Start by marking “Dark Souls (Crime Kings #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Souls (Crime Kings #1)

Dark Souls

(Crime Kings #1)

When Lawson, Washington’s biggest kingpin, receives a call from his enemy claiming they kidnapped his woman, he wants to laugh in their faces. Until he hears Cleo’s voice for the first time and quickly realizes they’re right. She will be his. Now he’ll do everything in his power to get her back and keep her. Forever.

Cleo knows the streets and gangs. Her time with both
Kindle Edition
Published by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Dark Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Souls

Start your review of Dark Souls (Crime Kings #1)
♡Tonya♡
I definitely want more Crime Kings!

Action, romance, steam and it's 100% safe. I cant wait until the rest of the guys get their stories as well.

-no cheating
-no ow/om drama
-instalove
-bossy alpha
likable heroine who was strong but not OTT alpha in any way
-no violence of a sexual nature
-good epilogue
Celibate H
Virgin h
HEA with epilogue
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Same shit just different day.
Yada, Yada, Celibate Hero, virgin heroine. Another poor copy of Alexa Riley and C.M. Steele and many more. Not that I’m saying those authors I just mentioned are good at what they do because they’re not but yeah just another copy of those crappy little authors.
Melody Cox
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by May Gordon! I enjoyed reading about the darker side of life...mob bosses and crime families. Quite interesting!

This story is about Cleo, a young woman from Bulgaria now living in the United States and Lawson 'The Boss' of the Washington DC area and others. It takes us from when they met to ten years after.

Again, thank you May for giving us a virgin heroine and a hero who had been celibate a long while. Lawson, the hero, hasn't been with a woman in so long that he can no
Stories in Review
Very good story, I really liked it. The only separation was when she was kidnapped, but other than that there is none.
Jennifer Finn
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Crime Kings series by May Gordon. This is the first book I’ve ever read from this author and it definitely won’t be my last. It’s a great start to a series and I can’t wait to read about Quinn, Novak, and Foster. Lawson Westworth is 36 years old and he’s the king of the crime syndicate in Washington DC. Crime is in his blood, his dad was in charge before he died and his father before him. He’s having problems with a local gang called the Cracked Canaries trying to ...more
Astraycat
I liked how strong h was and how fast H and h fall in love, but I really didn't like the separation.
Jami
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dark Souls

I love the Crime Kings series...
Cleo has lead a hard life. She is finally at a spot where she has people that she can call family. What happens when she is kidnapped from that life?? Find her soul mate of course.
Lawson has been the boss of the crime organization in Washington for the past ten years since his dad died. He didn’t have time for women so he stayed away. When his rival calls him to let him know that he has his woman, Lawson thinks he bluffing. The moment he hears Cleo’s
Melissa
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I’m not usually a fan of crime or mafia type romances but this one was enjoyable. The main thing I liked was that it was safe, that is always my big concern with these types of books. I liked both Lawson and Cleo very much. Both were strong and loyal and Cleo was independent and feisty. I am definitely looking forward to the other books in the series.

Safety and Spoilers
Completely safe. No ow/om drama. There is a lot of drama, action and kidnapping though. There is violence and death. No
Kelly
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Souls is the first book in the Crime Kings series and I loved it!

Sweet, safe read with all the Insta-goodness that I love along with some drama thrown in. And not overly done.

Definitely can't wait for the other guys books.

4 big stars!
Liz
I nixed this book when I first heard of it because of the virgin heroine. After reading this book, I realized her being a virgin didn't impact any part of the story. She was confident, equally aggressive in bed and not afraid to go for what she wanted. So I really want to know why the author made her a virgin. The MCs talk about it in a couple sentences, he preens at getting to be her first and only and then they have wild sex for the first time. Her virginity added absolutely nothing to the ...more
MamaBear2019
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: confirmed-safe
Another great book from this safe author. I loved the story. I was not expecting what went down. I can't wait to get more of this series.
Elysian Fields
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My rating for this book is 3.5 stars. Its an enjoyable read, but still has a few issues.

This is my first story from this author. I love insta reads and mafia books, so when I read the blurb I was excited to experience this story. The story is entertaining for sure, but way to insta-quick for a higher rating from me.

The book reads to me like an strong outline with a few added sentences to make is feel like a longer story. Everything happens so fast, there is very little description. There is no
R.
I found this author through a recommendation and I only have one more of hers to read before I’ve exhausted her current available books.
Each book has a common theme - sweet affection, instalove, alpha male, smart woman, celibate/virgin heroine, celibate hero/virgin hero, passionate but not overly erotic love scenes, someone is kidnapped (including the hero lol) a bad guy is always waiting in the wings, never any om/ow scenes, pregnancy, older man/younger woman by an average of 12 years,
Alexandraa W
I love this book so much!

