Start by marking “Outrush (The Mer Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Outrush (The Mer Chronicles, #3)

Outrush

(The Mer Chronicles #3)

Maya’s headlong rush into marriage isn’t working out… and it isn’t the only collision course she’s on these days. Her saltwater distractions aside, her father-in-law wants her gunned down for reasons unknown, and her pesky bodyguard – when he’s around – seems intent on drowning her in want and regret.

Maya is desperate to hold onto any small part of herself she understands.
Published February 14th 2019 by Errin Stevens

Start your review of Outrush (The Mer Chronicles, #3)
"Avonna
Jan 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

OUTRUSH (The Mer Chronicles Book #3) by Errin Stevens is the third paranormal/urban fantasy story in the world of the Sirens of Griffin Bay though this addition to the series takes the listener/reader all over the US. The story picks up seven years after the events of Breakwater and focuses on the second chance romance of Maya and Aiden.

Maya has tried for years to make her marriage to her college sweetheart work, but when she catch
Addison Carmichael
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Like the first two books in the series, Outrush didn't disappoint with the romance, the family dynamics, and the intrigue of the entire siren society and their monarchy. The story draws you into their underwater (and out of water) world, making you want to swim with these sexy guys and all the people around them. Great read, great escape. Wish I could be a mermaid too!
Leelynn (Sometimes Leelynn Reads) ❤
Disclaimer: I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Errin Stevens. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.

I’m so glad that Posvistak was able to narrate all three novels! I personally hate it – well maybe not hate but I get bummed – when I love the first narrator and then they end up changing for the rest of the series and it just doesn’t feel right. But then there are other times wh
Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“A shipwrecked sailor may find the isle of his dreams in the depth of all his fears” Anthony T. Hincks
In this, the Third book in Errin Stevens Mer Chronicles we focus on Maya Evans, estranged wife of Stuart Evans, son of Thad Evans, of Health & Wellness Prescriptives in New York City. Through little fault of her own, she gets caught up in Thad’s tangled life that could get them all in some serious trouble.
Being the third in the Wilkes family to catch the heart of a siren makes Maya off limits to
Fantasyryus
May 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
First, I'd like to thank Ms. Stevens for sending me a free copy and allowing me to review it!
As this was the third book and I have read only the first one, it was all about weird for me and there were also missing pieces from the story of the second volume. It continues being a paranormal urban fantasy which is leads onto incriminating papers and a broken marriage. I don't usually read romance, but this type of book was well digested and understood. I liked the dynamica, the action and also the
Amy
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Outrush is the last addition to Errin Stevens’ series, The Mer Chronicles. I have enjoyed this series and I believe this one is my favorite of the three. I loved Maya from the start. I just found her to be relatable. I had the opportunity to listen to the audio version of it. Sean Posvistak’s narration is superb. I love how he was able to bring this story to life.
I am giving Outrush a very well deserved five plus stars. I recommend this book, as well as, the other books from The Mer Chronicles
NJ
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Team
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Outrush is the third book in the Mer Chronicles series by Errin Stevens. I am always impressed by Errin’s world-building and character creation skills, and she did not disappoint in this sequel to Updrift and Breakwater.
Outrush follows the story of Maya, the youngest of the Wilkes sisters. Maya is, in many ways, very self-reliant, but she feels at loose ends as her focus on being a champion volleyball player draws to a close. She is deeply enamored with Aiden Blake, but he has been forbidden to
V
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Why I chose this book:
This is the third book in a series I am really enjoying! A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Review
Outrush follows Updrift and Breakwater and is the story of Maya, whom readers met in the previous books. Prior to the story's start, Maya married Stu because she thought this was the logical post-college choice. As Outrush begins, Maya is tiring of Stu's philandering. She mourns the loss of a more satisfying life, particularly with Aiden, a man (actuall
Heather W
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Mer Chronicles Trilogy:

I enjoyed The Mer Chronicles trilogy which includes Updrift (Kate & Gabe), Breakwater (Sylvia & Simon), and Outrush (Maya & Aiden). While I enjoyed all of the stories, my favourite was Outrush. These stories were all well written with great characters, suspense, action, and romance. I am hoping that Xanthe gets her own story as well.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Was a bit of a different direction than I was anticipating from the line of the previous two books. But nonetheless it was a intriguing world of romance, family, politics,and so much more. There were deeper depths explored in book three of this series. Watching Aiden watch Maya was intriguing. The connection between the two was just so strong. A good thing that he was more like his brother, Simon, in many ways. The ins and outs of Outrush will keep you tied to the audio. You are going to want to ...more
Satabdi
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Even though I have not read the first two books of The Mer Chronicles, there was enough information for me to understand the history of the siren community, the reason behind their mistrust of humans, and their fascinating extra-sensory ways of perception.

