Start by marking “In Safe Hands” as Want to Read:
In Safe Hands

In Safe Hands

Former helicopter pilot Maverick Delgardo’s injuries ended his Air Force career, leaving him bitter and one drink away from becoming an alcoholic. When his sister asks for his help on a private protection case to babysit a disgraced pop star, Mav reluctantly agrees.

Deacon Daniels, onetime lead singer and idol to his teenage fans, saw his career and reputation ruined when a
Published March 19th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about In Safe Hands, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Safe Hands

Judith
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m, mystery-crime
3.5

An enjoyable story with just the right balance of romance and mystery.

It's seven months since Maverick's world imploded.His Air Force career ended in the worst way leaving him with physical and emotional scares.His only comfort is too lose himself in drink and by his own admission he's having one long pity party....

When his sister asks for his help with a private protection case it's the last thing he wants but he finds himself in a position where he can't say no.

Enter Deacon....
As the lead s
Wendy

I love Victoria Sue's books and all the worlds she has created so far. It's a bit like magic ;)  So naturally, I jumped on the chance to read this one. The blurb also sounded like it was right up my alley and thankfully I was right (which shouldn't be a shock).

thats what im talkin bout gif - Google zoeken

Now before I start my review, I would like to give some credit to Jay Aheer for the awesome cover !! Freaking beautiful, if I say so myself.

Maverick Delgardo is a soldier brought down by the injuries he sustained in his last fight. H

Jewel
DNF 35%

This isn't working for me at all, unfortunately. So much telling, not enough showing, I was having trouble really feeling the emotions. Also, the dialog was somewhat stilted. So, I'm putting a pin in this one. No rating.
Joyfully Jay
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

In Safe Hands is a fast paced action thriller that kept me guessing to the very end. With an alternating point of view, as well as occasional forays into the mind of the killer, this novel allows the reader to delve deeply into the minds of Deacon and Mav and how they both have coped with life altering tragedies from their pasts. Wounded, scarred both figuratively and emotionally, Deacon and Mav find solace in each other despite the fact that imminent danger has
Christy
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, m-m, on-my-kindle
4.5 Stars ~ There are many different tropes that I enjoy and Victoria Sue has hit on one of them with ‘In Safe Hands’ – ex-military man, damaged both physically and emotionally, former rock star brought down low through no fault of his own, and a murderous stalker intent on killing the rocker for a perceived injustice. Maverick caught my attention immediately. He was a helicopter pilot in the Air Force but suffered an accident which ended the lives of his whole team while losing a leg and suffer ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
Not quite 4 stars, but better than 3.5

I borrowed this one, but I can definitely see myself buying it once I have more money (and maybe if the price comes down just a little bit).
Barb ~rede-2-read~
There’s so much to enjoy each time I pick up a book by Victoria Sue—depth of character, complexity of story, amazing secondary characters, and a well-planned plot, usually with lots of mystery and drama. This book did not disappoint.

Mav Delgardo can’t seem to come to terms with the loss of his foot and consequently the loss of his career as a USAF helicopter pilot. Wallowing in a bottle, sleeping in his sister’s spare room, it’s not until she needs his help to guard a former musician that he ma
Kazza
This was one busy story. The shit that kept hitting the fan could have been toned down, it really should have been pared back.

(view spoiler)
Nicole
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read!

Mav was such a lovable character, and the mystery was interesting and little Molly was cute~

Jenny Wood
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, the suspense and angst in this one was enough to give me a few more gray hairs.
Maverick Delgardo is retired from the Air Force after an accident left him unfit for duty. An amputee and disfigured from the fire, when we meet him, he’s still not coping, sleeping on his sister’s couch and drinking til he forgets all he lost… which was more than just his leg.

