Start by marking “I Can Be A Better You” as Want to Read:
I Can Be A Better You

I Can Be A Better You

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  7,779 ratings  ·  1,437 reviews
When Fig Coxbury buys a house on West Barrett Street, it's not because she likes the neighborhood, or even because she likes the house. It's because everything she desires is next door: The husband, the child, and the life that belongs to someone else.
Paperback
Published 2019 (first published December 24th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about I Can Be A Better You, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Michal Lynn
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  7,779 ratings  ·  1,437 reviews

Colleen Hoover
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.
Just wow.
Is Tarryn a psychic because this book is a mirror image of my life. Word for word, I kept thinking, "Did I write this book?"
When I got about halfway through, it finally hit me. I DID write it. That's why I'm giving it five stars. Because I wrote it.
Not Tarryn.
Bad Mommy? More like bad friend.
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

Whew! I just finished 'Bad Mommy' last night and I'm still trying to process everything I read. This is one of those stories that will leave you questioning exactly WTF you just read. As much as I enjoyed this book - and I did enjoy it - I am so glad to have gotten off of that crazy train! One more hour in the mind of Fig Coxbury and I'm sure the craziness would've rubbed off on me.

As many others have pointed out, including Tarryn Fisher, th
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Holy Mother of Pearl! This book is off the rails! And I loved it!

I don't even know what to say about this book people!

Okay, lets just go for it.

So this crazy chic named, Fig (yes, Fig) moves in next door to Jolene, Darius and little girl, Mercy. Gah, I don't even. Okay so the book is written in three different POV's, which threw me for a loop. You have Fig telling her story in the beginning, then Darius and finally Jolene. There are some other characters involved and some that I didn't even th
Bibi
Unique. Intoxicating. Disturbing. Jaw-dropping. Authentic. Perfect.

There are few people who write as captivatingly as TF. Fewer who, with sparse but intoxicating words, draw you deep into the world and lives of their characters. There's not one thing I'd change about this book. It's a story that escalates in increments, with three POVs unraveling the truths and the lies. Lies dammit, and more lies. The reader becomes anxious, knowing things can't possibly end well. But for who and how?

This is t
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
3 Stars

That ending... I hope it was a joke.

I didn’t like this book. I mean, it was interesting but I didn’t like it.

It’s not the story. The story is great. Gripping and f*cked up, just the way I like it. I love Tarryn’s imagination. She’s a brilliant writer. I love her unconventional and unique stories and her multi-layered and complex characters.

But I felt like I was being told a story from three different perspectives without experiencing it with the characters. I didn’t relate to any of the
Crumb
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do you get when you put a sociopath, a psychopath, and a writer (that has some issues) all in the same story...
BAD MOMMY
A brilliantly dark novel

I know they say "don't judge a book by it's cover," but how many of us actually listen to this adage? I'll be the first to admit that I am not a fan of bland, ugly, or plain old boring covers. Specifically, I have never been attracted to this cover. In fact, I think it is straight up.. ugly. However, for a challenge I am participating in, I had to
Pearl Angeli
5 Tarryn-Fisher-Did-it-Again Stars!

(I've read this book together with my awesome sis Bea. Check her review by clicking her name. :))

"What a book." These were the first three words that came to mind while I was scouring my brain in an effort to find a fitting definition of what I had just read. I was honestly blown away, and I have to agree with every praise that the reviewers have given this book.

Tarryn Fisher has always been great when it comes to writing dark and twisted books. I was awed by h
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
4 Stars for Bad Mommy

Want a peek inside the mind of a psychopath or a sociopath? This is a book that does just that!

The book is told in 3 different (unreliable) POVs and I have to give Tarryn credit for truly making each POV/voice unique and giving us insight into each character while craftily adding pieces to the puzzle with each chapter that we didn't even realize were missing.

The twists & turns in this book are nothing short of a roller coaster ride. These characters are deeply flawe
Hulya Kara Yuksel
First of all, I must say that Tarryn Fisher is one of my favorite authors. I always love her wicked mind and sick sense of humor about love BUT no matter how I try, I didn't love this book, I didn't enjoy it at all. Don't get me wrong the blurb was very catchy but I didn't get into this story. :( And I respect to my friends who gave this book 5 stars, and I'll never, ever judge them for this but it seems I'm the main problem in here... Well, sometimes I'm being the jerk one! Sorry Tarryn! :-\

Bu
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
Wow. Wow. Wow.

Tarryn Fisher is officially now one of my favourite authors ever. I adore her books. This was absolutely freaking brilliant.It just got better and better as it rolled out. An author that loves to shock her readers. She's one exceptional talent.

