Start by marking “The Stone's Heart (The Queen's Wing #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stone's Heart (The Queen's Wing #2)

The Stone's Heart

(The Queen's Wing #2)

Something evil is gathering power in the kingdom. It knows the secrets in your heart, and nobody is safe…

Petra Kel – young and headstrong – has been named General of the Queen’s Guard. But while Petra’s head may be in rebuilding the war-torn kingdom alongside her childhood friend Queen Belengaria, she left her heart miles away in their homeland, the day she turned her bac
Published February 19th 2019 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Stone's Heart, please sign up.
Jessica Thorne Hi Ninni, The Stone's Heart is in Petra and Bel's POVs. J

Carrie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Stone’s Heart by Jessica Thorne is the second book of The Queen’s Wing fantasy series. This is a continuing fantasy read so it is best to begin with the first book of the series, The Queens Wing to be able to fully understand the series with this book picking up after the end of the first.

The story centers around seventeen year old Bel who wanted nothing more than to become a flyer like her older brothers. Born on the fringes of royalty however Bel was still being trained to be a princess mu
Katie Gallagher
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first in this science-fantasy series, The Queen’s Wing, is the best book I’ve read this year hands down, so suffice it to say that I was beyond excited to read The Stone’s Heart and bought it the day of release. The Stone’s Heart picks up pretty much exactly after the last book ended and introduces Petra, Bel’s bodyguard, as a new POV; the book shifts between their POVs throughout. It took me a little while to feel fully immersed in the book, but that was really a me-thing instead of a book- ...more
K.S. Marsden
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After overthrowing the Gravian attackers, Bel finally takes her place as leader of her new world. With the help of General Petra Kel, they have new threats creeping in from every direction.

I received a free copy from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is the second book in The Queen's Wing series, and I highly recommend you read it in order, because this jumps straight in where the last book left off, and there's a lot of background knowledge needed.

Bel continues to be one of the n
Shalini
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the most rocking sci-fi thrillers I have read in recent times. Jessica Thorne has done it again. In the first book she had pitched Bel's world against the invaders. In this round, Bel had to face an enemy from the bowels of the earth - the Stoneheart. And there was nobody better than her best friend and her general Petra to help her vanquish it.

Book 1 has to be read to understand this book and to love the characters as I did. Petra had always been a fighter and this time too, sh
Athena Elizabeth
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you to Bookouture for the invitation to review The Stone's Heart, by Jessica Thorne, through NetGalley!

This book made me realize the issue with a 5 star rating system - it is a very high end 3*. This second installment picks up shortly after The Queen's Wing left off, and you definitely need to read that one first. Bel and Con are now approaching their new wedding date, but this book is really more about Petra. She makes a fine and worthy central character. The book is told through a first
Dee/ bookworm
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-2019

#TheStonesHeart #NetGalley

The Stone's Heart by Jessica Thorne was one of my most anticipated books for this year and it didn't disappoint! I honestly didn't pay much attention to Petra in the first book but with the book being written from her point of view and Bel's point of view it was so neat to have a better perspective of what was going on! I loved the obstacles and relationships that came from, or were strengthened from them. I like how some of the characters you couldn't tell what their i
Jessica | Booked J
I was sent an eARC of this novel from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. This does not change my view in any shape or form. Review found here at Booked J.

If you think I'm feeling winded by so many great sequels this year, than you are absolutely correct. This year has been pretty awful in reality, but fiction's been serving us many treats. One of my most highly anticipated sequels, The Stone's Heart, was just as enthralling as its predecessor.

