Start by marking “Captain Dead Man (Sweetfern Harbor #3)” as Want to Read:
Captain Dead Man (Sweetfern Harbor #3)

(Sweetfern Harbor #3)

Sweetfern Harbor Bed and Breakfast Cozy Mysteries can be read in one to two hours. It is perfect for those moments when you are waiting at an appointment or want to enjoy a quick read.
Excitement races through Sweetfern Harbor as the famous July boat races near. Brenda Sheffield finds herself busier than ever at Sheffield Bed and Breakfast. Her place is booked solid and ca
Published September 21st 2017 by Independently published (first published September 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Captain Dead Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Dead Man

Start your review of Captain Dead Man (Sweetfern Harbor #3)
Ellen White
May 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A coffee shop where the three captains hang out. That in itself of who are they. Another interesting story in this small town with a Victorian Inn.
Given audio for my voluntary review and my honest opinion
Sue
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-challenge
It’s July and that means boating season in Sweetfern Harbor. Brenda and the staff at Sheffield B&B are gearing up for the annual boat races. Mac introduces Brenda to the famous three Captains; Sully, Eddy, and Pratt. They are close friends and very fierce competitors that like to rib each other and brag about past wins. Captain Eddy invites Brenda to take a tour of his boat, which happens to be an exact replica of Captain Scully and Captain Pratt’s boats. It seems boat builder Wally has crafted ...more
Dharia Scarab
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

4 sta
Krystyna
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The winner takes it all?

Another light fluffy cozy - really not in the same league as the author's Alaskan series. An engagement (that isn't), a dead body, a boat race, a sunken boat and another detective trying to muscle in. Who wanted to kill the Captain ? What made the boat sink? Will the engagement ever be real? The characters were just slightly "off" and the plot could have been a bit tighter.
Diane Montagnino
Great series

Having read the first several books of this series, I’m hooked. The characters are people you want to get to know better. The setting of this series, a lovely town and Victorian B&B, lend itself to many more opportunities for murder and mystery. Can’t wait for next book.
Kathryne Brown
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting location

I started reading this series after it was recommended by my sister. I appreciate that all three books I've read have been offered on kindle unlimited as I couldn't afford them otherwise I guess the best review is that I have read all three books in the last two days. Bedtime now!!
Rosemary Hughes
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have submitted this review after listening to the audiobook of this title.
Annual boatrace has three main contenders, each having an identical boat built, in an attempt to prove who was the better skipper.
Unfortunately, a dreadful find, but the local detective and Brenda, our amateur detective, puts the race in jeopardy.
You'll be surprised what happens next, and who is responsible.
Kathy Fair
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book

Definitely a 5-star read. This has a well thought out plot and the characters manage to come to life by the end of the story. The ending comes as a surprise as the pot unfolds.
Judy Rehm
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great cozy mystery

I really enjoy reading these short cozy mysteries. In this one, I liked the introduction of the new character. I can't wait to see how Mac handles having both Brenda and his friend joining in solving mysteries.
Virginia Bast
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

I like the main characters. It was nice to see the relationship end in an engagement. Keep up the great writing. I always like your characters and that's me to e joy the story more. Thanks again and stay well.
S Allison
Slightly entertaining

Dry egg get bcc but boy the the get gym John jjyf got them see study sheet of paper that 30th and I'll gladly do it is a great teacher is not to be confused with dried apricots are incredible.
Jessica Florio
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captain Dead Man

This was an exciting book, I couldn’t put it down. I just love the characters in Sweetfern Harbor and can’t wait to read the next book. Thanks for a great cozy mystery series.
Janet Wilson
This is a continuation in this series. Well worth the time to read.

It’s enjoyable even though it’s fairly easy to discern the answer to the mystery. A romance Entwined with murder mystery.
Lynn K Mooney
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting story

Very creative story with a happy ending that made me shed tears along with the b & b staff. I was afraid that mac an d brenda were never going to get around to getting engaged.
David J. Belliveau
Excellent as usual

I gave this book a five star rating because it deserved it. I think the author is a very talented and creative writer. I have read many books by her and loved them all. I would recommend reading this book to a.
Laura Jager
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book!

