Start by marking “The Christmas Keeper (Happily Ever After, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Keeper (Happily Ever After, #2)

The Christmas Keeper

(Happily Ever After #2)

All he wants for Christmas...

The second Joaquin Solis saw Savannah Wilson, he knew she was destined to be his wife. Unfortunately, Savannah's sights are set on a happily-ever-after of another kind: skewering the boss who got her fired. Until then, she won't act on the scorching sexual chemistry that is brewing between them, leaving Joaquin scrambling to find a way to
Mass Market Paperback, 309 pages
Published October 29th 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Keeper

Start your review of The Christmas Keeper (Happily Ever After, #2)
Dianne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
…”Oh what fun it is to…” read a heartwarming and witty tale of a cowboy with an overabundance of Christmas spirit determined to get the woman of his dreams to say, “I do.” Okay, so maybe Joaquin Solas is going to be extra good to even get Savannah Wilson to give him the time of day, but their sizzling sexual attraction is undeniable. She just has other things on her mind and refuses to be sidetracked by the cowboy who believes in the magic of Christmas.

Jenn McKinlay’s THE CHRISTMAS KEEPER is
☕️Kimberly
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Despite not having read the Good Ones, I jumped at the chance to read this and it paid off. While I plan to go back and read Ryder and Maisy’s story, this works as a standalone.

Savannah Wilson is a city girl. Manhattan to be exact and she is in Fairdale, North Carolina living above her best friend’s bookstore within the quaint old Victorian for two reasons. 1. to help her friend launch her bookstore and 2. to earn back her reputation. She isn’t staying, but that doesn’t stop Joaquin Solis from
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jenn McKinlay returns with a holiday-themed novel in the Happily Ever After series. Since this is a fairly new series, I still think I’m warming up to the world and characters. That being said, it took me a while to really get into Joaquin and Savannah’s characters. McKinlay’s writing in this series tends to be quite light, which ideally would make it easy for me. However, something about the beginning of the story was lacking for me and it took me a little bit to finish it.

As a reader of
 Reading In Pajamas
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review: THE CHRISTMAS KEEPER by Jenn McKinlay https://wp.me/p3d0RZ-bkg
Publication Date: October 29, 2019
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Donna
Rated 5 Stars

I loved this installment in the Happily Ever After series. The series title says it all. This author has a gift for writing smooth dialogue, witty as well as somber. It isn’t just Savy and Quino’s flirtatious banter, but all those around them. This is one of those stories that make you wish you lived there, and I
Beth
The Christmas Keeper is wonderful book to fill you with some sizzling holiday joy.

Joaquin Solis knew Savannah Wilson was the one for him, now he just has to convince her. With the help of some friends, some very steamy chemistry and a ton of Christmas spirit.

Savannah has revenge on her mind and doesn’t want to have her plans to take second fiddle to anything, even including a hot all get out rancher.

The Christmas Keeper is a sexy, charming and packed full of fun Christmas romance.

I received
angelareadsbooks
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Edited review! I posted a review for a different book by mistake! Too many Christmas books! (if that is possible.)

I was just introduced to the term "cinnamon roll hero," and Joaquin Solis in The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay is the cinnamon rolliest. You all can keep your Christmas grinches and bad boys, give me all the good guys, lovers of Christmas, and cinnamon rolls! Joaquin has had his share of hard times, but he has turned those hard times into full blown Christmas cheer. And now he
Lesa
I can always count on Jenn McKinlay for moments of humor, whether it's in her mysteries, her romances, or, in real life. The Christmas Keeper is just what I enjoy in a contemporary romance. It involves kind people with a sense of humor. It doesn't hurt that it's set between Thanksgiving and Christmas. And, it certainly doesn't hurt that, as A Happily Ever After Romance, the Happily Ever After bookstore in Fairdale, North Carolina is part of the story.

After Savannah Wilson loses her job in
Barb
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-2019-reads
I received a digital copy of this book from Netgalley for review purposes. Thanks!

