Start by marking “Beloved Heart: An Abandoned Heart Spin-Off” as Want to Read:
Beloved Heart: An Abandoned Heart Spin-Off

Beloved Heart: An Abandoned Heart Spin-Off

When a diamond necklace vanishes on the sleeper train to Scotland, Emily and her men are called into action. Their employer: The Royal Family.

In a world of intrigue, wealth and whispered rumours, can Em keep her nerve and solve the case? And more importantly, will there be time to celebrate Valentine's Day with her three guys?
A short and steamy reverse harem set after the
Published January 11th 2019 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Beloved Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beloved Heart

Start your review of Beloved Heart: An Abandoned Heart Spin-Off
Noelle Woodruff
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just in time for Valentine's Day! A great short but funny read from one of my fav authors! Of course it gets hot! Skye does not disappoint! But the story itself sucks you into the investigation with the characters are trying to figure out what happened to the missing necklace of the Royal family.
Phoebe
Someone has stolen one of the Royals diamond necklaces and it is up to Emily and her men to find it before anyone notices it is missing.

It is almost Valentine’s Day and Emily and the guys get a call about a missing diamond necklace. No problem. Meet Royalty. Welcome back two of the guys who have been away on business. Find the necklace and nab the culprit. Celebrate Valentine’s Day.

Except nothing about the case is as it seems.

Skye MacKinnon gives us a racy novella with Beloved Heart
 Diana Davis
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beloved Heart: An Abandoned Heart Spin-Off (Defiance Book 3) Kindle Edition
by Skye MacKinnon

Thanks to Skye MacKinnon for the complimentary eARC. I am choosing to leave a fair and honest review.

This is the perfect latte of a book – hot, steamy, sweet, and frothy, but not meant to be a solid meal!

The mystery that acts as the MacGuffin to get things moving is wrapped up in a matter of paragraphs and most readers will have solved it.

The sex scenes are interesting, lengthy and sizzling. They are
Samantha
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. Beloved Heart is a short story based on the characters from Abandoned Heart. In this story Emily, Luther, Alistar and Ben are asked to track down a necklace stolen from the Royals. The characters and storyline are great. There's some mystery, laughs and a lot of heat. I really enjoyed reading more about Emily and her men. I would recommend this story to be read after Abandoned Heart just because you will ...more
CarolKat
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I confess I haven't read Abandoned Hearts, but now I really need to.

Right from the first page, this book heats up and I got a kick out of Emily's reaction to Luther's get-up. Although it was also a bit rude of him to dress that way and tell her she had to get up when she really needed more sleep.

He does make it up to her in a very chocolatey way.

As Luther and Emily begin the investigation at Balmoral, Ben and Alistair head to Aberdeen to check out the train.

Plenty of twists in this one and I
Daisy Sauceda
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This short little story made me want more of Emily and her men. Woah was it intriguing. You have smexy times and mystery. Emily and Luther are waiting on Alistair and Ben to get back on their mission when they are called in for another. Top priority!! They need to find a stolen necklace for the Princess. The clues don't add up! So do they find the necklace? Who is the culprit? Well I for one did not see that coming. However, when Ben and Alistair make it back they still get their smexy time ...more
Barbara
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Valentine’s Day Spin-Off (Defiance, #1.5) a well written short that kept me turning pages. A necklace theft takes Luther and Emily to the Balmoral grounds where they stay in a cabin. Alistair and Ben being out of town can get to the train where the theft took place, they all meet up at Balmoral. This story has its twists and turns. I did not see that happening. I enjoyed reading it. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Shelly Diguer
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much Emily and her men are on a train on a job for a royal will they succeed or will they not .......well you will just have to read this lovely steamy, sexy times, funny , book it is so well written and you become engrossed in the story right to the end brilliant ..... ...more
Danyelle Williams
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the main series but the author does a good job of making you feel connected to the characters and the story so you don't feel like your missing anything. I feel in love with luthur right off the bat I mean how can you. Emily is a girl after my own heart. I would have been geeking out over the royal family too.
Michelle
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, arc, booksprout-arc
Beloved Heart is a short story about Emily, Alistar, Ben and Luther who are on a mission for the Royal Family to find a stolen necklace. There is a lot going on in this short story that is filled with mystery, humor, suspense and unexpected twists. This can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read the first two books in the series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Alicia Schultz
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this steamy short from Skye Mackinnon! Em and her guys get dragged into a new investigation just in time for the holidays. This story was interesting, with an unexpected twist. And the steam factor was delightful, just the right level for the length of the book. Excellent installment in the series!
Ola Adamska
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2019
What a great short read full of funny moments, sexy times and investigation! The relationship had developed I could feel it!
The investigation will be intriguing and will drag you into the story with all its power!
I love this one! I need MORE!
Whitney Lee
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this author so glad she’s done a short story

