Start by marking “The Red Zone” as Want to Read:
The Red Zone

The Red Zone

New Sports Romance coming in Spring 2019!

They say the red zone is the hardest place to score.
But for me, those last twenty yards were my sweet spot.
They didn't call me Lukas "Last Minute Lucy" Callihan for nothing.
I was at the top of my game...until life sacked me harder than any linebacker ever could.
Losing my mom was devastating and left me as the sole person responsible
Expected publication: May 30th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Red Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Zone

Keri Loves Books
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m Calling Dibs!
An emotional, heart-warming second chance romance with all the feels. Grab the kleenex and get ready to shed a few tears. This one hits you right in the heart!

Lukas is back in his home town after ten years. After the sudden loss of his mother, he moved back home to care for his sister with special needs. It wasn’t a sacrifice, because loving Ella had always been nothing but pure joy. But parenting...well that was a whole other story.

Scarlett was Ella’s special education teacher.
Stacy Ross
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advance copy of the Red Zone by Amie Knight. It's a story about a football player and his french tutor and how they reconnect 10 years later after his mother passes away and he's left to care for his sister who has down syndrome. This book was special, we read a lot about Elle and her down syndrome and how she’s treated just like any normal child. She was raised with a lot of love and that was evident in the book. Everyone who met her immediately fell in love with her, from Luk’s t ...more
Kari Davis
The Red Zone is my first book by Amie Knight. Man this was a slow burn read that grabbed me and didn't let go. I couldn't put it down and the characters especially one hasn't left me mind. I adored it! This was one read that is gonna grab your heart and pull at those strings. Its a beautifully written second chance romance with some humor thrown in. But you might want to have some tissues nearby because there was a scene that about did me in.

Lukas and Scarlett met back in high school. He was th
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lukas Callihan is at the height of his career, playing his best game on the field, having major success in the post season. Then the unthinkable happens, he gets a call from home, his mother has passed, and it's up to him to step-up and become his sister's sole guardian. Which means he must give up his position with his current team, and request a trade to a lesser known team a little closer to home, so he can be there for his sister.

Which means he must return to a place that he hasn't been in
Nancy Reads
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THE RED ZONE is a sweet but sad second-chance romance. I've read all of Amie Knight's books and this one doesn't disappoint. Wonderful characters trying to do the best they can, with the cards life has dealt them. “I'm Calling Dibs” on this book.

Lukas Callihan was living his dream life. He was quarterback for a football team that was destined to make it to the super bowl. But life as he knew it was about to change drastically, with one phone call. His aunt called to tell him that his beloved mot
Charlene
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think every time I read a new book by Amie Knight, it becomes my new fave. The Red Zone is no exception. This story is emotional, sweet and laugh out loud funny...I felt like I was the one being swept off my feet!

Sharon Jones
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I am quite sure this is my first book by Amie Knight and I thought it was outstanding. What initially drew me towards the book is that I thought it was a sports romance novel as that is my favourite genre. Whilst it is that, is ends up by being so much more than this.
There is so much I loved about this book. From the storyline going from past to present, to the wonderful characters both major and minor that all added to the story. But what I l
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Can I just call dibs on this entire book? The Red Zone is guaranteed to hit you right in the feels with it’s perfect blending of sweet, sexy and emotion. Amie Knight did such a beautiful job in making each and every character in this book not just lovable, but so real you’d swear they could just pop right out of the pages and hang out with you. Where Lukas and Scarlett stole my heart with all the swoon, Ella stole my heart with just how adorable she is.
From her stubbornness to her sassy humor a
FunUndertheCovers
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Red Zone is emotional, sweet and laugh out loud funny...I feel like I was the one just swept off my feet!

Lukas and Scarlett met back in high school when he needed a French tutor. As their friendship developed, so did Scarlett’s crush on Luk. A goodbye kiss and he was gone to follow his dream of a football career. I loved the flashback scenes! Ten years later, after the crushing loss of his Mom, he comes home to look after his sister. As luck would have it, he discovers that Scarlett is his s
Cali Gals
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was the perfect fit for my rainy day afternoon. What a beautiful, sweet, and yes sexy romance book. So let me tell you a (little) bit about Mister Quarterback and Red. Not too much though cause I am a spoiler free kind of gal. Hee hee

This couple met in high school. He was a senior playing football. Can you guess the position? Haha. Anyway Scarlett (aka Red) winds up being Lukas’ (aka Mister Quarterback) French Tutor. This story flows beautifully back and forth in time. It gives a wond
Stephanie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was consumed by Lukas & Scarlett’s story and it really pulled on my heart strings! I was drawn in from the first page and couldn’t stop reading.

