Start by marking “Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)

Archangel's War

(Guild Hunter #12)

Return to New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh’s darkly passionate Guild Hunter world, where human-turned-angel Elena Deveraux, consort to Archangel Raphael, faces a new challenge that threatens the balance of the world.

Wings of silver. Wings of blue. Mortal heart. Broken dreams. Shatter. Shatter. Shatter. A sundering. A grave. I see the end. I see. . . .

The world/>Wings
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 478 pages
Published September 24th 2019 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's War, please sign up.
Angel Larsen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
2.5 - 3 Stars

So....I’m in the minority here...but definitely not my favorite of the series.

Things were VERY slow to get going...there was a LOT of rehashing of some of the same information from previous books (Caliane leaving Raphael “broken” on the field all those eons ago, Raphael not being the same archangel who forced Elena to cut her own hand in book one, the deaths of Elena’s sisters in childhood - all mentioned MULTIPLE times...as they have been mentioned MULTIPLE times in
I honestly don't know how to review this book without giving spoilers so I'm deliberately going to keep this quite vague. What I will say is that Archangel's War was everything I could possibly have wanted after that killer cliffhanger ending to Archangel's Prophecy! Elena and Raphael are both changing in ways they never could have imagined but they are still the power couple we know and love who are more than capable of kicking butt and taking names.

You can probably guess from the title that war is coming and all I
Corina
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: power-couple, pnr
Here is a chance to win a paperback of Archangel's War - open INTERNATIONAL
_________________________________

Oh wow! More than I could have hoped for.

One of my all time favorite power couples is KICKING ASS!!!

Archangel's War is from beginning to end action packed. The many different plots boggled my mind. The execution was masterful. With amazing precision, each and every plot, scene and chapter was perfectly interlaced to deliver an amazing end result.

Honestly, I was blown away by how intricate this book was.

____________________________________

UPDATE and full review

Elena and Raphael have been one of my most favorite power couple of all tim
Smiley
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone who has read Archangels Prophecy is desperate to read this book ASAP! The last book was a total shocker for everyone and I absolutely cannot wait to read both these books back to back. It better be an Elena and Raphael book, or there defiantly will be some angry and disappointed readers.
Aisling Zena
5/10/19

So I'm somewhat mullified with the ending but boy did this book drag way too much.. Mostly all I kept thinking was

description

See how many gifs I found? Triple that and that's how many times I thought about Lijuan dying. The beginning meandered a b
Jilly
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, angels
Worth the wait? Yes!
If you are a fan of the series, you love Elena and Raphael as much as I do: with the burning love of a thousand suns. They are right up there with Roarke and Eve, along with these two:

The last book had some crazy, catastrophic stuff go down so I wasn't sure what changes we would see at the start of this. It turned out to be not as huge as I thought, but good. And, now it's time for
Miss OP
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know I am one of your biggest fans and THIS BETTER be Elena's book lol. Don't mess with me, please. lol

I hate every bitch who reads this book before me.
Lila
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EPIC.
This is THE book, guys.
This is the one I was waiting for a long time.
This is the Endgame movie, The Heart of Obsidian of Guild Hunter series.
The one that finally changes status quo for real and for good.

Everything that was happening since Uram gave way to his bloodlust and went psychopath,through Cascade being the pain in everyone's ass and Elena's mysterious illness... everything was building toward this book.

The story opens right after that cruel cliffhanger Nalini dropped on us at the end of Archangel's Prophecy with Elena and Raphael being trapped in weird, lig
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
RELEASE DATE: September 24th 2019

In the meantime, my never-ending prayer for Aodhan's & Illium's book as in mm couple book continues...
Holly
The good news: this wasn’t as dumb as the previous book

The bad news: this was as needlessly drawn out as the previous book

Lijuan, the baddie who has refused to die for countless books makes yet another appearance and battling her this time takes literally 20 chapters. To say I was over it way before it ended is a vast understatement. I am definitely not in a rush to pick up the next book whenever it comes out.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
So much riding on this book and it did not disappoint!

