Start by marking “The Trail to You” as Want to Read:
The Trail to You

The Trail to You

An independent blonde seeking a fresh start.

Orphaned and unhappy, Ally Hunter makes a life-changing decision to move across the country to a small town that once felt like home. As she reinvents herself, she realizes there’s one part of the equation missing—love. However, a tragedy from the past makes her hesitate when it comes to giving up her heart.

A betrayed man looking
Published March 16th 2019 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Trail to You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trail to You

DJ Sakata
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

I’m a sad, lonely housewife who cleans up boogers and deals with Candyland fights. Give me something interesting here.

Well, the guy thinks white socks and black dress shoes go together and believes watching Jaws is a romantic night. I had my doubts.

Her idea of being a foodie was knowing the different types of sauces at Chick-Fil-A.

You know how I spent Christmas Eve? Crying over bed bugs, looking up Pinterest ideas on getting gum out of Aggie’s hair, and reassuring Greg that the b
Jessika
So, before I get into my review of this, I'd like to offer a little bit of background on how I came to read this wonderful book. Let me preface this by saying that I love the area of central PA where I'm from, so much so that I moved back home after college. However, one of my very few complaints is that there's not much here for readers in terms of local authors, author events, or even bookstores (we have a local Barnes & Nobel and a Bradley's Used Books, and that's about it). So, when I ha ...more
Debby (Alwaysbooking)
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not going to lie, I don’t think one chapter in this book didn’t make me cry, happy tears, sad tears, lonely tears, confused tears… just tears. I was just a sloppy mess for this book. I know the dog that the book is written after so of course he was the easiest character for me to picture and he just pulled everything together for me.

If there is one thing I can always count on with Lindsay Detwiler it is the slow burn romance. I adore the fact that these two characters had some sort of instan
ItaPixie
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

The Trail to You was a nice,sweet and endearing read.

I liked all the characters,humans,little humans and dogs.And a beautiful dog is the main character of this novel, as a matter of fact thanks to this big mastiff named Henry the story starts,develops and ends.
I don't want to unveil the plot because it's such a good journey to take blindly and just enjoy the ride.

I love Lindsay Detwiler's writing, her books are always heartwarming and I can't recommend them enough.

Copy kindly provided by the

Sassy Southern
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ronan Carter has one meaningful thing in his life and that is his dog, Henry. It breaks his heart to have to leave him with his mom while he serves overseas with the National Guard but he knows he will have Henry to come home to.
Ally Hunter is about to begin her life again after moving from LA to Virginia after the death of her parents and the need to slow down. Once there she befriends Josie who believes she needs some company in her life and finds her a dog named Hank.
When Ronan arri
Rebecca Austin
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
I enjoyed this book but there were a few little things that bothered me as I was a reading but it was my personal reaction to the story.

I felt so bad for Ronan and I couldn’t imagine the anguish he felt upon getting home and discovering both his mom and his dog gone. He truly did the responsible thing by asking his mom to watch Henry and then she just disappeared which left Ronan on a wild goose chase trying to find Henry. It made me sad every time he hit a road block.

I liked Ally and thought sh
Kathy Wideman
This is the second book I have read by Lindsay. She writes slower burn romances. The characters have baggage and issues. They manage to help each other grow and discover themselves. Ally Hunter has moved across the country to start over and find herself. Ronan has just come back from a deployment to reunite with his best friend, Henry his mastiff only to find him gone. Ronan’s journey to find Henry leads him to finding Ally as well. Both Ally and Ronan have baggage from their past. Ally is still ...more
Lisa
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5*

This was such a sweet, beautiful read. It was a definite heart warmer, with it's wonderful tale of a man's best friend and fate.

Ronan and Ally find their way to each other through Henry, a glorious dog. Circumstances beyond Ronan's control mean that Henry is put up for adoption. A series of events lead him to Ally's home. Ally has experienced loss and is trying to rebuild her life and find her place. For her love is not on the cards and she has built walls to protect herself. Henry
Nicole Smith
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was first drawn to this book because of the cover. I love books with animals in them. I'm so glad that I read this one because the characters love and appreciate animals as much as I do. The journey poor Henry takes, but where his end destination takes him makes it all worth it. He just had to spread his love around to those who needed it at the time. Ronan is a character that grabs your heart and his mission to find his beloved dog. Then you have Ally who is making some major life changes and ...more
Dana Busenbark
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who is Ronan? What do we learn about him? Where is he off to and why? Who are Rose and Tina? Where do they work? What happens to Henry while Ronan is gone? Who is All? Where do we meet her? What type of work does she do? Who is Josie? Where does she run into Ally at? What ends up happening? What happens when Hank (a.k.a. Henry) ends up with Ally, it is so funny. Oh boy, do things get interesting when Ronan comes home. You need to read this sweet, touching romance. Enjoy! I did!

RECEIVED THIS BOO
Heather Jasinski
The Trail to you by Lindsay Detwiler is such a light warm cozy story to read. Ally and Ronan had a difficult past and how those two meet is really heartwarming.

One of my favorite characters is Josie . I loved her encouraging Ally to go and be herself and if love happens it happens to not be afraid of it. Everyone needs a friend like Josie.

"Listen, the heart isn't something we can rationalize with. It wants what it wants, and that's it."

"Live crazy. Live boldly. Live wildly."

I recommend this bo
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

A Must Read

Lindsay Detwiler is one of my favorite authors. I’m always excited when she has a new book out. This book was absolutely fantastic and is a must read.
Elizabeth Cole
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Original review can be found at: http://www.nerdprobs.com/books/book-r...

**A copy of this book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.**

I was so excited when I got an email from the author asking me if I would read her newest book. I have been waiting patiently for her next book to come out and I couldn’t wait to get started.

Ally has just recently moved to a new town in Virginia. She is looking for a fresh start after the traumatic death of her parents a little over a year a
Ronice
Megan (Ginger Mom)
Mar 18, 2019
McPhaul M.
May 07, 2019

Join Lindsay's VIP Fan Club here and get an exclusive excerpt of Remember When for Free: http://bit.ly/rememberwhenexcerpt

An English teacher, an author, and a fan of anything pink and/or glittery, Lindsay's the English teacher cliché; she love cats, reading, Shakespeare, and Poe.

She currently lives in her hometown with her husband, Chad (her junior high sweetheart); their cats, Arya, Amelia, Alice