Nate's story that was one of my favourites of the series.
It's a good storyline, characterisation is as good as always. There is a HEA. I just wish it had been longer and more developed.
Debra
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shattered!

One irresponsible act lead to devastating results for an entire HRT team. In the aftermath, one team member has to struggle to reconnect with his life before depression overtakes him. Only with patience, time, and the love of his wife and teammates is Nate able to find his safe place again!
Teresa
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book

I love this series and was so happy to discover this book was released.

The main characters, Nate and Taya Schroder, are so great. The battle that Nate fights in this book is a hard one and I loved how Taya supported him.

I look forward to the next book in the series.
Dawn
Shattered

I absolutely love this series....geck who am I kidding? I love HRT, Bagram Ops and the romantic suspense boojs too. I've read them All. I really hope this isn't the last of this series!
S. R. Lewis
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tragedy and triumph

I love the characters and the stories in this series. This book focuses particularly on a serious injury to Nate and the way he and Taya deal with it. But it all ends well. Entertaining book.
Nici
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, read2018
Wow, what a read... It was great to see these guys again. I think it's good that not everything is perfect and that there can happen bad things like that accident. I really like these series and hope there will be more... :)
Deborah
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was nice catching up with the team. It just shows you how love can help you endure many things. Nothing like the love of a great woman and a very supportive team to get you through the worst time of your life.
Laurie Gyd
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romance and loyalty

Brotherhood and family, love with romance, being at each others sides for support during the rough times is everything to these families. Each couple share their experience. Romantic and emotional
Jodi
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaylea Cross has done it again
Sandra Webb
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really good book. A great addition to the series. Loved the storyline and of course, the HEA ending.
Judy K Stroud
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short

I read this in less than 90 minutes. Way to short. Story was rushed, could have lasted longer with more meat in the body...
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 2 5 Feb 09, 2020 06:43PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question I 2 2 Feb 09, 2020 06:42PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question G 2 3 Feb 09, 2020 06:36PM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question F 2 4 Feb 09, 2020 10:58AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question E 2 3 Feb 09, 2020 10:57AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question D 2 3 Feb 09, 2020 10:54AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question C 2 3 Feb 09, 2020 10:53AM

• Dangerous Witness (Redemption Harbor #3)
  • HOT SEAL Bride (HOT SEAL Team #4)
  • Innocent Target (Redemption Harbor #4)
  • Bishop's Endgame (Endgame Trilogy #3)
  • Hot Secrets (Hostile Operations Team, #13)
  • Savage Rising (Redemption Harbor #2)
  • Hot Angel (Hostile Operations Team, #12)
  • Delta: Ricochet (Delta #4)
  • Chasing Vengeance (Redemption Harbor, #7)
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)
  • HOT SEAL Target (HOT SEAL Team #6)
  • Resurrection (Redemption Harbor #1)
  • Cowboy (SEAL Team Alpha, #3)
  • Hard Asset (Cobra Elite, #2)
  • HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team #7)
  • Forsaken Duty (Red Team #9)
  • Hot Justice (Hostile Operations Team, #14)
  • Bishop's Queen (Endgame Trilogy, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Kaylea Cross writes edge-of-your-seat military romantic suspense. Her work has won many awards and has been nominated for both the Daphne du Maurier and the National Readers’ Choice Awards. A Registered Massage Therapist by trade, Kaylea is also an avid gardener, artist, Civil War buff, Special Ops aficionado, belly dance enthusiast and former ...more

Hostage Rescue Team (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Marked  (Hostage Rescue Team #1)
  • Targeted  (Hostage Rescue Team #2)
  • Hunted (Hostage Rescue Team #3)
  • Disavowed (Hostage Rescue Team #4)
  • Avenged (Hostage Rescue Team #5)
  • Exposed (Hostage Rescue Team #6)
  • Seized (Hostage Rescue Team #7)
  • Wanted (Hostage Rescue Team, #8)
  • Betrayed (Hostage Rescue Team #9)
  • Reclaimed (Hostage Rescue Team #10)