Start by marking “An Impossible Attraction (The Cavallo Brothers Book 1)” as Want to Read:
An Impossible Attraction (The Cavallo Brothers Book 1)

An Impossible Attraction (The Cavallo Brothers Book 1)

He was Mr. Wrong until he did everything right.

ebook
Published February 6th 2019

To ask other readers questions about An Impossible Attraction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Impossible Attraction

Rosie Amber
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Touched To The Soul is book #2 in a romance series around strong women from the Sutherland Family and powerful handsome men from the Cavallo family. The books are primarily set in South Africa and are quick easy read romances with popular storylines and happy ever after endings.

The story takes off at the wedding of Caitlin Sutherland and Don Cavallo, and is the tale of Zoe and Dale. Zoe is a successful interior designer and Dale is a hotel owner. There is already an underlying interest between t
Hannah Fielding
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Elsa’s book Touched to the Heart, and so I picked up this book excited to immerse myself back in this story world. The book did not disappoint at all: I was delighted to meet Zoe and Dale and follow their journey in love.

A real strength of this series is the family aspect. Zoe is one of the Sutherland sisters, and Dale one of the Cavallo brothers. In the first book, Touched to the Heart, these two families are united by one of the Cavallo brothers and one of the Sutherland
Emma
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
An Impossible Attraction by Elsa Winckler
He was Mr. Wrong until he did everything right.
When Interior Decorator Zoe Sutherland is offered the career-building opportunity of a life time – working on super star architect David Cavallo’s glamorous new hotel – she’s thrilled…until she meets David. He may be the most handsome and sexy man she’s ever met, but he’s also the most arrogant and mysterious. He denies her access to the hotel’s floor plans, interfering with her ability to work. And when she
Janine
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe and Dale were meant to be together. It just took some time, and a little nudge from some family members, for them to figure it out.

They shared a dance and a kiss when Zoe’s sister married Dale’s brother. It was enough to make sparks fly. But, Zoe didn’t trust men and she would never date Dale. So, how could she have gotten caught up in the moment? Dale was a rich man with a reputation of dating women and then dumping them when he got bored with them. Ever since that kiss, Dale couldn’t get Z
Shelagh
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Set in and around Cape Town, An Impossible Attraction is Elsa Winckler’s latest story and the first in her new Cavallo Brothers series. For me, the gorgeous settings made this story special, possibly because I used to live there decades ago and I could easily imagine the stunning botanical gardens, the quaint Cape Dutch cottages in Stellenbosch and the rather more grand houses of Hermanus.
This story is very much on the steamy side with both Zoe and Dale suffering from a strong sexual pull toward
Kathy
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe and Dale fight their attraction vehemently. It causes a lot of conflict, some laughs, and sparks to fly like an electrical storm. The chemistry between them is hot but there is just too much keeping them apart.

At first, I wasn't that fond of Dale. I don't like a bossy man, but I soon realised that it was a cover-up for his deep feelings. Zoe is a strong-minded woman who knows what she wants, well, to a degree. She doesn't realise how much she wants Dale.

This romance is hot! The chemistry bet
Shari
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. There was an immediate attraction between the Zoe and Dale, at Zoe's sister's wedding. Dale needed more, so he hired Zoe to revamp his hotels, Dale is only interested in one night stands but Zoe might just change his mind. The problem lays that Zoe does not believe in happily ever after, so can Dale change her mind.

Their sexual chemistry is hot, loved the little black panties. Zoe's mom is a hoot, a romance writer. She had me laughing out loud. Lot's of family
Anne-Marie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good romance read from the pen of one of South Africa's best romance writers. Elsa Winckler writes romance with substance and although this is not my usual choice of book anymore, I thoroughly enjoyed it and all her other books as well.

Interior Decorator Zoe Sutherland gets the dream job to work on super star architect David Cavallo’s glamorous new hotel. She is in seventh heaven until she meets David. He is attractive and sexy, but he is also the most arrogant and mysterious man she's e
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
So we have the start of a new series.We meet Zoe was young and and way person due to some past issue so she was a little bitter and not in any rush to get into a relationship especially not with rich playboy Dale. Dale also had a past relationship that left him gun shy but he can not get Zoe out of his mind, so even though they fight there chemistry, eventually they give in and that my friends is when the story begins. It was cute enough to pass the time.

Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgal
Louise Bird
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Zoe and Dale’s story it was instant attraction when Dale first saw Zoe. Then the kiss at his brother/ her sisters wedding. He hired her company for a decorating job when she was away and now she is back and sparks are flying.
Follow that by a disagreement between the two which is short lived when Zoe is attacked.
Donnajo
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read a advanced reader's copy of this book

A great start to a new series. An Impossible Attraction by Elsa Winckler. The Cavallo Brothers series. Enjoyable storyline and great character development. I look forward to reading the next book in this series.
Runner10
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
An Impossible Attraction is my first book to read by Elsa Winckler. It is a quick read filled with romance. I look forward to reading more books by Elsa Winckler.
Wendy Jones
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having fallen in love with Don in the previous book, it was tough to fall for his brother this time. Both books are well written, good stories and alight with chemistry, but it's still Don for me. Looking forward to the other sister's book, now...
Melinda
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lovely sweet contemporary romance. Author delivers a beautifully layered, heartfelt story that pulls at your heartstrings. A fabulous read! And I will be looking for more books by this author in the future. Would recommend
Samantha
An impossible attraction is between Zoe and Dale. Her sister and his brother just got married and now they are spending time together. The problem? The attraction between them is insane but she has daddy issues and he is the ultimate playboy.

