Start by marking “Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)” as Want to Read:
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)

Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

(Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)

Exotic pet-sitter Belinda Blake is nervous about her new job at the White Pine Wolf Preserve, but it turns out that the care and feeding of wild carnivores may be the least dangerous part of the gig . . .

Kindle Edition
Published October 1st 2019 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Start your review of Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Exotic Pet-Sitter #2)
Carole Jarvis
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-cozy
Reviewed at The Power of Words: https://bit.ly/2p4mZjD

I was not only pleasantly surprised – but shocked – by how much I enjoyed Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing, book #2 in the Exotic Pet-Sitter mysteries by Heather Day Gilbert. This is a great cozy mystery series, totally different from other books in the genre. Characters are colorful and well-drawn, prose and dialogue flow steadily, and the mystery itself has an emotional, almost haunting, appeal. I have not yet read the previou
Jun 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
I absolutely adore this series. My favorite aspects of the book are the lovable, well developed characters, humor, several murders that kept me guessing until the end, unique settings and careers, and not an ounce of content or bad language. This series is so incredibly fun. I highly recommend it to all cozy mystery fans!
Mary Brown
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
Exotic Pet-Sitter, Book #2
Heather Day Gilbert
5 Stars

Synopsis:

Pet-sitter Belinda Blake is no stranger to dealing with wild animals, but she’s wary when the owner of the Greenwich, Connecticut, preserve asks her to help out with her “fluffy darlings.”
Gloria
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a page turning mystery with an interesting twist as Belinda Blake works as an exotic pet-sitter along with a side job doing reviews of games for a gamer magazine. She has sat for all types of pets for people, including a snake. After all, her dad is a veterinarian in upstate New York. Recently, she moved from Manhattan to Greenwich to get a change of scenery and lower rent and lucked out for a great place on an estate.
With her checking account getting low, she hesitantly takes a job hel
Jocelyn Green
If I had to get inside a wolf enclosure to give them water for a temp job, I would be nervous too! Belinda Blake is way braver than I would be, and I love following her adventures from swanky Greenwich to the rustic wolf preserve. This cozy mystery had plenty of red herrings and kept me guessing until the end. I'm ready for the next one in the series! ...more
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)

This is such an enjoyable series! I read Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass ahead of reading Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing for this review & loved it as well. You can definitely read book 2 as a stand alone but it will just make you want to read book 1 so you might as well start from the beginning.

Belinda is just adorable. She’s sweet and sassy and relatable, despite the exotic animals she tends. I love that her best friends are her family, and I love the ‘guy next door’ even more, es
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
What a wonderful followup book in this series.  I've really grown to like Belinda and her investigative skills, even if she ends up in the hot seat more than she expected.

The story is engaging and I like that Belinda seeks out petsitting for exotic pets.  The first book was a snake and in this book, it is helping at a wolf preserve.  All is going well until an employee turns up dead in what appears to be a wolf attack.  There are other unfortunate incidents at the preserve and there are multiple
Susan Snodgrass
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
'I know this sounds impossible, but I think someone's framing the wolves.'

Belinda Blake, sitter of exotic pets, is back on the trail of a murderer once again in the second offering of Heather Day Gilbert's 'Exotic Pet Sitter' cozy mystery series. This time Belinda is tasked with helping out at a wolf preserve for 8 days. True to form, though, Belinda isn't there long at all before a dead body turns up. And another. That's all the clues you'll get from me.

Belinda has a natural bent for solving cr
Chloe Flanagan
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The good news is that Belinda Blake’s reputation as an exotic pet sitter is expanding all throughout the well-to-do Greenwich community. But since that reputation has just landed her a job helping feed a pack of captive and formerly mistreated wild wolves...it could also be the bad news. The news doesn’t improve when, one by one, staff members of the wolf preserve begin falling victim to injury or death at the paws (and teeth) of the enigmatic canines. Yet the more Belinda gets entangled with th ...more
Rebecca
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

"Was this whole thing some kind of elaborate mind game?"

What on earth had she gotten herself into? Exotic pet sitter Belinda Blake expected "off the beaten path"; it was the nature of her occupation, but when her first day on the job at the White Pine Wolfe Preserve brings here face to face with a mangled body, she is second guessing her decision to sign on the dotted line. . . . no matter how much she needed the income.

