Start by marking “Dragon Mage Academy: Princess of Dragons” as Want to Read:
Dragon Mage Academy: Princess of Dragons

Dragon Mage Academy: Princess of Dragons

(Princess of Dragons #1)

A disguised princess. A murder most malicious. A dragon condemned to death.

Desperate to escape a forced marriage, seventeen-year-old Princess Alba disguises herself to join the all-male Dragon Mage Academy.

Her plans go wrong when a dragon accused of murder forms a telepathic link: the deepest possible bond between dragon and rider.

And it can only mean one thing:

If
Published January 17th 2019 (first published January 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Mage Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Mage Academy

Elizabeth Dragina
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dragon-favorites
3.5 stars ~

Wow. Do I really want to give a review on this?? Nope.

It had a dragon on the cover, OF COURSE I PICKED IT UP!!

The story really was beautiful, Castel is amazing at what she does. I loved the bonding and Dragon riding, Dragon mages, etc. The epic adventure, and the mystery!! Oh. My. Word. The mystery. Castel is absolutely amazing at writing thriller mystery. I am amazed!!

The world was lovely and I liked the characters.

Reason for my lower rating ~ I really didn't appreciate the
Victoria
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Of course, I was more than happy to start reading this book... it has dragons, DRAGONS! I mean... say no more ;) I'd give this one a 3.5*

Worldbuilding was good, bit by bit the author introduces us to the world, as such neither confusing nor overwhelming the reader with all the info. All scenes and environments were clear and well detailed.

Character development was decent. We only got to know Alba and Fyrian really. The other characters got introduced and we know a tad about them, but fairly
Reena
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Set in the Seven Kingdoms universe, the story follows 17-year-old Alba, daughter of Bluebeard and Paloma, and niece of Cendrilla. Although she has tried to fit in the Magical Militia, she failed to demonstrate any magical abilities and as a result her father decided to marry her off to King Magnar of the Savannah Empire. In an attempt to escape this undesired fate, Alba disguises herself as a boy and sets off to Mount Fornax in order to enroll the all-male Dragon Mage Academy. Trouble finds her ...more
Donna
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This first book in the new Princess of Dragons series follows the adventures of Princess Alba (Daughter of Lord Bluebeard and Paloma from the Cendrilla Perault books) as she embarks on her quest to become a Dragon Mage. And with a combination of a murder, a grumpy dragon, keeping up in class and trying to hide behind a male glamour so her father doesn't find her, she certainly has her hands full! I really enjoyed the story, and would definitely recommend it to fans of fantasy mysteries. It ...more
Cat
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Dislike Alba but interesting story

I really, really dislike Alba but the story is interesting. Not sure I want to continue because Alba is so reckless, stubborn, and frustrating.
Reena
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!

Donna
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Princess of Dragon's is book 1 in the Dragon Mage Academy series. This is set in the same world as The Seven Kingdoms series. As with The Seven Kingdoms, the world building is exceptional. The story line is great -- a princess fleeing an arranged marriage flees as a boy and enters the Dragon Mage Academy where she/he forms a bond with a dragon accused of murder. Want to know what happens, if the dragon is proved innocent, what interesting magical creatures are encountered on this adventure you ...more
Blaire Hammond
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PRINCESS OF DRAGONS BY CORDELIA CASTEL SPOILER FREE REVIEW.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

The mystery and action in this book was both exciting and really fun to read. It was action packed and full of adventure, and really enjoyable to read. I loved the world so much, it was different and fun and fresh. The worldbuilding was excellent and really well developed.

The characters in this book were really fantastic and I loved learning about them and their
Lene Blackthorn
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being the unwanted child makes it no easier for a princess. And now it's the time to escape.
Alba Bluebeard, scared of her fate to be a bride to brutal king, enrolls into the Dragon Mage Academy disguised as a boy. Trouble follows her every step, not only in classes, but also in an unfortunate bonding with a dragon accused of murder. To prove her innocence, Alba takes up the investigation on herself.
Fast paced and magical story with lots of adventure and mystery, full of funny scenes and
Nadine
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this YA dragon adventure

The Dragon Mage Academy series is set seventeen years after the events of The Seven Kingdoms series. Rilla plays a small role. So it is better to have read that series first, but its not absolutely necessary. This series is about Alba, Rillas niece. Daughter of Lord Bluebeard. She is in danger of being married off to someone she doesnt want to be married to. So she flees.

I really liked this YA dragon adventure. Enjoyable, entertaining, a bit slow to start,
Tala Gilbert
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New author, great story!

Well now I'm hooked on Cordelia Castel! I could hardly put this book down what with the action, the suspense and the surprises. Princess Alba is a wonderful character, with a backbone. Fyrian, the dragonette grown up to be full dragon, is a force to reckon with. The two of them together will do great things, I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing what happens with their continued adventures in the next books. I love finding new authors who whet my imagination and create
Belinda Clemons
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So exciting

I really liked Alba though she is stubborn lol. And Fyrian the little green dragonette turned ferocious Dragon loved her lots. I have two favorite scenes just because they made me laugh. One is where Alba is attempting to send the letter to the Witch General and Maste Fosco has to go chasing after a silver dragonette . The second is when she uses the flaming sword and stuns General Thornicroft, and burns his hair btw, and the other cadets with her power. They sure wasn't expecting
Brad
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue, Murder, and Friendships

This is a well written story with many nicely developed characters. If you just accept the premise that starts the tale, you'll have an enjoyable read.

