Start by marking “One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)” as Want to Read:
One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)

One Moment Please

(Wait With Me #3)

Three things Lynsey Jones knows about the hot doctor: he’s grouchy, an arrogant jerk, and strangely obsessed with pie.

Three things Dr. Dick knows: he doesn’t talk about his past, he doesn’t do relationships, and the crazy girl in the hospital cafeteria who ate a fistful of French s
Published April 9th 2020

Start your review of One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
Giorgia ~ Reads
2.5 ⭐️

This was a hyped up release for this specific trope and since I’m a sucker for surprise baby scenarios and I’ve probably read more than 100 at this point I was obviously eager to read it.

Whoever said that this was one of the best books that contains this trope was either selling it too eagerly or has very different standard for quality than I do.

In my humble opinion, a good/great book has to bring something new and fresh to an overused formula in order to make it not only stand out but
Christy
Dec 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars
“That awkward moment when an ER doctor has to inform you that you’re pregnant…with his baby.”

I was in the mood for a rom-com and One Moment Please hit the spot. This was hilarious and I laughed out loud so many times. It also had just enough emotion and kept me engaged. Though I seriously dislike the 'secret baby' troupe, I'm always here for the 'surprise baby' troupe. I loved Lynsey and Josh (even though there were times I wanted to throttle him). This one was great for me a
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that of all the accidental pregnancy stories I've ever read, I've never read one like this before!! Swoon-worthy doctor and a quirky, accident prone girl...what could go wrong?
This is my second book by redheaded, tire shop waiting room, smut writer. , but I'm totally amazed by her talent. She has a knack for making you laugh and cry in the same story. The story starts on at a hilarious scene, hero is boorishly arrogant, pie-butt girl Lynsey Jones is pissed and smooshes
DJ Sakata
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-comedy
Favorite Quotes:

The closest I’ve come to sparks flying at my writing hangout was when an elderly man’s portable oxygen tubes fell off his face while he was reaching for a piece of pie. I bent over to pick them up for him, and when I attempted to hand them over, our fingers brushed, and I felt a gust of air blow right between my legs. The moment was ruined when I looked down to see that I had yanked the tubes out of the tank, and it was blowing fresh O2 right in my special place.

“Glad to see your
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger*
3.5 "Paging Dr. Dick" stars

I have not read anything by this author before, so I wasn't quite sure what I was getting into, but the blurb caught my attention, and I saw that a couple of people on my GR friends list were reading it, so I gave it a shot and am glad I did!

Lynsay Jones is working to complete her master's thesis so that she can start her career in pediatric counseling - she dreams of opening her own clinic some day. But writer's block seems to hit her wherever she goes to try to get c
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Amy Daws Fans, Romance
3.5 Was More Than a Moment Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free
There is always something to be said for quirky meets, misunderstood meets, and downright awkward meets. Amy Daws has brought me some of the best. I think I have been spoiled a bit because I still hold Wait With Me near and dear...I mean come on, a Tire Shop!!!!

In One Moment Please we are starting off with a possible mistaken assumption by a doctor.
He has been seeing the same woman in the hospital cafeteria for a month typing away and eating
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers ahead

I picked up this book because I'm a sucker for the baby from a ONS trope, considering I quit book 1 early on and didn't read book 2 I really should've known better

1) This guy was a HUGE Dick, he decided he'd be a grumpy asshole and push everyone away because that way he wouldn't be hurt if anything happened to them. For most of the book he acted so cold and said so many stupid things I wanted to smack him

2) The humor OMG 😲seriously??! Talk about immature and eye roll worthy

3) The h
Syndi
May 07, 2020 rated it liked it
This is my second read by Miss Daws. I had a high hope for One Moment Please. And... it falls short. The romance of ONS is nothing new in the romance genre. And Miss Daws have this quirky ability bringing the comedy alive.

What works for me is the story itself. It has so much comedy that I smiled on some part. It is funny to watch how Josh and Lynsey grow together amid the surprise pregnancy. Some of their banters are fun and cute.

What does not work for me is Lynsey. She comes as very needy, im
Diana
I am tapping out! Annoying heroine.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•

My audio read of the week was a surprise pregnancy after a one night stand story.