I thoroughly enjoyed this swoony holiday story! And thank goodness there wasn't any rod wrangling in this one! Oh, plenty of smexy times, but that awful reference was not included!
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
I really enjoyed the pacing of Joaquin and Savannah's romance and fell in love with them as a couple but I am utterly and hopelessly in love with Joaquin!! He's charming, sexy, persistent, protective AND HE LOVES CHRISTMAS!!! Really, he's basically my dream man.

Even though he was overly protective of his sister, it made sense and, despite his anger over her decisions and path, he never overreacted in a way that went too far...until he did. The conflict of the story was mild but the timing was
Dana
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Keeper by Jenn McKinlay is a festive read that will get you into the Christmas spirit. This contemporary romance is both sweet and spicy. The main male character is a Christmas-loving cowboy who stops at nothing to get the woman of his dreams.

Jenn McKinlay gets an A+ for writing a sweet, well-paced romance. I didn’t think this author could top the first book in this series, but she has done it! This is a feel good story that I recommend and will reread during the holiday season.

*I
Mary
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely wonderful book!!! It has romance, humor and lovely Christmas sentiment.
Kelly
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received the second book in the Happily Ever After series from Berkley Publishing Group at Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This is my first book of author Jenn McKinlay's that I read outside her Cupcake Bakery Mystery series, a series I adore. I have not yet read the first book in this series, but hope to get to that in the new year. I was happy to find out that this works as a standalone. This book follows Savannah Wilson, who lives above her friend's bookstore, and Joaqiun Solis, ...more
Saly
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was nice but I felt the heroine held out for too long.
Tara (Spinatale Reviews)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved The Good Ones so I was so excited for The Christmas Keeper. Savannah was a force of nature in the first book and I couldn’t wait to read her story. Plus I wanted to find out more about Joaquin!

The Christmas Keeper was everything I had hoped it would be and more. The chemistry between the two was sizzling and I loved how they slowly came to trust each other. Plus there was a mysterious and reclusive writer, a bookstore potentially in danger, and the return of beloved characters
Jen
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good Christmas romance, so I found this to be a cute and enjoyable read. I listened to the audio version and did find it to be a bit long. At times, it seemed to drag, but for the most part, it was pretty good. The switching between Joaquin and Quino did confuse me at times. I found myself thinking "Wait, wasn't his name Joaquin?" Now that I type it, I see how Quino was just the last part of his name with the 'o' added - I guess that's one of those things that makes more sense when ...more
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Amanda's 5 Star Review
The Christmas Keeper is the perfect holiday read because it is filled with Christmas spirit. Joaquin Solis knew he met his future wife and just had to figure out a way to make her his. Savannah Wilson is in Fairdale to help her best friend’s bookstore after being unfairly terminated as a publicist.

Joaquin/Quino jumps at the chance to help Savannah/Savy find ways to bring in customers to the bookshop and hopefully she’ll see him and his finer points. Savy is attracted to
Rebecca
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley
Thanks to the publisher, via Netgalley, for an advance e-galley for honest review.

Of all the romances I've read over the last year or two, I think this is my first Christmas themed one? And now I want to read more, and I didn't expect they would be that much my jam. This was super sweet and very fun to read. Even though I think she'd be mad at people feeling upset for her, Savannah's past and the career hurdles she was trying to overcome made me so mad for her, and I loved Joaquin's
Anne Z.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Savannah and Joaquin were likable characters from the first book already. He is a loyal friend to Ryder, hardworking, has some swagger, and of-course is drop dead gorgeous. Savannah is a loyal friend to Maisy and has been there for her every step of the way. She is not exactly in a good place in life right now but she still gives her all and her best to her friend.

This unlikely couple does work, they are good for each other. But as with most holiday romances the story is so light and fluffy
Living My Best Book Life
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Christmas Keeper is a swoon-worthy holiday romance about a Christmas-obsessed cowboy trying to convince a 'city girl' that he is a keeper. I loved how Jenn McKinlay gave us to characters that had so much chemistry that made the anticipation so worth the wait!!

Joaquin (Quino) Solis is a cowboy who is sexy, sweet, and LOVES Christmas. He loves wearing ugly Christmas sweaters any day he can and is a gem. I mean he is checking off all the things on my list for a dream guy!

