Start by marking “The 5-Minute Recharge: 31 Proven Strategies to Refresh, Reset, and Become the Boss of Your Day” as Want to Read:

Take five minutes out of your day to experience the small win of a mental, physical and emotional recharge that could change your life.

Researchers have discovered the formula for living a good life, so why is depression still the world’s leading disability and anxiety the most common mental health disorder in North America? Most people don’t know what will truly make them
Published January 15th 2019 by Page Two Books

Start your review of The 5-Minute Recharge: 31 Proven Strategies to Refresh, Reset, and Become the Boss of Your Day
Sara Diane
I got this from NetGalley to preview.

This book was an easy, fast read, but it also has a lot of good ideas that are able to be applied to your life. I read it in a few sittings (as I wanted to get through it for the review), but ideally, you could take your time and use each suggestion--maybe one a day, or a few a week, whatever might fit your need. The ideas are all good things to help recharge, and there are a variety to appeal to all different types. There is a lot of additional information y
Mary Dickerson
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We're always thinking that we don't have enough time in the day to accomplish everything we wish to accomplish. (At least I think this very often). But everyone can find 5 minutes, right?

This book helped me take the excuse of "not enough time" for self care, and throw it out the window. Some days are so full of chores and errands that I barely have any time for myself, and I am sure I am not the only one.

This book presents31 different exercises that can be done in about a 5 minute window. (some
Kri Wood
Thank you netgalley for this ARC! These are my own opinions.

I first picked up this book because I wanted to help myself as anyone else does. Once I got through the introduction that was kinda like sitting through my college days. This book is an direct approach to recharging with easy do-able exercises to realistically implement. I had a small little journal I would write into and try to follow the exercises, made little notes on what I liked or didn't like. It was enjoyable this way and have si
Akcherrybomb
Your either going to have the view this book is perfect for you or not. I tend to be firmly in the middle with books like this but recently I could do with a recharge as life just seems a little full on at the moment.

Here's to what I thought -

Bedtime ritual and wind down routine something I want to do but struggle to do as things always crop up and always seems an hour later than intended that I go to sleep.

I like the section on breathing as I try to practice this, I'd quite like to try meditati
Tri Dung Tran
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Một cuốn sách của các bài tập thực hành và nguồn tài liệu tham khảo phong phú. Một bài tập quan trọng cần thực hành là tuân thủ lời khuyên của các tác giả: lâu lâu mở ra xem lại một phần bất kỳ để thực hành bài tập.
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Decent enough self-help tome. Nothing utterly groundbreaking, but well presented in a nice friendly but non-patronising tone. As with any of these things, you get out of it what you're willing to put in.

Full review is up on my blog.
Diane Bracuk
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

WELL BEING WITHOUT THE WOO WOO

Most of us would love to ramp up our physical and mental well being with proven self-care regimens if only we had the time. Apparently we do. As this book shows, it only takes 5 minutes a day to adopt healthier behaviors and “recharge” for personal wellness.

Incorporating small, intentional behaviors into our routines can have big pay offs to your personal well being, according to the authors Lynne Everatt and Addie Greco-Sanchez.

It’s actually doing the recharge ex
Carla
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think we can all admit that many times we feel overwhelmed, overworked and overstimulated. Life is so busy that it can be hard to unwind, relax our minds and emotions. This has so many negative consequences for our physical, mental and social well being. We know that in order to be happy we need to find that balance but we become lost somewhere in achieving this.

I loved how thoughtful and intimate this book was. It wasn’t a book that pointed out your failures, made you feel shameful and not to
Sophia B
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading some praise for this book I was energized to dive in. Once I got through the introduction (which felt a bit like a research paper) I found what I was looking for. A direct approach to recharging with easy do-able exercises to realistically implement. I loved the quotes each section started with and appreciated the journal entry style each section ended with, giving space to figure out your own courses of action. The only thing I didn't love was that each chapter ended with a list o ...more
Frank
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Contains many activities you can do to bring more peace and joy into your life. Now, some you will want to do or NEED to do in more 5 minutes, but no task in this book needs longer than, oh, 15 minutes. There are several regimens I will adopt.
Silvia Puiu
Jan 04, 2021
Kristina
Jul 18, 2020
Priya
This book shares 31 small actions that you can take to recharge your life. Things like making your bed, meditating and feeling more gratitude. The 31 actions are divided into 5 categories. Each category has a list of actions. Each action has a brief explanation, an exercise to apply the action in your life and recommendations for further exploration - books, TED talks, videos etc.

Although the writing style was crisp, just the way I like it, there wasn't a lot that I learnt from this book. Also,
Devin Matthews
Allen
Aug 13, 2019

• How to Raise a Reader
  • Elements of Fiction
  • First Time Jewelry Making: The Absolute Beginner's Guide--Learn By Doing * Step-by-Step Basics + Projects
  • The Secrets of Roscarbury Hall
  • Tremarnock (Tremarnock, #1)
  • A Home From Home
  • Killer Deadline (Nikki Bryant)
  • My Life in Lists: An Illustrated Journal to Record Your Loves, Goals + Dreams!
  • Gretchen (Zombillénium #1)
  • Lost in Me (Here and Now, #1)
  • Servant of the Undead
  • Rilakkuma - By Your Side
  • The Company of Demons
  • The Carpenter: A Story About the Greatest Success Strategies of All
  • Hai mặt của gia đình
  • The Testing (The Testing, #1)
  • Nine Minutes on Monday: The Quick and Easy Way to Go from Manager to Leader