Start by marking “The Impact Zone (Ryder Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Impact Zone (Ryder Bay, #2)

The Impact Zone

(Ryder Bay #2)

A nomad. A wallflower. A riptide of romance…

Savannah enjoys living in the shelter of her best friend’s shadow. But when a mysterious accident sends her BFF into a coma, Savannah is left adrift. In search of a hobby to distract her, she takes up surfing but can’t keep her eyes off the hot new guy hiring out surfboards on the beach…

Griffin dreads the impending moment when

Published March 1st 2019 by Jordan Ford Books

To ask other readers questions about The Impact Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Impact Zone

Start your review of The Impact Zone (Ryder Bay, #2)
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
Okay wow, where do I start?

The author is not kidding when she says this book is packed, and I mean packed with raw emotions, it will make you want to cry and laugh all at once and almost at every chapter.

This was definitely a lot harder to read than Over the Falls, mainly because of the characters' past and what they have grown through.

Savannah, a young girl loses her mother to cancer at a young age, and has had to take the mother role in the family. Worse, who best friend is in the coma, she
Kitlina
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-kindle, arc
*Thank you to the author for gifting me with an ARC of this book!*

Ok, wow, where to start.
This was such a great read, the story felt so wholesome, so good. I absolutely loved Griffin, he is sweet, respectful, protective. What more could you ask in a boyfriend. He was such a good choice for Sav, she deserves happiness and they make a perfect couple.
I am so grateful I've got to read this so soon because I read the first book when it came out and I really needed this. I had it on pre-order already
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Impact Zone is the secondbook in the Ryder Bay series, and whilst I enjoyed my foray back to Ryder Bay, I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first book... and I don't really know why!

Skylar is still in a coma, and Savannah is drowning in responsibilities. You find out more about Aiden and their break up through Savannah's eyes, including how she becomes friends with Harley. Savannah is a genuinely nice person, and very mature for her age as life experiences haven't always been easy.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
The Impact Zone is the second book in Jordan Ford's Ryder Bay series and I think I found myself falling even more in love with the author's brilliant storytelling ability. This was a beautifully written and unique tale that wholeheartedly captivated my heart and left me absolutely breathless as I devoured page after page!

Savannah and Griffin's story took us on an emotional journey full of heartbreaking moments that will stop you right in your
Lola
I received a free copy from the author and voluntarily reviewed it

I really enjoyed Over The falls, the first book in this series and I excitedly started reading The Impact Zone. The Impact Zone is a great sequel and I like how it has a different couple, but also continues certain plot lines from book 1. I didn't enjoy it as much as book 1, but I still had a great time reading this and I was happy I got to return to Ryder Bay. It's interesting how this story starts a bit before the end of book 1
Brandie
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where to start. This is book two in the Ryder Bay series and follows Savannah a.k.a. Savvy and Griffin.

Savannah has had a lot on her plate the last couple of days, starting with her breaking up with Aiden, to her best friend Sklyar falling into the water, ultimately ending with Sklyar suffering a head injury leading to her coma. Griffin is a nomad surfer running from his past. He starts to have feelings for Savannah but keeps telling himself he is not allowed to because by the end of the summer
Jennifer G
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
He's a nomad, not by choice but for his safety. She's a follower, trying to keep everyone happy. Savannah lives in Skylar, her best friend’s shadow. But when Skylar is hurt and ends up in a coma, Sav is on her own. Seeing how good surfing has been for her ex-boyfriend Aiden, she decides to take lessons herself. Griffin the hot new guy renting out surfboards on the beach. He knows he should stay away from Sav. He can't afford to get attached. He has a past and too many secrets. Ryder Bay feels ...more
Lexee Toste
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story!! It was a great read with fantastic characters. Savannah and Griffin really drew me in from beginning to end. I was not ready to leave them and their story yet, so hopefully we get more of them. Griffin has been running for years with a fake ID trying to stay safe and be good. Savannah is going through a hard time and trying to figure things out. Her best friend is in a coma, her ex-boyfriend is moving on, and she's fighting with her sister. Her mom passed and so she ...more
Linda
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Impact Zone begins with Savvy's POV of the events of book 1. Although it hurts, she helps Aidan and Harley, and sees firsthand his feelings for Harley and realizes that her relationship with Aidan is definitely over.

