Start by marking “THE CURSE: A DYSTOPIAN THRILLER” as Want to Read:
THE CURSE: A DYSTOPIAN THRILLER

THE CURSE: A DYSTOPIAN THRILLER

Through peace, it’s justice we seek!
The hunter will meet the fate of the hunted
And the mighty will serve the meek!

Twenty years ago, a corrupt President, a greedy industrialist, and a sycophant policeman uprooted the tribal people from their own land and burned their houses. Twenty years later, the Republic of Bodh is in danger from a similar evil troika.

The curse uttered
Kindle Edition
Published January 10th 2019

Start your review of THE CURSE: A DYSTOPIAN THRILLER
Vishnu Chevli
I found the details about this book in the mail by TheBookClub. They were conducting book tour for "The Curse - A Dystopian Thriller" by Randeep Wadehra, and that made me check the book in depth. Well, I didn't find many reviews as the book was recently released, but the description was eye-catching. Though genre, dystopia, and blurb were looking out of sync, I decided to take a chance. And finally, here I am discussing it. (Though I am 1-2 weeks late by the schedule, I think it's better late ...more
Shalini | Muffytales
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Through peace, it’s justice we seek! The hunter will meet the fate of the hunted and the mighty will serve the meek!”

Okay, now that became my slogan for days while I was reading the book. This is 'the Curse' that looms over the fictional Kingdom of Bodh where Chaupat is the President and his wife Kaamini rules on his behalf. She is the one behind his strategies and political campaigns and Yodha is the righthand man. Daulat is kind of an accomplice or one can say, Minister of the kingdom, who
Navjyot
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Thriller
As soon as you start your journey with the first page, the novel gets you going with the flow through a number of chapters accordingly set by the author, he knows what and where to put.
" A novel full of handy quotes" can be said as the author puts his life experience, giving birth to life in words and story narrated.
The overall plot is quite good with good Suspense, Love, Soliloquy, existential crisis of an individual placed in intense space with good sarcasm, messages.
While a keen observation
DALIP
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There Is Absolutely No Doubt In My Mind Whatsoever That Author RANDEEP WADEHRA’s Maiden Full Length Novel Is Indeed Is A 5 Star Read That Keeps You Engrossed And Gripped To The Plot Right From The Very Start Till The Very Last Page.
Absolutely No Room For A Single Dull Moment Or The Readers Attention To Waiver From The Plot Once You Start Turning The Pages And Find Yourself Drowning Into It Rapidly.
The Curse Is Full Of Intrigue And Keeps The Reader On The Edge Of The Seat As It’s Hard To Predict
A.
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Curse is a fast-paced, political thriller with a detailed outlook of politics, politicians and their life.

This is the first time I have read author Randeep Wadehra's work and I must say, I loved reading his book. His detailed description, choice of names of characters which matches their personalities is definitely a highlight of this book.

The book has all the required mix of a political blockbuster and, in right proportions. Though the language used is a bit of heavy-duty, the flawless
Geeta Nair
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A brilliant political thriller, Randeep Wadehra’s ‘The Curse’ draws the reader in one, into its web right from the word ‘Go!’ and has the power to ignite the imagination and potential to make him/ her aware of the dangers of a totalitarian government.

Packed with quite a punch, the book revolves around the fictional Kingdom of Bodh and it’s political atmosphere. Somewhere down the line, it makes one wonder whether it is a fictional kingdom we are reading of, or is the story set in a real country.
Rubina
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
When I think of a political thriller, I always envisage something like The Perfect Assassin by Ward Larsen or Books by Tom Clancy. But then they don't fit into our Desi model. That downright corruption - that rotting of roots that is slowly spreading across our nation and we the people of India are but silent spectators. This is exactly the raw nerve that Randeep Wadehra's book, The Curse, has caught on.

It's a story of revenge, of extramarital affairs, of imbecile ministers and of the Jwala
D.R. Downer
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't like the book. In fact, I had already started to regret my decision of agreeing to review it by the 5th page and was about to give up and return it.

But, then I thought of the reason why I had picked it up on the first instance. It was the credentials of the author, Randeep Wadhera, and his vast experience- as a journalist, a multi-published writer, and a poet- spanning well over two decades. I realized a person of his stature definitely would not write a book that read like a
Kavita
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'The Curses' is an enthralling political thriller by author Randeep Wadehra.
I have not read much of this genre but I picked this one up as I was very intrigued tby the title and the cover.
The cover is a very vivid imagery of what we can expect from the story and the Right at the beginning of the story it becomes clear as to the nature of the title.

