Start by marking “Come A Little Closer (Georgia Boys, #2)” as Want to Read:
Come A Little Closer (Georgia Boys, #2)

Come A Little Closer

(Georgia Boys #2)

Sophie was the love of my life. Okay, we were twelve the last time I saw her but still. I've tried everything to move on—whiskey, women, weed. Nothing seemed to fill the void.
Now, ten years later, she shows up out of the blue. The problem, I'm not the boy she used to know. I have a reputation that could ruin everything. Still, I have to try. Even if nothing happens betwee
Published January 15th 2019 (first published January 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Come A Little Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come A Little Closer

Start your review of Come A Little Closer (Georgia Boys, #2)
Coco.V
Mar 20, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 The complete Georgia Boys (3 book series) is FREE on Amazon today (3/20/2020)! 🎁
Jen
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Georgia Boys series. This book is Sophie and Kevin's story which is frustrating as it is heart warming. Sophie and Kevin have not seen each other since they were 12 years old. It has been 10 years and they cross paths again. Both of these characters get a say in the book as they each get a chapter to share their own point of view on what is going on. Sophie grew up as the good girl where Kevin was the star football player and was very free with the ladies. When rea ...more
Sheila Fiske
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book reminded me of my 20’s. Hanging out, dancing, drinking and partying. Having fun. Reconnecting with friends from childhood. This book dealt with a couple of important issues. I thought it was done very well.
Barbara
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Georgia Boys series a well written story that had me not wanting to put the book down. Sophie and Kevin's story has twists, turns, and a man that has a lot to make up for after he hurts the woman he loves. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
KathleenJ. Morris
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh to be young & stupid again, LOL

That wasn't very nice, sorry!
A VERY sweet story that I thoroughly enjoyed, took me back to being a naive, but oh so passionately in love teenager-
Marlena Lang
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun story. I flew through this book so fast! I really enjoyed the writing style. I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to know what happened next. I really enjoyed this one and can't wait to read more from this author. I really recommend this book if you love romance.
Amy Miller
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this story. Takes me back to when I was young. A sweet romance and a great series! Can't wait for more!
Tanya
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He loved her so much but they had been 12 and he tries everything to forget her but nothing works. She then reappears many years later and he knows he is no good for her. can they be just friends? Could they make it as a couple? See what will happen

Jen
I would have enjoyed this book a lot more if Kevin wasn't such a jerk and man-whore. I mean, seriously, the book opens with him playing tonsil hockey with another chick, whom he promptly ditches in favor of a just-returned Sophie. Sadly, though, it is not the last time (by far!) that he spends time in the company of other women. Even though Sophie is supposedly the love of his life that he's been pining over for the last ten years.

They do start up a relationship again, but it's just as friends.
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Spoilers.
I don’t know if it was my copy from booksprout but I had lots of grammar errors and some misspellings, but that I can overlook if it was in my copy. These two are 22 and they last saw each other when they were 12 but in the 10 years they were parted Kevin was a sophomore in high school, a football star when he became the playboy that has all the women in their town falling and petting him for attention, thankfully he kept the glove on with them. Sophie kept to herself since she is a vi
Maria
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, bookbub
A little bit bittersweet reunion

It was kind of bittersweet story for me. A lot of romantic, sweet and touching moments but ruined by the immaturity and selfishness of the hero. But well I guess everyone was growing up in some point of time or is still doing this to become an adult, so no fault in that. No one is perfect. And the fact they couldn't really communicate even if they spend a lot of time talking. They were to afraid to show their true emotions and feeling toward each other, too afraid
Kathy L.
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing better than having your world turn upside down only to have it turn right-side up again...

