Start by marking “Talen” as Want to Read:
Talen

Talen

This is where I come in.

I spend my nights plundering supplies in the walled city of Hilltop, and I trade them to the valley people below. I’m not a thief. I prefer to be known as the head of Lost and Found.

When I discover
Published February 19th 2019

Start your review of Talen
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic ’TALEN’ is a full length romance/fantasy novel by Shay Savage.

MY REVIEW: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Twenty seven year old Talen comes from a world that is constantly in battle with the elements plagued by continual earthquakes and volcanic debris that shrouds their little corner of the world they have been given from the people (Thaves) from the hill top.

It's a bit like the haves vs the have nots, the haves have plenty food supply, live up in their
Jen
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a weakness for dystopian books that have romance thrown in! This book had the perfect balance of a romance that blossoms through very hardcore circumstances. It takes place around the year 2100’s and it is during a time when there isn’t much left of the world. There had been immense earthquakes that caused the earth to crumble, and most people died during that time. What is left of the earth is covered in ash, and earthquakes still come and go. Even with civilization being so small, there ...more
Carvanz
What an awesome read! I’ve only read a handful or less of post-apocalyptic books and I’ve enjoyed each of them but this one was incredible!

Talen is the sweetest, kindest hero I think I’ve ever read. He does have a dark streak that runs through him but he struggles against it to the point that you know that isn’t his heart. His soul survival is to provide for the people he’s adopted into his life and the community that he calls home. On one hand he was a bit naïve and on the other he’s fierce and
Bookgasms Book Blog
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely adore Dystopian and post-apocalyptic romance novels. There is something about the setting and the "end of the world" feel that I am addicted to. The gritty and edgy storyline coupled with the real and raw romance is sexy and so addicting. I loved the world Shay savage created for us. Talen and Aerin were sexy and had great banter and chemistry.

Without giving away any spoilers, this story was mysterious and riveting. I enjoyed the setting of Plastictown
Jamie
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Alexandra
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

Talen lives in a world set after the apocalypse. When the volcano in Yellowstone exploded, the world changed and the planet destabilized. As Talen tries to survive he will discover that his own past can come back and haunt him and also that love can be found even in the most unexpected places.

Talen was an interesting character. You may see, especially in the cover a badass man but to
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Dystopian romance with a very Robin Hood like feel. I rarely venture in this genre, preferring to mortals who roam the good 'ol Earth with human flaws and rippling bodies. But I trust Shay's storytelling skills and so I dared to venture in blind.
The setting is post apocalyptic Plastictown, which is across from the Thaves community, separated by the river. Might as well be the Grand Canyon, seeing the difference of lifestyle, money, luxuries and education between the Naughts & the Thaves.

description

Micheala
Talen is the baby of Commodity and Specimen. It’s the dystopian world of Commodity and the politics and corruption of Specimen. Combine that with the sweetness found in Judging Books and Win Some Lose Some, and given a slight Robin Hood theme, it had potential to be a wonderful book.

But for me, it was not.

It is super unfortunate because it is hard to find a Shay Savage book that I don’t like, so to not enjoy this one honestly upset me so much. Usually I finish an ARC of hers within hours and
Veronica LaRoche
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely love Talen. I enjoy a good post-apocalyptic book and Talen is a must read. Talen will make you swoon hard and you will definitely want him as your next bbf. From the moment I started reading I was hooked. This book and the characters were amazing and the ending was perfect.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Sandy S
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 19, 2019

This is where I come in.

When I discover a beautiful but dangerous competitor in my territory, I also learn she
Kelly
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story of Talen in a dystopian future is riveting. Shay Savage tells an interesting story of the world in this us and them story line.
Mirnatius
Mar 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
This book is the epitome of OW drama. This is more of the relationship between the H and his friend, rather than the romance between him and the h. There's also too much TMI about his past relationships.
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Shay Savage is one of those authors that can write in any genre and completely own it! There was several times where reading Talen that I felt like it could fit in several genres. We definitely have the romance, but there’s also a ton of action, Dystopian/end of the world, even a bit of fantasy, and even a kind of dark feel occasionally. Shay bounces a bit all over. You’d think Talon would feel a bit scattered, it doesn’t, it feels insanely-well put together. This story is layered-upon-layered. ...more
❀ Crystal ✿ -
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
I am such a sucker for an apocalyptic romance. Shay Savage is one of my favorite authors and when I saw this I couldn’t wait to dive in. While the book was excellent I almos feel like it was anti-climatic. Sure there is a lot of story packed in and the plot was intriguing and compelling the book as a whole felt like a lot more buildup than what we got. There’s a hea don’t get me wrong, sometimes I just like to see vengeance persevere. (view spoiler) ...more
Carla
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Carla's Five Star Review

Well, the world has gone to hell. Earthquakes abound and debris covers the ground. There are thaves (haves) and Naughts (have nots). One group lives high on the hog, while the others scrounge just to survive. Amidst their strife and struggles, there is one man the naughts look to as a hero. Talen. The head of the "lost and found". Talen has a heart of gold, but he also harbors a secret-a secret that has the power to destroy everyone's faith and trust in him.

While out on
Diane plourde
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I never read science fiction, future kinds of stories. But come on this a Shay Savage book. I basically devoured this 5 star story.

Talen is the finder of lost items. He helps the people of Plastictown. He’s well loved and respected until someone comes in his territory, Aerin. Both will embark on a journey to save people.