Staying the course, Belinda determines to remain on the job. But
Patty
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert is the 2nd book in the Exotic Pet-sitter mystery series. I really liked the 1st book in the series, Snake in the Grass, but this book was even better. Belinda Blake lives a carriage house in Greenwich, Connecticut and is hoping to find new pets to watch. When she gets an opportunity to work at White Pine Wolf Preserve, shes nervous, but needs the money, so she takes the job. When a staff member is found dead, eaten by the wolv ...more
Noriko
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
This is a fun, delightful read. I've just finished the book, but I cannot wait to read the next book already! Although this is my very first from the author, this certainly won't be my last.

I have read a decent amount of cozy-mysteries in the past year, but I have never come across anything that features wild animals such as wolves. My usual go-to cozies are culinary ones, so I found the theme of this series quite intriguing and novel, rather refreshing.

Two murders happen in a wolf preserve wh
Katreader
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
BELINDA BLAKE AND THE WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING by Heather Day Gilbert
The Second Exotic Pet-Sitter Mystery

Although used to dealing with all manner of exotic animals, Belinda Blake hesitates when offered a temporary position at the White Pines Wolf Preserve. With bills mounting, however, the decision becomes easier. After all, Belinda would just have to assist the primary feeder for eight days while the owner was out of town, what could be easier? But when a jovial young tour guide is found dead,
Mary
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd installment of the exotic pets mystery series. In this installment Belinda gets a job at the White Pines Wolf reserve and she is slightly nervous of working with wolves and of course her nerves don’t get any better when dead bodies begin showing up. Belinda gets to the bottom of the deaths and this is a good fast paced story. The story shows us that humans are the nastier of the animal kingdom and not the wolves! Good addition to this series.
Lisa Morin
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author. I found the characters to be colorful and the story is well told.
As an exotic pet sitter, Belinda has seen her share of weird things, but to think someone is framing the wolves she's looking after is ridiculous, or is it?
The story is well told and I enjoyed reading about the wolves and their pack mentality.
I think to fully understand Belinda, the first book should be read to get a full understanding of her role as per sitter.
Kailey
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was such a quick read! I love how Heather Day Gilbert kept me guessing who the killer was the whole time! I was shocked when I finally figured it out. I loved this book!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
Maureen Timerman
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I was quickly immersed in this read, and it held me to the end, but was left with questions as to who will win Belinda’s heart!
All the while I was reading and trying to guess what is going on, and hoping that the beautiful animals would not be put down. As we search for answers the clues seem to point to the wolves, I wanted to go and rub their bellies with Belinda.
Answers come and there are a lot of surprises here, and it quickly became a page turner for me.

I received this book through Net Gall
Miss W Book Reviews
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing is Book 2 in the FANTASTIC Exotic Petter Sitter Series.
I absolutely loved the first book in the series, and this installment is so great!

Belinda Blake has a new job at a Wolf Preserve and murder seems to follow her when she finds the tour guide murdered. There are actually multiple deaths. I loved all the twists and turns. The mystery is well crafted.

There is humor, suspense, animals and a little romance. All the elements I look for in a great cozy
Tiffany Coffman
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Belinda does it again!
The second installment of the Exotic Pet-Sitter series did not disappoint! Again, the author was able to create a wonderful world and this time it was set in a wolf preserve. You read that correctly, this time Belinda is pet sitting wolves. There's mystery, sabotage, a little framing (as in setting someone up) and maybe just a little bit of romance.
I am loving this series and can not wait to read the next installment!
Thanks to #netgalley for an advanced copy of the book!
Jane
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series! Great characters, great mystery, and great setting.

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington for an ARC of this book.
Wade
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Think of the wolves as wild, not pets.”

“She had a kind of imperfect, tragic beauty.”

“You have to build a supportive environment in order for someone to start to heal.”

Whoa, this was a good one! Always a fan of Heather Day Gilbert and this one does not disappoint. Like Book 1, we get a full dose of the quirky Belinda Jade Blake as she once again stumbles into a murderous situation. This time, it occurs on a wolf preserve and the questions are whodunnit: Wolf, man, or a combination of both? Belin
Becky Lewis
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing by Heather Day Gilbert was one of the most satisfying cozies I have read. It just hit my reading sweet spot. The characters and story will stay with me as will the fear and trepidation. If I could, I would pick up book three, and start reading immediately. Thoughts?
First, while you can read this as a stand-alone, it will flow better if you read the books in order.
Secondly, this cozy was totally satisfying...from the first word to last. The mystery
Linda Rainey
This was a intriguing book filled with plenty of suspense ,twists and turns
The storyline about a wolf preserve was interesting as was the vivid cast of characters.
This book is recommended for those who like mysteries.
Tabitha
This was a fun read! I enjoyed this book better then the first one! This one ended making you wonder about Belinda's future. It also kept me guessing a lot. Thanks for another fun read Heather! Can't wait till the next one! ...more
Jeanie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Belinda Blake is a pet sitter for the 21st century! Belinda is a brave animal lover and a brilliant video game reviewer and amateur sleuth. The characters in this second of a new series are delightful, the setting gorgeous, and the solution hard to unmask. We get to know Belinda, who I really like, better, even as she learns more about herself through the mirror of long-time friend, Jonas.

