Start by marking “Romancing His Rival” as Want to Read:
Romancing His Rival

Romancing His Rival

(Accidentally Yours #3)

Hopeless romantic Elena Mason doesnt often hate people, but she hates her ex-fiancés insufferable best man, Lucas Albright III. She just knows Lucas is the one who talked her ex out of getting marriedso Lucas is clearly the cause of all her problems.

And now shes expected to work with him? Oh, heck no.

Lucas Albright wants nothing more than to make partner at his
Published February 11th 2019 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about Romancing His Rival, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing His Rival

Start your review of Romancing His Rival
Jennifer Shirk
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
SPOLIER ALERT: I'm one of my favorite authors and a really nice person, and I wrote this book so...
Naturally, I loved it.
Hope you do, too!
Katie W
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
They say the closest feeling to hatred is love and that's just how it seems for Elena. She's in love with love and all things sentimental, especially because her parents had such a fairy tale romance. She wants her happily-every-after to pattern exactly after theirs and when her fiance breaks up with her, she blames his best friend, Lucas. In fact, she hates him, and we all know what that means.

Elena is quite uptight about her ideals and rigid with her rules, yet as the story progresses, she
Elaine
When the person who should have been the best man at your wedding is the man your ex-fiancé listened to before breaking off your engagement, he's not exactly the most welcome person in your life! In fact Elena Mason likens Lucas Albright III to the spawn of Voldermort, for his role in the break up. When he turns up at the chalet she's gone to stay in to get away from everyone, she really wants to get away from him asap! However, this fateful encounter results in him needing her to work with him, ...more
Kathy Jo
Elena's fiance, Scott, broke up with her after a discussion with his friend, Lucas. To say she's heartbroken would be an understatement. She can't believe Lucas deliberately sabotaged her engagement to Scott. Elena is holding out hope that Scott will eventually change his mind and want her back. But if she never sees Lucas again, it would be too soon.

Lucas is jaded due to his ex-wife. She really did a number on him and now he has no desire to ever marry again. He's okay with being single. His
Ana
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Thank you Netgalley and Entangled for the ARC!

I didn't think this book was the love triangle type. It was, but kind of wasn't. Even though I usually stay away from these books, I enjoyed this one!

Elena Mason is miserable because her fiancé Scott called off their wedding. And the reason has a name: Lucas Albright III, Scott's friend. Lucas' experiences with marriage (involving him and his family) has never worked out, thus he really thinks this is something that has to be very well thought out.
Linda Quick
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet story about Elena, a homebody whose deepest wish is for a family of her own. She thought she had found it with her former fiance. However, his best man, Lucas, talked negatively about marriage with him and he then dumped Elena. Elena blames Lucas for being dumped.

When circumstances throw them together again, after the fighting, they begin to talk and, slowly, Elena starts to rethink everything she had thought she wanted. When they begin to work together, neither is sure what to
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Romancing His Rival is the third and final book in Jennifer Shirks Accidentally Yours series. This is a truly sweet enemies to lovers story that will leave you smiling. They say you should never judge a book by its cover. In the case of Romancing His Rival, that statement is so true. The release cover screams Valentine read however, this is actually a Christmas romance. If you are a traditionalist and only read Christmas romances during the Christmas season, be sure to put this on your reading ...more
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

Jennifer Shirk always writes such sweet romances and Romancing His Rival was a great addition to the Accidentally Yours series.

The story was a little Hate-to-Love, which I always enjoy, though the hating was really only on Elenas side. I liked seeing Lucas eventually win her over as she realized her preconceived ideas about him were wrong. I thought they had good chemistry together and I shipped them.

I was often
Ayekah
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Elena works at the hotel in Cape Harmony. She was dumped by her fiancé months ago, she blames his best friend and best man Lucas for the break up. Lucas had an unhappy marriage and she believes that he talked Scott out of marrying her. After all these months she still holds out hope that Scott will come back and they'll live happily every after the way her parents did before their untimely death.
She runs into Lucas and the two have at it. She accuses him of all wrong doing, the guy doesn't stand
Anastasia
I LOVE LOVE all of Jennifer Shirk's books and this series end did not disappoint.
I feel I know all the characters so well. I want them to be my real friends. LOL
Enjoy!
Bette Hansen
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved! One of the things I enjoy the most about Jennifer Shirk's books is her ability to write a sweet emotion filled story infused with just the right amount of humor to keep it light, fun and relaxing. That is exactly what she's done with this book. It's one of the better enemies to lovers stories I've read in awhile. Elena blames Lucas for the fact that her fiance called off their wedding. Something Lucas has never denied and won't apologize for, fact is he's never told Elena ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
If you enjoy Hallmark movies than youll enjoy this book! With the fun Christmas setting, likable characters, fun plot and a swoony romance, its hard not to get caught up in this story. I thought this was well written and liked that the romance grew naturally and at a good pace. Neither was looking for love and I liked that they had to figure things out and wasnt an insta-love connection. Fun read and I loved returning to this fun series and seeing past characters make an appearance as well. It ...more
Reckless Readers
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
A sweet love story in Jennifer Shirks Accidentally Yours series is a must read.
Elena Mason is a romantic and wants to find romance and a Happily Ever After just like her parents did. Her fiancé Scott not so much. When he calls the wedding off thanks to his best friend Lucas Albright the Third, Elena is bound and determined to have Lucas help her get Scott back. What results is a funny, warm, romantic story of two people who really do find their Happily Ever After.