They fight it but it’s eventually hard to resist and end up in bed together. It’s a cute story but I felt like the build up lacked a little. All in all it was a decent book.
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

We first met Zoe and Dale at his brother’s and her sister’s wedding uniting two unique, tension-filled families and their friends into one volatile combination. To say that either Dale or Zoe were smokin’ hot with sizzling chemistry from the beginning would be an understatement. Yet there is more beneath their almost instant lust-filled attraction to each other – there is distrust, some family issues that have been resolved but still linger in some minds and such stu
Paula
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
An Impossible Attraction is part of a new series, the Cavallo Brothers by Elsa Winckler. Having read Where the River Bends, I had thought that this would be connected to it. It is romance with a South African setting but the story-line is very different.

An “opposites attraction” story, bordering on “enemies’ attraction” story, it also has the billionaire or wealthy male main character that seems so popular right now. There is also family drama, business issues and distrust, doubt and overriding
Trisa Hugo
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
An Impossible Attraction is the first in the Cavallo Brothers series. Being in the romance genre, it is assumed that there will be a man and a woman who meets, who have some obstacles in their relationship, overcome the obstacles and the book ends with man and woman who get together.

The writer is a master of her genre, she manages perfectly to keep the attention and the reader can feel the sexual tension between Zoe and Dale throughout the book.

What I really liked is that the setting of the nove
Sheila Jenkins
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
An Impossible Attraction - 4 STARS
A Cavallo Brothers Romance
Author : Elsa Winckler

ARC received from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Opinions expressed are my own ...

Attractive Cover & Book Blurb caught my eye !

Zoe Sutherland is a interior decorator looking to grow her business and further her career. Dale Cavallo is an award winning architect - both have some serious trust issues. So when the opportunity comes for Zoe to handle all the interior design & decorating for Da
Bette Hansen
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an ok read even though I thought the storyline was very predictable and the chemistry between the main characters of Zoe and Dale seemed lacking. There isn't anything wrong with the story but there isn't anything WOW about it either.

There is an immediate and intense attraction between Zoe and Dale. An attraction Zoe fights hard to resist but when Dale tricks Zoe into working with him on his latest project the sparks really begin to fly and resisting becomes almost impossible.

This is a f
Paula Pugh
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say right off the bat that this novel ahs some sizzling scenes. They completely play into the ambivalent feelings that Zoe Sutherland and Dale Cavallo have for each other. The more they tell themselves, “No Way” the harder it gets to avoid the simmering underneath.
The book moves fast and has some mysterious elements to boot. I cannot wait the forth next Cavallo Brothers book to arrive!
Helena#bookdreamer
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
What drove me crazy about this romance, is the over the top fever both had for each other and their week attempt at staying away from each other. Zoe refuses to work with Dale but ends up being manipulated into doing so. While Dale plays the caveman not letting her make any decisions and sexualizing their work relationship. I didn't buy their feelings for each other as genuine and the story fell flat to me.

Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
BB
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Characters weren't super in depth, with a tendency to lash out in pseudo anger. I say pseudo, bc its used more a way out of the dialogue/ situation the author backed her way into, and the "anger" ends before the sentence does.
The chemistry between all the couple/future couples was bland. The writing was both wordy and dragged on.

Mostly the problem was bad writing.
Gabby
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Honestly, it was just an okay fast paced read. Nothing really stood out for me. I had trouble feeling the chemistry between Dale and Zoe.

I definitely felt like I should have read the first book before this one. I was a bit lost there in the beginning.
Jacki
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
1.5☆

What I liked:
Part of a series: The Cavallo Brothers
HEA
Epilogue

I had a hard time staying interested in this book.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC from NetGalley.
Diddi
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sandi Ramirez
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-challenge
Zap,Crackle, Pop! Instant Chemistry! This book sizzles that is for sure! Fancy a shag at a wedding? How about one of the bridesmaids and a groomsmen's hooking up for one quickie? That happens all the time right but then if they are related to the bride and groom who got married...
Zoe Sutherland is an Interior Decorator and own her own company. David Cavallo and his brothers own a ton of hotels and he hired Zoe to decorate the hotel well he tried too. This is one of those books that has chemistry
Laura D
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Zoe and Dale did not hit it off at first sight. Her sister is marrying his brother so this could be a problem in the future. They have a moment at the wedding... or was that the alcohol talking. Now he can't get her out of his mind and she wan't nothing to do with him. He hires her firm to decorate his new hotel just so he can spend time with her. His micro managing is too much for Zoe to handle. She is a strong independent woman who does not need her hand held to do her job. In this story it is ...more
Sheena
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley

Rating: ★★★☆☆ (3/5 Stars)
Title: An Impossible Attraction
Content Rating: PG-13
POV: Third Person
Smexy Level: Warm
Favorite Quote(s):
― “How realistic is it to think you can love only one person for the rest of your life?”
― “You know me, getting married is not on the agenda. Happy-ever-afters are not my thing.”
― “You annoy me,
Virginia
rated it did not like it
Feb 12, 2019