Start by marking “Eye for Eye” as Want to Read:
Eye for Eye

Eye for Eye

(Talion #1)

When I first met Susie, she appeared to be a normal, happily-married woman dealing with tragedy. Then, I uncovered her secrets. While I could understand everything that she’d done, I could never approve. But, knowing what she was capable of, it became clear that if I was going to survive her, I had to play by her rules. And, the first and most important rule is… leave no s ...more
Published June 22nd 2019 by Talion Publishing (first published March 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Eye for Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye for Eye

Dita
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Holy cow, was this a tight, juicy thriller.

All I can say is that I sure hope I am never on J. K. Franco's bad side because he could disappear me and never leave a trace! This writer has done his due diligence in researching murder and it shows in this smart, well-crafted book.

I love the ethical question posed by this book. What is right and what is wrong when you've lost someone precious and the system you trusted fails you?

I highly recommend and I'm looking forward to the next one!

Samantha Gonsalves
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I really have nothing to say about this book that hasn't already been said! This one grips you from the get-go and you'll find yourself turning the pages regardless of the time & place you are at. Atleast this was the case with me. Dark, twisted and so so so compelling! So much so, I am still having trouble concentrating on my next book because I was so blown away by the sheer brilliance of Eye for Eye. Everytime I make an attempt to read a chapter in my new book, I find myself invariably th ...more
Liz Barnsley
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eye For Eye was the twistiest most absorbing tale I’ve read recently, an intelligent and completely compelling literary thriller that is devilishly plotted.
The concept gives a nod in the direction of “Strangers On A Train” but then goes off into multiple, equally fascinating directions with retribution as the underlying theme and a cast of characters that make the most unreliable of unreliable narrators look like bastions of truth.
Incredibly addictive and beautifully written, J K Franko weaves a
ReadandRated
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars from me

What is it they say about not judging a book by its cover... Well with a cover as striking as this one I couldn't help but be intrigued and Book 1 of the Talion Series - Eye for Eye by JK Franko did not disappoint.

Eye for Eye has it all from murder, mystery, clever cover ups and hidden secrets to police questioning, allegations of rape and many questions of morality along the way. The characters are well defined and relatable and the scene imagery is stunning, you'll see for yours
Mattie
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t want to give away any details, so you’ll have to trust me when I say that Eye for Eye is a must-read. The narrator asks the reader to consider whether revenge is justified in an age where justice is largely out of our hands. If the system fails us, what choice do we have?

I liked especially that Roy and Susie were relatable characters who behaved in a way I could see myself acting in their situation. Their love, fear, and anger are genuine and well-placed--on the surface, at least. I wond
Maranda
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
An eye for Eye is not a religions read. Instead it is a How to Commit a Murder without getting caught guide. This was a page turner except it was kind of creepy too. Two couples who have endured tragedy seek to even the score and achieve some revenge. "A copy of this book was provided by Cameron Publicity & Marketing Ltd via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion." GOOD AND CREEPY
Marianne
Apr 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Bozena
Mar 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I’ve received this book from @Netgalley for a honest review.

This book is told by a third person, who'll stay unknown until the end of this book.
I love to watch documentary reports on TV like True Crime or Medical Detectives. This book is written more like a documentary of a crime and less like a thriller.
The first 40% of the book is a narrative about the life of the protagonists, their fears, tragedies and above all, their insecurities. I have to admit, it was a bit boring at times 🤷🏻♀.
But aft
Amanda
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eye for Eye is one of the best suspense novels I've read in years. Relentless action paired with brilliant plotting made for a book I couldn't put down until I'd read every word! Franko included multiple twists that kept me on my toes throughout—and I pride myself on being able to predict what happens next in books like this! The characters ran the gamut from ones who I was rooting for to ones who I loved to hate, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the series so I can see where th ...more
Moondust Moth
DNF @ 25%.