**Review by Kathy Dunn**
Olivia
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Romancing His Rival" is simply enchanting- a perfect read for the Valentine's season. This romantic comedy follows Elena and Lucas in alternating third person limited points-of-view. Elena is a romantic who wants what her parents had- happiness brought on by a great relationship. She believes that she found it in Scott, who proposed the way her father proposed to her mother (at the Empire State Building) and who sends her flowers on Fridays the way her father used to send to her mother. ...more
Kathy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet love story in Jennifer Shirks Accidentally Yours series is a must read. Elena Mason is a romantic and wants to find romance and a Happily Ever After just like her parents did. Her fiancé Scott not so much..... The full review can be found on Reckless Readers at https://www.goodreads.com/RecklessRea...
Donna (More Than a Review)
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romancing His Rival by Jennifer Shirk. I am a fan of Jennifers. If you are new to her writing dont judge her talent on this one. The writing is good; the heroine is going to get on your nerves and you may have a hard time finishing. The hero makes up for it. About the only time I liked and could relate to Elena was when Lucas was supporting her to take risks with her drawings.
Her unrealistic and crazy obsession with dates was not relatable. She was more juvenile than you expect.
The premise of
Sara Oxton
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Romancing the Rival by Jennifer Shirk a five-star read that will make you swoon. This is the third novel in the Accidently Yours series, but I havent read the first two, I will pop back and get the first two as I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Elena Mason has annoyed me at times and did push meat points but overall, I adored her, she pulled through in the end and blew me away. Lucas Albright was so funny, watching him interact with people and come to some conclusions that you can see him struggle ...more
Pascale
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really fun, sweet, contemporary romance story. I really enjoyed the originality of the storyline and the writing style too. I wasnt too sure about Lucas at first, although I really didnt like Scott from the very beginning. Elena was a very sweet character and I liked her. I could see myself being friends with her in real-life. I felt that the story flowed well and the pacing was good. I read it almost in one sitting. It held my attention. I would recommend it.
I regularly read and review
Erica Hearns
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entangled Publishing sent me an advance copy of Romancing His Rival by Jennifer Shirk to review because I begged...er, requested it. The free copy in no way influenced this review.

Hotel receptionist Elena Mason is left heartbroken months before her wedding when her fiancé dumps her, and it's all Lucas Albright III's fault. Her fiancé's so-called best man talked him out of marrying Elena, and months later, she still hasn't recovered, or stopped believing her fiancé will realize they're meant to
TSN ☮
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it

This is another sweet romance by Jennifer Shirk.

Elena is a hopeless romantic, who wants love exactly like her parents had. Unfortunately, that is not exactly part of her ex-fiancés plan, who dumped her. Elena is convinced that it's because of "advice" from his divorced friend Lucas, who after his divorce is rather anti marriage. So Elena hates Lucas from the bottom of her heart.
Elena and Lucas end up snowed in together, which begins their cute enemies-to-friends to-lovers journey.

☛ I
Kristy K
Feb 06, 2019 marked it as dnf
Shelves: arc, netgalley
DNF 25%

Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of the writing.
Samantha
This felt very apropos of a 90s romcom? Which I liked. I imagine this making an excellent Hallmark movie.
Vibliophile
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

After enjoying Kinsley & Arden's romances, I was looking forward to seeing sweet, little idealistic Elena find her happily-ever-after. And the story did not disappoint.

The attraction-to-love relationship development between Lucas and Elena is a little fast, but the way he understood her - knew when to push her out of her comfort zone, but not push her to the point of anxiety, for example - and how well they worked together was so loving that even when the plot was resolved in some
Sascha
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Romancing His Rival by Jennifer Shirk is a cute, fast-reading romance in which Elena has been ditched by her fiance, Scott, because of something his best man, Lucas, said regarding marriage.

The first chapter has Elena and Lucas ending up snowed in for a night with Elena realizing that Lucas may not be the devil incarnate. It's a fun scene and really foreshadows all of the awakenings Elena will have through the course of the novel.

While I really enjoyed the novel, I wasn't thrilled with Elena's
Lenda Burns
I love this author.
Her books are always so interesting to read.
Her characters become my friends.
She brings out so many emotions with her stories.
I love HEA's.
Danielle Hammelef
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, this author gives her readers fun characters and swoony romance, perfect anytime of year. I loved Elena and her friends who I got to know from a previous book in this series (I picked up the series with book 2, so each book is excellent as a stand alone too). Getting to know Elena and watching as she figured out her true source of happiness made this story line a happily ever after for me. I loved the respect that Lucas showed Elena and their fun banter together. Their relationship ...more
Jules
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, funny, christmas
Read this in a single day! What a sweet read ! Excellent characters and a great "feel good book"!
Heather
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable fun! Now I need to go read the first two in the series...
Kristy
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-love
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Some people have high standards for giving 5/5 on a review, however my only criteria involves whether or not I smiled the whole time I read it. I smiled the entire time I read this book. It was fun, cute and I read it in one sitting I was that into it.

This book had sexual tension like you wouldn't believe, but there was
Jill
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very cute!
« previous 1 3 next »

• My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • An Accidental Date with a Billionaire
  • Catching the CEO
  • The Wedding Deal
  • The Soccer Player and the Single Mom
  • The Last (The List, #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (Wishing River, #1)
  • Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1)
  • Narcissistic Tendencies (Dating by Design #3)
  • Story of Us (Love Unexpected #3)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • Just One of the Groomsmen (Getting Hitched in Dixie #1)
  • Rachel Laine (The Women of Merryton #3)
  • In the Dog House
  • Sunkissed Days (Magnolia Sound, #0.5)
  • 27 Ways to Mend His Broken Heart (27 Ways, #2)
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Montlake Romance and Entangled Publishing.

Lately she's been on

Accidentally Yours (3 books)
  • Bargaining with the Boss