Really enjoyed the characters

The world was awesome and the continued chemistry

Heather
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful extension to the book “Abandoned Heart.”
Emily and her men are on an investigation into missing royal jewelry. A great combination of mystery and romance with some very steamy, sexy scenes.
I received an ARC from the author. This is my honest review.
SJ
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Emily and her boys are back, now working for SOCA together, a new mystery to solve has them at Balmoral castle and on the day before Valentines too! Well written with a great storyline and some lovely romantic steam I loved it, I hope we see more of Emily, Luther, Ben and Alistair
Tanya
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A missing diamond necklace on a train leaves her working for the royal family. She is hoping for a good time with her three men. Work tends to come first. Can she find the necklace? Will she get time to spend with her men. Where will it all?.follow them to see
Kylie
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a contempory romance, a short and steamy reverse harem set after the events of Abandoned Heart (Defiance series book 1), but it can be read as a standalone. Another great story from Skye

Tricia
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this spin off from Abandoned Heart. This is set about a year later and the amazing relationship Emily has with her three men is still going strong.

Great short story which leaves you with a happy feeling afterwards.
Mareike
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Wonderful short story- perfect if you want to mix valentine's steamy scenes with a mystery case.
Jodi
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Adorable little RH tale of mystery, intrigue, Royalty and Valentine’s Day all wrapped up in a bow.
Kathryn
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beloved Heart is an very short and sexy read! It has a little bit of a "who done it" and a lot of hot scenes. I like that this can be read by its self and has an HEA.
Denise H
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a cute, fun short story perfect for Valentine’s Day. There are plenty of laughs, sexy times, intrigue, suspense, and mystery as Emily and her men dive into the investigation of the missing royal jewelry. The characters are engaging and the storyline is entertaining. Definitely worth a quick read.
Shannon
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read, with some fun sexy times. The storyline was just ok, but I enjoyed the characters and their time together.
Anthea Goodman
Kelly Vincent
May 15, 2019
Myra
Feb 15, 2020

• Purgatory City (Through the Gates, #1)
  • The Missing Wolf (Familiar Empire #1)
  • Shadowborn Prison (Dark Fae Paranormal Prison, #1)
  • Bluestone Academy (Bluestone #1)
  • Hogmanay: A New Years Kiss Anthology
  • Shadowborn Academy: Year One (Dark Fae Academy Series, #1)
  • Family Ties (Corviticus University #4)
  • Family (Academy of Misfits #3)
  • Bound by Her Destiny: Bound by Her Blood Book 3
  • A star in their eyes (7 Days Of Romance Series)
  • Marked for Life (The Marked for series Book 1)
  • From The Fallen Stars
  • Cry Wolf (Pack Heat, #2)
  • Throne Taker (Heart of the Nebula #3)
  • A Villainous Introduction (Grimmstead Academy, #1)
  • The Men of Elite Metal: Platinum, Zinc, & Francium
  • Magical Mistake (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #2)
  • Descend (Dark Angel Academy, #1)
Skye MacKinnon is a USA Today & International Bestselling Author whose books are filled with strong heroines who don't have to choose.

She embraces her Scottishness with fantastical Scottish settings and a dash of mythology, no matter if she's writing about Celtic gods, cat shifters, or the streets of Edinburgh.

When she's not typing away at her favourite cafe, Skye loves dried mango, as much