The story is a heady mix of so many emotions and elements Revenge being the underlying element throughout the story. It very vividly describes how
Sunita Saldhana
This is the first time I have read a book by Randeep Wadhera.
As one reads, one can feel the pain and anger of someone who loves his country and can’t really do anything about it. And this is exactly why writers write. We write because our pen (or the PC nowadays) helps stem that helpless feeling. We are not “not doing” anything about it. We are writing about it. We are sharing our thoughts with others and hopefully it will reach those people who can do something about it.
Wadhera has a way of
The Book Club Reviews
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Curse - A Dystopian Thriller is a fast-paced, typical political story with the usual formula of politics, sex, deceit, corruption, revenge, and money, not to forget suspense and mystery.

This is the first time I have read Author Randeep Wadehra’s work and I definitely loved reading it. Though the language used is little on the high end, I did refer to dictionary many times for meaning of some words but the book is definitely worth a read.

The characters are well-etched but a little complex,
Yuva Ranjini
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Revolution is all about good and evil. And the real game is blurring the line between the two. Stake your beliefs high to achieve the demand. When we look back the history of political revolution the blood lust for power and money would eventually point the anachronisms of religion and political ideologies due to the greedy and corrupt politics.

The best tool to direct the major counts in the right path. The manipulations and exploitations remain intact since forever. I like this book how it
Dhawal Joshi
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Read more reviews on www.dhawaljoshi.in

Looking at the cover and checking out the blurb I felt there would be a tinge of fantasy or sci-fi element to it. You can say maybe I just connected the title too much with the current gen FantaSci reads. But as I continued reading it was more of a political thriller than anything else.

The story begins in a very mysterious ways and created a curious vibe in me. I thought this would be interesting point in the story as I move on further. But to me it turned
AANVI WRITES
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
let's start with the title which is unusual and mysterious. It gives the reader a hint of the thrilling journey they are about to have ahead reading the book. The characters are well planned and interestingly named to compliment their nature. The uniqueness in the writing style of the author keeps the reader glued to the book. The plot is gripping. The language is very good and well edited.
what I liked?
The beautiful poetic writing style.
The rivetting storyline.
The description of the imaginary
Swapna Peri
Book Title: The Curse: A Dystopian Thriller
Author: Randeep Wadehra
Format: Kindle Edition

Book Title:
The title of the book is ‘The Curse: A Dystopian Thriller’ is mysterious and intriguing.

Book Cover:
The cover of the book is a painting of the houses getting burnt and people seeking for help. This creates a huge interest in the reader before reading.

Plot:
The curse is a thrilling story between innocent people and greedy powerful men. Just to gain power over the land of the innocent people, the trio
Arpan Ghosh
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Name – The Curse: A Dystopian Thriller (Kindle Edition)
Author Name – Randeep Wadehra
Pages – 165
Language – English
Publication Date – 10 Jan 2019

Title :- The title is so interesting. “Curse” means a supernatural detriment or a vulgar epithet or a prayer that harm may befall someone. After analysing the meaning of the title I was so much excited to read the story. The title sounds so cool that it can bring readers easily.

Cover :- The cover is designed very well. In cover, there are human
Sapthagiri
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Standard!

Intention of the plot is good. The style of narration will be liked by those who just have started reading novels.
Vipul Chemburkar
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting!!

Couldn't put the book down the moment I started reading it ...
The hope for the better future in a very realistic Republic.... makes the reader relate to the character
Ramesh V
Mar 03, 2019
Bhavna Jhaveri
Aug 15, 2019
Madhukiran
rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2019

• Ghoomophiro: Travel Bringing Families Together
  • Ganesha: An Afro-Asian story
  • It's Your Damn Story
  • Police Surgeon: A New Exotic Thriller with a Killer Twist
Randeep Wadehra is a writer, independent columnist and editor. He has authored poetry books, novels and short stories anthology. AIR Chandigarh and AIR World Service have broadcast his radio scripts. A wide range of leading electronic and print media have published his lead stories, new analysis and op-ed articles. He is a blogger too.

Rendezvous In Cyberia & Other Stories is his latest