Start by marking “A Mrs. Miracle Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Mrs. Miracle Christmas

A Mrs. Miracle Christmas

(Angelic Intervention #11)

Mrs. Miracle shows an ordinary family that they are blessed beyond belief in this uplifting holiday tale from #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber.

Published October 1st 2019 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about A Mrs. Miracle Christmas, please sign up.
Barbara Our infertility led us to adopt two wonderful children who are now compassionate, capable, amazing adults.…moreOur infertility led us to adopt two wonderful children who are now compassionate, capable, amazing adults. (less)

Start your review of A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
sue
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it

Although this is part of a series you can actually read this as a stand-alone.

This story is told in only the way that this well known author can, superbly.
It’s rich characters come to life in your head and chipped in with some painful realty problems which you as the reader get involved with and feel their pain, their frustrations and later the joy.

Joy within this family unit comes from an unexpected corner. Mrs Miracle.

This was an enchanting read with plenty to get your teeth into and enjoy
Carrie
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
A Mrs. Miracle Christmas by Debbie Macomber is the eleventh book in the contemporary romance Angelic Intervention series. Each book of this series is going to feature a new lead couple so the books can be read as a standalone or in any order and understood although some characters do carry over book to book keeping to the Angelic theme.

This holiday season Laurel and Zach McCullough are a young couple who want nothing other than to start a family of their own but fate hasn’t been on their side
Kat
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, library-3
In one of Debbie Macomber’s angel stories, Mrs. Miracle is sent to the home of Laurel and her grandmother Helen as a caretaker. They could both use some miracles this Christmas as Laurel and her husband have been struggling with infertility, and Helen is struggling with memory loss. Full of Christmas cheer and small signs from above, this angel-filled story is as cozy as a peppermint latte on a snowy day.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Deanne Patterson
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
If you read no other Christmas book this holiday season let me assure you this is the one you want to read. I've read all of the author's angel books and thought I had read this one as well until I realized to my utmost delight this is a new Shirley,Goodness and Mercy book. She started with her angel books in the late nineties so I had no idea she would write a new one.
This is truly what you want in a Christmas book, heartwarming in so many ways wrapped up in cookies and tea with a strong
Tammy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: release-2019
All the stars! A Mrs. Miracle Christmas is a delightful heart-touching story that had me shedding happy tears. Enjoyed it so much I read it straight through, it definitely lifted my spirits and put a smile on my face. A wonderful reminder that God is watching over all of us and to never lose hope. A perfect story for the Christmas season or anytime.

*Thanks to Ballantine and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Heather
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cup of cheer for “A Mrs. Miracle Christmas”! Absolutely loved this one. Thank you so much for allowing me the opportunity to enjoy this book well in advance of the release date. It brought my heart such joy! I have to say, to date, this is most likely one of my most favorite reads by Ms. Debbie! Perhaps it was the theme, or the timing of the story. I needed to come home to a tale such as this, these past few weeks! Having a rough day and then reading something to fun, uplifting and heart ...more
Amber
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooksiown
This was a pretty good Christmas short story about a family needing help during the holiday and the angel who helps them. Want to know more? Check this book out for yourself at your local library and wherever books are sold.
Janet
Angels and good feelings aside, I don't think this is one of Macomber's best. I found the dialogue repetitive and none of the characters particularly engaging. Mrs. Miracle was brought in as a care giver for a dementia patient but after the first chapter the dementia no longer seemed at issue. I also found Laurel's sudden and extreme change of heart over the baby issue bothersome.
Not necessarily the light hearted and warm hearted story I've come to expect from this author. I do think fans of D.
Mayda
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, christmas
Mrs. Miracle, along with her friends, Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy, are sent to Earth on a mission. One family especially needs help and support and a little miracle of their own. Laurel’s grandmother is showing signs of dementia, and Laurel and her husband have moved in with her. But they have jobs and Helen needs someone to stay with her when they can’t. Enter Mrs. Miracle. But she is there to help more than Helen, though Laurel and Zach don’t know that yet. They have been longing to adopt a ...more
Micky Cox
Nov 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A typical Christmas story from the series, but much like a Hallmark Christmas Movie, you still want to read it and you'll enjoy it. In this version, family suffers from hardship (medical/family/financial) when an angel from heaven takes a human role in helping the family find their faith again and everything works out with a big red bow on it to give you a happy ending.
Cecelia
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Laurel (a schoolteacher) and her husband Zach want to be parents. They’ve had some huge disappointments in the past when they tried to have children. Now Laurel’s grandmother, Helen, needs a caregiver and they hire Mrs. Miracle – an angel.

