Start by marking “Passion and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #2)” as Want to Read:
Passion and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #2)

Passion and Ink

(Sweetest Taboo #2)

Blackballed from my job.

Moved back to my hometown with my tail between my legs and family issues crushing my back.

Slinging drinks in a dive bar.

Yes, the past year has been hell. So when a man who’s temptation wrapped in golden skin and sin offers me one night of no-holds barred, dirty sex, I’m all in. I deserve it.

But now those few unforgettable hours have me facing bla
Published February 18th 2019 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Scorched)

To ask other readers questions about Passion and Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion and Ink

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
I want to be consumed by him until there’s nothing left but ash and the fragrance of sex, of us, left.

It's no secret that I love a good forbidden/taboo romance but the stepbrother trope has never really been my thing. But after loving every other book by Naima Simone, I couldn't help but give this a chance. The cover had nothing to do with that decision either (*ducks for lightning to strike*). What? It's a hot cover. Get off mah tits, here!

So what can I tell you about this book? Naim
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I'm a fan of the author and like her writing style. She's able to put difficult and real situations into her stories drawing the reader into a different world for a bit. Passion and Ink is no exception.

The story is a bit on the taboo side but I didn't think it was that offputting. Jude and Cypress never grew up as siblings so I don't get to bent out of shape over their relationship.

Jude is at an impasse over his career, ex-girlfriend and family. He's longing to break free from the shadows of h
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
I have read a lot of stepbrother stories but honestly I think Naima Simone's story is one of the best I've read!! Passion & Ink was STEAMY as all hell but also so emotional with many different facets. I loved Jude and Cypress and their connection. I was consumed and read this story in one sitting! It was absolutely phenomenal!!

Without giving away any spoilers, Jude and Cypress met one another at turning points in their lives. But after a chance meeting and a combustible night of passion, the
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
How Naima Simone managed to completely captured me on the first page is amazing to me. I think I snapped at my hubby (just a little) because he tried to talk to me at one (of the SEVERAL) part when it got particularly (and deliciously) intense. From the instant and intense attraction Jude and Cypress feel towards each other, to the heart-wrenching emotional and familial baggage they're each dealing with, to the slightly taboo nature of their relationship (step siblings FTW), to the considerate w ...more
Ivy Deluca
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
This is the second book in the Sweetest Taboo series, and features the taboo of the stepbrother romance. Now, I’m usually not into the stepbrother romance thing, but I gotta say this is most definitely working the chemistry between the characters and giving it that slightly dirty edge. It’s hotfire as far as the sex is concerned, no doubt and if that's all you need from this, you can stop here and know that you'll enjoy those scenes.

Jude and Cypress meet at a bar and have a insanely hot
Ayekah
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Holy Mother of Hotness! This book! Forget the cold shower and just jump into a tub of ice, this kindle scorching book was off the hook. Passion my arce, this was outright down and dirty. Jude and Cypress are probably one of the hottest couples out there today.
These two meet at the bar where she is currently working, licking her wounds after leaving a job that has left her doubting herself, untrusting of others, broke, and wounded. Trying to get herself together while also tending to her needy a
Born To Read
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
I received a free copy via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Cypress works in a dive bar in Chicago. And one night, a god is sitting at one of the tables. Jay.
What she doesn't know is that Jay is actually Jude, her stepbrother.
And being with him will have consequences. But they can't fight the attraction they feel.
The book is ok. It loses strenght in the middle but the end is good. I hadn't read the previous book in this series. And although I was not really lost, there were some refere
Christina
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

This is the second installment of this series and although it could be read as a stand-alone, don’t. You’ll get a better feel for the characters if this is read in sequence.

After reading this author for the first time with the debut book in this series, I was hooked. Not only was the story line compelling enough to keep my interest engaged, the way it was written and told was perfect. So when I saw that this book was out, I
Timitra
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rated 4.5 Stars

I loved Passion and Ink. It's the perfect blend of taboo, filthy and emotion. I thoroughly enjoyed Jude and Cypress' journey and highly recommend it.

Copy provided by publisher through Net Galley
 Reading In Pajamas
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review: PASSION AND INK (Sweetest Taboo Book 2) by Naima Simone https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-b2p
Publication Date: February 18, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 4 Stars

This is a smoking hot erotic romance that still manages to portray feelings and barriers. I do wish there was more talking and less of the long-winded descriptor sentences. I enjoyed the interaction with the characters, including secondary ones. The problems this couples faced was not because of th
Smart Women Read Romance
**4 stars**

Passion and Ink continues the Sweetest Taboo series with Jude, the brother of Knox (I love him so much <3) and fellow tattoo artist.

