Start by marking “Inside Out (Road to Blissville, #6)” as Want to Read:
Inside Out (Road to Blissville, #6)

Inside Out

(Road to Blissville #6)

Romeo Bradly and Julius Shepherd moved to Blissville for the same reason: a fresh start. Romeo was looking for a school district where he could make a real impact in the lives of students and faculty, and Julius was eager to teach one of his passions to the best and brightest at a school with a nationally ranked science program. But the sleepy little town offered them much ...more
Published January 14th 2019 by Chasing Rainbows Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Inside Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Out

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This was a terribly bland story. The relationship between the MCs lacked depth, and the boss/employee dynamic was never fully addressed. There were no repercussions, no discussion even, of the superintendent of schools dating one of the teachers in his district.

Both MCs were very cookie-cutter and too good to be true. Even the secondary characters were perfect!

I'm not a fan of this author's writing style. The dialogue was too scripted and formal, and the story focused too much on mundane detai
Cadiva
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
As Julius says, this was as schmaltzy as the Hallmark channel at Christmas and I loved it.

Unlike some of the others in this Curl Up and Dye companion series, there was very little angst, just lots and lots of love and happiness.

Rome and Jules formed an almost perfect partnership from the off and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them navigate their way to a Happy Ever After.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
Chris
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
4.5 stars for Romeo & Julius ... what a sweet story. I really enjoy this spin off series, but I must say I do miss the key players from Curl Up & Dye. This book focused on Romeo the school superintendent and Julius the much younger teacher. Their connection was instant and this story was their pursuit of each other while they took on the school production together. Low angst, warm and happy !
Bookreader87(Amanda)
🎶🎶🎶

Rome and Jules have just moved to Blissville around the same time to start fresh. Jules as the new sciene teacher and tennis coach. Rome as the new super intendent. They meet and sparks fly. Jules tries to resist at first but he finds it to be futile. The two eventually get together and their relationship is sweet and angst free.
Nothing much really happens in this one. It wasn't bad, it was just one note.
Denise H.
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
***** Both of our men found the road to Blissville, where they met the day they were each hired at the school. What a fabulous love story; I love this author !
Three students have written a play and it's been approved.
New Science teacher, Julius, 28,

has offered to write the songs for the production.
The new Superintendent and silver fox, Romeo, 42,

is going to direct the event.
On their journey, we watch them handle the ups and downs, and get to know each other, as they work together.

They are
Bo
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the beginning and middle of this book, but the end just fizzled out for me. I can't explain what it was, but it just got boring at the end for me. However, I still love most of this author's books.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Sometimes it is really hard to write a review for a book that by all counts was a perfectly lovely romance without a ton of angst which is usually right up my alley, but Inside Out was so saccharine sweet, it was a bit boring. I loved the characters and the fact it was a May-December romance, but the plot fell a bit short for me. While I appreciated that the two main characters were determined that a musical written by three of their student’s was allowed to be performed, that seemed to be the m
Barb ~rede-2-read~
This book came along at the perfect moment. I needed to feel positive emotions, to smile, to find peace, and that’s what I got from the romance between Romeo Bradly and Julius Shepherd in Blissville.

Both men started their new jobs in the school district on the same day: Romeo as superintendent of the school district, and Julius as an advanced sciences teacher and tennis team coach. The moment they shook hands, their spark ignited a curiosity and attraction that smoldered for months before circu
Jenny Wood
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
So, I’ve read several books in this series, but not in order. Though I do remember a couple of the guys from previous reads, it didn’t take anything away from the story, having not read them all or in order. In saying that… this one was incredibly sweet.
Julius and Romeo got hired on the same day. Romeo as the superintendent at the high school, and Julius, a hot science teacher… Hello, hot guys that are good with kids… hot dads and the like, are kind of my kryptonite. So, while these two try to
Elizabeth
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
Everything in this series is getting way too cookie cutter-cutesy for me. The Mc's have like no personalities they are all so so perfect from the way they react to issues to the way they interact with people and each other. Nothing about this town seems real anymore. I'm losing interest in what happens there and everyone in the town.
Melissa
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Love Story

I loved Julius and Romeo’s love story. I love how supportive their families and students were of their love. Walker always does a great job.
Denise
2.5 Stars

I'm torn how to rate this. While I liked the story, it was sickly sweet, unrealistic, and existed in a perfect world. There was absolutely zero angst, suspense, or surprises. It was unrealistic from the way Romeo and Jules started falling for each other the first time they met to how they started dating with zero backlash or addressing the taboo boss/employee dynamic of their relationship. It baffles me that their superintendent/teacher professional relationship was never an issue or re
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4.25 Stars!

