Start by marking “Scary Hot (Happily Ever Alpha World)” as Want to Read:
Scary Hot (Happily Ever Alpha World)

Scary Hot

(Kindle Worlds: Happily Ever Alpha)

Z and Kayan's happily ever after.
Aurora Rose Reynolds's Happily Ever Alpha World.

Alpha former-military biker.
Quirky office manager of a vet clinic.
When their best friends meet and have a whirlwind romance, they get swept up in it and have a hot tryst of their own.
It leads to a surprise pregnancy—and a soul-deep connection—neither see coming.
Published by Boom Factory Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Scary Hot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scary Hot

XxTainaxX
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I first met Z and Kayan in Until July, I thought I knew where their story was headed but when Ms. Robichaux got ahold of it, she really took it to a whole other level. I love that while we get the alpha, possessive males we’ve come to love from the ARR world, we still get something that is very much in the author’s own voice and style. The scenes that crossed between stories were incorporated seamlessly. Quite impressive actually.

”There’s no man more deserving than you, Z.”

Z and Kayan
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"What's with all these bossy-ass bikers?" I mumble to myself. "They think they can just roll up on their sexy motorcycles, in their sexy leather cuts, and be like, 'You, woman. Mine!' and we'll be all swoony and shit and just agree."

Is that a serious question? Because...hell yes! All it took was a peek at this badass book cover to have me swooning. I was there before the first 'Mine!'. I have to tell you, I loved this story so hard I seriously started reading slower to keep from finishing it.

I
Fiona Fog
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off this is a new author for me! And she's now on my one click list.

I always wondered about July's best friend Kayan when I first met her in Wes & Julys story. Well now I don't have to her story delivered. In every way.

Kayan tends to act without thought sometimes, unfortunately for July she tends to get roped into her crazy ass ideas. But thats what best friends are for right, to be there every step of the way.

When Kayan first meets Z she's decked out in a skintight catsuit at a countr
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

K.D. Robichaux wrote THE story I've wanted since we met them in Until July. Kayan and Z were the two background characters that had me captivated and totally invested in their story and I prayed hard that whoever got their story did it justice and did it right.

Well kudos to this new to me author because she totally kicked ass with their book and made me fall even more in love (totally possible!) with our sweet Kayan and the over the top, swoony alpha-biker Z.

Steamy. Suspenseful. Sexy. Sw
This book was just as amazing as I knew it would be!!!!! This novella is not only part of the Club Alias series, but also part of Aurora Rose Reynolds Happily Ever Alpha World, and ties in with Until July, but is told from the point of view of Kayan and Z. Don't get me wrong, it's a stand alone, and you don't have to have read Until July first to keep up, but some of the events are the same in both books, just told from a different POV. I've read both, and it isn't like re-reading the same story ...more
Erika Wilkinson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you know those restaurant apps that you can customize your meal? I love those apps because I’m very picky when it comes to food and I like it a certain way. When it comes to K.D.’s books, you can really have it your way. Scary Hot was not only scary, it was…..spicy as well. (omg, I swear I’m not hungry with all these food references) Let me explain. If I was to customize a romance meal, I’d want a big strong man. Click. A feisty lady who can hold her own against the strong man. Click. Hot and ...more
Heather Miller
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I did read Scary Hot as a stand-alone. I haven’t read Wes and July’s story and I may need too!

Kayan is a kitten! Z always calls her a kitten! She is sweet and sassy, all wrapped into a small 5’2” small lady. She is a business office manager at a local vet clinic her bestie - July runs. July and Kayan like to go on ‘adventures’ as they call them. The girls get themselves into trouble but Z and Wes are there to save their girls.

Kayan is a bit wayward to give into her feelings for Z as she isn’t
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A spin-off book (Until July, Aurora Rose Reynolds) for the Happily Ever Alpha world, Scary Hot features Kayan and Z.   Kayan, best friend of July, meets Z when July and she got 'undercover' to find who it is that is leaving badly injured dogs on their Veterinary doorstep at night.