I have really been enjoying this series. I feel like I get to know the characters and town a little better with each book. This story kept me guessing. I look forward to the next one.
Betty J.
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun reading

Enjoyed this sequel. Nice mystery with no graphic violence. New character added which should provide an interesting personality to the mix. Characters have depth which makes them more complex and interesting. Will continue on.
Pam Ferguson
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent quick read

I enjoyed the interaction between the characters. There was a bit of a twist at the end. This is a great quick read.
Karolyne Gonsalves
Great book

I love the way Wendy's books always end on a happy ending and gives you that feeling where you can't wait until the next book, in the series, is published.
Shannon
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cheesy, but steady

There's something off in the sentence structure sometimes and I just can't place what it is. Overall, not too shabby.
Suzanne Homeier-poe
Stupendous

I really enjoyed this story. I am so happy Brenda and Mac worked together. What great stories. I can't wait to read the next book.
Elizabeth Evans
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved and loved

Wow what a series this is great! I loved the mystery and Mac +Brenda is wonderful too ! Thanks and I want more!
Shirley Rusin
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly cozy

Fast mystery with fuzzy good feelings. A nice small town were everyone gossips and knows everyone’s business. Great for a rainy day read.
Susan
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed the book, looking forward to the next
Kathleen Duffy
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readable in one sitting

Again a little slow in places . The romance is slow to the characters desire. How a young entrepreneur can change a small town.
Mary A Moon
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captain Dead Man

As I expected, another great book from Wendy Meadows. I've grown to really care about the characters in this series, and can't wait to read the next installment.
Rachael
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Quick and fun. I was surprised by who the murderer turned out to be.
Lydia Karanja
Grammar, sentence construction

The plot is good. Author is creative. However, the grammar is not up to par. Feels like it was written by a non English speaker.
Linda Rainey
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Book

I really enjoyed this latest cozy and returning to Sweetfern Harbor to see old friends.
This book is recommended for those who love cozy mysteries.
Robin  Adair Lebbin
Lighthearted

This was typical of Wendy ‘s series. But, I love the light- hearted mystery that keeps you interested. But, not bloody, gory. And, the raw sex is kept at bay, leaving just a romantic undertone.

• The Sweet Smell of Murder (Chocolate Centered Mystery #1)
  • Hidden Hideaways (Dune House Mystery #4)
  • Treasured History (Dune House Mystery #3)
  • Peril in Little Leaf Creek (Little Leaf Creek, #2)
  • Boats and Bad Guys (Dune House Mystery #2)
  • Seaside Secrets (Dune House Mystery #1)
  • Relaxation, Reunions & Revenge (Dune House Mystery #19)
  • Celebrities and Chaos (Dune House Mystery #10)
  • Racing and Robberies (Dune House Mystery #13)
  • Tides, Trails and Trouble (Dune House Mystery #12)
  • Thanksgiving Past (Cottage on Gooseberry Bay #2)
  • Overdue to Die (Peachtree Point #1)
  • Sixty Minutes for Murder (Sky High Pies Cozy Mysteries Book 23)
  • Murder So Sweet (Sweet Cove Mystery, #2)
  • Pups, Pilots and Peril (Dune House Mystery #11)
  • An Imitation of Murder (Sky High Pies Mysteries #9)
  • Wedding Cake and Woes (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #15)
  • Danger in the Depths (Dune House Mystery #9)
Stay up-to-date with New Releases, Discounted Books, and Giveaways at: http://wendymeadows.com/cozy

★ USA TODAY BESTSELLING AUTHOR ★

Wendy Meadows is a passionate Cozy Mystery Author whose stories showcase witty women sleuths and engaging plots. To date, she has published dozens of books, which include her popular Sweetfern Harbor Series, Maple Hill Series, and Alaska Cozy Series, to name a few.

In a

Sweetfern Harbor (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Posies and Poison (Sweetfern Harbor #1)
  • Dead in Bed (Sweetfern Harbor #2)
  • Ghostly Tours (Sweetfern Harbor #4)
  • Turkey, Pies and Alibis (Sweetfern Harbor #5)
  • Mystery, Snow, and Mistletoe (Sweetfern Harbor #6)
  • Festival Turmoil (Sweetfern Harbor #7)
  • Scandal at the Gala (Sweetfern Harbor #8)
  • The Elusive Wampum (Sweetfern Harbor #9)
  • Chest of Secrets (Sweetfern Harbor #10)
  • The Bead Seller (Sweetfern Harbor #11)