Start by marking “The Storm of Life (The Brilliant Death, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Storm of Life (The Brilliant Death, #2)

The Storm of Life

(The Brilliant Death #2)

The sumptuous and powerful conclusion to the gender-fluid duet begun by The Brilliant Death, hailed by Kirkus as "a delicious and magical intrigue too tempting not to devour" (starred review).

Teodora diSangro and Cielo, the strega she loves, are on a mission to save their country of Vinalia from its manipulative leader, who wants to exploit streghe and use them as his
Audio CD
Published January 7th 2020 by Listening Library

Start your review of The Storm of Life (The Brilliant Death, #2)
Iris
Jan 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Okay can someone please explain to me WHY this is... not listed as a sequel to The Brilliant Death on goodreads, despite the blurb making it very clear that it is??? Because I totally though The Brilliant Death was a standalone...

I'm all of a sudden a whole lot more satisfied with how The Brilliant Death ended...

Anyways I NEED THIS ASAP. I need to see how my darling Cielo and Teo are doing! And ahhhhhh how am I supposed to wait?!?!?! I NEED IT. NOW PLEASE.
E.
When did it get a cover????
_______________________
Nothing makes me happier about the rapid linear passage of time than release date saying 2020 and my calendar saying 2019

__________________________

insta | twitter | blog | booksirens | duolingo
maya
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
me: that cover is stunning.
and it’s trans!!!

also me: have you even read the first book?

me: STOP ATTACKING ME

noah
I read The Brilliant Death earlier this year and loved it. I thought it was so creative and unique and I couldn't wait for the next book. So, you can imagine my delight when I was approved for an ARC of The Storm of Life. I started it immediately, but somehow I wasn't connecting with the characters and the story as much as I did with the first book.

I read The Brilliant Death in one sitting. I stayed up all night eager to see what would become of Teodora and Cielo. This time I read in starts and
jess bennett ⋆
Oh my GOD. The Brilliant Death was one of my absolute favorite reads this year. I need this sequel like breathing.
Ashley
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5
Ellie J.
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5/5 stars
Recommended for people who like:
fantasy, court intrigue, magic, genderfluid characters, pansexual characters, LGBTQ rep, fantasy, fantasy Italy

Teo and Cielo are back with even more action, and trouble, than before. After the ending of the last book, this one opens with the two of them traveling to warn other streghe of the Capo's plans to kill them to acquire power. There's definitely some romantic and magic shenanigans on the way, but true to form they rather quickly end up in an
L K
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So 3.5/5 stars. Allow me to explain. This was a lovely little fantasy book with plenty of fantasy politics. It’s about love, family, and new beginnings. Teo and Cielo explore their relationship as well as the path they plan to take after The Brilliant Death. I really did fall in love with their love. It was a nice book, though it did take me a bit to get through. The first seventy pages or so of the book felt very scattered and a little confusing, like having to play mental catchup. Maybe it was ...more
Sarah Yung
Sep 17, 2019 rated it liked it
I haven't read the first book, which is usually a huge detractor for me. However, Capetta does a good job of smoothly introducing the magic system and integrating past plot points into the narrative. Less effective, in my opinion, is the establishment of previous relationships—I don't think I got the full emotional impact of Teo's feelings toward her family members, for example, though we certainly got a strong enough sense of Teo's physical feelings toward Cielo and vice versa.

Ultimately, I
Lauren
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sandra
Feb 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars rounding to 5. I loved The Brilliant Death and the many original ways the story is told. Book 2 is no different; the author tells this gender fluid story in a beautiful, interesting and creative way, I can’t help but fall in love more with Teodora and Cielo. The magic is new and the romance and twists worth a slow read. I loved this book and is a great follow up and completion to the story.
Kat
#TheStormofLife #Edelweiss
A genderfluid novel that has a unique feel. It will find an audience of teens and young adults that will love the balance of individualism. The backdrop is descriptive and blends harmonically with the characters. I could not get over the unique feel of the novel. The novel is a sequel to A Brillant Death.
Thank you to Edelweiss and Viking Books for the opportunity to read and review the E-arc copy of this novel.
Andie
Feb 05, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I'm rating it even though it's a DNF at page 260 because abuse is completely unacceptable. This book unconvinced me of Teodora and Cielo's love.
P.S. It's weird when there's sex scenes with underage characters and it's not fade to black. I don't care how vaguely put it is I do. not. wanna. read that!! If you want to celebrate genderfluid love and sex simply make your characters not underage and actually in love with each other cause this ain't it.
vesper
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it
beautiful beautiful writing and the representation is immaculate;
however, i think the pacing and plot is a tiny bit distracting for the whole picture
either way, i highly recommend this duology (would love to see it adapted!!)
Charlie Rose
Aug 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
The cover THE Cover THE COVER. I am so in love ...more
Rachel
Jan 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Beckie Wendorf
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
For a full review visit: www.compassbookratings.com
Kathleen
Queer content: continued queer romance from Brilliant Death, queer MCs
Christopher Ogden
Feb 23, 2020
Esteban
Feb 09, 2020
Hmr28
rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2020
Kathryn
rated it it was ok
Feb 15, 2020

• Reverie
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • The Worst Best Man
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Ashlords
  • Spellhacker
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • Layoverland
  • I'm Not Dying with You Tonight
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • Frankly in Love (Frankly in Love, #1)
  • Havenfall (Havenfall, #1)
  • Pet
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer Trilogy, #1)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Loki: Where Mischief Lies
Amy Rose Capetta, the author of Echo After Echo, holds a master of fine arts in writing for children and young adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts. She lives in Vermont with her partner, author Cori McCarthy, and their young son.

The Brilliant Death (2 books)
  • The Brilliant Death (The Brilliant Death, #1)