Set adrift after having broken up with Aidan and him now involved with someone else, and her best friend in a coma, Savvy finds herself needing a hobby to fill in the gaps in her social life. Deciding that surfing looks fun and it gives her a chance to hang at the beach where
Marisa Gomez
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is the story of Savannah and Griffin. When I read the scene in Over The Falls where Savannah and Griffin help Aiden save Harley I had a feeling that Savannah and Griffin would be great together.
This story doesn't disappoint and we get to know Savannah and Griffin's past. They fight their feelings but end up falling fast for one another. All throughout the book I wondered the complete story to Griffin's past because although it sounded bad he was a good person at heart so something had
Bel
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving this Ryder Bay series so much. I had mixed feelings about Savannah coming into this book, however once her layers were pulled back and she was forced to step out of her best friends shadow, she came alive and her personality really shone through. Griffin is just a gentle soul dealt a tough hand and is fighting to turn his life around one day at a time.

This beautiful YA series really delves into the feelings of these teens and you feel all their emotions as they happen. Harley and Aidan
Karla Vértiz
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Griffin is a free spirit or at least that is what you think at the beginning but you know that he is hiding something. That is the real reason he haven’t made roots anywhere until he got to Ryder Bay. He has a great job, he likes his boss and he finds this small town endearing but he knows best that he will have to leave once the summer ends. Savannah is a rich and insecure girl, she lost her mother couple of years ago and her best friend, the person she trusts the most is in the hospital. Her ...more
Juliana Ignácio
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
We met Savannah and Griffin briefly in the first book of this series, but now we have the opportunity to know these two characters better.
Savannah is a responsible girl, having taken on the role of "mother" at home after her mother's death. While dealing with her best friend in a coma, she looks for a hobby for the summer and ends up finding passion surfing. She learns to surf with Harley and they become good friends.
Griffin is a nomad fleeing from his past and ending up at Rider Bay. He didn't
Laure
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Savannah Green broke up with her boyfriend, but finds herself taking surfing lessons, and becoming friends with her ex's new girlfriend. Griffin Ayala is a nomad, and after he meets Savannah he would like nothing more than to stay in Ryder Bay and have her as his girlfriend, but he is afraid that if he stays his past will catch up with him. Savannah and Griffin are young, but their devotion to each other will help to solve the mystery of why her best friend is in a coma. Beautifully well ...more
Nana Pickrell
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ya
I was privileged enough to receive an advanced reader copy of this book from the author for a voluntary and honest review.
Wow, what a fabulous, powerful, well written story this is, its full of action and caught my interest from the beginning, the storyline kept me intrigued and I wanted to know what would happen next. This storyline is captivating, flows really well, hooks you in and grabs a hold of your heart. It took me through several emotions, I even shed a tear or two. Can't wait for
April
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Impact Zone is book two in the Ryder Bay series. It should read after the first book as the overall plot is connected to the first book. This is about Savannah and Griffin. Savannah is the ex-girlfriend of Aiden from book one and Griffin works at a surf shop. I loved these two characters together. Savannah goes to a private school, her best friend is in a coma after falling from the pier and her ex-boyfriend is now dating a local girl. Griffin is the older guy who works at the local surf ...more
Bella
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written, touching story that will leave you breathless!
I'm not a huge fan of YA fiction, generally. But there is just something about the worlds and the characters that author Jordan Ford brings to life that utterly transfix me. This author does not treat YA fiction with any less care or complexity just because the subjects are younger. Indeed, this book captures the exquisite pain of being a teenager, and explores difficult concepts with sensitivity and ease. I absolutely adored
Carly Bemberg
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh this book was sooo good. Jordan Ford did an an amazing job continuing the story of Ryder Bay. I could not put this book down as the story started to unfurl in the second half. She really makes you feel the emotions of her characters. I love the fact that Harley and Aidens story continued in this second book and you can see how their relationship grows as well as seeing how Savannah changes as well. Such an amazing story and I can not wait to read the next book!
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This time Harley and Aidan are side characters, this is Savannah and Griffin's story. Picking up where the last book left us we find life changed for Savvy, her bestie is still in a coma and she has a chance to find herself. By the time the story got to about half way it really took off and I couldn't put it down. It's a well written, slightly angst filled teen romance with plenty of dramatic moments and a mystery to solve. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Renee Adams-Cook
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Jordan Ford. The 2nd book in the series and it was just as great as the first one. Although I didnt LOVE Savannah and Griffin as much as I Loved Harley and Aiden, I did enjoy their story. And having a continuation of Harley and Aiden made it that much sweeter. I really enjoyed the mystery aspect and the suspense that followed and I am so excited to read the next one.

