Start by marking “Fables Foibles & Follies” as Want to Read:
Fables Foibles & Follies

Fables Foibles & Follies

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"Fables, Foibles & Follies" is a delightful potpourri of stories collected from the author's immediate family members, distant relatives, friends and close acquaintances. Each of the seven tales within the book detail the fruits borne from forgotten and newly discovered branches of a twisted family tree. Once the bough is bent and shaken, a myriad of unexpected fruit can f ...more
Published January 15th 2019 by CreateSpace Independent Platform

To ask other readers questions about Fables Foibles & Follies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fables Foibles & Follies

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Fables Foibles & Follies
Sharon Huether
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stories, fables
Lester Moore and Ekateria Priede spent a romantic night in a Gotenburg Hotel. A quick departure the next morning kept them and Maxim protected. The family jewels, Maxim is indeed precious.

Annie Fargahl came to the United States to find a new life for her. There was not much in Ireland to keep her there. She got a job as a domestic as an identured servant. She served four years then she was free to go.
All this time she was thinking of her brother Donagh, who had left home 10 years earlier.
Her st
Edward Hackemer
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Elston Gunn
While standing alone on a dark, cobbled street somewhere in central Europe, a traveler may wonder who could be casting that intriguing silhouette upon the window up above.

Such tempting tidbits constantly tease the reader’s appetite and tantalize the imagination.
I invite you to go ahead, take that DNA test, open the book and begin turning pages.
{Goodreads invites the author to submit their own review.}
Peyton Hammond
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review~

I really wish I could give it more than 5 stars.

What happens when you take a DNA test? This book explores a few stories about family members on the family tree. Each narrative contain elements of fact, fantasy, and fiction.

When I first saw the synopsis, I was curious but hesitant because I always have very mixed feelings on books like this. In general, I don't like them but this book has made me fall in love with t
Kathy Church
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These stories were pure joy to read. I tried to decide which is my favorite but they were all unique in their own way.
Kim Bakos
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read this author before, let me just say you need to. He writes in a style that no other author I've ever read does. He is unique in the way that he can create the era he is writing about with his word choice and descriptions. This book was the perfect showcase for that since it was written in the voice of different characters from different places and eras. He nails it down to the smallest details, whether it is the cocktail they are drinking, the car they are driving, or the sla ...more
Donna
Fables, Foibles and Follies is collected stories from family members, friends and other relations of Edward Hackemer.

I truly loved reading this collection. I especially enjoyed the one entitled "An Irish Odyssey". This is an account of Aine Faergahl and her emigration to the United States. She was an indentured servant when she arrived. After working the amount of years needed, she was off to find out whatever happened to her brother Donal who had come over many years earlier to work on a ship.
Jenna Demerest
Lydia Wallace
Brenda Maki
Goodreads Reviewe...: DNA Results 3 8 May 11, 2019 05:12PM

• A Palm Beach Scandal
  • The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
  • The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Long Bright River
  • Westering Women
  • Rules
  • Jesse Sings: Searching for Family (Jesse's World Book 1)
  • A Wedding Transpires on Mackinac Island
  • Wishing for Wonderful
  • The Clock Tower Treasure (Searching for Family 2)
  • Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • Southern Storm (Cape Refuge, #2)
  • Gravity Is the Thing
  • Arrows of Fire
  • God's Hostage: A True Story of Persecution, Imprisonment, and Perseverance
  • Cape Refuge (Cape Refuge, #1)
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Edward R Hackemer lived in Western New York for 55 years before retiring from government service and moving to North Georgia; roughly halfway between Atlanta & North Carolina.
His college education was abbreviated by induction into the US Army in 1968. Ed's civilian employment history runs from paperboy, dishwasher, paper mill laborer, laboratory technician, warehous

News & Interviews