Lukas is new favorite book boyfriend! Sweet, lovable, and an amazing caretaker are just some of his redeeming qualities. I loved watching him learn & grow as he took care of his sister Ella.

Scarlett used to tutor Lukas when they were in high school. She wasn’t prepared for him coming back in her life.

I enjoyed Lukas & Scarlett together.
Konny
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Red Zone by Amie Knight is a full length, standalone novel, a unique story.
Lukas Callihan is a football athlete, on top of his world when in the blink of an eye everything changes. He becomes the sole guardian for his little sister, Ella.
He's slowly drowning in his grief and responsibilities and the only one who can help is Ella's beloved teacher, Scarlett.
Scarlett and Lukas are acquaintances and share a past. She loves to hate him, but their chemistry is through the roof high and they can't
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
At the pinnacle of his professional football career, Lukas gets devastating news that causes him to return home and play for a lesser team. With his mom gone he is now in charge of taking care of his special needs sister Ella. Coming home is not as bad a s he thought when he crosses paths with Scarlett, the geeky teenager who tutored him in HS. But she is no longer geeky, she is his sister's teacher. Can feeling from his youth be revitalized? Or will Scarlett keep everything professional? With b ...more
Megan
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was fantastic per Amie's usual. It's told in a combination of present-day chapters and a series of flashbacks, and I appreciated being there for the scenes that happened ten years ago versus the characters just alluding to them or thinking about them. I really enjoyed the plot and the characters, and the whole thing was just a perfect mix of my favorite book elements. There were parts that were touching. There were parts WITH touching (waggles brows). There were parts with dry humor. There ...more
Jaime Reynolds
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have so many emotions swirling right now that I don’t know where to begin. This story is raw, emotional and very relatable in so many ways. I love a sports romance and Amie took it to a whole new level. From the characters to the storyline I was emotionally invested from the first page until the very end. Warning...you will have a major hangover after reading this amazing story. I’m calling dibs on Lukas!!!
Jamie
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Skittles and Ella are my favorite part of the book. Ella is adorable and she is sure to win you over with her personality. Lukas & Scarlett meet in high school when Scarlet tutors Lukas in French the language of love they say. Both go there separate ways until Lukas returns home after many years. Lukas just may make it to the red zone and win back his Red lady. I enjoyed this second chance romance for the most part. I hope we get oliver 's book .
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
↪ R E V I E W ↩
This is not my first read by the author but a first official review for sure!! The blurb is what caught my attention, along with the cover plus I have read her books before and remembered her writing style.
This was one of the sweetest reads!!

FOR THE FULL REVIEW & MORE -> CLICK HERE
Heather andrews
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Luk is the gentlemanly sort, “because this is a date, Red. And when I take a girl I like on a date, I hold her hand.” Luk doesn't really have a lot of patience, “but if we don’t leave soon, I’m going to have to throw you down on this candy table and have my way with you here.” I liked this book, I loved Luk.
Heidi Dickinson
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! It had it all-a swoony football player, second chance, a small town, it was perfect!! Lukas and Scarlett were perfect together! I’m going to keep this short and sweet to leave all of the surprises for you to find-and just say this is a must read-run and one click this-you will not regret it!!
Happily Mary After
Shelves: 2019-may
Sweet, Sexy and so much heart. Full rec on Frolic to follow soon.
Diane plourde
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Once this story hit my kindle , I jumped on it right away and trust me it didn’t let me go until I read the very last page. This 6 star story made me feel so many emotions. I have an Ella in my life, my godchild. She is special.

Lukas had to make some major adjustments in his life in order to include his special someone. He would do anything for her. Everything he does, he questions himself if he’s doing right by her. Scarlett is a blast from his past that will help him cope and make him realize
Amie Knight
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ira