Sophia and Kevin had a rough start as adults back in each other's lives. Their story was pretty realistic though, so all the back and forth is pretty accurate with real life relationships. This means I am not mad about reading all the misunderstanding between the two because it completely makes sense.
I would have like a little more for the ending because it did feel a tad bit rushed, but I am still
Jennifer Hernandez
This is the second book in a series, but can be read as a stand alone. You see characters from the first one and they do make you curious about their journey. I really wanted to like Kevin more; he was well written and really wanted to change and be a good guy for Sophie, but some of his actions were a turn off for me personally. And I also didn't like Sophie's reactions to said actions. But, again they were both well written, everything felt complete and the story took me back to being young an ...more
Nancy Alexander
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Chance to Love

This was my first story by Chrissy Brown. After reading about one quarter of this book, I almost stopped due to language & smoking, but that’s life. I decided to continue & glad I did. Sophie Emery & Kevin Anderson first met at age 12 & became best friends they thought forever, but Sophie moved away with her mother. Sophie moved back after 10 years away & she & Kevin had to start all over but they still had that spark for each other. This was a turbulent relationship but with a H
Heather Wamboldt
Come A Little Closer is the second book in the Georgia Boys series. The characters are well developed and realistic. The story is well written, with heartbreak, drama, and steamy scenes. Sophia and Kevin go through life's ups and downs before they can have a true relationship.
I read and reviewed a copy of this book with no obligation.
poppy
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ng
This is a great series after reading and enjoying the first book I could not wait to read this one and what a great read it was I liked it even more than the first book. I liked both Sophie and Kevin and really enjoyed getting to know them and watch their relationship develop. A sweet read with some twists I really liked it
Karen Galloway
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very Enjoyable

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. I enjoyed reading this book by Chrissy Brown. If you are looking for a good book to read you want to read this. It’s a Good, well written, interesting Story and the great, entertaining characters kept me glued to this book. I loved their story. Their interaction and chemistry was engaging, I couldn’t put it down.
Jackie Roberts
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet, slow burn love story about second chances, and missed opportunities.

This was a great Holiday read. The story was very well written with great characters. The story drew me in and I had it finished in one sitting. I would highly recommend this read.

Geraldine Streit
Mar 29, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It’s gonna be super harsh but this story is just plain boring. The characters are cliché and quiet weak. Nothing happen.

Ashleigh
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I completely fell in love with these characters!
I laughed, cried, and cheered my way through this amazing book, and cannot wait for more by this author!

I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Christina Beggs
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG

I thought I liked the first Georgia boys book but this one blew it out of the water. Absolutely amazing. Kevin and Sophie have such great dynamics I felt like I actually knew them. Can’t wait to read the next one.
Jamie
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This gave me the warmest heartache I’ve experienced in such a long time. The desperation to get that HEA, being mature enough to forgive someone for having a life before you come along. So good.

Jeanne Richardson
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 1st book I've read written Chrissy Brown; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Chrissy Brown
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Melissa
YMK
May 19, 2019

• Melissa's Men
  • Beautifully Broken
  • Blood Sky (Broken Mercenaries, #1)
  • Can't Resist You (Being Yours Series Book 4)
  • This
  • Man Find (Bergen Brothers, #3)
  • Dare Me (Legends of the Ashwood Institute #1)
  • O-Men: Liege's Legion - Bastion
  • Built for Trouble (Built for Love #2)
  • Dixon (Courting Chaos 4)
  • Promises (Benson Siblings #2)
  • The Story of Killian & Liri (Cruel Love, #1)
  • Exposure (Epiphany, #1)
  • Tempt Me (Temptation Series, #1)
  • Neighbors Like That (A Love Like This, #1)
  • Handling the Rancher (Graciella, #1)
  • Taken By The Bully: A Dark Bully Romance
  • The Middle Road
I am always reading. If there's not a book in my hand, it's my computer or on my Kindle. When I'm not reading or writing, I'm chasing my twin girls. I live in Florida with my husband, my girls, and two dogs.

Keep up with Chrissy on all platforms:

Facebook➜ https://www.facebook.com/chrissybrown...
Twitter➜
Goodreads ➜ https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
Website ➜

Georgia Boys (3 books)
  • Can't Let Go (Georgia Boys, #1)
  • Forever and Three Days (Georgia Boys, #3)