Start by marking “For Us (The Girl I Loved Duet #2)” as Want to Read:
For Us (The Girl I Loved Duet #2)

For Us

(The Girl I Loved Duet #2)

The boy I loved hurt me a long time ago.
But he's not a boy anymore. He's a gorgeous, painfully tempting man in his prime. A famous actor who could have anyone he wants.
Why does he keep choosing me?
The papers are buzzing with scandals these days. I'm the director of his TV show, if we get caught together, it would ruin both our careers.
I didn't think he'd be happy when
Published January 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about For Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Us

Start your review of For Us (The Girl I Loved Duet #2)
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
ARC received in exchange for an honest review!

It was in dual first person pov. Like the first it was past and present ones. I liked it because that gave us insight in the past and all the things that happened.
Peter is a persistent man who knows he wants her and isn't afraid to fight for it.
I kind of understood the reason why there was hesitation, but on the other side I would say it's all about the coming out. There is a difference between the two that were frowned upon and Peter and Amber!

They
Nova
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Part two of an unbreakable love. I enjoyed this book much more than book one. And was a perfect conclusion to the duet.

Amber is scared of her feelings for Peter and how they are going to affect her and her career so in fear she pushes him away and immediately realises her mistake can she show Peter that she wants him and has never not loved him or has she ruined the future that they could have shared?

Peter knew he had lost Amber when he betrayed her to her parents when they were teenagers and
Ellie
Aug 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
ElizrdbthSpeaks
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wanted to read book 2, first before I did my review for both of these books, a duet ... why has that become popular with author lately? I am so curious?? I did enjoy this book a bit more than the 1st?? just my humble opinion now. u make or have your own thoughts, it's all good!! for me ... i felt it was a different side of Penny ...that i've never seen before??! now it is not like u can no see a similarity to what she has written in the past ... but like this was way different? a light size, m ...more
April Symes
For Us by Penny Wylder brings the exciting conclusion to Peter and Amber's 2nd chance at love story. In book 1, the book ended on a cliffhanger where we left our main characters (Peter and Amber) just heartbroken and devastated. Book 2 is the conclusion and it picks up where book 1 left off. Peter and Amber’s story is so heartbreaking, but it most definitely will put your heart back together by the end of the story. As the reader, you have questions for book 2 like if Peter and Amber will ever f ...more
BP34
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second and final book in the Girl I Loved Duet. Amber and Peter made a wonderful couple and it was hard not to fall in love with them. A beautifully written love story that was a joy to read. Well-developed characters and an entertaining storyline. I read a reader copy and voluntarily chose to review.and it was hard not to fall in love with them. A beautifully written love story that was a joy to read. Well-developed characters and an entertaining storyline. I read a reader copy and ...more
Angelia
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I give this book 2 of this story 4 stars. Will Amber and Peter find a HEA ending? A must read book 2 of this storyline, I whole heartedly recommend this book. I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
Pamela
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the conclusion to Peter and Amber's story. Peter knows what he wants and goes for it. His hesitation is understandable but he pushes through it. Amber is trying to move on but secretly wants Peter. Will these two finally get things worked out? A good story with all the emotions.

Lora Borzelleca
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked it...i did...buy after hearing so much about their past, I would have loved a longer view into their future.
Marcellina T Reno
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Forgiving the past and finding their future happiness together

Omg!! What a conclusion! Peter and Amber have finally have it right. The story picked up from Amber's biggest mistake. I was glad she came to her senses, but was nervous about whether Peter could really forgive her again. I loved how he let her know firmly, but in his own way that she couldn't keep running away with his heart because she was his everything. It was refreshing to see Amber finally realize that Peter was there for her an
Letitia Bennion
Beautiful

The second to the book For Her, we get to learn so much more about these two characters. The anger and hurt that they have hidden, the struggle Amber faces when she realizes she may have destroyed the best thing she has ever had. Can these two overcome Hollywood trying to keep them apart, will they get that happy ending? Penny wrote another amazing book and a great conclusion to the other book!
Mindy Chase-selder
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Peter and Amber!!

I loved how Peter and Amber’s story developed. In book 1 I was afraid that their past and Amber’s position as a director was going to get in the way of their relationship. But I’m so glad that Peter was not giving up. I Loved their chemistry and the flash backs that help show how these two got to where they were now. And the ending was swoon worthy. Great Read!!
Jacquie C M
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautiful love story...

For Us is a little something different from Penny Wylder, and I loved it! Book 2 of The Girl I Loved Duet wrapped up Peter and Amber's story in a tidy emotional bow.

With references to the past, I was fully involved in their second chance romance. I love the glimpses of what shapes a character into who they are today. Ms Wylder does that exceptionally well with this couple, this duet. 4.5 stars and highly recommended!
LaBlue
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
One stupid chick...

gets lucky with a devoted alpha male. HEA enclosed.

Penny Wylder is a really good writer but her ideas for her plot conflicts are ludicrously stupid. I have decided to stop buying and reading her books because of this storyline.