Lynsey really enjoys the silk pie served at the local hospital cafeteria, this is where she first meets or rather clashes with Josh, one of the ER doctors.

The next time they meet is through mutual friends and once again they both have their hackles up with each other. Crazy then that the night ends with them in bed together. Unbeknownst to them, they made a baby that night.

Nick breaks the news to Lynsey wh
Anne OK
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

Another Kindle Unlimited choice checked off the list. I'm moving on and ready to reload some new choices very soon!

This book came with far too much pre-release hype but a cover that didn't miss its intended mark. But on the whole, this package was a big disappointment. I expected so much more -- and it could have succeeded if it hadn't hammered on and on about the poor doc's troubled past. He didn't act his age and, with his education and experiences, he should have reached a more matur
maggieandteddy
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow~ I forgot to review this until now!
At first, I thought that the blurb gave away the story- but NO. I love love this book from A to Z
The meet cute is a crack up. I'm not sayin'- just read-it's in the beginning- then you'll be hooked.
Lynsey is just finishing up grad school & Josh is an ER Dr. Josh, aka Dr Dick, is well, he's not very nice to Lynsey when they first meet. Then you-know-what happens!
I love their banter. Ok, it's intense arguing.
This is first person POV alternating Lynsey & Jos
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Coming 9th April 2020

ARC received for an honest review

#SedateWithMe

Paging Dr Dick! Paging Dr Dick! Please report for a housecall, STAT!

I have been impatiently awaiting Lynsey's story. I adored her in Kate and Miles' story, and Ms Daws has not disappointed.

She as always felt like a bit of a free spirit to me, and the last thing she needs in life is an unwanted pregnancy, however I loved how she took life by the balls and created this new chapter in her life.

Josh aka as Dr Dick. Boy
Michelle
Apr 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
Lauren
Sep 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Does this book have a super weird premise?? yes. Did I really enjoy reading it? Also yes.
Look when blurb mentions the protagonist being informed she's pregnant by an ER doctor and that it's with his baby you're going to be curious. I read the first book in this series and then decided I would skip the second one because I really just wanted to read this one. I might go back and read it but this one was way better than the first book. I loved the character development, the story and look kinda w
Amy Daws
Apr 09, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

I had a blast writing a surprise pregnancy book!!! There are so many fun things to make an expecting couple do!!! And the roommates trope has always been one of my favorites so I was super excited to force these parents-to-be into a living situation together. Talk about sexual tension!

This book was a tough one for me to write...some come easy, and some come hard. Josh Richardson was HARD...mostly because his back story isn't a typical rom-com...he got DEEP on me. And troubled. But it made the l
Jan
Apr 17, 2020 rated it liked it
2.5 to 3 stars. Kinda cute mildly entertaining surprise-baby romance. There was a bit too much coarse language for my taste, although I did otherwise quite like both MCs. I admit I did start skimming in the last 20% or so. But I did finish it. Not sure whether I'll read more by this author, though. It wasn't horrible, just didn't really grab me that much. ...more
Alla
The third one in the series and the best one for me so far.
Really enjoyed this one.
Sky- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Probably me not you.!
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 19: May 3 – 9 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
*The Angry Reader*
Apr 11, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2020, rona-reading

I thought it was funny in the beginning. I didn’t hate their “banter.” (Ps - that’s just a word authors use to reference juvenile bickering.) And I easily read it in one setting. I wanted to give up once when the characters did something that drives me insane. But curiosity kept me moving forward.

The ending was ridiculous. The reason behind things was silly. And the resolution was downright insulting.

But it was far from the worst book I’ve ever read. I think it doesn’t stray far from the expec
Apr 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
***AVAILABLE NOW***

I enjoyed it. I did. I love Amy Daws’s writing. She is one of the few rom-com authors I even read anymore. I will say, though, that out of the three standalones in this world, it was my least favorite (maybe because I don’t love the surprise pregnancy trope).

Josh was a good character - emotionally closed off, refusing to care or love. It is clear this will be the crux of the conflict very early on. I will say the build up to the conflict, which was most of the book, was reso
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
Amy amy amy, if not the tire shop now I will never be able to look at another hospital again! Fun, sweet and sexy, check out my FULL REVIEW & more on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
Ariadna Basulto
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen, this book... you need it. OMFG. Get. It. Now.