Inside Out is a novel in the Road to Blissville series. It can be read as a standalone, however, there are many recurring characters from Ms. Walker's previous books/series, just so you know.

While there's a respectable age gap between Rome and Julius, these two men are mature and don't go pussyfooting around what they want, each other, even if Julius needed some convincing. ;) They're sweet and hot and bring out the best in each other.

I loved that even if there's conflict in the stor
Sue
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ROME AND JULES*THE LOVE STORY

Happily ever after is the way I want the books I buy to end. This is a book about a wonderful love story. This is book #6 in the ROAD TO BLISSVILLE series. It can be read COMPLETELY as a stand-alone. In this book we meet Rome, he is the new superintendent of schools. A silver fox with a caring and compassionate heart. A man who wants the best for his new school system and the new community he has moved into. Next is Julius Shepherd, the new science teacher and musica
R
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, series
Rome (Romeo) is starting his new job when he meets a man that sparks his interest. He’s several years older and thinks that the younger man is out of his league. Jules (Julius) feels the same sparks. He’s not sure if the older man would be interested in him. When they realize that they have the same feelings, they decide to explore the attraction to each other in every way possible.

This is the best kind of sappy love story. These guys were right together from the beginning. Exactly what I wante
DTM
Congratulations Aimee Nicole Walker on your new release, Inside Out (Road to Blissville #6/KU). A May/December sweet romance, which I absolutely love, Romeo and Julius are incredibly swoon worthy, funny, sexy and hometown heroes to boot! The dialogue and banter are spot on, as always, and the secondary characters are so so wonderful...those kids, I LOVE those kids!!!! I also love "The Dragon"...LOL This book can totally be read as a standalone!!
Mainely Stories
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Who wouldn't enjoy a trip to Blissville with all of those scrumptious couples, interesting men?  Rome and Julius may seem different, race and age (two of my favorite story devices) but in reality, they are so similar.  Both are extremely sensitive men.  Artistic and more specifically performing arts, music and theatre, are passions although it would be difficult to find more well-rounded individuals.  Jules, for example, teaches Chemistry, has a particular talent for music composition and coache ...more
Rachel
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great add to the series. Blissville is a amazing universe and with each new addition I fall more in love. Romeo and Julius’s story is filled with so many things I don't know where to start. I liked how both of these characters are completely new to town with no prior connection to anyone living there. It was refreshing to see them interact with the townspeople and making their own friendships that connect them to the town they've grown to love and become a part of. Getting a fresh start ...more
Melanie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4.75 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-fRR

From that review:I had no idea when I picked up a book called Unscripted Love set in a small town called Blissville about a veterinarian and a writer looking for love how deeply I would come to love this series and a small fictional place that exists nowhere else but in Aimee Nicole Walker's imagination and this series.  Should it actually exist, my bags would be packed, the bo
J Loves-Reading
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

Aimee has done it again. I loved this installment of The Road to Blissville series, just as I have loved all of the others. Julius and Rome are two characters that I love the most next to Gabe and Chazz. Their backgrounds, the May/December aspect, and even their difference in ethnicity all makes me love them dearly.

The book was written beautifully. The characters werfeele developed awesomely and I loved the secondary characters as well. I do feel that the last 10% of the book was extre
Beth
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED IT!

I adore this newest addition to the Blissville universe! What a great story...great characters, wonderful plotline and fantastic message. Total winner!

Romeo and Julius are wonderful characters. I really enjoyed the way the characters developed through the book and the gradual glimpses we got into their backgrounds that ultimately gave us fully formed personalities. I particularly enjoyed the educational setting as a 34 year high school teacher. Though I have to say I’m a bit
Di
Feb 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
Wow, this is such a bad book I had to shelve it at 22%.
I know that ANW has bills to pays but cramming words on a page for the sake of publishing doesn't get you far.
And she has that awful habit of explaining everything as if the reader is a moron. Oh, I'm kindly turning down your date offer but let me explain why. Oh, I brought you lunch and let me explain why. Oh, I decided to take you up on your offer for coffee and let me explain why. I changed my mind about you so do you wanna find out why.
Oz007
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