Jude is dealing with living under the shadow of his brother's reputation as an MMA fighter and tattoo artist. He wants to make a name for himself, but that's hard to do when you're carrying around as much baggage as poor Jude.

Needing to blow off some steam after a stressful week, Jude notices a gorgeous new waitress - Ro - at his regular hang out and
Kahea
*5 ‘You’re You’ Stars***

After finishing Sin & Ink I couldn’t wait to get my hands on the next book, so when Passion & Ink surfaced I immediately said “Gimme” and I wasn’t disappointed in any way. This book had it all for me. Sweet, swoon worthy moments that made my heart melt, smexy ones that had the panties dissolving and even a few growly ones that had me reaching for a spoon, but all of them kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next and has me jonesing for more.

Imma sa
Maida
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow-Wow-Wow-Wow-Wow! Passion and Ink is my favorite of the series so far.

Hot but tender. Angsty but not dreary. Deep and nuanced. Dirty and oh. so. sweet. All elements of the story are balanced. Jude and Cypress are both immensely likable and relatable. Two people with lots of baggage between them yet they dealt with their problems individually and with support from the other. They're mature characters who face their crises head-on, who express their wants and needs, who act with a purpose.

I l
Janelle
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, romance, cbr11
I had just finished another Naima Simone book a day or two before I spotted this available on Netgalley. I really enjoyed the other book and immediately requested this one. (So, standard disclaimer: I was provided a complimentary copy of this book via NetGalley in order to facilitate a review.)

I'm sorry to say I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other Simone book.

Let's start with what went right. This book is hot! The sex scenes! Simone knows what she is doing with these sex scenes! If you a
Maria Rose
If you do a social media survey of which current romance authors write the hottest sex scenes, there’s a more than reasonable likelihood that Naima Simone will be on that list. Her tales run the gamut from suspenseful, to emotional, to fun and flirty but never fail to entertain. With her entries in the Sweetest Taboo series, she skirts the line of forbidden romance in steamy, thought-provoking stories. Passion & Ink stars a couple bonded by family who must carve out their own happy ending, n ...more
Alecia ~☆~The Staircase Reader~☆~
description
***4.5 Stars***

Passion and Ink is the second book in the Sweet Taboo series by Naima Simone. It is also the second book I have read by this author.

I read Sin and Ink before it released and I was blown the freak away, so when I saw Passion and Ink was available to request, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind. I needed this book, and I am so freaking thrilled that I was given an arc to read.

Passion and Ink is Jude (Knox's younger brother) and Cypress's story.

If you all are unaware of who Cypres
Courtney
Namia Simone is an author I've been hearing more and more about, and I enjoyed the first book in this series, Sin and Ink. So, when I found Passion and Ink on NetGalley, you can bet I jumped at the chance to find out what happens next in the Gordon family saga. I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review, and – as the three-star rating indicates – I liked it.

The writing is top notch, including a lot of inner monologuing, so the reader really thinks and feels right along with the character
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Passion and Ink by Naima Simone is book Two in the Sweetest Taboo Series. This is the story of Cypress and Jude. I have read the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so. Cypress and Jude are both having family and career issues along with other bad baggage. They come together for one hot night of no promises and just need. But things are so easy because they feel more than just that night but a relationship would be somewhat taboo since they are step-brot ...more
Christine
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
After reading Sin and Ink and now Passion and Ink, I am fully convinced of two things: Naima Simone can write smoking hot, angtsy, super charged sexual showdowns and the Gordon men come from one really messed up family. The bitter, poisonous family melodrama that divided Knox and Eden from the Gordon family in the first book now threatens Jude's future with Cypress; I can only hope the Gordons get their act together by baby brother Simon's book.