Deacon Daniel’s used to be a heartthrob lead singer, but all that went to dirt when a bad manager, a scandal and his mother got involved
Jess A Jaye
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
In Safe Hands is a full on romantic suspense. What I love about romantic suspense novels, and In Safe Hands is no different, is that they hit you with so many different emotions from so many directions. You've got the squishy feels as they go through the will they/won't they, falling in love part as well as the "oh my god what's gonna happen to my favourite character?" sense of peril.
Maverick and Deacon are both in different ways broken. So much as happened in their lives by the time they meet
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-1/2-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

I honestly believe Jay Aheer is incapable of creating a cover that is less-than visually stunning. The cover composition is as exciting as the plot. While I’ve promoted Victoria Sue a time or two, this is the first of her books I’ve read and reviewed.

POV ~> Third-person

Mav served in the Air Force until a suicide bomber took several lives and left him medically discharged. Since the incident, he’s done nothing more than wallow in self-pity over being an amp
Ariel
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, reviewed, romance
I really enjoyed this! There was a great balance of mystery/suspense and romance that kept me turning the pages until I was done. I really loved the 2 MCs and the title of this book perfectly describes both of them and their needs rather than just one of them.

If you’re looking for a tender relationship along with a suspenseful plot then I recommend checking out this book!

4 STARS
Claudia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One more thrilling awesome book from Victoria!!!

Maverick and Deacon story will keep you glued to this great book from page 1.

After a war wound end his pilot career, Mav is in a real dark and low place in his life... That's when Deacon shows up needing help... and as it happens, Mav is his best chance to stay alive and to find out who's threatening all he holds dear...

This is an awesome and thrilling book - don't miss it!
Becca
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah, what a book! I could not put this book down. It is a complete page turner. I didn't know whether to bite my nails, pull my hair, or what! Such a thriller. And the characters are so amazing. Each having their own issues that would normally send some people screaming. But for me, they were endearing. They've been beaten, broken, and they are holding on by their toenails it seems, but they're strong, courageous, and fierce. Even when they don't feel like it. They're fighters.
One drink more and
Under the Covers Book Blog

I was excited to read this book because the blurb caught my eye.  Washed up pop star + disabled veteran, it was bound to be an interesting read.  I admit that this had parts that kept me interested and wanting to read more, but ultimately the execution was not my favorite.Deacon was the lead singer for a band and they found quick fame but also it
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Divine Magazine, I was gifted my copy of this book.

Mav is. . . .broken, and thinks fixing things is downing a bottle of Jack. Crashing on his sister's sofa isn't doing him or her any favours. When Jamie calls him out to do something for her, Mav really has to dig deep to get out of his stupor. Meeting the new client, however, does wonders. Deacon needs some help. After a scandal last year left him penniless, he can't afford to pay for the protection he needs. someone is
Kristina
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story was so good. A mix between Military/Air Force trope and disability/bodyguard trope, all mixed in with fantastic characters and a mystery that threw me for a loop when I discovered who the bad guy was!

I loved Mav; he had such a hard time with his recovery with the injuries he received while in the Air Force. While he might’ve not been physically where he used to be, he was still strong, and mentally, he was deep in the depression that was so crippling that at times he felt done. I hav
Cee Brown
.•★*) .•*)
(.★*..•`★¤4.5 in safe hands stars.¤★*..*ˑ★

When his sister could not provide her latest client with protection, injured former Air Force pilot Maverick found himself filling the role. Despite not wanting the pity and the looks, Maverick knew he would be of little help for the former rock star who was only looking for a second chance.

He'd lost his career thanks to a fame grabbing reporter, then he'd lost his brother. The last straw was losing custody of his beloved niece. But, what more
Carey
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Will Parkinson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, I’m going to preface this review with one word, so that you’ll know what’s coming. Wow. This book? It has been touched by darkness. The motives of the killer are his (or her) own, and they’ll keep you guessing right up until the end.

