Start by marking “Live Soldier (The Live Soldier Trilogy Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Live Soldier (The Live Soldier Trilogy Book 1)

Live Soldier

(Live Soldier #1)

I wasn't always a marine with a government camera in my eye...

Before they hacked my head, stole my daughter and sent me to war, I sold drugs to plastic celebrities in the clouds. Not the most honest of professions, I know. But this world is broken, and although my city presents a glittering face to the ruins, surviving here is dirty work.

Far below the movie sets, the gene
Published December 2018

To ask other readers questions about Live Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Soldier

Start your review of Live Soldier (The Live Soldier Trilogy Book 1)
Fabi
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This post-apocalyptic, dystopian society shows the worst of mankind. Lazyness, cruelty and self-absorption. It's off-putting in a tangible way. A reminder of how bad we can be if we're not constantly on guard with ourselves and each other.

It's a vividly imaginative story. There's a lot to take in so you can't sit back and coast through it. There are many twists and reveals that snap your attention back to the action.

There is nothing quiet or introspective about this story. It is in your face act
Ryan Evans
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Set in a dystopian world, Live Soldier was a very dynamic and engaging read.
Pros:
-The world is detailed and complex.
-The main character has a rich/deep past and the author does a good job of detailing it.
-The book is well edited, and you can read it without getting bogged down by grammar or punctuation issues.
Cons:
-While the world is engaging, I felt like the author tries to do too much sometimes (background explanations, past events, etc).
-The story itself seems like it could have been two or
Pat Eroh
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fast-paced, well-written book that kept me guessing to the end. I found the story compelling early on in the book and I just could not put it down. Incredible story!

Ziggy Nixon
Jan 13, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Michael Bay's cinematic skills
Recommended to Ziggy by: Kindle Unlimited offer
2 1/2 stars which I'll round up to 3 stars by the grace of one magnanimously given final pixel. Though 'Live Soldier' (a spoiler of a title if there ever was one) is not what I'd call a good book (how do you do italics here?) per se, it is if nothing else quite imaginative and in some bizarre, can't-look-away-from-the-train-wreck kind of way entertaining.

While we're beating a dead metaphor, I think if it had JUST been a train wreck, that would have been easier to swallow. But the way this book i
Cassie Allen
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story gives the origin story of the main character, Anex. I found the beginning a little hard and confusing to get through but once you get past the start, the story does grip you.

I believe part of the problem with the beginning is it is hard to grasp the world at first as the world building is a little unclear but once you grasp it, it sucks you in. I enjoyed the way that the characters were presented, as the characters that Anex meets during the course of the story, we learn more about th
Sharon
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this post-apocalyptic world, the author has done an awesome job of bringing a dark world full of dark characters to my kindle! Some things never change and there is an even greater divide between the ones who have everything and the ones who don’t. This means those who don’t get used and abused at will by those who have everything including the power and control. There’s lots of action and drama to go along with the murder mystery. No good story would be complete if at least one of the less f ...more
Jason Brock
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A dysotopic sociowar

This book starts out where your thinking it's about just fallen dysotopic society and it's many cyberpunk dregs...and then the pace changes to that of survival and the exploration of the mc annex and a mishmash of various misfits...it is well worth a read and I'm trying to figure out how to check out volume 2 water at but don't have the scratch...but someday I hope to read more
Janet
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Post apocalyptic story. I personally do not like them. I do not know what happened, the story does not tell me. Striving to survive. Not a bad story. But the story is well written. I received a complimentary review copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a honest review.
Richard Mueller
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Couldn't get into it.

Tried my best to get into the book but I just couldn't. I made it through 25 percent of the book but it was nothing like I expected. The sonposis of the book just doesn't seem to match. Afraid I'm calling it quits and moving on to the next book.
Mark
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Innovative, fast paced with plenty of twists

Started reading this one evening and next I knew, it was 1:00 am! Interesting characters and well-written dialog underpin a rollicking romp through a fascinating new world. Can’t wait to get the next in this series!
John Duhon
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When is your next book?

Starts confusing, but quickly starts explaining. Then it's an action packed rollercoaster ride up into the clouds and above before it's satisfactory and exhausted conclusion. A follow-up is screamed for. LoL I'm seriously impressed!
Michael
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great reading

An awesome respite from the zombies and shifters! I needed a break and this book delivers on multiple levels. It has action, intrigue, sex and more. So what's not to like?
Bill Scoville
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed very much

This story flowed dry well and it never got boring . I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a fast paced action story.
Ian Denner
Oct 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not good

Did not enjoy this book at all. Too weird and wacky even for me, and I have read some weird and wacky stori8in my time.
J.D. Schechter
Oct 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Waltzing with the absurd

Starts off like a bad acid trip but does occasionally improve. Could do with some serious editing. Only saved - somewhat - by a novel plot
Laura L
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was an absolute gem , I really enjoyed it the whole way through. I should have seen the twist with the camera coming, but I was so caught up in everything that was happening, I had totally forgotten that that was going to happen, so it surprised me !
I loved this book the whole way through, it just kept on giving giving givingi. I loved the fact that the main character wasn't just a gary Stu either, he has his fault (many), but you root for him, and I'm keen to see where he goes from h
Linda Teisinger
Jim Grogan
May 20, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Junkyard Pirate
  • Daisy's Run (The Clockwork Chimera #1)
  • Crimson Tempest (Survival Wars Book 1)
  • Contact Front (Drop Trooper #1)
  • Shorty
  • Direct Fire (Drop Trooper Book 4)
  • Triumph Of The Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender Book 4)
  • Wholesale Slaughter (Wholesale Slaughter #1)
  • Superdreadnought 1 (Superdreadnought, #1)
  • Kinetic Strike (Drop Trooper #2)
  • Stowaway (Redleg in Space #1)
  • Anthem of the Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #3)
  • Titanborn (Children of Titan, #1)
  • Outcast Marines Boxed Set
  • End of Summer (Seasons of Man #1)
  • Earth Alone (Earthrise, #1)
  • Return of the Dwarf King (The Adventures of Finnegan Dragonbender #1)
Liam Clay is the author of The Live Soldier Trilogy.

Live Soldier (3 books)
  • WAR STAR (The Live Soldier Trilogy Book 2)
  • Dark Army