Start by marking “The Starless Sea” as Want to Read:
The Starless Sea

The Starless Sea

From the New York Times bestselling author of The Night Circus, a timeless love story set in a secret underground world--a place of pirates, painters, lovers, liars, and ships that sail upon a starless sea.

Zachary Ezra Rawlins is a graduate student in Vermont when he discovers a mysterious book hidden in the stacks. As he turns the pages, entranced by tales of lovelorn pri
Expected publication: November 5th 2019 by Doubleday Books

Chaima ✨ شيماء
Edit: I'm being haunted by every single edition of this book that I haven't pre-ordered

A LOVE STORY SET IN A SECRET UNDERGROUND WORLD. BY THE AUTHOR OF THE NIGHT CIRCUS.

I was having a great time until I remembered I can’t physically read this book until November 2019.

Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
Just got my hands on an ARC!!

Can't wait to read it :D
emma
wait.........MULTIPLE beautiful covers????

someone take mercy on me

-------------

COVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVERCOVER!!!

-------------

hello i would like to read this now please. 2019 is not going to work for me thank you
Samantha
This book is a love letter to stories and storytelling, myths and fables, symbols and imagination. This was haunting and magical, foreboding and whimsical in a way only Erin Morgenstern can achieve. This is a story in which something new can be discovered every time you read it. Breathtaking.
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
THIS IS THE BIGGEST BOOK RELEASE OF 2019 FOR ME!

Seven years ago I read a fantastic book called The Night Circus and it helped me fall in love with books and fantasy. I can still recall most of the novel vividly. And I’d almost given up hope that the author would write another novel, then I found out about this!

I'm so damn EXCITED about it. Only one year to go and then I can read it! I really hope she delivers it with the same skill so I can rave about it on here.
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
UPDATE APRIL 30TH

WE HAVE A COVER AND IT'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.
_____

a bee,
a key,
and a sword.

"I thought I was writing a book about books, but as it turns out I was writing a book about stories."

No words. Nothing. I just—
Twitter | Bookstagram | Youtube |
Kai
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GUESS WHO IS BACK TO FUCK ME UP ONCE MORE
Nick
May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I always imagine Erin Morgenstern's books like paintings. She is that good as describing things.
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Can I go ahead and label this as my new favorite book?

Too early?

Rae
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK!!!! AHHHH!!!!
Emily May
Apr 22, 2019 marked it as arc-2019  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, fantasy

ARC provided in exchange for honest review 🌊
Morgannah
From Entertainment Weekly:
Here’s the official synopsis for The Starless Sea: “Zachary Ezra Rawlins is a graduate student in Vermont when he discovers a strange book hidden in the library stacks. As he turns the pages, entranced by tales of lovelorn prisoners, key collectors, and nameless acolytes, he reads something strange: a story from his own childhood. Bewildered by this inexplicable book and desperate to make sense of how his own life came to be recorded, Zachary uncovers a series of clues
Tucker
Dec 28, 2018 marked it as not-released-tbr  ·  review of another edition
Edit: Ooooo, a cover! Thoughts? Anyone, thoughts?
Book: *is called A Starless Sea*
Me: Well, I hope so. I mean who would want a sea with stars. We all be be burned up

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
Beth
FINALLY ANOTHER BOOK!

The gods have listened 🙌🏻
———-
26.05.19
I just bought the signed exclusive edition from Waterstones, I am far too happy with myself right now!
Mel (Epic Reading)
Finally!!! Night Circus is one of my fave books ever! I cannot wait for more from Erin. 💜
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
4/11/18
Cover is somewhat meh...
---
OMG, the author of NIGHT CIRCUS is writing another book!!!

Ishmeen
FINALLY!!! My morning has just been made 👏🏼👏🏼
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
HALLELUJAH.

After all this time!
Imie (mythicreader)
Being a bookseller is a privilege, and nothing shows that more than being sent this wonderful book months early. Thank you so much Vintage for giving me the book I've been dreaming of. It is hard to describe this book without spoilers or too much fangirling, but I shall try.

Erin Morgenstern is my favourite author of all time. I have a number of copies of her first book, The Night Circus, which I have read repeatedly since I bought it the first time about 7/8 years ago. I've been patiently waiti
Dan
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Magnificent. Reminds me of Neil Gaiman, but it surpasses him in the atmosphere and beauty of the writing. An ode to stories and readers that examines what a story is and what it can be. Many sections of it are like if the #bookstagram hashtag became sentient and wrote a book. Definitely a story you'll want to get lost in.
Benjamin
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I will cross a thousand starless seas just to have this book in my hands.
Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon
Update May 2019
This cover looks slightly familiar . . .
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern

Prereview November 2018
A) I have not yet read The Night Circus but this sounds amazing!
B) the sea is already starless, there are no giant balls of burning gas in the ocean if you haven't noticed.
Iryna *Book and Sword*
I see Erin Morgenstern I click Want to Read

If only all choices in life were this simple.

*I will not survive this November with all of these AMAZING book releases <3

My WEBSITE
My INSTAGRAM
My WORDPRESS BLOG
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I AM SO EXCITED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!!
Nina
Nov 09, 2018 marked it as preordered  ·  review of another edition
OMG THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! 😍
Alice
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as books-to-buy  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER MAGICAL MORGENSTERN LOVE STORY!! i'm so ready for this to tear my heart apart
Amy Imogene Reads
Jun 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
I remember picking up a black, white, and red book in 2013 that looked like a beautiful, gothic escape. I remember reading it furiously, page after page, in the backseat of my parent's car as we drove to Minnesota. I remember finishing it on a bumpy highway with the sun on my face, and immediately realizing that my perspective had been reorganized to fit this new piece of my heart in book form.

I have been waiting for this since 2013 without even realizing it. Can't wait, can't believe it's comi
Sana
Nov 08, 2018 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
This...this sounds beautiful? And everything I love in my books?

'When I started working on my new novel, I thought I was writing a book about books, but as it turns out I was writing a book about stories,' the author said in a statement. 'Stories and choices and change and also time and fate and video games. It took quite a while to get it all to fit in a single book, even down to the bees.'

THANK YOU FOR MY LIFE @ ERIN MORGENSTERN

Source

Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
HOLY SH*T THIS SOUNDS AMAZING AGHHHHH
Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
Huh, book about magic book and hidden world?

HELL TO THE YAAAASSS!

oh you bet this goes on my highly anticipated list.
SciFi and Fantasy...: New Erin Morgenstern book! 15 74 Apr 21, 2019 12:04PM
Can't wait! 1 12 Jan 02, 2019 09:36AM

• Middlegame
  • A Brightness Long Ago
  • The Midnight Lie
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • The Bird King
  • The City We Became
  • Lady Hotspur
  • Untitled Standalone
  • The Harp of Kings
  • The Test
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1)
  • The Testaments
  • The Glass Hotel
  • What Monstrous Gods
  • Gods of Jade and Shadow
  • The Raven Tower
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
Erin Morgenstern is the author of The Night Circus, a number-one national best seller that has been sold around the world and translated into thirty-seven languages. She has a degree in theater from Smith College and lives in Massachusetts.