Wow. Just, wow. This wasn't what I expe
Inga Lady Of Bookland
*Note. I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley, so I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

The Stone's Heart (The Queen's Wing #2) by Jessica Thorne was an action packed adventure story with some twists, danger, and heart-break. A beautifully magical but nerve-wrecking space opera. The only complaint from me was the romance (unfortunately, I just didn't feel it) and sadly another love triangle, which fortunately for me was ag
Amanda Evans
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
This is book 2 in Jessica Thorne's Queen's Wing series and if you've read book 1 you are going to love book 2. I was a little apprehensive going in because the sample preview at the end of book 1 was written from Petra's point of view and I was nervous. I loved book 1 and Bel and Con and I was afraid this book was going to leave them behind. I needed have been, The Stone's Heart is told in both Petra and Bel's point of view, and it is done brilliantly.

This book, I dare say, is better than book
Monika
When you bury things, when they finally get out, they are stronger than ever.

Summary
Anthaeus is still healing from the Gravian invasion. But with the help of the Rondet and the Anthaem with his beloved Bel at his side, the renovations are going well. Still, there is so much work to do. But Bel isn’t scared of work. She’s not scared of anything. Especially when she has her trusted friend, Petra Kel, by her side.

But it turns out their problems are not over yet. It becomes painfully obvious whe

Morgan (youarethelibrarian)
*I received an eARC from NetGalley; all opinions are my own.*

If you want exquisite torture, stress, tension in your muscles, and a possible heart attack, then this is the book for you!!

This book picks up where The Queen's Wing left off, so please read that one first! This novel alternates between Princess Bel and her guard Petra's point of view, with new villains and a possible romantic plot for Petra.

I cannot get over how stressful this book was to read. I imagine books as having highs and low
yorkshirebooknerd
Tara
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this but I didn’t think it was as good as the first book. I couldn’t quite connect with Petra and zander the same way I did with Bel, Con and Shae. It was still a good entertaining read but I think it lacked a spark the first had.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Madhu MaBookYard -
This has become one of my favourite series of all time! And can we just talk about how badass Petra is ?? I mean, please be my friend Petra, you are one of my favourite characters of all time !! 💕
Rhoda Baxter
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got an ARC from Netgalley. I really enjoyed The Queen's Wing, so I was delighted when the second book in the series came out. I loved Petra Kel anyway (who wouldn't!?), so I was glad that there was quite a lot of her point of view in this one. Bel still there, though. Hers is the second narrative voice in the book.
Bel and Con are finally going to be married and Bel's brother Zander is coming to the wedding. Bel asks Petra to 'babysit' him while he's there, which isn't ideal because he and Pet
Karen Machamer
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to friends and family.
Becky
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just as fab as the first one. It was great to have all the characters back and I loved it that this one showed us more of Petra as she was a favourite character of mine from the first in the series. I always enjoy the love story element in the with all the action too. It had a great story line and kept me hooked. All the added details make you feel like your really there in their world. I can’t wait for the next installment to see where else it is going to go. I was so excited to be off ...more
Helen Wawrejko
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This, the second book of the series brings us to Bel and Cons wedding. Days from the ceremony, Zander, her older brother arrives on the planet followed by an uninvited delegation from the empire. Told in Bel's and Petras viewpoint, danger surrounds all the characters as a new horror engulfs the planet. Bel believes the delegation were sent to spy. A sickness is spreading and outside influences rear their head. When the heart of the palace is compromised, Petra will court death at every turn. Oh, ...more
MaryBrigid Turner
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As the preparations for Bel and Con's wedding get under way, Petra, General of the Queen's Guard, must deal not only with a delegation from the Imperial Empress, but also with the only man she has ever loved, but walked away from, Bel's older brother Zander.
But as the court intrigues deepen, an ancient alien creature is unearthed/awakened and Petra and Bel find themselves fighting for the survival of their new home, and questioning whether love or loyalty is more important.
A fantastic read tha
Tiera McMillian
*I requested and received an AR copy of this book via NetGalley and the publisher Bookouture for reviewing purposes. Many thanks for allowing me to read and review this work!*

I must be honest. I did not read the blurb for this book before requesting it. Having read the first in the series I jumped at the chance to further explore the world. That being said it kind of threw me when I realized that though Bel and Con are present in this new adventure the book was more a continuation of the world w
Ruthsic
Warnings: situation mirroring domestic abuse, mention of human trafficking, human experimentation, gun violence

