Start by marking “King” as Want to Read:
King

King

(Power Players #5)

From New York Times bestselling author Cassia Leo comes a romance about taking chances, double lives, and falling madly in love with the one person you’re supposed to want dead.

Never steal from a king.

Published February 26th 2019

To ask other readers questions about King, please sign up.
Sandy S It's available now...it was released March 20, 2019…moreIt's available now...it was released March 20, 2019(less)

Start your review of King
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This was better than I hoped it was going to be!! It was dangerous, heartwarming, sexy, and it left me with a smile on my face.

Never steal from a king

After a night that could’ve gone so much worse, Izzy is now on the run leaving her home of Las Vegas behind. Hoping to start fresh and fly under the radar, she moves to a small town in North Carolina where she begins her simple life. But an uneasy feeling has never left her since she drove away from her past life, and that’s within good
Courtney
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

King is another standalone in Cassia's Power Player series and it can be read as a standalone easily. This book is solely about Izzy and King.

I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand, I truly enjoyed reading this story. I liked the plot and the idea behind, but it was how things played out that felt too easy for me. There was a nice touch of suspense but again, things just felt like they were too easy.

King is suppose to be this ex-military, tough guy but I never truly got that
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
description
Delightfully twisty…

I love when a first read by an author can knock me side-ways and King did just that! Izzy and King were thrown together by extraordinary circumstances in a very unusual courtship. Izzy was hiding and King was determined to find out all her secrets – no matter what he had to do to get them….
Izzy and King where living in that ‘grey’ area of life where right and wrong were skewed just a wee bit here and there to fit their story. While I might have struggled with the ethical bits
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This story is one hell of a roller coaster ride. I loved every minute of it right from page one till the end and that ending was killer. I love a good romance suspense book and that is what you have here because Izzy finds herself in quite the predicament when she is in Las Vegas and goes on the run.

See Izzy is down on her luck and has to become a prostitute to survive. So she works at this brothel when she has this customer who comes in and suddenly dies. She sees he has a suitcase with him and
Coco.V
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
King by Cassia Leo is on sale for $0.99 (regular price $4.99) on Amazon today (7/29/2019)💞
Heather andrews
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
King likes to take care of his lady, even if said lady is smashed, “You’d better not try anything,” she says as she lazily pats her ***, where she just tucked her gun away. Eff. I have to check the safety on that thing. This woman has a death wish." King is always fascinated with his lady's fashion choices, "I let my gaze travel down the length of her body, skimming every one of her curves. “You got a bikini on under there?” I liked I liked King. ...more
The Smutbrarians
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feels 3
Steam 4
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Ladyballs

Izzy is a firecracker, that is for sure! She is independent, stubborn, super smart and full of one liners. Izzy is also on the run. She took something that didn't belong to her and now after clues were left behind as to who she was, she has the wrong people after her.

Enter King AKA Colton. Super hot, ex-military turned hit man. King works for the wrong people...not by choice but out of obligation and you
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
King started with a bang, and the curveballs never stopped coming. Izzy’s inauspicious career in a Nevada brothel was thankfully over before it ever really began, and I couldn’t believe the intense ride that would be started in that seedy little building. Cassia Leo took us all for quite a ride in King, and I was obsessed with it. The suspense in King was the highlight for me, but I also loved the development of King and Izzy’s relationship.

I was guilty of prejudging Izzy based on her life choic
Nina♡
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Epic Suspense Romance not to be missed!

I was in a book slump but Cassia came to the rescue with this epic book!
I could not put it down. This is a great one to sink your teeth into if you're looking for a total package kind of book. It had everything I needed.
Superb characterization✓
Great plot✓
Great chemistry✓
Great suspense✓

Izzy had it rough her entire life and that what made her such a strong female character. She is intelligent, strong, independent, and girl crush worthy. She stole something
PAULA
KING BY CASSIA LEO

Okay. I have a confession.