This was an amazing story, an adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat. It was well written and thought out. I admire this author very much because she switches genre of
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
I always enjoy the journey Shay takes me on. This one hit close to home with the state of the world today. It’s scary to get a glimpse at what could be our future. It’s definitely a must read for 2019.
~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Source~ Kindle eBook ~ ARC for honest
Anima
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adventure, favorites
Savage has hooked me again!! I requested an early review copy without knowing the blurb and I loved it. I'm a huge fan of the dystopian storyline and Robin Hood like characters. Talen has a past that brought him to Plastictown, he is the head of lost and found. Aerin, a stranger with a secret and a task, forms a partnership with Talen to survive. The people of this quaint valley are special and unique, surviving circumstances that we could probably face one day. While I enjoy her writing I get ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I didn't know what to expect going into this book. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole story. It really makes you think and then throwing in the sweet romance between Talen and Aerin was just an added bonus. I loved every page of this book and look forward to reading more of Shay's work.
Renee
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing

In a world plagued by constant earthquakes and volcanic debris, people in the valley struggle to survive while those on top of the hill want for nothing. This is where I come in. I spend my nights plundering supplies in the walled city of Hilltop, and I trade them to the valley people below. I'm not a thief. I prefer to be knosiwn as the head of the Lost and Found. When I discover a beautiful but
Heather
DNF @43%. Yawn.
Jolanda Gelissen
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, tattoos
With this author I know I’ll be in for a surprise, and she doesn’t disappoint with this book. When I first started reading it, I thought it would be a post-apocalyptic Robin Hood type of story, with our hero, Talen, possibly falling for a rival thief. There is more to the story, however, and as it progresses, details of Talen’s background and history are revealed, as is a large conspiracy plot. I won’t give away too much, so you can have the full experience when reading.

Talen is absolutely
Squallogal
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shay Savage has a knack for world building. In Transcendence we were catapulted back in time to the Stone Age (via time travel), with Talen we are transported into a possible, bleak future, not far off on the horizon.

In this dystopian world we are carried through the struggles faced by the people of Plastic Town. We meet our odd hero, Talen. He’s a bit of a mystery. Part Robin Hood, part Bourne.

What’s left of the world is split between the haves and the have nots. Talen carefully skims between
Kali McQuillen
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read, 2019-arc
Not everybody is who you think they are and Talen knows this from experience. As the lost and found expert in plastictown, he has found where he can be who he wants to be. He has made friends who like him for who he is. He helps everyone out and likes the way things are.

When he catches another thief in his territory, he's intrigued, especially after he finds out that she's a girl. Aerin has secrets but so does Talen. Will they be able to put their secrets aside to help each other? Will they be
Gwendolyn
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many secrets

Talen our hero is bright, sweet, dark, and hot. In our new post apocalyptic world, secrets are many... oh boy are there many, but I won't be the the one telling you what they are, you'll have to read it yourself.

At times I was yelling at Talen..yep yelling. It didn't take long for me to become invested in this story and these characters. All of whom are well rounded and bring a necessary piece of the story to life.

I don't know how Shay Savage does it, but whether it's a caveman,
Kiki
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was emotional, exciting and intense! Man what a ride. It reminded me of Lost with a hint of Divergent. I never knew what was going to happen next. I loved the connection between the two main characters. Their attraction was on FIRE!!! Another great read for Shay Savage. Her world building was a beautiful movie in my mind. I loved it!!!
Badass Bloggettes
Talen is not my typical go-to story, but I trust Shay Savage to give me a tale worth my time. With Talen , she delivers and then some. The setting is a post-apocalyptic world in constant turmoil due to the environmental events of constant earthquakes, volcano eruptions, and the social structure of the wealthy (Thaves) and the poor (Naughts).

Talen has a Robin Hood persona of taking from those who have more than enough and giving to the people who struggle to survive daily. Talen is a hero
Gin
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a masterpiece of world building and fascinating characters crafted to inhabit the world of the future after eruptions have destroyed so much and created a separation of classes that is enormous and startling. Talen is a Robin Hood of the future that takes from the "haves" (Thaves) to give to the "have nots" (Naughts) and has a secret of his own that could unravel his existence. He is the careful master of his territory always insuring that his operations go unnoticed until another dares to ...more
Kelly Brock
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aerin and Talen

If you are looking for a break from the standard norm of romance this author is for you. She never fails to deliver a unique, thought provoking, and unique romance story each and every time.

This is set in a dystopian era more than a hundred years into the future. I hope people stay open minded because this book is totally worth it. I love Ms Savage because each of her stories has a strong heroine and and protective hero. She brings a story of two people fighting for their
Justine
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wouldn’t normally pick up this genre of book to read but I’m so glad I did. Knowing that it was a Shay Savage Book also helped as I’ve read a lot of her stuff in the past and absolutely loved them. This was no different.

I have to say Talen started off a bit slow which usually puts me off reading but once the story started to pick up it took me with it. Once I’d pushed through the beginning, I couldn’t put it down. It had a bit of everything.. humour, drama romance, mystery. It was a thrill to
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Forgotten Commander (Lost Planet, #1)
  • Like Dragonflies
  • The Five
  • Enzo
  • Twisted Love (Shattered Love, #3)
  • Sin & Discipline
  • Savaged
  • Raphael (Deadly Virtues, #1)
  • Unconditional
  • The Fallen: Genesis (Deadly Virtues, #0.5)
  • The Unlucky Ones
  • Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
  • The Vanished Specialist (Lost Planet, #2)
  • Repeat
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • The Candle Palace (Jamison Valley, #6)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • Arrange Me (The Arranged Duo, #1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more