Princess Alba/Cadet Albert leads us through her adventure. Early on, she bonds with a dragon which is a central theme. Their bonding is very problem and the dragon is accused of murder. Alba and her new friends set out to find the real murderer while dealing with the new military life in which they live.

This kept
Kayla West
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Klunky; Could Not Finish

This book starts off very klunky and unrefined, unlike the Inheritance Cycle which it compares itself to. The first few chapters are just so adolescent in their text that it makes the story unreadable for me. It starts off so slow, and explains things that do not even seem to have hardly any bearing on what the story is supposed to be. While I like the premise, which is more like a Tamora Pierce novel than anything in my opinion, it just didn't keep my interest enough to
Katie Thompson
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED the Cendrilla series that reinvented our favorite fairy tales. Cordelia Castel takes us back to the worlds she cleverly crafted with a new cast of characters: some you have to love, some you love to hate. The magic im the book is super awesome. Every spell has a purpose and a reasoning. Our heroine is bound and determined to prove herself, and she makes one amazing start. I cannot wait to start book 2!
Holly Raver
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasnt to sure about this first book,I really had my doubts,but it proved me wrong..I feel it picked up when she changed her appearance so that she could past for a boy in the Dragon Academy and thats when the real action kicked into high gear..Starting book two Poachers of Dragons. I hope the action keep coming and lots more Dragons.. ...more
Lisa P
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Envy, revenge, and friendships

This was a mystery in disguise. Princess Alba is a very likeable character. When she plots to escape what could possibly be a disastrous future, all kinds of things happen. Witches, mages, royalty, dragons, ogres, and humans are all part of an intricate series of events.
Teresa
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent !

Born a bastard Princess, Alba refuses to be sent to another kingdom as she would be the "consolation prize", one that would not appease that king. Alba manages to attend an all male mage school, flavored as a boy, gets bonded to a dragon who is accused of killing a human, and gets kidnapped, all within the first week at the school! Wonderful read, with plenty of action and great characters.
Chrisette Trevino
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book ! Princess Alba is the perfect heroine. What to do when your father is going to send you off to marry a king who doesn't want you but your aunt. This book involves a great mystery. It's just not the one everyone is trying to solve. This book is full of twists and turns and well written. I can't wait to read book 2 in this series.
Richard Goodrum
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The introduction to Princess Alba is fantastic: filled with hopes and fears. Extending the tale into the generation which follows Cendrilla Perrault. While the story has some dark shadows. overall, I found it quite enjoyable. I hope that you do as well.

I received a copy of this book as a gift. This is my honest review.
Sherri  Morris
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable great reading

I really enjoyed this book and loved the characters and how they came together. I can't wait to see what will happen next for the princess and her Dragon.
Chandra Rogers
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, quick and fun

Delightful YA novel. This is a fun and fast paced story. There's lots of details about the world it takes place in with many fantastic and diverse characters. Castel's set the stage for many more entertaining tales.
S Wylie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this.

Great storyline. Dragons, witches and more with a mystery with twists and turns that keep your attention.
Keeps your attention. Can't q to read more of this series.
Bill Crowder
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a fast paced, exciting journey with a young girl seeking her own place in life. My disappointment came when the book ended for it seemed to come way too soon. I can't wait to read the next in this series.
Linda Levine
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very enjoyable story. I liked all the adventure as she tries to choose her own path and not the one forced on her. It is well written and has plenty of surprises to keep your interest.

I am voluntarily reviewing a copy I received.
Rnolter
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coming of age

Always love these types. Fantastic journey in this first book. Very realistic characters. I liked Ivan though. Already downloaded book two. Great summer series! Thank you
Alan Boggs
Jun 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Much Intrigue

There are many twists and turns in the book. Some I saw coming and a couple were definitely surprises. I will be reading the rest of the series if they are all days good as book.
Suzanne G
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bluebeards daughter is all grown up

Alba is determined to save an innocent dragon from execution. Will she be able to find enough evidence in time to stop the execution and will those in charge believe her?
Friends are not always what they seem.
Bonnijean Marley
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Mage Academy: Princess of Dragons has excitement, mystery, and adventure and is a great book to read. The mystery is complex but believable. This is one of the most enjoyable young adult books that I've read recently.

• Chosen (The Brindle Dragon, #1)
  • Taken (The Brindle Dragon #3)
  • Ambushed (The Brindle Dragon #4)
  • Magic (The Brindle Dragon #5)
  • Awakened (The Brindle Dragon #2)
  • Unleashed (The Brindle Dragon #6)
  • Time Warp (The Brindle Dragon #7)
  • Captured (The Brindle Dragon #8)
  • New Beginnings (Rise of the Black Dragon #2)
  • Power of Three (The Brindle Dragon #9)
  • Escape (Rise of the Black Dragon #1)
  • Dragon Magic (Deadweed Dragons, #2)
  • Dragon Assassin: Twin Fury
  • Dragon Called (Deadweed Dragons, #1)
  • Secret of the Dragon (Dragon Riders of Elantia, #6)
  • Dragon Assassin 2: Shadow Hunter
  • Test of the Dragon (Dragon Riders of Elantia, #5)
  • Dragon Song (Deadweed Dragons #3)

Princess of Dragons (7 books)
  • Dragon Mage Academy: Poacher of Dragons