This is a good read with a good bit of action and some sexy scenes, though  I was a little disappointed that the Club Alias scene was a fade to black.   There is a good bit of action involving traffickers and dog figh
Deb
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Who doesn't like a biker story? Buffed biker and a spitfire woman! There was an instant attraction across a room (and for good reason)! Z and Kayan's meeting grabbed my attention as well! I enjoyed their banter and their "getting to know you"! I really enjoyed their friends, Wes & July, but I really connect with intuitive Louisa! Oh! I could go for a good taco about now! I also appreciated how the author touched on a very real problem in the US and worldwide.
My only regret to "Scary Hot" wa
Stacy Herrin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from the first chapter. The crazy hot alpha Z was to die for. Kayan was quite the firecracker. The push and pull between them had me wanting to push Kayan aside & get with Z myself. I'm glad they both got their happily ever after. Kayla did a great job with this book. I was happy to see some characters from her other books & learn a bit more about them. I will be putting this book on my re-read list for sure!!
Amy  Jenkins
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sooo much better than I expected! Kayla never disappoints. Kayan is just what Z needed. Her sassiness and smart mouthed ways keeps him on his toes. From beginning to end this book hooks you in and in a good way!
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been wanting Kayan & Z’s book since I first read Until July. I was a bit worried that since it wasn’t Aurora writing their book that something would leave me feeling like it was lacking, but Kayla did a FANTASTIC job!
I was so drawn into their story from the moment I started reading! She told their story perfectly. I loved seeing them find their boom and seeing how she answered all my questions that I had from Until July!
Z was so unexpectedly sweet that there were moments that brought
Laundry
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think it's safe to say I have an unhealthy obsession with the Happily Ever Alpha World that Aurora Rose Reynolds has unleashed on us. A year ago, these incredible novellas helped me jump start the birth of my blog. Now, a year later, there are 16 more of them to get all hot and bothered over. The first I received of the bunch is by the scary talented (see what I did there? lol) KD Robichaux. Scary Hot was everything you've been dreaming of for Z and Kayan's story. Scratch that. It's everything ...more
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this super short story. The story has naughty fun, passion, and hot steamy love.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading them first if you want the full stories of the Until series by Aurora Rose Reynolds as these novellas take place in the same series:
Until November (Until, #1)
Until Trevor (Until, #2)
Until Lilly (Until, #3)
Until Nico (Until, #4)
Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
Until Ashlyn (Un
Natalie Rhodes
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited to read this book for my blog. I loved these two characters from Until July and the fact that Kayla was writing their story made it this story even more amazing!!

I was hooked on this story from the first page. These characters had so much chemistry. It’s like I couldn’t get enough! If that’s even possible! I loved learning about Z, who he was and where he came from. His story is an amazing one and no wonder he turned out to be the man he is!! And, kitten aka Kayan...loved her
Michelle
Oh, boy!! Scary Hot delivered all the feel goods with an attention-grabbing story line filled with some yummy spicy moments, bunches of hot swoony moments, and several laugh-out-loud moments. I didn't stop once I got started!! This little novella sure packed in a bunch of goodness!

I simply adored how Kayan was such a delightful mix of shy/sweet and strong/sassy - but in a charming way, not in a ott annoying way. She was so much fun!

And Z!? Omgoodness that man....he stole my heart. I so desperate
Franci Neill
Shelves: kd-robichaux
5 Imperfect Love Stars!!!

We finally get Kayan and Z’s story and I for one am sitting here with a HUGE smile on my face!! This book is sexy, steamy, engaging, with some laugh out loud moments that is perfectly written by Ms. Robichaux.

Our H/h are ON FIRE!! There’s a connection between these two that just oozes off the page and had me fanning myself with their heat. I loved how Kayan is the perfect match for this man and biker but for all his fierce looking outside, he’s so caring and thoughtfu
Vanna
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOD!!! From the moment I met Z and Kayan in Until July I have always wanted to know their story, and K.D. Robichaux absolutely did them justice in "Scary Hot"!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! Like the whole Until Series...once you get started with "Scary Hot" you will not be able to stop. I don't want to giveaway any spoilers but I never thought in a million years that it was Kayan who shot Z and July had to patch him up!! Ahhhhh!!! I was completely blown away! Also, K.D. Robichaux...girl you have ...more
Sassy Southern
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy and excited that Kayla wrote about Kayan and Z!!! If anyone could do them as much justice besides the queen of the book they first come from Of Until July by Aurora Rose Reynolds it would be Kayla!!! And every since I first met these two I wanted more from them and I'm so glad I got it!!! And buddy did Kayla bring them. It was sexy,sweet,hot and kinky!!! I loved how she was able to mixed Aurora's Until world with her Club Alias world!! It's always nice to see old characters again. ...more
Tina Morgan
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