In the meantime, though… We have Maverick. By all accounts a good man who has had a lot of shit heaped on his plate. He lost part of his leg, and with it, he lost a chunk of his life to the bottle he’s lost himself in. He drinks to drown out…well, everything. I
Ivy
Aaaaand we have a winner! In Safe Hand is my first top 5 Favorite books of 2019.
I was hooked from page 1. Maverick and Deacon seems, at first, completely opposite, but the more I’d read, the more I saw how similar and complementary they were.
I completely melted for them, both of them, in their flaws and their strength. They made me smile, melte and cry a little too.
This book was well written, the plot was well built, consistent and captivating. I loved the atmosphere of the book, dark, intrigui
Susana
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A defeated soldier. A fallen rock star. Can these two very damaged men become whole again?
Mav Delgardo hasn’t been able to regain control of his life after almost dying in an attack. Damaged and deeply scarred, he is dangerously near alcoholism when Deacon Daniels enters his life… And gives him a reason to live again.
This is a very intense story about two men who have had to deal with hard blows from life. Mav was an aircraft pilot who suffered severe wounds after an attack. He lost his
Natosha Wilson
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book totally blew me away. I was completely captivated by this book. Once I started reading it, I was unable to put this book down. Victoria Sue has always had me captivated by her books, but this one took the cake. Each time I thought that the danger had passed, there was a new one waiting in the darkness waiting to jump out. Victoria Sue is quickly climbing to the top of my Of favorite authors.

Mav is having a hard time since he returned home from active duty. He was injured while deploye
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author
Fantastic Story; Very Suspenseful!

I have never been disappointed by a story written by Victoria Sue so I was sure that I would love In Safe Hands and boy did I! She has proven to me that she can write all kinds of romantic stories – paranormal mPreg shifters and non-shifter mPreg, Regency era historicals, sci-fi thrillers, contemporary romance and now romantic suspense.

Mav has nearly lost himself in the bottle; he's having difficulties coming to terms with the career ending injuries he suffered
Heather Martin
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 5 stars!!

Have you read a book that you loved but you struggled to put it into a review? That’s the problem I’m having with this one. In Safe Hands by Victoria Sue is the first book I’ve read from this author. And what a great first book to start with! This is a standalone, but I’d love to see it become a series, with some of those other male characters we were introduced to in the story!

Maverick is struggling. He’s living on his sister’s couch and spends his time drinking. His sister nee
Xanthe
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great story and mystery! I was intrigued right from the get go with really interesting MC's and a well written plot.
Engaging from the start, I was pulled into the worries, stresses and emotional turmoil that both Maverick and Deacon are experiencing. There's physical and mental scarring with so much recovery for each to go through separately but together they are so good for each other.
The mystery surrounding Deacon and the stalker aspect really makes you think, with several viable
MariF
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I like Ms. Sue's writing and I liked both MCs and their relationship and character progression.
Mystery plot was cleverly woven and I was guessing who the killer was almost till the end.
The only things I did not like was all the coincidences and Mav's compliance to stay away from Deacon or the killer would find a way to hire a hitman to kill people he loves.
I don't really know how legal system works when it comes to accounts of proven criminals, I'd have thought that they should be frozen, especi
Nicole
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. In Safe Hands is brilliant and masterfully written. To often romantic suspense gives to much information early on allowing the reader to solve the mystery before the plot is fully revealed. That is not how Victoria Sue does things. Instead she carefully and masterfully crafts her characters allowing the reader to fall into the story unsuspecting of the outcome. When things were revealed I definitely let out some choice words. Aside from the suspense that is so well done the romance is perfe ...more
Amy
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another winner from an auto buy author. She has a way of quickly immersing you into her characters lives, making you care. Maverick and Deacon are both quite broken as they have lived through some bad things. Mav a suicide bomber, Deacon- a scandal that imploded his life and career, not to mention the loss of his brother. They fit together like no one else has, and I love the dedication and love towards each other and Molly. They are each flawed but so perfect for each other. The plot is interes ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Victoria Sue 1 14 Feb 03, 2019 07:18AM

Victoria Sue fell in love with love stories as a child when she would hide away with her mom’s library books and dream of the dashing hero coming to rescue her from math homework. She never mastered math but never stopped loving her heroes and decided to give them the happy ever afters they fight so hard for.
She loves reading and writing about gorgeous boys loving each other the best—and creating