Belinda lives in a guest house in Greenwich, CT and has been expanding her exotic pet sitting business here
Brenda
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Belinda Blake and the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing is the second installment in the Exotic Pet-Sitter series set in the well to do community of Greenwich, CT and featuring exotic pet sitter Belinda Blake. After her recent job sitting a ball python, Belinda is looking forward to working at her second job of reviewing video games and waiting for the next pet sitting gig to come her way. She isn't prepared for the call from the owner of the White Pine Wolf Preserve, asking if she'd be willing to come a ...more
A.M. Heath
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts: I read the first Belinda Blake mystery just last week and was treated to a unique new cozy mystery series. Wolf in Sheep's Clothing picks up in the life of Belinda, so we find out what she's been up to since the last book and where life is taking her now. If you read the books out of order, you'll catch a spoiler or two involving Belinda's personal life but the previous mystery wasn't ruined.
Gilbert has a solid writing style. It's engaging. Not overdone, not underdone, but done jus
Robin E. Mason
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve not read anything by Ms. Gilbert that I didn’t absolutely love! And Belinda Blake is no exception. So intrepid, so enterprising, so ingenious. So quirky.
The Belinda Blake series is so original, such a creative story line. Twists and unexpected turns on nearly every page. Suspects left and right. And Belinda always a step ahead.
A delightful tale—well, as delightful as murder and betrayal and [SPOILER] can be…
I found myself more than a little bit envious of Belinda—minus the murders—caring fo
Janet Sketchley
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
You might think that after pet-sitting a ball python, Belinda Blake can handle anything, but she’s not too sure about wolves. Yes, it’s a rehabilitation sanctuary, and yes, they seem friendly, but they’re still wild animals. With sharp teeth.

When someone is found dead and bloody in one of the wolf pens, common sense tells her to bail on her contract and take the consequences. But the wolf preserve is short-staffed and she doesn’t want to let the owner down.

Once she begins to suspect someone stag
Rosalyn
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Belinda Blake does it again!
I'm really finding myself enjoying this series, more than I expected, considering that cozy mysteries are not really my preferred genre.
Heather Gilbert has the ability to write a short mystery that really packs a punch!
There are lots of strange and unusual characters to be found in this story, and I wasn't quite sure which one to suspect.
There are some surprising twists, and some unexpected elements, and it all combines to make a really fun mystery.
I especially like
« previous 1 3 next »

• Life in the Dead Lane (Secret Seal Isle Mysteries, #2)
  • A Sprinkling of Murder (A Fairy Garden Mystery #1)
  • Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Nacho Average Murder (Country Store Mysteries #7)
  • Blind Search (Mercy & Elvis Mysteries #2)
  • A Shot in the Bark: A Dog Park Mystery
  • Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6)
  • Strands of Truth
  • From Beer to Eternity (Chloe Jackson, Sea Glass Saloon Mystery #1)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)
  • Sprinkles of Suspicion (Cupcake Catering Mystery, #1)
  • Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis (Camper & Criminals #8)
  • Gone, Kitty, Gone
  • Darkwater Truth (Darkwater Inn #3)
  • Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #3)
  • Bookmarked for Murder (Mystery Bookshop, #5)
  • On Wings of Devotion (The Codebreakers, #2)
  • Cake Popped Off (Cupcake Catering Mystery Book 2)
Award-winning novelist Heather Day Gilbert enjoys writing mysteries and Viking historicals. She brings authentic family relationships to the page, and she particularly delights in heroines who take a stand to protect those they love. Avid readers say Heather's realistic characters—no matter what century—feel like best friends. When she's not plotting stories, this native West Virginia gal can ofte ...more

Exotic Pet-Sitter (3 books)
  • Belinda Blake and the Snake in the Grass (Exotic Pet-Sitter #1)
  • Belinda Blake and the Birds of a Feather (Exotic Pet-Sitter #3)