King is the first book I have probably read this year. I am not sure but if I have read one last January, I do not remember and that I am sorry. I have been and I still am (I think) in a bookfunk and I am still finding my juju. I have to admit that when I started reading King I totally miss the feeling of excitement when it comes to reading a book and the adventure it brings you. I also miss the writing talent of Ms. Leo. It is engaging, has humor and
D.L. Gallie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassia hooked me from the very beginning and kept me guessing until the very last page. I had my theory, and as usual I was way off base but Cassia definitely took it in the better direction.
Cassi's héros are getting swoonerier and swoonerier (they are totally words by the way) with each book and her heroines are just as suave and someone I totally want to be friends with.
Izzy is tough and kick ass. King is swoon worthy and totally bad ass. Together, they are a super bad ass duo.
I'd like to see
Cassie
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book sucked me in and had me flipping thru pages to learn more. Izzy's character was a lot stronger and smarter that I first thought and that had me rooting for her though the story. King was a little harder for me to relate to at first, but as I got to know him, he easily became a contender on the "Favorite Alpha List". I enjoyed the interrogation scenes, they drew me further into the story. I feel like I needed a little more in the end - but it was a good book, with a good story that I wo ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
This book definitely pulls you in from the beginning and just won't let you go. It has a lot of twist and turns that will have you wondering just what the heck is going to happen next. King was awesome, mysterious, and sexy. Izzy was amazing, she was so strong and self sufficient. I really liked this book and can't wait for more from this author. ...more
C Gray
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What happens when you meet a gorgeous, mysterious man while on the run?? You keep him close, very close.

Izzy aka Jolene is on the run after taking something she shouldn’t have ever even seen. Just when things start to settle down for her a gorgeous man walks into her job and turns her life upside down once again.

King aka Colton is sent to North Carolina to retrieve a stolen suitcase. Last thing he was expecting was to fall for the beautiful girl who took it. Once he gets to know her better, pl
Tianna Croy
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When life throws you lemons like they did Izzy, you have to make the best of things. For King the choices he made haunt him but he won't make the choice with Izzy that will haunt him. That girl had tons of spit and vinegar. Faced with the choice I'm not sure which I would do. The money sure sounds good but the life on the run isn't as appealing but a life with King sure is. Between the two of them they plan the ultimate escape.

Life is too short to not eat the cake
Sandy S
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date March 26, 2019

Never steal from a king.

Down on her luck in Las Vegas, Isabel “Izzy” Lake turns to the regulated prostitution industry. But her first day on the job ends abruptly when her client dies, and his suitcase contains over a million dollars.

Izzy takes the money and sets off to a small town on the other side of the country, where she attempts to live a low-profile life. A few weeks into her new country girl lifestyle, she finds owning an old fixer-
Sandy
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it
**3.75 BLUSHES**

Kingston “King” Jameson was a soldier. As a civilian, his “construction company” is laundering money for a dirty politician. King’s best friend, said politician’s son, ends up dead in an empty hotel room. A suitcase carrying over a million dollars of his daddy’s money is missing. King has to get it back and dispose of the person that stole it.

Isabel “Izzy” Lake has no resources. She turns to the oldest profession which is easily done in Las Vegas. Then her first customer overdose
The Smutbrarians
Reviewed by Ladyballs

Eileen (Bangor Belles) Robinson
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Izzy Lake never imagined her life would become such a disaster that she would turn to prostitution. To make matters worse, her first client dies, leaving her with his suitcase filled with money. The temptation is too much and she flee's to a new life, new name, new person, though she always feels someone will come looking for what she has stolen.
She wasn't wrong!
King, her new neighbour, ex military, hot, delicious, sexy, helpful and is showing plenty of interest in her well being, but can she t
Cathy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Cassia has given us an absolute gem of a read. From the very beginning I was captivated by the story line. I enjoyed how the book flowed from present to past and back. The intricate details that Cassia provides in her books as always, astounds me. She has an amazing knack of describing scenes so well and with so much detail that you feel you are there, seeing/feeling what is happening to the characters.

The two main characters of this book King and Izzy were instantly likeable. Izzy f
Kim FIELD
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the very start, this book is full of suspense and drama and a twist of romance. Izzy is one brave and a bold young lady, and extremely capable of taking care of herself. I loved how Izzy had planned her get away from the start and the way she went about ensuring her safety. And the more you read through the book the more you understood about her past, the more impress you became with the way she holds herself together throughout the book right from the start until the very end. Izzy has one ...more
Michelle Austin
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: author-arcs

King was a great 5 star read. I was pulled right in and didn’t want to stop until I was done.

Izzy finds herself in a situation that could change her life either for the good or the bad. She decides to run with a suitcase full of money and never look back. What she doesn't’ realize until it’s too late is that she has left something behind that can identify who she really is.

Sometimes, in life, the most difficult path is the only path that makes any darn sense.