This is a very clever book. You like twisted characters? Damaged goods? Messy people? Don't blink, get this book. It will suck you in and leave you gasping at the end. Bloody brilliantly plot!

Written in three parts, three perspectives. Each o
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

”I watched people, and then I wanted what they wanted. Does that make sense?”

description

Fans of Ms. Fisher prepare for a Single White Female type of story told in three parts and accompanying with one pov for each part. The first of Fig Coxbury who is completely coo coo and that of Jolene and Darius Avery the married couple Fig has been stalking. The story is a well-paced and one wild ride though I wouldn't consider it a romance it was a very thrilling story.

”If I had her life I’d do things dif
Melanie
Bad Mommy is a story that is broken down in three parts, each told by a different unreliable narrator, and will make you question everything, including how you perceive others. It is no secret that Tarryn Fisher is one of my favorite authors, and that Mud Vein is my favorite book of all time (minus Harry Potter, because, you know, it is Harry Potter). Yet, even though I've read her entire works, I don't think she ever comes as close as to the perfection that is Mud Vein, but Bad Mommy is for sur ...more
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

*Hangs head in shame* this has been sitting, glaring at me since I once clicked it in 2016 *Gasps* this year I'm going to read as many as my one click books as I can that are collecting dust on my ipad!!

BAD MOMMY: Is a standalone fucked up novel by Tarryn Fisher which can’t even be called a romance novel or such as really there was no romance to be had in this.
This is broken up into three segments/parts the first is Fig Coxbury’s POV <— Now this bitch here is cuckoo, like certifiable st
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

4.5 Stars

“Let’s not call Fig a stalker just yet. You just met her.”

I didn’t ask for a lot this Christmas . . . .

However, since life is unfair I didn’t get any of those things. Instead I got Bad Mommy released on Christmas Day rather than some time in 2017. And for that I say, Tarryn Fisher . . . .

Okay, so THIS is the Tarryn Fisher book I’ve been waiting for. If you follow my reviews, you know I’m a little obsessed with kind of a
Kendall
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, favorites
HOLY MIND BLOWN.......

What a disturbing, unique, dark, creepy, mind F***k!!

Damn.... this was my first novel that I was able to read from Tarryn Fisher and I'm left speechless.

Her writing is like chicken pox... it's contagious and you REALLY REALLY can't get enough of it. Oh my gosh there isn't anything that I would change about this book. This was fantastic!! Tarryn does an amazing job portraying the three characters Jolene, Fig, and Darius and the 3 different view points from each. I, at first
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3.5 stars!

"How can you love someone who, in their essence, was a miserable, destructive wretch? We love ourselves, don't we? We're obsessed with ourselves, in fact. No? What you hate you also value."

This is the second book I've read by Tarryn Fisher (if I don't include Never Never) and it was quite the thought provoking read!

Bad Mommy is the story of Fig, a woman who believes that the soul of her miscarried child is in the body of the daughter of Jolene. Fig begins to fixate on Jolene and
Claire Contreras
Well, shit.

With friends like these . . .

You'll just have to read it for yourself ;).
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
I see you getting things you don't deserve, living it up. It fucking sucks.
I deserve it more than you do. I could be a better you, that's what it boils down to.

#BadMommy #Pln4Life

#LIVE
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2hkWznG
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/2hedIfo
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2igjvCW

WOW! This book is f'd up!!! Find out what happens when your best friend wants your life. Get ready for a journey that is so messed up that it is hard to believe - complete shock and awe! Totally insane! And of course,
AleJandra
2 What a perfect fucking family STARS

"It’s just nicer to be crazy than to be unloved."
description

Este libro salvo mi vida. Estaba apunto de caer en un bloqueo culpa de fuckin Charley Davidson, pero este libro me rescato.

Leí este libro muy rápido, no me lo esperaba pero la historia lleva un ritmo que no te deja soltarlo.

La forma de escribir de Tarryn como siempre es muy buena, obscura, perturbadora, inclusive llega a incomodar.

“Humans are monogamous creatures. We stray when our happiness is threat
warhawke
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Villains :p
Genre: Fiction/Psychological Thriller
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Fig Coxbury wanted something she didn't have - the life if a woman with a beautiful child and a loving husband. Her fixation brought her next door as their new neighbor while she slowly wormed herself in.

Jolene and Darius Avery openly welcomed her into their circle. Glad to have new friend, they let her be part of their life until it became too much to handle and risked destroying everything they held dear
Carol
"I CAN BE A BETTER YOU."

My very first thought......Single White Female with just a touch of The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, but with its own crazy twists and an end line that will make you stop, take note and question it.

BAD MOMMY is a loony-tunes show of two super-sick and one easy-going character who spend a great deal of time together eating, drinking, texting....some even sexting while getting to know each other's idiocyncracies.