The more I read of Raphael and Elena the more I love and admire these characters. Elena was a fierce warrior in this. Actually, she has been a fierce warrior in all the books. I love the way she has stayed true to herself and still evolved. She is one of my favorite heroines.

The way Raphael fights to stay a little bit human for Elena, even knowing that is considered a weakness to others, shows a man who loves his woman to the ful
♥Rachel♥
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Guild Hunter series quickly became a favorite last year when I binge read all the Elena/Raphael books. The romance between Elena and Raphael has been electric and all-consuming, an epic love! They’ve come a long way over the series, and I love that they face each trial thrown their way together as a united front. This is a series that needs to be read in order, the Elena/Raphael books, at any rate. The others center on other couples and can be read on their own, IMO. While this is book twelv ...more
Lyndi W.
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 5-star
I have three words for you: IMMORTAL FIGHT CLUB

Oh. My. God. That was fucking epic! Currently sitting at 471 pages, this book is a beast that is impossible to put down. I read it straight through and didn't get to sleep until 6am. I'm reading the last few pages and hearing the morning birds chirping thinking "Oh, I could definitely go another 400 pages."

Oh gosh, how to review it without ruining a single thing. I'm not even sure I can and I'm also jacked on caffeine. Let's see...

W
Sammy Loves Books
That Cover! What Does it Mean? What's up with her Wings?

description

I hated to give this a 3 star..

Full review to come!
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

THIS BOOK IS INSANE.

Seriously, chaos. War comes to the planet, and the characters we've come to know and love have to fight to save their world. Like, the WHOLE world.

I don't know how to write this review without spoiling anything, and as this book is a COMPLETE GAMECHANGER for the series, I don't want to spoil even a little bit for you.

The
Gundega (Rouzmary)
Nov 10, 2018 marked it as to-be-released  ·  review of another edition
After Archangel's Prophecy I'm quite sure all of us are thinking that this book better be about Elena & Raphael.

Otherwise a mob might descend on Nalini's house. Sure we love Nalini, how can we not with these awesome books she writes, but this...this better be what we want it to be and we're given Elena's book.

And I'm pretty sure this is what goes on right now XD :

And I'm pretty sure this is what goes on right now XD :
description

UPDATE
YESSSSS! OUR threats WISHES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!
It WILL be Elena & Raphael's book!
description

And we even got title!!!!!!

Archangel's War

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

UPDATE 2 (April)

We've got a coverrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
And what a gorgeous cover it is!!!!!! :D

Also, a tiny blurb ;D

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Book #1 review: Angel's Blood <- that's not actually a review, yet XD I'm working on it
Book #9.7 review: Elena's School of Horror
Book #10 review: Archangel's Viper
Book #11 review: Archangel's Prophecy
Kate's Corner
Got to say that I am quite disappointed with this one. I could be mean and say it was near identical to where they were fighting Lijuan the first time in New York but I guess the author wanted to go with a extended development. The end of this book gives the world a clean slate as The Cascade is over. Which leaves us with things that need to be cleared up or can be expanded on. I am still waiting on a book with Sparkle and Bluebell. But Sparkle has gone off to China. What shall happen next?
Kira
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Chaos. It is absolute chaos. The world is overflowing with power, and of course most of it is in the hands of the enemy. Crazy things are happening, and no one knows what it means. Everything leads to a war that is long and arduous.

It was so good! It’s hard to say almost anything about this without giving anything away. It picked up where the last book left off. I was extremely satisfied with the turn of events for Elena and Raphael. I liked all of the scenes wit
Beth
Wow, just wow! Singh, once again, pulls out all the stops in this pulse intensifying addition to the Guild Hunter series. Let’s just say that I can never get enough of Elena and her kick butt ways.

Warning: Sitting on the edge of your seat, you won’t be able to put Archangel’s War down once you start!