I enjoyed reading this story about Laurel, Zach, Helen and Mrs. Miracle. The struggles that Zach and Laurel faced were so realistic. Their faith was tested – but they do get a glimpse at happiness when they hire Mrs.
Jodie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read a Debbie Macomber book, I feel like I’m coming home and receiving a most welcome hug and her latest book is no exception. A heart-warming story of Laurel and her husband Zach who have gone through the heartbreak of wanting a child so desperately but remaining childless. Laurel’s Grandmother Helen has played an important role in Laurel’s life and lives with the couple. When Helen’s health begins to fail, Mrs Miracle is a welcome caregiver who changes the life of this family.

The story
Carvanz
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Miracle is a Christmas tradition and I was thrilled to get to read this beautiful, miraculous story!

’It was the season, after all, and this year, for sure. The season of miracles.’

description

Disappointment after disappointment in conceiving or adopting a child has left Laurel with a lack of faith. She’s resigned herself to being childless and thought her husband, Zach, had done the same. With the diminishing health of her Nana also weighing her down, they are thrilled when Mrs. Miracle arrives to
Kav
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I goosebumped my way through this book! It was so touching and funny and sad and hopeful --the perfect ingredients for an inspirational holiday read.

Mrs. Miracle is back and living up to her name in this Classic Macomber Christmas story. And the McCulloughs are definitely deserving of some serious angelic intervention! Honestly, I cried at the end. Great heaving, hiccupping sobs. It was so cathartic. :-) This is my absolutely, positively all-time-favourite Christmas novel by Debbie Macomber. The
Karen Rush
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Miracle shows up on the doorstep of a couple coping with loss and caring for a grandmother slipping into dementia. She shows up at just the right time and says just the right things to renew their faith. An uplifting Christmas story and quick read that warmed my heart like a Hallmark movie.

Maureen Timerman
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Once I turned the first page on this one, I didn’t put it down until I was finished, and there is a teaser for another book, you will be hooked there also! I also loved that we are given an epilogue!
Debbie Macomber has done it again, and you don’t want to miss this feel good read, we really need to have one of these once in a while, and this doesn’t disappoint.
We are reunited with characters that we fell in love with in past books, and they will delight you here also.
This one is bound to give
Meggy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Knock Knock.
Who’s there?
Chris!
Chris who?
Christmas!

It is that time of the year. The TV is either blaring about the most amazing toys or airing movies I never want to watch. Cities have begun wearing their most sparkling coats of light and colours. To be honest, Christmas has never been my favourite time of the year. Sarcastic and cynical me prefers to treat her family and friends throughout the year instead of waiting for a special day.

So why, but why did I choose to read a book that screams
Shirley Chapel
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shirley by: Amazon
A very warm hearted story filled with the Christmas Spirit. The story starts out on a sad note. Laurel McCullough has had to face the fact that her Grandmother's dementia is progressively getting worse, to the point where she no longer can be left alone. She and her husband must make arrangements for homecare during the day.
Then there's the fact that Laurel and her husband have been unable to have a baby. Expensive hormone futility treatments were unsuccessful leaving the couple in debt. After
Lainy
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Time taken to read - 1 day

Pages - 272

Publisher -

Source - Review Copy

Blurb from Goodreads

As the holiday season begins, Laurel McCullough could use some good news. She and her husband, Zach, have been praying for a baby that seems more and more like an impossible dream, and they've had to move in with her beloved grandmother, Helen, who's having trouble taking care of herself. But when Laurel contacts a local home-care organization for help, there are no caregivers available.

