Start by marking “Is Butter a Carb?: Unpicking Fact from Fiction in the World of Nutrition” as Want to Read:
Is Butter a Carb?: Unpicking Fact from Fiction in the World of Nutrition

Is Butter a Carb?: Unpicking Fact from Fiction in the World of Nutrition

The ultimate myth-busting nutrition bible.

Registered dietitians Rosie Saunt and Helen West are the founders of The Rooted Project, set up to translate the latest research direct to your plate, and make evidence-based nutrition accessible and engaging.

In this book, they explore everything from the danger of anecdotal evidence and unsubstantiated 'facts' about food to the

Published June 6th 2019 by Piatkus

To ask other readers questions about Is Butter a Carb?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Is Butter a Carb?

Start your review of Is Butter a Carb?: Unpicking Fact from Fiction in the World of Nutrition
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
Must-read for anyone interested in nutrition. There is so much "nutribollocks" out there on the internet, theories and diets that are completely unfounded and not backed up by evidence. This book really breaks down and debunks all of the theories and trends, simplifies eating for those of us who have been confused by the abundance of information (and misinformation) presented in the media and online. It also takes a body positive approach to food and seeks to improve our relationship with it and ...more
Emily O’Dowd
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear, concise, and easily digestible (pun intended), this book is an excellent overview of research to-date in nutrition. The chapters are balanced and non-judgemental, and reflect how good scientific writing should be, while also being very easy to read for someone with a non-scientific background. I flew through it and found it very interesting, and will be going back to different sections any time I have a query. Particularly loved the discussions on weight stigma and contemporary fad-diets!
Amanda Wallace
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly useful book, in the age of fake nutritional advice being freely thrown around on Instagram, this book gives evidence-based advice on all the nutrition myths out there. I like that the author isn't trying to sway you one way or another, they are simply giving you the facts, and also admitting when there isn't enough evidence/trials yet to prove something.

I learnt so much about health in such an accessible, easy-to-read way. Highly recommend.
Katie
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy to understand, science backed nutrition

The authors base all their information on scientific evidence, but somehow manage to make the entire book entertaining and easy to read. They explain everything in simple terms but give enough references and new perspectives on things for all of the nutrition nerds wanting to know a little bit more.
Felicity Richards
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Easy to read, but I still learned alot despite feeling like I already had quite a secure base of nutrition knowledge. I especially liked how balanced the book was, and the chapter on Diet Culture and Weight Stigma (although I wish there was more information about Intuitive Eating, even a whole chapter, as I felt this part left me with more questions and wanting to know more practical tips)
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A book based on science debunking many mths/trends of popular diets and ways of eating. A good read as most will know navigating around what you should or should not eat to lose weight/ be healthy can be so confusing.
Jo
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health-lifestyle
Very easy to read and for anyone wanting to cut thru the pseudoscience and get a better understanding of nutrition fact from fiction Id recommend this book. ...more
Shakeel Mohd
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Simply healthy

A very well explanation in a simplified manner of the modern and overall misconceptions and myths of diets and food habits.
I recommend this to all out there.
Kathleen McG
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Such an interesting, factual and practical book.
Steven Hill
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
All pretty generic and common sense
Katherine
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has really helped me shape a healthy perspective on food and nutrition while giving clear, factual information heavily backed by current research. The authors address a huge variety of nutrition-related issues that are current and relevant. I am so glad I read this book, it has truly changed my relationship with eating and understanding of nutrition.
India
Aug 07, 2019
Jade Phillips
Jan 30, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Just Eat It: How intuitive eating can help you get your shit together around food
  • How to Fail: Everything I’ve Ever Learned From Things Going Wrong
  • The No Need to Diet Book: Become a Diet Rebel and Make Friends with Food
  • Animals
  • Not a Diet Book: The Must-Have Fitness Book From the World's Favourite Personal Trainer
  • Feel Better In 5: Your Daily Plan to Feel Great for Life
  • Sex Power Money
  • Jog On: How Running Saved My Life
  • How to Feel the Fear and Eat It Anyway: How to Eat Everything (and Stop Worrying About it)
  • The Angry Chef: Bad Science and the Truth about Healthy Eating
  • So Lucky
  • Adults
  • Twas the Nightshift Before Christmas
  • Money: A User’s Guide
  • Eat Yourself Healthy: An easy-to-digest guide to health and happiness from the inside out
  • Sweet Sorrow
  • Pretty Unhealthy: Why our obsession with looking healthy is making us sick
  • The Wellness Rebel

News & Interviews

With clever detectives, missing jewels, murderous women, daring spies, and more, mysteries and thrillers deliver page-turning delight with ever...