The premise is interesting and the writing is intelligent, however I found myself bored with the characters. I don't feel anything for them. Yes, it's really terrible what's happened to them, and yes, I love the thought of exacting a punishment befitting the crime. The scheming is terrific. The opening chapter had me hooked, but now I just don't care.

Be warned, there are some serious Game of Thrones tv show spoilers 3% of the way into this book (season 6 and below). HUGE POTENTIALLY DE
Samantha
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My goodness what a tightly woven novel. It is Book 1 in the Talion Series and I cant wait to read the other two.

Full of hate, revenge and justice this thriller races along at breakneck speed in its desire to commit the perfect murder.

Full of twists and turns this propels the reader to the end but not the final conclusion.

Meticulously researched and scarily plausible I finished this novel in just a little over a day. I was hooked and although I needed to know the outcome I didn’t want it to end
Erika
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 stars.

This was definitely an entertaining book. It centered around 2 couples whose daughters had been wronged and the need for retribution. I thought the question of what to do in a situation like this was interesting but I was actually more entertained by the planning of the retribution. I also enjoyed the initial settings of Beaver Creek, a favorite ski hill, and Miami and Bimini. I agree with ano
Jennifer Collins
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Smart and twisting, Eye for Eye brings a refreshing style to suspense, and in a way that keeps readers guessing and surprised. At times, it's got the feel of a runaway train that you can't help holding onto, just to see what will come next, further down the track. At other times, it's got the sly wink of a trickster going for it, and voice and style take over in a way that allow a sort of sophisticated terror to creep in. Without a doubt, Franko has a talent for character that hinges on a welcom ...more
Raquel Cordon
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! A friend passed me an advance copy of Eye for Eye. New author, new series. I wasn't expecting much, though he told me it was really good. Wow! The book pulls you in immediately. The characters feel very real, very well-developed. But the best part is that the pace just builds, and builds (kind of like Gone Girl), and EVERYTHING COMES TOGETHER IN THE END!

There are major twists that you don't expect, and I consider myself pretty good at seeing through that kind of thing. Even the Epilo
Ricardo
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disclosure: I received an advance review copy from the author

Eye for Eye is a contemporary mystery thriller that is disturbingly hard to put down. It asks the reader some serious questions around justice, and more particularly: how far would you be able to go to avenge a loved one?

It's a question that went through my mind a few times in the past — out of sheer curiosity — but it took several more layers of depth and through Roy and Susie's fictional experience in this novel. The masterful charac
Cynthia Gurin
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eye for Eye by J.K.Franko

I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy. It’s not often that I find myself so engrossed in story that I’d rather pull an all-nighter than stop reading, and it’s absolutely unheard of for me to read the last sentence and shout out loud. But I did with this book. Riveting story. Flat-out brilliant plot. Can't wait for the next one in the series!
James
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
How to commit the perfect crime is a regular concern of protagonists in crime fiction, as is how to commit the perfect murder. At heart this is what forms the basis of the plot of Eye for Eye, J.K.Franko’s debut, and the first in a planned trilogy.

Roy Cruise is a successful financier, a former lawyer who now finds start-ups to invest in. He’s good at what he does and has become very successful. His wife Susie is a former television news journalist, turned advocate, warning people against textin
Book-Social
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“When I first met Susie, she appeared to be a normal, happily-married woman dealing with tragedy. Then, I uncovered her secrets. While I could understand everything that she’d done, I could never approve. But, knowing what she was capable of, it became clear that if I was going to survive her, I had to play by her rules. And, the first and most important rule is… leave no singing bones.”