I recommend this book to anyone wanting a fun enjoyable read.
Tammy Criswell Brock
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loved, loved this book, Savannah is such a sweet kind hearted person, lost without her best friend, starts finding herself and learning to surf, Griffin has had a rough life so far but didnt let it turn him into a bad person, he is sweet and caring. Anxiously waiting to see what happens next. Great having Harley and Aiden involved with story also.
Tammy Conatser
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an arc of this book and offered to give my opinion on it. I liked it a lot. I thought the characters were very relatable and interesting, and it held my attention throughout. I liked the writing style and would love to read more on them. Very good job!
Sherry Vaughan
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jordan Ford really knows howto craft a good suspense. Her heroes and heroines are so endearing. Her villians are devious and cruel. The action can sometimes terrifying. She even writes a gentle cliffhanger. All in all, this book is close to perfect.
Sammie
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.25 to 4.5 stars
Kate
Amazing!
They’re adrift: Griffin has left behind his past, and Savannah has lost her anchors; from her Mother, to her ex boyfriend moving on, and now her bestie isn’t even there to cast her usual shadow. These two have a lot going on, and each and every hurdle in their lives sets up a heartfelt, irresistible love story.
Where Over the Falls set the hook for Ryder Bay, The Impact Zone pulls you in even deeper. Savannah and Griffin’s story is an intense new installment in the series that’ll only
Latifa Morrisette
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Impact Zone is book two in the series. When an accident puts Savannah's friend Skylar into a coma, she finds herself adrift. Griffin fears the past that he's been running from resurfacing. But when the two find themselves spending time together and and Savannah coming out of her shell, will his fears ruin everything blossoming between them? This book was amazing and I honestly can't wait to read what's next for this series
Marsha Graniel
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ryder Bay series is becoming one of my favorite series by Jordan Ford! Savannah and Griffin’s story is beautifully written. I couldn’t put the book down wanting to know what will happen next. It’s romantic, and suspenseful. And their chemistry is undeniable. I really enjoy reading this series an I can’t wait to read more of Jordan Ford’s books.

I voluntarily leave an honest review of this Advanced Readers Copy .
Breana Cornell
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a great read! Once I got started I wasn’t able to put it down! I loved seeing this side of Savannah, and also seeing what happens with Harley and Aidan. Jordan Ford has to be one of my favorite authors, and I would 100% recommend this read!
Rozlyn Deponte
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anxious!

I loved the mystery behind everything. Back to when Griffin had a past life that he thinks might scare people away to when Ripper (although i already lnew) showed his teue colors. I am on the tip of my toes to read the final sequence in the Ryder Bay series, how will Skylar cope with her BFF hanging around these new people? A surfer girl she got on bad terms with and the new sweet dred head. Love it!!
Louisa
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Get hooked on surfing and love

Wow this book was just as good as the first one in this series. I simply devoured it, couldn't put it down from the first word to the last. This story picks up with Skyler in hospital in a Coma and focus on Savannah and Griffin's story. Savy's try to not only cope with what happen to her best friend but losing her boyfriend. Griffin is a nomad with a past, who slowly falls in love with Ryder Bay but with Savy. Will his past come back to haunt him forcing him to run

• Saving Hadley (Boys of Summer)
  • Playing the Enemy (The Trouble with Tomboys Book 1)
  • Beach Town Bad Boy (Boys of Summer)
  • Crushing on My Brothers' Best Friend (Sweet Water High Book 2)
  • Too Nerdy to Handle: A Sweet YA Romance (Crazy Crush Book 2)
  • Forever Yours (Ridgewater High #6)
  • My Mistletoe Mix-Up (Ridgewater High #5)
  • Falling for the Rich Boy (Boys of Summer)
  • The Perfect Score (Kissing the Enemy Book 3)
  • It's a Prank: A Sweet YA Romance (Sweet Water High Book 8)
  • The Perfect Catch (Kissing the Enemy, #1)
  • My Virtual Prince Charming (Geeks Gone Wild Book 2)
  • Kissing the Boy Next Door (Sweet Water High #3)
  • Misunderstanding the Billionaire's Heir (Sweet Water High, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Nerdy: A Sweet YA Romance (High School Billionaires Book 1)
  • Audible Love: A Young Adult Romance
  • Love at First Fight (Geeks Gone Wild Book 1)
  • Flirting With The Enemy  (Boys of Summer)
Jordan Ford is a young adult romance author.

“Writing high school romances brings me the greatest joy. My heart bubbles, my insides zing, and I am at my happiest when immersed in a great scene with characters who have become real to me.”

Her first series, The Big Play Novels, is based on a high school football team in the fictional town of Nelson, Idaho.

"I've totally fallen in love with this team

Ryder Bay (5 books)
  • Over the Falls (Ryder Bay #1)
  • Face of the Wave (Ryder Bay Book #3)
  • Wipeout: A Sweet Teen Romance (Ryder Bay Book 4)
  • White Water: An epilogue novella (Ryder Bay Book 5)