Start by marking “Man vs Wife” as Want to Read:

Man vs Wife

The story is a sweet and sour narrative of a young, impulsive IT professional who wants to divorce his wife. Having come across the draconian Indian laws highly biased in favor of his wife, he teams up with a middle-aged struggling lawyer willing to go to any extent for greed. The lawyer advises the husband to break the seven vows of marriage one by one, so that his wife s ...more
Published January 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Man vs Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man vs Wife

Start your review of Man vs Wife
Vishnu Chevli
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall Verdict:- Light, Fun and Insightful

The first thing that grabbed my attention was the title. The entire cover felt like a paradox. The cover pictured the mehendi clad hand of the bride holding the sherwani clad hand of groom, and the title in respective gender colours; not “Husband” but “Man Vs Wife”.

“Man Vs Wife” is the story of Viral Singh wanting to divorce his wife Trisha and trying to escape the severity of women favouring laws for separation. The background behind the
Alok Mishra
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read Ashish's interesting novel Man vs Wife. The title is misleading and you will realise that only after reading the book. It takes the readers into realising that a man is incomplete without a wife and so is the wife, incomplete without her husband.
The novel opens with a plea of divorce that only brings fear to Viral as he realises that getting divorced in India requires luck, a lot of money and bravery. Trisha is his wife and also his sweetheart for long before their marriage that took a l
Sheetal Maurya - Godse (Halo of Books)
Marriage is an institution, which keeps on going with the equal effort of both husband and wife. Hinduism believes that marriage is a sacred bond which is made in heaven. However, nowadays the divorce rate is increasing and people are finding themselves easy to move on. This is a debut book by the author of Ashish Srivastava, who tried to explore and examine the concept of marriage and divorce in India.

Read more such reviews on Halo of Books - Book reviews

Plot summary:

The book sta/>Plot
Khyati Gautam
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marriage is considered to be a holy union of two souls in India where not just two individuals but two cultures are tied together. With the unbelievable paradigm shift in the institution of marriage that has come upon us in the changing times, things have started falling apart. People find it difficult to survive in a relationship due to overwhelming compatibility issues which have been discussed in Man Vs Wife.

In this book, the author attempts to bring forth the harsh reality behind
Kitabi Keeda
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Plot:
Marriages are said to change people and keeping the spark alive is no easy feat. It is not just the relationship between the two individuals that needs constant efforts but also requires bonding with the extended family as well. All it takes is one turn in the wrong direction and everything it stands for comes crashing down. It is no different for Viral and Trisha.

At first, everything is fairy-tale like - there is love, there is passion, there is understanding. Then comes a point when slo
Ankit Chouhan
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Man vs Wife is a novel written by Ashish Srivastava.

It is about a Man Mr. VIRAL SINGH who wants a divorce from his wife, sounds as simple as that, isn't it? But how a whole story turns out to be of this divorce is quite interesting.
So the story begins from outside the court, where Viral is looking for a lawyer to get him divorce from his wife.
So will he able to get divorce, what's the big deal about it? You have to read the novel to find out.

To start with
Camelia Bhaskar
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

The Ebook authored by Mr. Ashish Srivastava is based on the facts that how a couple goes through if they need separation through law. The hurdles faced by two people in marital bond and if they decide to separate they need to go through so much of hullabaloo sometimes they cannot decide which one is more difficult - To live with an incompatible partner or to go through the process of divorce altogether !

Price - 49/- ,

Buy it here - Amazon

The differ
Devanshi Sanghani
May 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This topic has always been ragged on the basis of their capabilities and their capacities. However, this story brings to us a legal battle between Mr. Viral Singh VS Mrs. Trisha Singh and how their marraige falls back into place after being filed for divorce.
Book Format: E-book.
Author: Ashish Shrivastava
Why I loved this book :
✅ Author is well-equipped with the language. Reading will be fluent and smooth.
✅ Author has stated some true facts about how procedures as to div
Swapna Peri
Book Title:  Man VS Wife
Author: Ashish Srivastava
Format: Kindle

Book Title:
The title of the book ' Man VS Wife ' is different and interesting.

Book Cover:
The image of the book is a double layered photo of wedding event of an Indian Couple with a simple font embossing with the title.

Plot:
The story is about a young married man with lots of ambitions and dreams. He convinces himself to apply a divorce though he is in comfortable wedlock. What lea
Ronak Shah
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
An awesome gripping, humorous read

Man vs Wife
Let's start with title it's complete different and new and the story is worth reading. I was unable to stop laughter while I'm reading this. Worth a time.
Our protagonist viral Singh who wants divorce from is wife. Mr. Viral is a ambitious and focused man. One Thing for sure you won't stop laughing till you end the book. Author talk about everything from vows to laws that's happens in india.
Story start outside co
Amit Sareen
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I still can't control laughing while writing this review! No matter how serious things are with our protagonist, Mr. Singh, your smile won't leave until you stop reading and try and understand the gravity of the situation.

First-time author, touchy subject - I was a bit skeptical at first. But as a monthly commitment to myself, to try at least one unknown author, what a gem I found! And that's why I never give up on reading unknown authors. I love to stumble upon such stuff and fall o
Banaja Prakashini
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
The plot is unconventional and throws light on the aspects of the suffering of an innocent man who gets in the turmoil of divorce. India is a country where a majority of women are oppressed and most of them suffer at the hands of a man. But here, we witness something different.When I say the book was offbeat, I mean it. I loved the idea of the plot and the way the climax was executed. Halfway through, I had guessed it might end up as a murder mystery and had loathed the idea of innocence gone do ...more
Saswati Rath
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
From the title 'Man vs Wife', what a reader does guess is the set of conflicts that a couple come across daily in order to live a happy-go-lucky life. But, that's not the case, actually.

The story outlines situation of a normal man with eyes full of dreams and his quest to free himself from the knot called 'marriage'. It also brings into highlight how the vows taken during marriage are not kept and brutally broken.

I find, the protagonist, Viral Singh's character is pretty
Dipanshu Rawal
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first impression of the book wasn’t good at all. I thought it’d be another jerky, misogynistic, and cheesy/tragic romance fiction. Also, why is the title “Man vs Wife” and not “Man vs Woman” or “Husband vs Wife”.

But damn, the book was good.

The language is simple and the concept is extremely sticky. In fact, the plot of this book is well drafted. 5/5 to the author for this.

So the story is about the protagonist trying to divorce his wife. But then entered the
Kavita Jhala
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
A few emerging points:
- A funny portrayal of marriage and the chaos in Indian context
- Gives a glimpse of the Marriage and Divorce Laws and their loopholes
- A nice blend of legalities and human relationship quirks
- The story holds potential but gets let down by the language in use
- Editing the eBook would have made it better
- The cover design is a sore thing working against the eBook

Overall, good book to read, it could have been made better
Abhilash Ruhela
Mar 18, 2019
Subhajit Das
Oct 30, 2019
Kavita
rated it did not like it
Jan 16, 2019

• Ashok and the Nine Unknown
  • The Speaking Stone
  • Rewind and Play
  • Mumtaz and Taj Mahal
  • The Last Avatar (Age of Kalki #1)
  • Give Your Heart a Break
  • The Curse of Anuganga
  • Narasimha (The Mahaavatar Trilogy #1)
  • Daredreamers: A Start-up of Superheroes
  • I am Always Here With You
  • In Love with Simran
  • Will You Stay?
  • Done With Her...
  • LIGHTS! SCALPEL! ROMANCE!
  • KAVACH OF SURYA (Karna-Vasu Book 2)