The book gripped me from the start, and like a crocodile in a death roll, twisted and turned and never let me
Sid
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know how to begin to describe this book!! When I finished it one word that popped in my head was Masterpiece!! Well it can most certainly be described as a masterpiece in it's genre. The book is brilliantly written and the story is masterfully crafted. The characters are so brilliantly created, their backstory so brilliantly crafted that the pages just flow and before I realized it the book was finished!! And kudos to Mr Franko for such a brilliant story and the best part was that h ...more
BLONDE vs BOOKS
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime
Eye for Eye starts like a spooky campfire story, then as the plot thickens it reads like a crime novel. Filled with revengeful characters, the plot is unique and stirring with a spice of romance. The detective procedures are accurate and imagery is vivid throughout. I would recommend this book to any crime-novel fanatics (Father’s Day is right around the corner, people!) With that said, the formatting of the actual book was off (which could be because it was an advanced copy); there is an unnece ...more
Caroline Venables
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book, written in such an original way. I read the whole book in one sitting, I was that hooked.

The book concentrates on Roy and Suzie who are trying to rebuild their lives after their only daughter died in a car accident. It’s three years down the line and they are still coping day to day with their trauma. While on holiday they are propositioned by another couple, who’s daughter who has been raped by the son of a prominent senator. Naturally they feel justice wasn’t done.

This encount
JohnPepper
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is profound and excellently written! There are so many twists and turns in the story. You can tell that the writer has thought thoroughly to make everything fit in like 3-D puzzle pieces. While reading the whole story, my legs were tapping from the nervousness on the floor with every word read in the book. It targets many individuals with the emotion of the characters in the story. J.K Franko has done tremendous research to make the storyline credible. There are things that I learned ab ...more
Christina
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could kick myself!!

I knew that only book 1 is out and usually I wait until the second comes out ( especially if it's in the same year) but NO! Christina HAD to read it and now I'm sitting here staring into the void and wanting to kick myself.

This book was SO good! The details are amazing and it made so much fun! one twist after another and the ending is great.

Can't wait for Halloween 2019!
Virginia Winfield
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did not want to put this book down. I needed to know just how this murder or possible murder was going to happen. This was the first book I have read by J. K. Franco and it will not be my last. I can’t wait to see what happens in the second book in this series. This has a bit of thrills and a lot of mystery throughout. I received a copy of this book from Smith Publicity for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will.
Michelle
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very interesting read! The plot was quite unique. I kept questioning who's point of view it was. And I didn't find out until the very end. So it kept me quite intrigued.
Make sure you read the epilogue! You need to to get the answers. I have a feeling a few who gave lower ratings may of skipped it. I gave it 4 stars because I felt the first half went a little slow; however it was needed to make sense of everything.
Highly recommended!
Karolyn
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
This book was really quite intriguing and thoroughly enjoyable to read. Very descriptive and informative. Lots of research must have been done and then to have been written in such detail, amazing. It certainly held my attention. Quite looking forward to the next book out later this year. This book has a different story line and one I have not read before.
Paula Ruiz
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Picked this book up because of all of the great reviews, and I was not disappointed. A runaway train kind of a read. "Tight" was how one reviewer described it and I agree. Solid plot, all lines coming together, with characters that are super-believable. And some fantastic twists and surprises - completely unexpected! Can't wait for the rest of the series!
JKS Communications
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You will love this thriller, with relevant newsy angles and questions that really make you think? Who did it? Why did he/she do it?! Could I do something like that?
J.K. Franko's debut novel did not disappoint, and we cannot wait to see what else he cooks up!
Kathryn Notestine
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredibly memorable book. It's one of those books that makes you seriously question how you would handle the situation Franko presents. It's real and captivating, and it makes you continuously wondering what crazy thing these people are going to do next.
Ellen Whitfield
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sped through this one in a couple days because I couldn't wait to find out what happened! A little bit of noir feel mixed with Strangers on a Train and written in the style of literary fiction -- you've gotta get your hands on this book!
J.K. Franko was born and raised in Texas at a time when what he really wanted to do in life – writing and film – were not considered legitimate jobs. His Cuban-American parents believed there were only three acceptable career paths for a male child: doctor, lawyer, and architect.

After a disastrous first year of college pre-Med, he ended up getting a BA in philosophy (not acceptable), then he went