The follow-up to The Queen's Wing centers the story on Petra, Bel's bodyguard who has now been made General, while also having Bel as a second POV. In the aftermath of the Gravian war, Anthaese rebuilding efforts continue, and they are all looking forward to Bel and Con finally being wed; the presence of Bel's older brother Zander adds a complication, though, as he is entangled
Annette Jordan
The second book in The Queen's Wing series follows directly from the events of the first book, so do make sure to read The Queen's Wing first, as it really is essential in order to fully enjoy this one.
As the author does not have to do as much world building or character set up this book really does hit the ground running, though we do get some new rather intriguing characters, most notably a delegation from the Imperial Empress arriving to attend the Royal Wedding, between Bel and Con.
Verity
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I finished this book last night I've been trying to think how best to review this book has the first book The queen's wing was my favorite book of last year I loved its so much I would says its in my top 10 favorite books ever.
So I couldn't wait to read this book what can I say first I did like its was lovely to go back into this world and see what Bel and Col are doing and also see them get married.

I liked Petra in the first book so its was great to get to know better she a strong woman but I
Brianna Schierenbeck
I received a E-ARC of The Stone's Heart via Netgalley

I just wanna start out and say that this book was amazing! I honestly was not happy about it being told from Petra's perspective but it was honestly amazing the way this book was written. I thought that it was just going to be from Petra's but it is also told in Bel's perspective. I really happy with the way this book was told. I'm not going to say much more because you should read this series. Very good!
Sam
Starting where The Queen’s Wing left off, Anthaeus is trying to rebuild after the devastating attack unleashed by the Gravians and the Mechas. Bel and Con are trying to start their life together as future husband and wife and hope for no more surprises – but life doesn’t always go as planned.

A new threat means it’s a new hero’s time to shine – and shine Petra does. Petra is strength, she is loyalty, she is heartbroken, she is headstrong and she is unconditional love. Petra is the hero that I asp
Neonila
I think this might be worth 3.5 stars? I don't know how but the books in this series always manage to somehow make me cry like a little baby.

At the end of The Queen's Wing I wasn't that excited about Petra and Zander, but I ended up loving their relationship so much! Petra especially was something else, I adored her.

This series is also full of bad things happening to the characters. Not once have they caught a break. They think they're safe but nah, here's some pain and anguish. But that ending
Nicole
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
This novel was an enjoyable read. The story is written well, with many plot twists, but also has romance. The story is told from first person points of view, Petra and Bel. You need to read the first novel in the series to see how their story to Anthaeus began.
Petra has been promoted to general and protects Bel and Con, the future rulers of Anthaeus. Bel and Con are getting married and Zander, Bel's brother, is coming. Petra and
Annarella
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was quite entertaining and enjoyable.
It's a bit slow at the beginning but after the first chapters the pace gets faster and it becomes full of twists and turns.
It's well written, with interesting and engaging characters.
I liked the world building and I liked the story being told by two different point of view.
Recommended!
Many thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for this ARC
MaryBrigid Turner
Thanks to Bookouture and Netgalley for sending me an ARC of this book.
Sofiraindrop
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: availables
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley*
Nice fantasy YA, lots of action.
The plot, same as in the first one, takes a bit to pick up the pace, but once it does, it's just non-stop from there. The characters are still as good as in the first one, specially the Elders.
I'm not gonna lie, I was disappointed when the story started from Petra's POV,but then I went on to see Bell still had some chapters, and so all was well and good.
The thing I missed the most was the rom
Jessica Thorne watched far too much sci-fi and read far too much fantasy at an impressionable age. And it was awesome. She writes fantasy and sci-fi romance with a steampunk edge and just refuses to face reality.

The Queen's Wing (2 books)
  • The Queen's Wing (The Queen's Wing, #1)