It has all come down to this, a war with Lijuan, the insane archangel with a god complex. Millions of lives wiped out, causing cataclysmic destruction and waking the ancients are just a few of the obs
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

With the cliffhanger ending of the last book in the series, many readers are biting their nails to see what will come of Elena and Raphael in this installment. As a fan of this series, I was very much looking forward to see what Nalini Singh would do and I’m happy to note that she really went above and beyond what I expected and delivered an epic story for her readers.

ARCHANGEL’S WAR is the twelfth book in the Guild Hunter series and I would definitely recommend reading this series in order. This book has multi
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To RomanceI received this book for free from Berkley Publishing Group in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Archangel's War is
Lady Heather
WOW! Just...WOW!

I finished this book at 4:30 this morning.
I Couldn't put it down.
Went sleep thinking about it, and got up with the story still racing through my head.

Full review to come. :)
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Well, thank god.
This book is a big improvement from the last one, lots of stuff happening, a big war on the horizon, new characters, battles, lots and lots.
Me likey.
Only thing that bothered me was the (view spoiler)

And another thank god is that the series is f
Maya
Aug 01, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I soooo need this book. I did pre-order it but waiting till the end of September might just be too much.

Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
3.5 S T A R S

Well, I think it's no secret that Raphael and Elena's books are my least favorite. Always have been and, sadly, I think they always will be. Lucky for me they are the main couple in this series🤩 (<-- This smiley means sarcasm).

I don't know what it is about them but I just never connected to them. Elena is too try hard in the badass department and Raphael is a bit of a prima ballerina. I also feel like it's a lot of just them and minimal interactions with secondary characters
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

3.5 Stars

Elena and Raphael have come a long way for me since we met them in the first book of this Psy-Changling series. I think I’m one of the few readers that actually liked all of the stories involving other characters more than the main couple. *Shhh* it’s my dirty little secret. But that all changed during Archangel’s Prophecy when Raph/>Review
Sophia
This book! Oh, the glorious feeling of awaiting a book for many months and not having it disappoint me even a little! I was in raptures over Archangel's War from the dizzy, effervescent deep love affair between an archangel and his Guild Hunter, to the reshaping of their lives and the devastating changes wrought by the Cascade, and into an unavoidable confrontation for the survival of their world against the archangel who, through darkness and evil, has ascended into the most powerful being aliv ...more
Carrie Ryan
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I've had the pleasure to read. Ever.
Perfect prose. Perfect action.
I don't tend to have my heart race anymore with action in movies or books...but this one? My pulse raced and I couldn't sleep after I finished it, as if my mind was still in the world and I needed to know what happens next.
Douglas Meeks
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book the last few have been leading up to and it did not disappoint for me but as some have mentioned it does kind of drag you through the mud for many pages before an ultimate ending that made me check to be sure the series had not just ended.

The world is headed towards war and nothing can stop it, there are battles and horrors but the majority of the Cadre of archangels are trying to prepare to stop an unstoppable enemy and sadly there are going to be casualties.
Shawna
4 solid stars - Paranormal/Urban Fantasy Romance

I don't know how Nalini Singh manages to keep delivering such complex, intricate stories in both this series and her Psy-Changeling series. I love Elena and Raphael, but I'm getting a bit tired of the battle heavy books. (view spoiler) took way too long, and I got bored with it. I've been eagerly hoping for and anticipating Illium's book, and I'm getting frustrated continually waiting
Goodreads Librari...: Please update page count 2 14 Oct 01, 2019 09:32AM
Vampires, Weres a...: New Release: Archangel's War 14 29 Sep 29, 2019 03:29PM

• Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • The Jaguar King (Weathermages of Mystral, #3)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire, #2)
  • First Comes Scandal (Rokesbys #4)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Return of the Scoundrel (The Worth Saga, #4)
  • The Unkindest Tide (October Daye, #13)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Shadow's Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #20)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
“If I am to be consort to the first archangel-Made,” Raphael continued, while she was still gaping at the idea of all that deadly power in her body, “I will undertake my duties with utmost solemnity. I’ll throw great balls and invite—” 4 likes
“Immortals don’t get heart attacks.” “Look closely. This is my not-laughing face.” 2 likes