When he lays his eyes
Jennifer Brown
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed the first book in this series. That couple is in this novel, but I thought the lead couple weren't as good as them. Quino was actually kind of jerky when it came to his sister. I understand the reason why, but I didn't like it so much. Savy was an ok character. She was a little about herself but it worked out for others in the end. I would like to see a book from Desi's point-of-view next!
meghann
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was super cute and such a great December read. I loved the first book in the series, which focused on Maisy and Ryder. This picks up where that left off and tells the story of Savannah and Joaquin. I really love Savannah and how she speaks her mind. She's determined to do what needs to be done for her to return to the life she loves in New York, so she does not have time for charming cowboys, no matter how hot they are. But Joaquin is set on proving to her that she should give them a ...more
Rachel
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas-2019
Definitely good ... 3.5 stars

I wish that the rating system allowed me to differentiate more. This story was cute, Christmasy, and surprising. I love that Jenn weaves fun into her stories and also actual causes important to her heart. Quinn was a great character to read because he was allowing the past to dictate his future. He also was dedicated to Savy from the beginning.
Elizabeth
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won a free copy of this one, so here is my review! Savy and Quino have that Hallmark Christmas movie thing where the girl leaves the big city and finds a new appreciation for family/Christmas/the small town pace. Gotta say the wrench in this story is that Savy enjoyed writing a grant so that Quino's little sister to work with elephants in Africa. Who likes writing grants? lol! But helping people is fun so maybe that helps you drag through them! So its darling, and its perfect for Christmas!
Kate ☀️ Olson
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a perfect read in the lead up to Christmas! And let’s be clear, the male lead in the story may own a stables, but this is actually a romance-bookstore romance WAY more than it is a cowboy romance.....I get why the cover is what it is, but it’s a bit deceiving I can’t wait for book 3 in this series! ...more
Barbara Waloven
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The patter between the main characters was brilliant. I spent most of the book with a huge smile on my face. I reread some of these conversations several times because it was that good. Great feel-good story.
Linda Smatzny
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A perfect Christmas romance featuring likable characters. The book is set in North Carolina. The book was a quick easy read.
Susan Walker
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely holiday romance. The setting and charterers will definitely keep the reader interested.
JoAnne
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Read my review on RomanceJunkies.com by clicking on the link below:

Melissa Mccord
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just absolutely love this book. I thought it was so neat how this Quino loved Christmas! Great story!!
Westminster Library
"The Good Ones" is the first book in the Happily Ever After series; readers explore Maisy and Ryder's romantic story. Now, in "The Christmas Keeper," book has their best friends, Savannah and Joaquin, trying to turn their physical spark into a romantic lifetime affair. Based in the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday period of the year, this is a fun holiday read!

Find The Christmas Keeper at Westminster Public Library today!

« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Shot Through the Hearth (A Fixer-Upper Mystery, #7)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Paws and Claws Mystery, #6)
  • The Devil in the Saddle (Princes of Texas, #2)
  • Sergeant's Christmas Siege (Alaska Force, #3)
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (The Wyoming Cowboy, #3)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • Brewed Awakening
  • The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • A Killer Carol (An Amish Mystery #7)
  • Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder (Main Street Book Club Mysteries #1)
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • A Mackenzie Clan Christmas: A Mackenzie Yuletide/A Mackenzie Clan Gathering (Mackenzies & McBrides, #8.5 & 11.5)
  • Verse and Vengeance (A Magical Bookshop Mystery #4)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Fudge Bites (A Candy-coated Mystery #7)
  • Murder in the First Edition (Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery, #3)
  • Silent Night, Deadly Night (A Year-Round Christmas Mystery, #4)
Jenn is the New York Times, USA Today, and Publisher's Weekly bestselling author of several mystery and romance series and will be debuting a stand alone women's fiction work in June 2020 entitled PARIS IS ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA. She lives in sunny Arizona in a house that is overrun with kids, pets and her husband's guitars.

Happily Ever After (2 books)
  • The Good Ones (Happily Ever After #1)