Fig Coxbury....that's her name....is "five layers of rotten"

Serena
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hop on the Bad Mommy Express

She's done it again. But this time with a new writing style and characters that felt so real that I now look for them while walking down the street. As soon as I finished, I immediately started reading the book again. You will want to pick up Bad Mommy ASAP. This book is unlike anything I've read. This is the story of a woman that wants the life of her best friend. It's realistic, raw and just plain creepy. The last chapter is one of the most powerful chapters I've e
Andie
Holy cow! This book is all kinds of messed up - in the best way possible. I have gobbled up each and every Tarryn Fisher book like there's no tomorrow because her writing is that good! But I have to say, Bad Mommy has taken it to a whole new level. It's captivating, it's disturbing, it's jaw dropping, and it's craziness like you wouldn't believe.

Trust me guys, you NEED to read this one! So go and one-click the shit out of Bad Mommy !
Beth Hudspeth
Diving into the mind of Tarryn Fisher. Holyyyyyyy shit. Seriously so good!

++++++++++

SYNOPSIS IS HERE!!!

"Almost every day is a very bad day when you’re twenty-seven, your tits are starting to sag, there are lines creeping in around your eyes, and you realize that no one would like you if they actually knew who you really were. Fig Coxbury is fed up with her life: her cheating ex-husband, the excess fat around her waist, and most of all, her loneliness.
When Fig chances upon Jolene Avery, the emb
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
“I’d always liked the idea of being doomed. Plus, dying gave you perspective, purpose. People told you you’re brave and believed it.”
- Fig Coxbury

* * *
“I felt lighter than I had in months. It was like the universe was opening up like a flower, paying me back for all of the suffering I’d endured. It was my time, and I wasn’t going to let anything stop me. Not George, and especially not myself.”
- Fig Coxbury

* * *
“Maybe having girlfriends was exactly what I needed. The tribe I’d been looking for.
Willow Aster
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mind. Blown.
Lisa
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-loved
I am still trying to think of what to say after reading this book Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher it was utterly TOXIC I loved every god damn minute, I wont go into a full summary lets just say the characters were so off the rails was like a train wreck Fig especially was delusional, manic & self absorbed I wanted to kill her with my bare hands.

Then we have Darius he was totally F***** up he totally wasn't the character I thought he was be totally had me gasping for air his wife Jolene was all ov
Jen
I so wanted to love this book, but I was left so confused during the story, that I was hoping by the end it would tie up loose ends and leave me feeling all of my questions were answered. Unfortunately, I was left scratching my head, and just not fulfilled. Even in saying that though, while I was reading this book, I would be lying to say that I wasn't glued to it wondering what would happen. I stayed up most of the night, but it wasn't because it was action packed. In fact, there were
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I had so many thoughts as I was reading this book and even after I took the time to process and reflect, the bottom line is that I'm still confused and unsure and dismayed by this book. By the end of this story, I was made to consider that there might be some truth to this storyline...was this a work of vengeance, a fictional story based on true events? And just how much truth, if any at all, is actually woven into these pages? Whether or not it's true, I struggled with how reliable the narrator ...more
Talon
Dec 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I'm being completely honest, I was bummed the whole first 30% of this book. I was. There. Are you happy to hear that? My most anticipated read of 2016 and crash...

The thing with Tarryn's book is this: I wait so long for them. I dream of them. I devour them in one day. I ignore everything and every one in site. I want her books to hit me where I need it most. When I don't even expect it. But at first, Bad Mommy didn't impact me like that. I was bored. I wasn't hooked. I didn't want tarnished h
Play Book Tag: Twisted Friendship 3 23 Oct 01, 2018 11:15AM
Maryse's Book Blo...: Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher *SPOILERS* 53 42 Jun 06, 2018 07:44AM
A Million More Pages: BOTM 2017 - Bad Mommy - Starts 9th September 30 43 Oct 04, 2017 01:31PM
  • Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • So Much More
  • Initium (The Nocte Trilogy, #2.5)
  • Trust in Me (Protector, #2)
  • Thou Shalt Not
  • Lilith
  • White Walls (Asylum, #2)
  • Floating, Brilliant, Gone
  • Bury Me
  • Burning Muses
  • Killing Matt Cooper
  • Lost in the Affair
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Wedding Hells (Parker Sisters #0.5)
  • Inbetween Days
  • Black Hearts (Sins Duet, #1)
  • Letters Written in White
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty wicke ...more
“You have to voice your thoughts so you can know you’re not the only one who’s fucked up.” 17 likes
“I wondered if someone who had fire in their soul would have smoke coming out of their mouth.” 12 likes