King had trusted Garrett to do a j
Jasmina Ceha (bbj Bookmarks by Jasmina)
I love romance stories where apart of great characters and love, there is also complex and profound storyline.
I was really happy that I found this book written by author Cassia Leo because King story from the beginning was so incredibly suspenseful that I could only assume what will happen next, but even then I was very surprised where whole plot was coming. This story was so addicting that I couldn't put this book down.
Author blended together present and past story of main characters and revea
Books Lover
When I first read the synopsis of this book, I knew I have to read this, The plot was very promising. So When I got the hold of this book I must say that it was a good read although this is my first by Cassia Leo and it didn't disappointed me at all. It was captivated with a tinge of Suspense.

I Loved both main characters King/Colton and Izzy/jo-jo BUT if I say that I found Izzy more in action then king so it won't be wrong, she was one hell of a women, never let her guard down, very sharp w
Ga Books LoverX
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, It seemed a little short, but not in a bad way! It was complex and suspenseful with some heavy dose of lust.

Izzy is a down on her luck first day on the job prostitute that finds the guy that paid for her dead with a suitcase of money right next to him. She is a good person, but she has had a hard life and cannot let this opportunity pass.

King was in the military with his buddy that saved his life. When they got out, King owed his buddy's father and ended up working s
LianaReads blog
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book from the first page till the end.
Guilt and remorse are very painful feelings but somehow, sometimes we get over everything when a special person comes along in our life when less expected and turns everything upside down.
It started with such a rollercoaster of events that i was like wow what am i really reading here? But kept reading it till the end because it's a great story with a lot of laughs out loud moments that had me in tears of laughter actually and so many suspense mome
Sarah Larson
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love everything that Cassia Leo writes. King is part of her Power Players series but is a standalone novel.

Izzy Lake gets herself into a sticky situation the first night of her new job and the only way to keep herself safe is to disappear She moves far away from Las Vegas and changes everything about herself. She has vowed to whatever it takes to stay alive but still enjoy life. She never expects to be extremely attracted to her new neighbor but what will happen when she figures ou
Paige Smith
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning, King kept me on the edge of my seat. True to a Cassia Leo book, there are plenty of twists and turns as well as steam and angst to keep everyone entertained.

Upon getting out of the prostitution circuit, Isabel "Izzy" Lake stumbles upon a briefcase with a lot of money inside. She makes the decision to take the money and leave the city life for a more small-town feel. Settling in the country comes with its perks when she meets her hunky neighbor, Kingston Jameson. Kingston is
Jamie  Zishka
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is not your typical fairy tale romance. Its a bad situation that turns both the lives of King and Izzy upside down. I would give this book a 4 stars. If I had to criticize one thing I would say the book flowed really well through-out and then the end felt a bit rushed and thrown together, but I still enjoyed the book and would recommend to others.

Izzy is in hiding, on the run, she knows she has to be careful with every step she takes... but when her new neighbors offers to help her around
Bec
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved this book so much I wish there were more to read of it! This is why it lost a star..I know that could be deemed as being unfair but nobody is perfect right?

I admired the heroine. The author didn't tell us how much thought and care she took in escaping and starting again, we read it all. The heroine criss crossed around the countryside, changed her looks, didn't live flashy, was very careful around people. Unfortunately she had a bad accent! I enjoyed her interactions with the hero before
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Charade: Her Billionaire - Paris (Her Billionaire, #1)
  • Avalanche (BearPaw Resort #1)
  • Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1)
  • Kade (Kincaid Security & Investigations, #1)
  • Beautiful Risk (R.I.S.C., #3)
  • Falling For The Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #9)
  • Shadows Landing, Books 1 & 2: Savings Shadows / Sunken Shadows (Shadows Landing #1-2)
  • Breaking Storm (White Wattle Creek #1)
  • A Study in Seduction (Daring Hearts #1)
  • Men Of Honor Series Box Set (Men of Honor, #1-4)
  • Security Breach (Rogue Security and Investigation, #1)
  • Fugitive (A Rocky Mountain Thriller, #2)
  • Paws off the Boss (A Rescue Dog Romance #1)
  • Whiskey River Runaway (Whiskey River, #2)
  • Hit & Run (PASS, #1)
  • A Perfect Escape
  • Shielding Kinley (Delta Team Two, #2)
  • Dating the Player (The Legends #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat

Power Players (5 books)
  • Chase: Complete Series (Chase, #1-4)
  • Luke: Complete Series (Luke, #1-7)
  • Knox: Complete Series (Knox, #1-4)
  • Cash (Power Players, #4)