I have wanted to read Kayan and Z's story since they were introduced in Until July, and KD Robichaux did not disappoint! This was everything I wanted it to be and more, absolutely perfect! Z and Kayan are brought together by their mutual best friends. The moment Z sees Kayan, he knows that she was meant to be his, but can he keep her out of trouble long enough for them to explore a relationship. Kayan does her best to keep him at arms length, but who is she kidding, s
Heather Packer
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a spin off from an Aurora Rose Reynolds series that I haven't read. I'm told it can be read stand alone so that's what I did!
I would say it worked as a stand alone. I didn't feel like there was lots of info missing or like it went over everything 50 times, there was a good balance.
Z is Scary Hot and hes awesome! I like my heros as big scary bikers so that works for me lol I loved his story as it came out throughout the book and his take on life was great. There was one moment he talked
Jennifer Smith
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I saw I got my arc I ran to my kindle app. Been looking forward to this forever and when I found out kayla was writing it. #BOOM 😉😉 knew it was gonna be epic.
Finished it in like a hour and a half, couldn't stop. I wanted and need more. It flowed so well and they are now my favorite couple EVER!! Get ready cause Z and kayan will have you laughing, crying and begging for new panties.
Stacia Gjerde
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Scary Hot is the perfect name for KD Robichaux's newest release! I loved each and every word in this book! I'm a huge sucker for an alpha hero and love a sassy heroine even more! KD does not disappoint! Love, love, loved this book!
Gail
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely loved Z and Kayan in Until July, but when I found that the one and only KD Robichaux was going to be the one giving us there story... I freaked out.. I absolutely love Kayla's writing.. so I knew this would be epic!!
Z is friends with Wes from Until July. Z is also in a MC, and a former Military man.. so he has it all going on... All that goodness wrapped in that 6'5"+ frame.. Let me tell ya.. that man is DELICIOUS!
Kayan is the BF and office manager for July at her Vet office.. She
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Z and Kayan meet its like instant fireworks, but when Kayan says he's "scary hot" I busted out laughing. Nothing better than reading the hi jinks of Kayan and July but also adding in the hotness that is Z and Wes. But nothing is hotter than a biker falling to his knees. Aww! Loved it!
Sue
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scary Hot starts with a bang! I read this as a stand alone and want to go back and read Until July for sure! As always, I devoured this book by Kayla in one sitting. I loved it.
Messy Bun Book Blog
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!

As a huge fan of Until July by Aurora Rose Reynolds, I have been waiting for Kayan and Z's story FOREVER! When I found out that KD Robichaux would be the author writing their story for the Happily Ever Alpha World series I was ecstatic!

This story can be read as a standalone! But if you are a fan of the Until Series or the Club Alias series you get to see old friends that you love and adore.

This book is everything I needed it to be! Z is the perfect Alpha to Kayan's crazy. The storylin
SKA Books
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!! Loved the characters!
Athena Stephenson
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just love KD Robichaux’s writing! She has a little bit of everything in all of her storylines. Kayan and Z had me laughing through their witty banter and sassy back and forth arguments! They were sweet and sexy with a dash of badass! Her hero’s are always sexy alphas and protective but big old teddy bears inside, and her heroines are sassy, sexy and able to hold their own! This was a sweet quick read and I loved it!
« previous 1 3 next »

Kindle Worlds: Happily Ever Alpha (1 - 10 of 34 books)
  • Until Susan (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until You're Mine (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Until More (More, #9)
  • Until Nox (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle Worlds / Hyde Series Book 3)
  • Until We Meet Again
  • Until Avery
  • Until Arsen (Daniels Family, #1)
  • Until Leo
  • Until The Summer (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle World)
  • Until Kayla