The story is not too complicated and straightforward like seriously it just what i want to read it! I love books like this that even tho crime is involve but it doesn’t make too hard for readers to have a heavy feelings like its gonna be worst. Cause its not that bad like the crime is on this is cool to read.

The characters like the girl omg i love her so much! She so sassy and beautiful, i like that many people always say she’s beautiful because it just makes it better
Mandy
A good mafia romance. Enjoyed how it was fast paced and action packed from beginning to end - there is suspense, action and steam.

Being of novella length, it was well written with a lot packed into a small amount of pages. Who knew your life could change for the better because you were kidnapped. That's right, Cleo gets kidnapped because she is mistakenly seen as mafia boss Lawson's "woman". But once Lawson hears her voice, he decides that is what she will become - his.

Written from a dual pov,
Granger McGringot
Nothing beats a badass h for a badass H. I loved when the h kicked ass and tough literally and figuratively; and this book was one of few instalove romance that actually had tough bad ass h. The story was nicely written by balancing how tough chick the h was while also maintain balance of being soulful warm family oriented woman. The story was full packed with actions nearing the end, and quite descriptive in illustrating mob life; though not on full blown proportion. But suffice enough.
Vikki Purcell
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was outstanding. I simply couldn’t put it down. This author has a new fan and I can’t wait to read their next book. Lawson is the King of the DC underworld. Cloe is from the streets if Bulgaria who came to the us with a crime boss. When his queen is taken Lawson will stop at nothing to find her.
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in a new series from this talented author. Lawson is a mafia kingpin, and Cleo is a strong, feisty female, who he just wants to protect. This is another well written story from this author, which is sweet, sexy and filled with action and romance. Looking forward to reading the next book in this series.
Pat
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by this very talented author! I was hooked on this book from the very first page, the plot was well written and well planned and the characters were written with great detail! I really enjoyed Lawson and Cleo together, Lawson was alpha male all the way and Cleo was such a strong woman which made them a perfect couple!
Fabiola Cadet-Destil

Wow, this is my first time reading May Gordon's work and she did outstanding! These characters are amazing, I couldn't put it down until I find out the end of the book, great job Miss May Gordon, 5 stars.
Lofty
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2*
Cleo is helping do the books when a rival gang kidnap her thinking she belongs to Lawson. After hearing her voice on the phone he’s hooked.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Quick read
Alarna Martin
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good. I liked the h and how she wasn't the stereotypical innocent and naive h these types of stories usually have, I'm glad she could be an actual partner and help the H in all aspects of his life. :)
Heather A.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

May Gordon has written a great book that would seem hard as s o the outside but love and family comes in the best. I can not wait to read the rest of the series and highly recommend you to read also. This time the Alpha is not the only smart and harassed person
Anita
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved it!

This book was great, it was what I was looking forward to reading. When first seeing the book the cover caught my eye and I'm glad I took a chance and bought. Can't wait to read the next book in the series and found another great author.
Larissa
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast and quick

3 1/2 Started out fast and stayed that way till the end. The story read well but I didn't feel it. I enjoy stories with a strong female lead and this one didn't disappoint. I intend to check out the rest of the series.
Ker Justanotherbookworm

It's a 1-clicker! I love her writing style! No detail is left out, no holes, the people could be real & the story is wonderfully captivating. May Gordon is a newbie author who has very quickly gotten on my short list of 1-click-no-blurb-needed authors.
Kai
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Safe read, mafia but not too graphic or bloody. h was tested with respect and she was pretty tough. Editing issues but not too horrible
Azusa
3.5 star's

• Red Hot Night (Trick-or-Treat Collaboration)
  • Buying Love (Forever Safe #3)
  • Vampire Bait
  • Theo (Obsessed Alpha #4)
  • Cole (Obsessed Alpha #2)
  • Priceless
  • Marked by the Alpha: A Fated Mates Paranormal Romance (Bare Bites #1)
  • Stone (Obsessed Alpha #1)
  • First Everything
  • Mother Trucker
  • There's No Escaping Him
  • Sun, Sand, and Seduction
  • Baby Cakes: A Vegas, Baby Novella
  • Nailing My Wife (Rough Hands #2)
  • Riding His Broomstick
  • Saved Kisses
  • Benicio's Dilemma (Valladares Family Saga Book 1)
  • Jackson (Tate Family Holidays Book 1)
Warning: Sweet, sexy and safe read! Happily ever after guaranteed! This author writes what she likes to read. That means there will be instalove, OTT Heroes, and, brace yourselves, virgin characters at times. If none of those float your boat, you might want to find another book. If they do, you're in the right place.

Crime Kings (7 books)
  • Fighting Irish (Crime Kings #2)
  • Red Willow (Crime Kings #3)
  • Deep Devotion (Crime Kings #4)
  • Sheltered Spirits  (Crime Kings #5)
  • Forced Vows (Crime Kings #6)
  • Cherished Love (Crime Kings #7)