I can’t adequately word how much I fucking loved this book yet, but I can absolutely say that we all need this book right now!

One Moment Please was hilarious, steamy, and had me all up in my feels. I literally had to ask for “one moment please” as I hysterically laughed, fanned myself through all those mentions of spanking (hot!), and while gathering myself because my feels were showing. I loved every single word of it!

This book was fantast
sil ♡ the book voyagers
me: this book has the best trope and synopsis
me after reading this book: damn it ALL

you can watch my reading vlog where i read this book and tell you all about what i don't like and like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G25Sj...

Sooo One Moment Please sounded like the perfect book for me. I was asking for accidental pregnancy romances and I got it. Plus they are sort of enemies and they get to be roommates. So lots of good tropes in this book! But nah, it wasn't handled really well. And there are
♛ Mademoiselle Smut ♛
4.5 Stars

After reading three 1 star books, I needed a rom-com to brighten my mood and One Moment Please was just the right thing. This is the first book I've read by Amy, and I'm reading more of her for sure.

description

Lynsey has been occupying a seat in the hospital cafeteria for a couple of weeks, trying to finish her thesis. The one place that helps her focus is the cafeteria, where there is also a grumpy doctor that had caught her eye.

Dr. Dick, erm Josh, has been noticing the woman who keeps visiti
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I haven’t laughed and cried so much with one book in so long! I honestly needed this story and I’m over the moon to have finally read it!

The love, the passion and my gosh the healing that takes places is beyond anything I could’ve ever imagined! Getting to see my old fave characters and meeting new ones just added so much to this already amazing book!

Josh and Lyndseys story has so many amazing layers to it that you have to read this story! Lyndsey has always been this bubbly ray of light! I lo
Shelby
Lynsey was just using the hospital cafeteria to get her creative juices flowing in order to finish her master’s psychology thesis. She wasn’t hurting anyone, so why was Dr. Dick always giving her the stink eye?

She just so happens to run into Dr. Dick aka Josh at a bar and at the end of the night, Josh and Lynsey end up having the best sex of their lives together, despite loathing one another. And 3 months later, Lynsey lands herself in Josh’s ER and discovers she’s pregnant. The kicker? Josh is
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Amy Daws writing a surprise pregnancy book? One of my favorite sub genres of romance and one of my favorite authors....SIGN ME UP NOW!!! And omg she did NOT disappoint!

One Moment Please starts out with a bang. Literally. One moment I was laughing out loud (pie in the crotch anyone?) and on the next page I was fanning myself. 🔥🔥

This book packed a serious punch of heart, hilarity (hairy lady balls?) and heat. Flawed characters that melted my heart and had me cheering for them all the way through.
A HEA
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

After a laugh? Then this one is for you.

Lynsey Jones is so close to finishing her thesis to finalize her MA in Child Psychology. The only problem she is struggling to find a spot to write where inspiration flows. An unexpected trip provides the answer as the hospital cafeteria proves to be just the place for Lynsey to be able to pump out her thesis. For weeks Lynsey has returned to the cafeteria to let the words flow and take advantage of their fabulous French silk pie. During this time she has

• Waiting for my Queen
  • Vlad (Sons of Sangue Book 8)
  • Easy to Fall (Hard to Love #4)
  • Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers, #2)
  • The Trouble with Gravity
  • Into the Clear Water
  • Forgiven
  • Australia
  • Miss Typed (Miss, #2)
  • Easy Moves (Boudreaux Universe)
  • Changing Roles
  • No Strings Attached
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Catfish (Illusive Duet, #1)
  • You're The One (Very Irresistible Bachelors, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Only When It's Us (Bergman Brothers, #1)
  • Driving Me Crazy  (My Favorite Band #4)
Amy Daws is an Amazon Top 13 bestselling author of sexy, contemporary romance novels. She enjoys writing love stories that take place in America, as well as across the pond in England; especially those footy-playing Harris Brothers of hers. When Amy is not writing in a tire shop waiting room, she’s watching Gilmore Girls, or singing karaoke with her daughter while Daddy smiles awkwardly from a dis ...more

Wait With Me (4 books)
  • Wait With Me (Wait With Me, #1)
  • Next In Line (Wait with Me, #2)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)