Nice enjoyable read about Jules and Rome. The story has a lot of depth as it tackles a lot within their relationship co-worker, sexuality, different racial heritage, age. phew! There's a nice subplot with the student play production, which is good example of what's possible. The POS group was a bit of a non-event, with a journalist (no less) coming to their aid. It's a poignant mushy romance story, all rather cute - just like Miss Dolly. I would happily have read more and felt cheated w
Faye Kennedy
3.5 stars 🌟 An okay story I've loved others in this series but this one fell short for me.  An age gap story with fast lusting for each other.  I couldn't feel the connection for them but that's on me. A second chance at love, humour scenes, lust, race and community differences.
Romeo (45 yrs silver fox) was the new superintendent for the School.
Julius was the chemistry teacher and tennis coach and was eyeing Rome..
To save the school play Rome steps in to be the director and hears Julius has also
Astrid
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply Lovely

I really enjoyed this book because it's simply lovely.. The characters are poignant while managing to reflect realism. The self reflection is high and the anxious situations are low which is nice as I feel that some stories overreach and make the anxiety so great I don't enjoy the happy end. I enjoyed the fact that although a mixed race coupling it wasn't all this was about so allowed the reader to reflect the impact of other life changing events. I have read quite a few of Aimee's
Soledad Weaver
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love at first sight.

Aimee Nicole Walker has done it again. Blissville is the place to be. Here we find Romeo the new superintendent of schools and Julius the new Chemistry teacher in a beautiful May/Dec romance that makes you feel so good. Their involvement in the the school play that some students wrote is something to be proud of. What a greatvway to start 2019 with such a powerful and positive story. Come to Blissville you will love it.⚘⚘⚘
Heather
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful tears of joy for this story.

It’s not often a book will make me cry happy tears, but this one certainly managed to do just that. It was relevant without being preachy, and the love story between Rome and Julius hit me so hard in the feels. And I just loved all of the supporting characters in this book. They were so real. This book warmed my heart so much, I can’t recommend it enough.
Sharna Morris
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Inside Out

I honestly could not put this book down! Such a beautiful story with lots of challenges, including homophobia and mixed relationships. How these subjects were written with dignity and understanding was a tribute to the author. Romeo and Julius were gorgeous together, funny, tender, interesting, intelligent and incredibly sexy, to follow on their journey. I truly love this series and can’t wait for more to follow.
Renee
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great May/December

Roman is the superintendent of the school district. He is healing from the loss of his partner. Julius is the first guy he has been attracted to. They get roped into helping a production of a school play.

Super sweet, hot romance. I liked the social drama of the hate group and how it was handled by the town. The guys are sweet. I liked that they were equally insecure and sensitive. A great swoony read.
Tracy Perry
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swoon... What an amazing & beautifully written book! I loved Julius & Romeo, Clara,Ellie & Curtis & practically all of Blissville except The POS people... All my cries were happy tears(yay) The book was about love & togetherness, awe my heart can't take it, so amazing! I highly recommend this as a must read!
  • Circle of Trust (Genesis Circle, #2)
  • Love at Long Last (Trillium Creek #2)
  • Shades
  • Kiss Off (Valentine's Inc. #2)
  • Love You So Madly (Love You So Stories, #2)
  • Hot Mess 3 (Hot Mess, #3)
  • How Not to Blend (Lovestrong #1)
  • Saving Tanner
  • Open Mind (Kink Chronicles, #1)
  • Feel (Breaking Free #6)
  • Lone Wolf's Omega (A Tale from the Mercy Hills Universe)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • Stand by Your Manny (The Mannies, #3)
  • Mated Under the Mistletoe (Vale Valley, #1)
  • Coming Out (Baxter Springs, #2)
  • Wash Out (Anchor Point, #7)
  • Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)
  • His Uptown Guy
I'm a wife and mother of three teenage kids. I've been married to the same wonderful man for twenty years. I've decided that if I can survive raising three kids then I can survive anything!! I haven't uttered the Mama's curse yet, but it could happen any day now. You know the one..."I hope you have a child just like you someday."

I'm an avid reader and lover of all things romance. I've spent my ent

Road to Blissville (6 books)
  • Unscripted Love (Road to Blissville, #1)
  • Someone to Call My Own (Road to Blissville, #2)
  • Nobody's Prince Charming (Road to Blissville, #3)
  • This Time Around (Road to Blissville, #4)
  • Smoke in the Mirror (Road to Blissville, #5)
“Who is this face in the mirror that the world truly doesn’t know?” His voice quavered with emotion. “They say they love me, but how can this be true when they don’t know who I am? Will they still want me if they know the truth?” 0 likes