Having said that, I think her books a definitely someone’s cup of tea. Just not mine. Enjoy.
Kim Gauger
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great ending

Loved this finish of the duet. There are many things to be said about it from the rekindling of a high school romance to be coming adults and exploring was other again. This book was hot with lots of heated scenes. I loved their chemistry and their relationship. Great ending!
Heather A.
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Past meets present

Peter has always loved Amber but doesn't know he will get a second chance after the tragic incident in high school that changed both their lives. Their last brings them together for an even better future. This diet is a little different from Penny Wylder's usually one story one book, but they were both great to read
Sarah Dauenhauer
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great characters and plot line

Have you ever lost yourself in a book and went through the emotions the characters have? I have several time. With the characters, the writing, and the plot line, you feel as though you are IN the story and watching this happen to the characters. You feel the anger, the heartbreak and the passion involved in the story. I really love this author!
Moriah
Great story

This was a great second chance story. This is the second half of Peter and Amber's story. With their history and now working together, they have so many ups and downs. Will their relationship be able to stand this time around?
Karen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant book by penny.

Both both book 1 & book 2 kept my riveted from start to finish . I loved the chemistry between Amber and peter both in their past and their present together. I would recommend this to all my friends.
Christina Moody
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So dang good

This is the 2nd book so if you haven’t read the 1st one do that before reading this one. These two books need to be a movie!!! So good that I was sad when I finished reading them.
Isabel
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my Peter!!!

What a great part 2 of this story
I love reading Penny’s books
The story is always written and not to mention the hot *** !
Loved it
Marcie Sloan
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Second chance love at it's best.

I throughly enjoyed the 2 book as much as the 1st. Peter and Amber really have grown separately and as a couple.
Gina Zaccari
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love

Loved both books!!! I loved both Peter and Amber so much. I’m going to miss them. They are meant to be together
Kelly Land Burton
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Us

This is a great book! Exceptionally well written! Sweethearts coming back together after a long separation! Both are working in their chosen field
Jo
Jun 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
The thing I just don’t understand is why a blonde is on the book cover but we hear oh so much about Amber’s red hair.
Babel
A beautiful romance. Feelings and hotness in perfect balance. I think Peter and Amber are my favourite couple from this author. They are unique, tender, passionate and incredibly real. I fell in love with them all over again in this final part of the duet.

Peter is such a good man, patient and understanding, and an inventive lover ;-) My heart went out to him as more of his past wounds come to the surface. The alternating chapters between past and present keep getting better and better, showing m
B. C. Booklover
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute couples conclusion!

January 19, 2019

Format: Kindle Edition

Well, we didn't have to wait for long to find out what happens in the continuing and challenging story of Peter and Amber in this part 2 of The Girl I loved Duet. The previous book left us wondering if Peter had finally had enough of Amber pushing him away., which she seems to be a pro at.

Peter is a determined man and wants what he wants, his 1st and only love to want him the way that he needs her to. He never thought he'd have this c
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Oh, Lawd I’m feeling the vapors on this one!  For Usis the second book in The Girl I Loved duet and it is over the top swoon worthy.  Wylder is excellent at writing those forbidden naughty scenes that we all love to read and wish for in real life. This is a wonderful duet it and the first book is a must to truly know what is going on in the second book.  I loved this story line, the characters and the overall extraordinary writing of Penny Wylder.  Once again open a space on the Hollywood walk a ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
For Us by Penny Wylder brings the conclusion to Peter and Amber's story. We left the couple heartbroken and devastated in the first book. So I was eagerly waiting to read what happens next! And the author didn't disappoint me. The childhood sweethearts will find their HEA but not before facing some more obstacles!

Amber and Peter have own insecurities and issues. I love how they realize their mistakes and face the world as united front. The characters got more complexities in this book. And I lik
Fee96
ALL the STARS!

This duet is my absolute favorite of Penny Wyler's work. It's a departure from her insta alpha type shorts which I devour like decadent chocolate. This story and these characters are full length, dual pov, romance NIRVANA!

Peter & Amber's love story spans over a decade. Beginning in high school when Amber approaches Peter about coming to an audition and blossoming into a fantastic young hot but true love. Only to be interrupted by events that were completely out of their control. Br
« previous 1 3 next »

• Forever Winter
  • Virgin Wife (Virgin Marriage, #2)
  • Taking Back His Bride
  • Con Artist (Breeding, #6)
  • His Hostage
  • Locked Up Love
  • Resolution: Baby Batter (Resolution Pact)
  • Kissing Her
  • Stealing Valentine
  • Finding Home
  • Closer
  • Too Hard
  • Virgin Husband (Virgin Marriage, #1)
  • Ringing in the New Year
  • Sugar (Gimme #1)
  • Her Boyfriend's Friend
  • Wedding Cake Crasher
  • Nailed Down (Hammers and Veils #2)

The Girl I Loved Duet (2 books)
  • For Her (The Girl I Loved Duet #1)