Writing
Errin weaves a magical blanket of words, which has the power to transport you into her otherworldly domain, sprinkled with the scent of sea and salt, and embrace you in its intoxicating hold. The tender scenes between the protagonists, M
Amanda Urbinato
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing, just like the other two. And I am THRILLED that there is going to be another book in the series. And I am even more excited that it's about Peter and Xanthie. (I'm not sure how to spell her name, I listened to the audiobook so I have no clue!) I love how she has loosely connected all her books. Like you def. want to read them in order, but I guess you don't have to. At first, I didn't really like this because I loved the orginal characters so much. But I grew to love all t ...more
Charlotte
Overall, I found the general plot of the story to be intriguing and I wish it had been flushed out a bit more as some of the plot devices fell a little short for me. I also enjoyed the main character of this book, Maya. She is a strong woman held down by the idiocy of men and it was wonderful to watch her break free of her chains and to fight her way out of an oppressive and degrading life and marriage.

These books focus heavily on the romance and the characters. I found most of the characters we
Mr Pink ink
Mar 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is always a comfort, like wrapping a warm blanket around myself, getting to read Errin's writing again since it has been a while since I've read Breakwater, and, likewise, Updrift; elegant yet not flowery and without all those unnecessary flourishes and I just adore it!

Errin continues the story of the siren community from a different characters' point of view in each book, characters that we have come to know and love in the previous books and I feel that this brings a fresh perspective to th
Patty
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in this series that I have read. I was really interested in the idea of sirens finding mates within the human world and how the plot would unfold. The characters were all quite unique with their own quirky issues that were well described. I did however struggle with staying engaged with the subject matter. Most of the novel felt like a long 3rd person narration punctuated with spots of dialogue here and there. Don’t get me wrong... the depth of description and insight into ...more
Apr 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read through this book fairly quickly, which I think really helped me to feel like it was cohesive. I always enjoy the idea behind these books, but I wish there was more show and less tell. It might make the books longer, but rather than feeling like someone is telling me a lot of back and forth background I would love to feel more included in the action.

That being said, I always find the idea of these landed sirens fascinating, and thought some of the historical elements in this book were a g
Karen Tuttle
Ok

I felt like I had been in a college classroom and my brain was tired. The storyline was good but exhausting. Had to read this in small increments. I did not care for the increased sensual descriptions. They were not necessary to the story.
Melissa Cheresnick
Feb 10, 2019
Dynal Roberson
Feb 10, 2019
Romance Audiobooks: Outrush by Errin Stevens 17 80 May 11, 2020 10:47AM

• The Last Sister (Columbia River #1)
  • Good Girls Lie
  • How Raven Got His Crooked Nose: An Alaskan Dena'ina Fable
  • The Atlas of Monsters
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • A Marquess for Marigold (The Blooming Brides, #2)
  • How Winston Delivered Christmas: A Christmas story in twenty-four-and-a-half chapters
  • Blood Under Cherry Blossoms
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Nexus Mirror (Chronicles of the Enlai #1)
  • Ghastly Ghosts
  • Franklin and Luna and the Book of Fairy Tales
  • Symphony of Light and Winter (Symphony of Light, #1)
  • Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9)
  • Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #10)
  • Impostors' Kiss (Symphony of Light, #0.5)
  • Blue Moon (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #8)
  • Incubus Dreams (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #12)
Errin Stevens writes paranormal fiction and reads practically everything she can get her hands on. She's currently working and gardening and mothering, and will think about posting reviews if she can get to it... Her first novel, Updrift is followed by Breakwater (bk 2) and Outrush (bk 3). She's present on several social media platforms but most active on Instagram, @errinstevens.

The Mer Chronicles (3 books)
  • Updrift (The Mer Chronicles #1)
  • Breakwater (The Mer Chronicles, #2)

News & Interviews