Start by marking “Elemental Links: Steel and Magic Book 1” as Want to Read:
Elemental Links: Steel and Magic Book 1

Elemental Links: Steel and Magic Book 1

"Leon’s engrossing prose and skilled storytelling give an extra kick to this enthralling tale." – The Prairies Book Review.

“Take him and run.” The last words of Jake’s mother urged him to save his brother Louie. Jake and Louie get thrown into the outside world, where Jake learns his skill with a sword can save their lives, and Louie, gifted with elemental magic, soon lear
Published January 15th 2019 by M. A. Leon

To ask other readers questions about Elemental Links, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental Links

Start your review of Elemental Links: Steel and Magic Book 1
N.N. Light
The necroms are hunting adepts (people gifted with elemental magic) and will stop at nothing to capture Louie, a powerful adept. Brothers Jake and Louie manage to escape before the necroms slaughter their entire family. Jake vows to protect his brother and finds his strength with brandishing a sword keeps their enemies at bay. On the run, they meet Cassie. She opens their eyes to what’s really going on and why it’s so important to save as many adepts as possible. Jake and Louie learn what is at ...more
Catherine Franssens
Found this book in a little free library, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I can say I didn't expect it to be as good as it was - I thoroughly enjoyed this read. The book is fun and engaging throughout, but where it really shines is the characters, who remain distinct, well developed and true throughout the book. I happened upon the first book, but will be actively searching for the second.
Anca Antoci
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Links is a gripping fantasy in a medieval setting that follows the coming of age story of two Brothers: Jake and Louie. It starts amid a tragedy when dark forces slaughter the entire family to get to one of the boys.

We learn that Louie is an adept, meaning he can perform elemental magic.

“Changing elements from one natural form into another was one thing. Dirt to stone and water to ice, those were easy transformations that Louie had mastered years ago.”

The villains of this story are Nec
Mellie Miller
Apr 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I quite enjoyed this book. It had a good blend of tension and humor to keep it from getting too heavy. I look forward to reading the sequel.
T.S.
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Links follows two teen brothers’ quest to master their hidden powers and fight the evil that threaten to destroy their world. Louie, an adept: an individual gifted with elemental magic, is forced to flee his home with his brother Jake after dark forces destroy everything they hold dear and uproot their lives. The boys embark on a journey where they meet vicious enemies, magical creatures, and unexpected allies.

Louie is loyal and benevolent and he keeps others before him even as he fac
Sarah The
Apr 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
Elemental Links is a fun and quirky story that any fantasy fan will love! The characters are full of life and witty dialogue as they embark on a new adventure in the world of Elabrium. Once things started heating up (literal fire magic!) I could hardly put the book (well ebook to be specific) down!
Kyle
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elemental Links was a fun read and it's easy to recommend to anyone looking for their next fiction story.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series come out!
Dark
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Genre: Young Adult | Fiction | Fantasy | Historical Fiction

4 out of 5 stars!

Phenomenal characters and outstanding world building!

Jake and Louie really set the bar in this story, these two will completely warm your heart. Brothers thrown into an awful situation but that’s okay! These two can hold their own and nothing will get in the way of protecting each other. Two extremely strong and forever loyal young men!

Elemental Links is packed full of incredible characters. Each story needs to have thos
Rachel
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Absolutely amazing!!! This book is basically the epitome of everything I love about medieval fantasy. It has it all - sword fights, magic, danger, friendship, black wraiths, and powerful seraphs. The two main characters, Jake and Louie, are brothers who are fiercely devoted to each other. They both are trained by a wonderful mentor who prepares them for the dangerous adventure that lies ahead. The brothers meet many new people along their journey and constantly have to be cautious about who they ...more
Eilean Rawson
Sep 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book through Voarcious Readers. Fairly standard plot, two brothers, one who has the ability to use magic while the other is a superb fighter. When their parents are killed by weird ghoul like cteatures, the boys run for their lives. For the previous two years they had been mentored by an old man who sends them across the country to a Duke. They are to offer their services to him to fight the ghouls who prey on magic users and turn them into gouls too. Jake, the fighter, is determ ...more
Erin Gossman
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The turkeys lol. And they keep returning! I really liked the first chapter, it really hooked me, I don’t usually note that but I did for this book. I enjoyed the heck out of all of the characters, good & bad because they were well placed. Troy & Cassie are by far my favorites, though I quite enjoy Paul. And I relate to both the Brandon’s because of the shyness. So stinking familiar. Anyways, I can’t wait for Blood Ties.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from
Wendy Buchanan
Jul 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I recieved a free copy from voracious readers. Enjoyed the book. Will read more from this author
Lamar
Sally
Shannon Kroll
Michelle
Feb 11, 2019

• I Am King(book one, king series)
  • The Twins of Moon
  • Calypso
  • The Brotherhood (The Abbey #1)
  • Mrs. Jones (Adelaide Henson Mystery Series #1)
  • Go Ask Alice
  • Veronika Decides to Die
  • The Archer's Diary
  • Postscript
  • The Mysteries of Max: Books 7-9 (The Mysteries of Max Box Sets Book 3)
  • Genesis Rising: Book Two of the Glass Star Trilogy
  • The Die of Death (The Great Devil War, #2)
  • Reluctant Guardian (The Otherworld Guardians Book 1)
  • Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
  • White Night (The Dresden Files, #9)
  • Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files, #8)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • The Colours of Denial
Born and raised in Calgary, Canada, Melanie has been in love with the medieval fantasy all of her life. Dreams of magic, dragons, maidens, and knights have enthralled her since a young age.

Medieval literature university classes were among her favourites, as was art history from the medieval to the classical periods. Together, along with her excitement of reading anything written about the medieva

News & Interviews