Then Mrs. Miracle
Linda Zagon
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindas Book Obsession Reviews "A Mrs. Miracle Christmas" by Debbie Macomber, November 2019, Arrow

Debbie Macomber has written a magical, feel-good, witty, and heartfelt holiday seasonal story. The Genres for this story are Fiction, Women's Fiction, with a dash of Magical Realism. There is also some humor. The timeline for this story is set in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events in the story, as well as the future. The author describes her characters as
Ivy
I received an ARC copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Laurel and Zach McCullough have been struggling with infertility and the adoption process. They have all but given up hope to have a baby in their lives. They have had to move in with Laurel's grandmother, Helen, because the cost of treatments they had to have a baby were so high. Laurel contacts a caregiver agency to help her grandma since her health is declining. The agency says no one is available.

Mrs. Miracle
Marilyn
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, christmas

A Mrs. Miracle Christmas is a must be read story. I read this within hours after checking it out from our library. Having read and seen Hallmark movies of Mrs. Miracle, I knew I was in for a treat. Macomber did not disappoint in this book. Laurel and Zach face some tough times along with large disappointments and heartbreak. The arrival from Mrs. Merkle (Mrs. Miracle) from Caring Angel agency to care for Laurel’s dementia grandmother, Helen, while they were at work brought new life to her. She
Susan
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming tale for the holidays. I laughed at times and cried at times...the sign of a really good book!

Mrs. Miracle is back for another Christmas story. Helen, a grandmother losing her sharpness, regains her vitality with Mrs. Miracle as her new daytime companion. But to her granddaughter Laurel and her husband Zach there are concerns. Something just isn't normal about Mrs. Miracle. Do you believe in angels?

Every year I look forward to Debbie Macomber's holiday book and this didn't
Karen
Nov 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is a script for a Hallmark movie. I don't watch Hallmark movies, because I've heard that if you roll your eyes too much they might get stuck that way. This one also involved a bit of head shaking because it includes ideas about heaven, prayer, and faith that I personally think are misleading if not entirely incorrect. But I suspect Ms. Macomber was not focusing on theology as much as the marketability as a Hallmark movie. And I guess it was a better book club choice for December than ...more
Cynthia   Van Camp
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A easy good feel Christmas story.
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just fun, and what I needed.
Ivy
Oct 03, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Bobbie Boldt
Nov 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disappointing. Predictable with little creativity. Read it in an hour. I wish her newer books were as well done as the original Blossom Street books.
Jackie Lane
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm such a sucker for the Holiday Romance books.

This book was no exception. I loved the whole holiday vibe in this book.

Laurel & Zack McCullogh have been hoping for a baby. As events unfold, Laurel and her husband move into a house with Laurel's grandmother, as her health is failing. As conditions worsen, Laurel calls agency after agency looking for a caregiver. All the agencies tell her they have no on available. Mrs. Miracle arrives on their doorstep from and agency (or so she says). She
Pamela Duarte
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I received notice that this book was available on NetGalley, I immediately requested it. This is the third book about Mrs. Emily Merkle, also known as Mrs. Miracle and it lives up to its heritage. The first two were made into Hallmark movies and I can see this installment also making a wonderful Christmas movie. The late Doris Roberts will always be Mrs. Miracle in my mind.

Laurel and her husband Zach live with Laurel’s grandmother Helene/Nana both to save money and to take care of
Girlfriends Book ...: December 2019 Book Discussion 7 7 Dec 06, 2019 09:55AM

• Noel Street
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Let It Snow
  • Christmas in Winter Hill
  • The Christmas Boutique (Elm Creek Quilts #21)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)
  • Child's Play
  • Christmas from the Heart
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Right Beside You
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • The Dark Side
  • Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: When Christmas Comes (Cape Light #20)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Met Her Match
  • The Oysterville Sewing Circle
  • Christmas Angels
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York ...more

Angelic Intervention (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • A Season of Angels (Angels Everywhere, #1)
  • The Trouble with Angels (Angels Everywhere #2)
  • Touched by Angels (Angels Everywhere, #3)
  • Mrs. Miracle (Angelic Intervention #4)
  • Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (Angels Everywhere, #4)
  • Those Christmas Angels (Angels Everywhere, #5)
  • Where Angels Go (Angels Everywhere, #6)
  • Call Me Mrs. Miracle (Angelic Intervention #8)
  • Angels at the Table (Angels Everywhere, #7)
  • Mr. Miracle (Angelic Intervention, #10)