Unlike big brother Knox's taboo sin of following f
Jeannine
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am really liking this series. I liked Jude from the first book so I was glad that he was gettting his turn. And of course this is another super hot and sexy one. There is some mental health issues going on with this one, one top of all the family drama. But there’s a nice balance between the heavy and the sexy which was nice. I can’t wait to read more.
Taylor
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something Sweetly Unexpected

There’s things you expect going into a novel when you’ve read a certain author before... but this book... this book caught me so off guard in the least expected way. It took about half a day to figure out what this stirred up inside of me... and then I burst into tears. It wasn’t even what people probably think it’s about... no this is about the relationship, or lack thereof, Cypress has with her father... there was something so personal in those passages that it str
Karen's Bookshelf
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-ir-reads
Passion and Ink is book 2 in the Sweetest Taboo series and since I loved the first book, I was really looking forward to the second book. Jude and Cypress are supposed to have just one night together and then go their separate ways. That's not easy for either of them to do when they can't get that night off there minds, and of course there's the fact that they are kind of related. '
Jude and Cypress''s relationship is a little forbidden as they are step siblings, but it's also intensely hot and h
Megan
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very emotional and poignant. It's about rising above the lessons you were taught in childhood, and embracing your own life, flaws, hurts, happiness, and all. It's about forgiveness, and loyalty, loss, and going after what you want, regardless of the consequences. It was so good.

Jude Gordon is an amazing tattoo artist, but he's always felt as though he was in his older brother Knox's shadow. Knox was a famous MMA fighter, and now he owns the tattoo shop that Jude works in. Even tho
Michelle
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-arc, 2019
I'm going to do my best to do justice to this story. We'll start with the fact that I think the author has written her best book to date. For this reader, this book perfectly showcased how love and acceptance can break through walls that keep us from living our best lives.

I'll start with my feelings about the heroine, Cypress. Walls built upon walls, she's under the impression that she's keeping herself safe by remaining distant from others. Her journey was at times painful to follow because I
Sandy S
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars-

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 18, 2019

Blackballed from my job.

Slinging drinks in a dive bar.

But now those few unforgettable hours have me facing blackmail from my own father: He'll pay for my mom's medical bills, but
Lubnaa

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
"You don't complete me. I do that for myself. But you...you add to me."

I almost broke my finger requesting this ARC from NetGalley because it was Sin and Ink that had led me to Naima Simone last year. I'll be honest with everyone: I am not the biggest fan of the one night stand premise in romance novels. I have read a couple of romances (contemporary and historical) based on this trope and generally speaking, they left me with mixe
Michaelene
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Naima Simone's books! I've been a fan for a long time, and each new release has me gobbling it straight through. Passion and Ink was no different.

I actually forgot who Cypress was going to be to Jude in this taboo romance, and when it came about, I did a happy dance because heck, yes!! Cypress is down on her luck and working at a bar when she meets Jay at one of her tables. The chemistry crackles from the very first and despite Cypress's misgivings about getting invested again,
Cathy Geha
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Passion & Ink by Naima Simone
Sweetest Taboo #2

Cypress and Jude meet one night in a bar – she is waiting tables and he is a client. Instant connection with one night of passion and no expectations only to meet again over a family dinner table. This is a somewhat predictable story and the continuation of a series that seems to do with the Gordon brothers finding their partners. I believe there is only Simon left but...am not sure where the series might go after Simon gets his story.

Anyway...t
Norah Gibbons
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. Passion And Ink by Naima Simone is the second book in her Sweetest Taboo series. It can be read as a stand-alone, characters from the first book do briefly appear in this one. Cypress Keller has moved back home to Chicago from California after her mother suffers a heart attack, to make ends meet she is working as a waitress in a dive bar and the hot guy she takes home for a one night stand turns out to be her ...more
LianaReads blog
Honestly i haven't read many stepbrother romance but because i was hooked from Sin and Ink, i wanted to know Jude's story and of course, i was in for a treat.
Cypress is the perfect heroine that has flows, makes mistakes and tries so hard to get over and live her life the best she can as also has a big heart because she loves her family even if her father is making it hard for her to find her happiness.
After a hot as hell, one night stand with a gorgeous man, she finds out that actually that man
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
USA Today Bestselling author Naima Simone’s love of romance was first stirred by Johanna Lindsey, Sandra Brown and Linda Howard many years ago. Well not that many. She is only eighteen…ish. Though her first attempt at a romance novel starring Ralph Tresvant from New Edition never saw the light of day, her love of romance, reading and writing has endured. Published since 2009, she spends her days—a ...more

Sweetest Taboo (2 books)
  • Sin and Ink (Sweetest Taboo, #1)